View Full Version : Nice and cheap food Pattaya

oldfarang
November 3rd, 2015, 13:22
Maybe we can give some tips to each other where some decent and good (mainly) farang food is available for a reasonable price.

I found this place, Aroi, which has every Wednesday (Roast day) and Sunday (BBQ day) buffets under 300 baht.
The buffets come with a large assortment of veggies and finger food and other stuff.

Every other day of course food by menu is available.

Located on Soi 89 (across the Macro on Sukhumvit)

Here is their FaceBook: https://www.facebook.com/Aroi-pub-patta ... 787731448/ (https://www.facebook.com/Aroi-pub-pattaya-890141787731448/)

Oliver
November 3rd, 2015, 14:16
A Pattaya recommendation.
Four Seasons in Central has a steak buffet for 300 bht on the 5th floor. The steaks (and other meats) are cooked individually. Soup, salads, fruit, ice cream, soft drinks are included. Thai food also available. Good value.

oldfarang
November 3rd, 2015, 16:15
Oliver is that buffet daily or on certain days?

and of course the Aroi restaurant/pub is also Pattaya, hence the topic title
Please keep this for Pattaya only. If you want similar for Bangkok or other cities, just start a new topic.

dinagam
November 3rd, 2015, 19:17
If I'm not mistaken, oldfarang, Sukhumvit road starts in Bangkok and runs eastward for a few hundred kilometres to Pattaya and Rayong and beyond.

cdnmatt
November 3rd, 2015, 20:53
Personally, I always liked that "Smiles" restaurant or whatever it was called. Just one street left from Mosaik, down a little ways, on the corner at your left hand side. No idea if it's still open or whatever, but I always enjoyed it. Great food, large menu of both Thai and Western dishes, great prices, excellent service, etc.

Wasn't exactly 5 star or anything, but did the job quite well. Then again, I never really understood why people tried to setup "5 star" restaurants in Pattaya. It's Pattaya, not Paris.

oldfarang
November 3rd, 2015, 22:32
As far as I am concerned, this topic can go in to oblivion as so many others, if not all, because there is always an ass like dinagam, who wants to be a wise nose/ass.
I expected the first to be kommetariat or so, but dinagam is new to the "Lets get a to KILL the topic, with nonsense" for me, but I am sure he has done it many times.

I won't bother here anymore, just sometimes check-in and as most times, done within 5 minutes, nothing interesting as usual.
I MEAN THE WHOLE BOARD FORUM FOR THAT, not just this topic. It is fucking boring here. No intensive to get new people to stay.

This is not ThaiVisa.com which depends on ads and 1000+ posts for Google.
This is a NICHE forum, treat it like that or ..., well I don't care. :(

cdnmatt
November 3rd, 2015, 22:41
oldfarang, what he said wasn't overly bad. You really need to grow some thicker skin if you want to communicate on the internet, on forums such as this. Things aren't always going to go your way.

Don't worry, be happy. :)

loke
November 3rd, 2015, 22:45
Plenty of good restaurants inside Central Festival. Check out Hippopotamus in 5th floor. Excellent steaks and hamburgers for 200-500 baht.

anonone
November 4th, 2015, 05:32
I won't be much help on falang food, as we typically eat exclusively Thai when in Thailand.

I have heard many positive comments about the dinners at Colonial bar in Sunee. I don't know the particulars. I believe it is just a solitary option for the night, and not sure if they have something every night, but I am certain some of the expats on here can provide additional details.

Oliver
November 4th, 2015, 14:49
Four Seasons is open every day. There have been occasions in the high season when it is very busy in the early evening. I believe that another branch has opened in The Avenue.
It is Thai-owned, I'm told.

Ivory
November 5th, 2015, 18:03
Pattaya, Jomtien Complex, Dolche Vita bar - BBQ buffet with german style salads and snacks for just 255 baht. Every Tuesday and Saturday. Highly recomend :-BD

christianpfc
November 5th, 2015, 22:08
Check the free publications in Pattaya, there is advertising for restaurants and buffets.

I was at a Thai style seafood buffet with Farang friends, don't remember where exactly, but under 200 Baht.

oldfarang
November 7th, 2015, 05:30
oldfarang, what he said wasn't overly bad. You really need to grow some thicker skin if you want to communicate on the internet, on forums such as this. Things aren't always going to go your way.

Don't worry, be happy. :)
He, that was my Youtube from Bob Marley "Don't worry be Happy" the link is in one of my older posts. If I remember correctly the big boss here also posted a song in that topic.

Matty, I am 70+ and very thick skin, believe me, but sometimes it is nice to play. See what happened, no more idiots, just on topic posts,
(who ever this dinagam (Dearest Internet Nobodies Ass Gay Asian Male)

OK for a new topic, make names from the avatar names.

Now that is how you get a topic OFFTOPIC, cdnmatt (Conditions Do Not Matter At The Tensions)

I will make my own:
oldfarang (Ohh Lord Do Forget A Real Ambiance Nobody Got)

Don't forget the boss:
surfcrest (Sexy Under Rather Fast Crucial Ready Easy Simple Take-aways)

OK boss maybe a split would be nice, sorry, had a VERY good day, TOO GOOD if you know what I mean!

oldfarang
November 10th, 2015, 06:22
Well guess that did it.

With permission I will try and keep this topic going.

Whose next?

SMILES, love his intellectual posts.

Sexually Mature Important Lover Erases Sex

Maybe I will give kommie (kommentariat, needs to be EXTRA SPECIAL) a try next time

newalaan2
November 11th, 2015, 06:19
I won't be much help on falang food, as we typically eat exclusively Thai when in Thailand. I have heard many positive comments about the dinners at Colonial bar in Sunee. I don't know the particulars. I believe it is just a solitary option for the night, and not sure if they have something every night,
Just came upon this thread.

I tend to have Thai food 95% of my time in Thailand too. It's Thai-only on our visits to Issan and around Thailand and even mostly in Pattaya as we stay at Mosaik which has cooking facilities and utensils, and bf likes to cook daily. But just sometimes..... especially when I get back from Issan I crave some western food. The couple times I visited the Colonial bar on 'kitchen' nights, I was more than pleased with the offerings. As anonone suggests they are just one-off servings of usually one dish from 7pm until food is finished four nights per week, Sun (roast and trimmings), Mon, Wed, Fri. As posted in another thread the only one evening price I remembered was Bt125 for as big a helping as you wanted, which is very reasonable.

So I would certainly recommend Colonial.

oldfarang
November 13th, 2015, 01:31
You gay guys should really get out more and explore the real Thailand(Pattaya), outside of gay buffets/restaurants and stuff.
The normal Pattaya has so many great food places outside of straight or gay area's.

So many great cheap restaurants/bars, want nothing to do with the hookers area's.

Broaden your horizon, or stay limit as you are now.

egel
November 13th, 2015, 03:25
So many great cheap restaurants/bars, want nothing to do with the hookers area's.

Broaden your horizon,

Thank you for the suggestion, but I get enough of that 8 months of the year in the UK...So I'm hanging around the whoring areas while I'm there, thanks!

And, as you started it, does "Oldfarang" actually stand for...."Old lonely depressing faggot asshole, resentful and not generous?" ! :))

dinagam
November 13th, 2015, 10:51
+1 :-) ;)

francois
November 13th, 2015, 14:13
You gay guys should really get out more and explore the real Thailand(Pattaya), outside of gay buffets/restaurants and stuff.
The normal Pattaya has so many great food places outside of straight or gay area's.

Broaden your horizon, or stay limit as you are now.

oldfarang, you started this post asking for nice and cheap food in Pattaya and now you are critical of those suggestions which were posted? Odd!

loke
November 14th, 2015, 03:34
maybe oldfarang should change his name to oldtroll ?

bruce_nyc
December 12th, 2015, 12:30
For cheap and "decent" farang food.... try Sizzler's..... and Foodland....

I'm not joking. Both places.... Their food is better than average, and their prices are cheap. If you want farang food.

By the way, both of these have locations in *both* Pattaya and Bangkok (even right in the middle of Silom).