PDA

View Full Version : Back doors...

PeterUK
June 28th, 2006, 15:02
In today's Bangkok Post there is an article about Boy George failing to complete a community service order 'because he wanted to do something less humiliating than raking leaves.' As a result the New York judge got very angry. '"If you do community service you go out that door," Judge Ferrara told the 45-year-old singer, pointing to the exit. "But I'm going to make you a promise. If you don't do this community service, you go through the back door," he said, threatening the singer with jail.' From what I've read, Boy George will have no objection at all to 'go through the back door' or 'bradu lang' as Thais sometimes smirkingly describe it.

June 28th, 2006, 15:17
I doubt he goes through many back doors. It's more likely that his back door is gone through.

June 28th, 2006, 16:34
From what I've read, Boy George will have no objection at all to 'go through the back door' or 'bradu lang' as Thais sometimes smirkingly describe it.

For those of us who are novices at the language -- how does "bradu lang" literally translate?

PeterUK
June 28th, 2006, 16:40
I doubt he goes through many back doors. It's more likely that his back door is gone through.

Looks can be deceptive, as the ka-toey said to the plain-clothes cop.

For mumbaighost:
Bradu (more accurately, bpradtuu) = door
Lang (rising tone) = back.