PDA

View Full Version : All good things must come to an end!!!! Farewell Bondi!!!

jvt22222
October 20th, 2015, 09:35
This one has not been a тАЬgoodтАЭ thing, but a GREAT one!!!

Word is getting around town that the BONDI BEACH BAR AND RESTAURANT has closed and will likely not re-open under the previous management. If true, we of TAKE CARE!! bid the BONDI a fond and sincerest farewell. We will certainly miss you.

Over the last several years, the BONDI (earlier known as OZZ BAR) has been hosting a monthly fundraising event that has been on the regular calendar of many folks in our community тАУ QUIZ NIGHT @ BONDI!!!! The last Sunday of the month has seen the gathering of upwards to 40 regular whizz kids (well, not really kids!!) supporting the fundraising efforts of TAKE CARE!! and having good fun while doing so.

The funds realized have gone to purchase tens of thousands of Safer Sex Packs distributed through Pattaya and Jomtien focusing on the prevention of HIV/AIDS.

We wish Colin and Malcolm all the best in their future endeavors and send them, the staff of Bondi and all of the regular quizzers special thanks for your support.

Totally coincidentally, a few months ago, the COLONIAL BAR in Sunee Plaza started hosting a QUIZ NIGHT on the second Sunday of each month, also as a fundraiser for TAKE CARE!! We hope we will see all of the gang (and newcomers, as well, of course) who so faithfully supported us at Bondi testing their trivial knowledge every month at Colonial.

TAKE CARE!!

latintopxxx
October 20th, 2015, 11:03
Any reason why they are quitting?? Seemed like a nice enough place, I had at least a dozen meals and countless sundowners there. Ideal business place for a semi retired farang to manage whilst living in the paradise that is Pattaya.

Patanawet
October 23rd, 2015, 11:16
Good luck to Colin and Malcolm in whatever they plan for their future. Hopefully something new in Pattaya.

Smiles
October 24th, 2015, 08:38
Good luck to Colin and Malcolm in whatever they plan for their future. Hopefully something new in Pattaya.
Read this blurb posted on Gaybutton ...

Also, according to several sources, The two owners of Bondi in Jomtien have left Thailand under, shall we say . . . questionable circumstances. If there is any truth to the information I am being given, I doubt they will be back - ever. http://gaybuttonthai.com/viewtopic.php? ... 352#p70352 (http://gaybuttonthai.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=7465&p=70352#p70352)

If true, good luck indeed.

mahjongguy
October 25th, 2015, 07:56
I heard a very nice story about some bar owners who got together and raised enough money to pay the wages due to Bondi's staff.

arsenal
October 25th, 2015, 08:10
No trip to Pattaya was complete without a breakfast or two at Bondi. It won't stay closed for long. The location is simply too good. This is one business that it would take a complete fool not to be able to make a go of.

Marsilius
October 29th, 2015, 05:24
But doesn't the history of Pattaya bars indicate that there are plenty of such "complete fools" who are more than willing to run previously successful businesses into the ground...? Remember the genius with the amazingly novel business plan that finished off Krazy Dragon within a matter of months?

thaiguest
November 2nd, 2015, 17:28
But doesn't the history of Pattaya bars indicate that there are plenty of such "complete fools" wDragonare more than willing to run previously successful businalread to the ground...? Remember the genius with the amazingly novel business plan that finished off Krazy Dragon within a matter of months?

Often, all is not what it seems in the farang province of the LOS.From what I remember the ex-cop who bought Crazy Dragon was crazy to do so cos the dragon was on its last legs already. Yes his idiosyncratic shenanigans didn't help I know. Likewise with the Bondi-before the closure 50% of the business aka "the problem" was for sale. But it's easy to judge from the outside. Being involved with business here is no picnic what with restrictive work permits, Key Money, theft, gambling boyfriends, slowing economy, chinese rod dit everywhere and so on.

egel
November 2nd, 2015, 23:12
chinese rod dit
Give me a clue....it doesnt even show on a google search!

thaiguest
November 4th, 2015, 23:44
chinese rod dit
Give me a cliue....it doesnt even show on a googwrittenrch!

Traffic jambs caused by the monster chinese tour buses is what I ment and should have have written. Take a walk through soi Daynight behind Mosaic Apts morning or evening and you will see these monsters facing the hotel and belching exhaust fumes into the shops behind. Dr Olivier has moved to Theprassit Rd. Other businesses are complaining but the Chink hotel claims that it owns the space.

Brad the Impala
November 5th, 2015, 05:29
chinese rod dit
Other businesses are complaining but the Chink hotel claims that it owns the space.

Is the "Chink hotel" in the same street as the nigger restaurant and the faggot bar?

thaiguest
November 5th, 2015, 06:57
chinese rod dit
Other businesses are complaining but the Chink hotel claims that it owns the space.

Is the "Chink hotel" in the same street as the nigger restaurant and the faggot bar?
I may be black and gay but I don't behave like these.

christianpfc
November 5th, 2015, 22:01
Traffic jambs caused by the monster chinese tour buses is what I ment and should have have written.
Buses are an efficient (economical and ecological) way to move people around. Traffic jams are caused by one or two people going in a car, not by full buses. But when you have narrow streets, then buses become a problem because they need time to get around corners, and block the traffic. See buses navigating the Malaysia hotel / Ibis hotel T-junction and Ibis parking.

Bazzeroo
November 8th, 2015, 00:48
I Have to say that I have stayed at The Bondi on Numerous occations and always found it to be welcoming and enjoyable, it was a great place to sit in the morning and watch the beach come alive and then to watch the sunset. I for one am very sorry to see that the place has closed down and wish Colin & Malcolm the best of luck for the future. Over the years they have raised thousands of baht for charity and always gave a warm welcome, It will cetrainly change the dianamics of my future holidays in the LOS.x