PDA

View Full Version : High/Low Season

discord87
October 5th, 2015, 22:26
Hey guys,

While reading a lot of the topics here, I've come across several references to "high/low seasons". I'm curious about a couple of things, which I hope some of you could shed a light on:

1. When exactly are the high and low seasons?
2. Are they generally the same every year or changes according to different factors i.e. location, economy etc?
3. How much difference does it make on the gay scene in Thailand?

Still lots to learn about Thailand and the gay scene there, so hope you guys can help.

Many thanks in advance. :-)

francois
October 5th, 2015, 23:48
In general, high season would be during the Winter months when weather is cooler in Thailand and more visitors and traffic . Low season during the Summer months when hotter. So maybe Dec,Jan, Feb, would be the highest season. Always plenty of boyz.

Smiles
October 6th, 2015, 08:43
So maybe Dec,Jan, Feb, would be the highest season. Always plenty of boyz.
I would add in November as well. Although the first part of Nov. could be said to be on the cusp of 'high', the last few weeks of that month are noticeably busier in the resort towns.

dinagam
October 6th, 2015, 11:38
The 2 weeks around Chinese New Year is another peak in the calendar, that is if you're looking forward to Chinese gays.

bobsaigon2
October 6th, 2015, 11:57
Chinese New Year ("Toot Jean" in Thai) is based on the Lunar calendar, which next year places it at 07 February 2016.

discord87
October 13th, 2015, 21:48
Thanks for the info guys.

Is there that big of a difference between the 2 seasons on the bar scene in BKK and Pattaya?

BOY69
October 13th, 2015, 22:24
Of course there is at the high season there are much more boys and tourists and everything is more vibrant .

steveky
October 14th, 2015, 04:25
I always took high season to be from late November up until Songkran (13-15 April). Another impact apart from numbers in bars, etc., is that many hotels charges higher prices in high season.

latintopxxx
October 14th, 2015, 07:51
personally I dont really take the high/low season into consideration when planning my trips. In fact quite often more fun is had during low season, less tourists around cluttring up the place..and as for MB there are always lots..if not in the bars then certainly on grindr.

cdnmatt
October 14th, 2015, 10:12
I always personally liked the low season better. Less farangs, so more attention from everyone for me. Plus the farangs that are there either live there, or are well travelled and have been to Thailand many times, so know their way around. During the high season you have to put up with a bunch of drunken, arrogant idiots who have no clue how to conduct themselves properly.

latintopxxx
October 14th, 2015, 16:55
...actually u ouyed me...biggest issue is the fucking mb trying to land bigger fish during high season...low season they r hungry and much more open to a bht 700 for a 3 hour " I do everything" session.....paradise as far as I'm concerned.

cdnmatt
October 14th, 2015, 22:39
heh, yeah... you gotta love the 2 week millionaire, eh? There's more than enough of them during high season. Some drunken idiot throwing around money like crazy, acting as if they're king of the castle.

Again, I prefer the low season. I actually got an invite to Pattaya just last night. Guy around the corner who works at a mechanic shop is heading down there for 2 weeks to meet a German (female) friend. Not sure of the details, but hotel close to Central Plaza that costs 2000/night, so I'm assuming D2 or something? Anyway, doubt I'll go anyway. Got the dogs plus work, and don't really feel like pissing about in Pattaya.

egel
October 16th, 2015, 00:04
During the high season you have to put up with a bunch of drunken, arrogant idiots who have no clue how to conduct themselves properly.

I thought there would be far less Russians this year.

BOY69
October 16th, 2015, 04:43
I prefer the low season too because the money bays are less greedy but usually the weather is awful...

loke
October 17th, 2015, 03:24
The only problem with low season is that all the boys and their friends message you weekly or daily , desperate for customers.
I had to block some profiles on GR , I felt like some of them were stalking me.

October 17th, 2015, 04:06
During the high season you have to put up with a bunch of drunken, arrogant idiots who have no clue how to conduct themselves properly.

I thought there would be far less Russians this year.

There were/are, but they were quickly replaced by more Brits.

Kidding.

latintopxxx
October 19th, 2015, 05:22
loke...i'm surprised u felt stalked or harrassed. they r just doing their job. I love it when they msg me..am usually able to negotiate a good session at a good price.