View Full Version : New bus route 'Suvarnabhumi-BTS Udomsuk

Surfcrest
October 1st, 2015, 01:26
New bus route 'Suvarnabhumi-BTS Udomsuk' starts next month

Looking for a cheaper alternative to and from Suvarnabhumi?

http://bangkok.coconuts.co/2015/09/29/new-bus-route-suvarnabhumi-bts-udomsuk-starts-next-month

thaiguest
October 1st, 2015, 17:58
New bus route 'Suvarnabhumi-BTS Udomsuk' starts next month

Looking for a cheaper alternative to and from Suvarnabhumi?

http://bangkok.coconuts.co/2015/09/29/new-bus-route-suvarnabhumi-bts-udomsuk-starts-next-month

I can't see the point of this service.

Is it not simpler to go downstairs in the airport and take the train all the way to Praya Tai for around 40 baht or get off earlier at a cheaper price? Or take the express to Makassan.

latintopxxx
October 2nd, 2015, 02:21
dunno...last thing I want to do after a long flight accompanied by a large suitcase and hand luggage is try to fight my way onto public transport.

thaiguest
October 2nd, 2015, 13:30
dunno...last thing I want to do after a long flight accompanied by a large suitcase and hand luggage is try to fight my way onto public transport.

But this bus is taking you to 2 BTS public transport stations not to your hotel as I understand it.

I bring my (small) suitcase downstairs to the airport train station, get out at Praya Tai and then head for Sala Daeng BTS all for less than 100 baht with no roadway traffic issues.
May not suit everyone but it suits me.

loke
October 3rd, 2015, 03:18
I agree , much easier to take the airport train if you're heading to SIam or any other BTS station nearby.

October 3rd, 2015, 05:43
I bring my (small) suitcase downstairs to the airport train station, get out at Praya Tai and then head for Sala Daeng BTS all for less than 100 baht with no roadway traffic issues. May not suit everyone but it suits me.I prefer to get off at Makkasan and transfer to the MRT at Phetchburi via the Skywalk. It saves that extra change at Siam. I guess if latintopxxx has to lug the kitchen sink around with him then he could always get an Uber from the airport. Makkasan and the MRT has more elevators for going down (perhaps that's not one of latin's favourite activities?)