View Full Version : Jomtien Complex. Whats the lure?

bucknaway
September 29th, 2015, 05:12
When I plan my return to Pattaya, I always promise to spend one of my nights in Jomtien Complex simply to try something new and to break out of my barhopping rut. I also promise myself that when I am walking back to my condo, taking a short-cut through the plaza. I always say I will stop at one of the closed bars where the guys are sitting in the dark and calling me to come sit with them. But so far I only walk through the plaza before catching a baht-bus to boyztown and on my way back to my condo, i don't have time to stop at the bars because I am likely meeting a online hook-up.

One again I am planning to spend a night in the plaza and I am asking myself why? I won't get to see any guys in a g-string and forget about peeks of nudity. The only thing they have to offer is drinks, sitting with flirty, pushy sissy guys.

I can't help but think that there is something I am missing... The bars are still open in the Plaza and they are filled with guys. There has to be something to the plaza that keeps the lights on. What am I missing? Is there some secret to the plaza that makes it as entertaining as boyztown or as deliciously seductive as Sunee? Or is Jomtien Complex the place to go when you want to slow down and not try to do too much?

Up2U
September 29th, 2015, 07:43
If you don't like sitting, socializing with friends and boys at any of the Sunee or Boyztown drinking bars then I recommend skipping the Jomtien bars as they are simply not your style.

bucknaway
September 29th, 2015, 08:08
I'm not much of a drinker. I like to stay active and will often walk back and forth from Sunee, Walking Street and Boyztown several times a night with a final walk around the street vendors that are along the road to tuk.com. When that is done I like to take the baht bus back to Jomtien Complex in order to walk the complex before I go back to my room.

Is that all there is to Jomtien Complex? Just sitting, talking and drinking?

francois
September 29th, 2015, 09:05
There is also eating in their many restaurants if one is inclined to eat?

It seems Bucky that you are among the newer generation that have lost touch with reality and immerse themselves in on-line socialization? ;)

dinagam
September 29th, 2015, 09:13
All the boys are offable, and not all of them are sissies.
Some bars have all-Thai boys, Khmers, Laotians, etc.
They will give you their full attention.

bruce_nyc
September 29th, 2015, 11:12
I get that Boyztown is entertainment central. Jomtien Complex is the place to go for dinner with friends at one of the many very good restaurants there. It also has an alternative show at Venue... for a change. And yes, the boys at all the little beer bars are off-able. What I don't get is the attraction to Sunee Plaza. I go to Sunee Plaza and all the little bars are filled with sissies. And inside the gogo bar or two that are still operating, there's an even lower class of sissies.

francois
September 29th, 2015, 12:23
What I don't get is the attraction to Sunee Plaza. I go to Sunee Plaza and all the little bars are filled with sissies. And inside the gogo bar or two that are still operating, there's an even lower class of sissies.

A bit condescending aren't you?

bruce_nyc
September 29th, 2015, 14:24
Condescending to whom? In any case, I don't mean to be.... I was using Bucky''s word, "sissies". I actually never use that word. But when I heard it, I immediately thought of the boys in Eros. I just don't see the "deliciously seductive" side of Sunee Plaza.

It's just that I've often had a similar feeling about Sunee Plaza.... I don't get the attraction.

No offence to those that do.... I must be missing something.

Bucky, I'm pretty sure that you're not into "sissies". I'm probably into them more than you are, in fact! So what exactly is so "deliciously seductive" in Sunee Plaza? You don't even off boys from there.... Do you?

I guess my point is: I understand the attraction to Jomtien Complex more than I do to Sunee Plaza. If I were meeting friends for dinner, I'd suggest meeting at a restaurant in Jomtien Complex.... then maybe going to Venue after.

I keep going to Sunee to "give it another chance".... time after time after time.... but maybe I need to try it again. Next time I go there I'll go alone.... not with friends or my bf.... and see what happens.

bucknaway
September 29th, 2015, 15:45
I don't judge by class. I've partied with guys in Thailand who would be considered to be high class and I have partied with guys you may consider low class and I have more fun with them.

And yes, I've offed from krazy dragon in the past and once from Eros in sunee.
I don't off very often and will only off guys that I fell a connection to as long as I don't have an online hookup waiting.

bruce_nyc
September 29th, 2015, 16:03
I didn't mean "class" in that sense. I meant, a lower "quality"... of "hotness", if you will.

( My bf is a lower "class", in the sense of social status, than any Thai boy... since he's Shan /Tai Yai... They are often looked down upon by even the lowest "class" of Thai people. )

I don't judge people by class either. If anything, quite the opposite.

bucknaway
September 29th, 2015, 17:26
For me just sitting in a bar and drinking is pure torture. I have to be doing something or I have to be entertained. That is why I prefer the bars that perform a show or the bars that are similar to the Eros format.

catawampuscat
September 29th, 2015, 17:51
Jomtien Complex chock full of hot friendly eager boys, lots of great places to eat and
a great alternative to Sunee or Boyztown. I agree far more fem boys in Sunee but
then there's Good Boys in S.P., currently full of masculine well hung guys in Sunee. Nice
Boys also features manly well equipped guys in S.P.
JC full of life, lights, boys, food, bars but no Gogo.

a447
September 29th, 2015, 19:15
Bucky, come to Prague!

Gaybutton
September 29th, 2015, 21:52
For me just sitting in a bar and drinking is pure torture. I have to be doing something or I have to be entertained. That is why I prefer the bars that perform a show or the bars that are similar to the Eros format.
Then I don't think Jomtien Complex is your kind of place. If you decide to give it a try to see for yourself, if it turns out you don't like it, you're only a 10 minute baht bus ride or 5 minute motorbike taxi ride from the venues you prefer. One walk-through at Jomtien Complex will be enough to know whether you're going to like it or not.

newalaan2
September 29th, 2015, 22:49
What am I missing?
What is the lure? For me personally it is visiting an area of gay bars/venues full of gay/gay-for-pay willing lads that there is absolutely nothing to compare to back home in Scotland. For me that's enough...anything further is a real bonus, and there have been many 'real bonuses' over the years. Just being able to have a seat at an outdoor bar in your short-sleeved shirt in October chatting/flirting with gay lads who would love you to go with you is a lure, for me anyway. It is difficult to know what you are missing, I can only speak for myself.

goji
September 30th, 2015, 01:56
I've always preferred the gogo format, as they are dressed almost as I like and are usually arranged on a stage facing the audience, so the customer can take control of the selection process. In some places, you might just find they're sitting on your lap completely undressed. I've never seen that in an open fronted host bar.

In comparison, it is more difficult in a host bar.
You wander in sit down and a boy you don't fancy joins you. 1. Should I try to tactfully send him away? Or hope he leaves of his own accord? Or buy him a drink, whilst trying not to leave him expecting an off ?
Then the one you do fancy is amongst a group of 3 with another farang. 2. Whilst he might not be the one the farang is after, it's a bit rude to encourage him to move tables. How much patience should the customer show?

a447
September 30th, 2015, 02:30
If I see a guy I'm attracted to sitting with a farang, I try to make eye contact with him to let him know I'm interested. I then wait for him to go to the toilet and follow him and ask him to come and sit with me when the farang finally leaves. But if the farang has said he's going to off the guy, I would never try to get him to come with me instead. That's a definite no-no.

Over the years the situation has been sometimes reversed - the guy makes eye contact with me to escape a horrible customer. This last happened in Boyzboyzboyz on my last trip when a total lunatic came in with a boy and sat next to me. When the farang got up and left his seat, the poor boy started pouring his heart of to me. He was scared and wanted out.

I also hate it when I go into a host bar and an unattractive or worse still,a fem boy, wants to sit with me. I just tell him I want to sit alone, wait a respectable time and then call over a guy I'm actually interested in. One of the most useful Thai expressions I've learnt is : Keun nii phom kon diao - I want to be alone tonight. It works every time, even though my accent is atrocious and the tones are probably all wrong.

Dodger
September 30th, 2015, 17:46
I always visit Jomtien Plaza a few times each trip just to enjoy the atmosphere and see some new faces.

I was walking through the Plaza one night back in June with plans to stop in at The Venue for a drink, and out of the corner of my eye spotted a buy who I recognized from one of those Private Boys Movies. He was (and probably still is) working as a free lancer at Two Faces, and was looking as HOT as ever. He's slim...cute as they cum...sissy boy (sorry guys)...and is hung like a thoroughbred race horse. Mid-way through our first drink together he told me that he had a very large cock, followed by a giggle. Then he took my hand and placed it between his legs and started massaging his half-hard cock with my hand. By the second drink my plans for the rest of the evening were solidified. A real pro...into everything...loves rimming...stays hard even when he's sleeping...woke up to him sucking my cock...returned the favor...did the wild thing again on my back porch as the finale...and didn't regret missing the show at The Venue one bit.

I love spontaneity. And a visit to Jomtien Plaza always seems to present that opportunity.

malchik21
October 2nd, 2015, 02:39
When I plan my return to Pattaya, I always promise to spend one of my nights in Jomtien Complex simply to try something new and to break out of my barhopping rut. I also promise myself that when I am walking back to my condo, taking a short-cut through the plaza. I always say I will stop at one of the closed bars where the guys are sitting in the dark and calling me to come sit with them. But so far I only walk through the plaza before catching a baht-bus to boyztown and on my way back to my condo, i don't have time to stop at the bars because I am likely meeting a online hook-up.

One again I am planning to spend a night in the plaza and I am asking myself why? I won't get to see any guys in a g-string and forget about peeks of nudity. The only thing they have to offer is drinks, sitting with flirty, pushy sissy guys.

I can't help but think that there is something I am missing... The bars are still open in the Plaza and they are filled with guys. There has to be something to the plaza that keeps the lights on. What am I missing? Is there some secret to the plaza that makes it as entertaining as boyztown or as deliciously seductive as Sunee? Or is Jomtien Complex the place to go when you want to slow down and not try to do too much?

I had never ventured into Jomtein until my recent trip. I had always found some of the boys and the bars in Sunee just to my taste and the Ambience Hotel a nice place to stay. Finish the evening off at ToyBoys (300 baht for a beer) or having fun with the lads at Castro Bar in Boyz Town. I was in Pattaya for 2 weeks but had only booked the Ambience for 5 nights as I wanted to go to the Marriott for my Birthday and live it up a bit. After that I had nothing booked, but playing around with Booking.com they were offering a studio apartment in Talay 7 in Jomtein for 1000 Baht per night. Before I booked it I thought what the hell so I ventured down to the Plaza to see the action. I never went back to either Boyz Town or Sunee. !!! I found the boy of my dreams there and spent the rest of my holiday with him. I had to do a deal with the bar owner and he was very good about it. But I did give him a fair amount of business for the remaining 6 days. The place was full of boys, more than I have ever seen in BT or Sunee. Plenty of good restaurants around and I found it very safe. Because I was smitten I did not go looking to see if there were any go go bars there so I have no info on that.
Someone has buggered up my favourite bar in Sunee. Boys are completely uninteresting and long gone are the slitted shorts. Last time I was there it was standing room only and a great atmosphere amongst the customers who were all having fun with the boys. Jomtein for me now.

Incidentally has anyone got any info on the drop dead gorgeous boy that works in the Coffee Club in Royal Garden Plaza? I sat there endlessly when I was staying at the Marriott with both GR, Grinder and Hornet to see if he had a profile but to no avail. Being the shy type I didn't ask plus I had my delicious new boy with me at the time. Got to be worth a challenge to any one still there. There are 2 boys working there but you will know instantly which one I mean. Happy hunting !! Reports please !!

francois
October 2nd, 2015, 10:19
Not to be pedantic, but, for clarification, it is Sunee Plaza and Jomtien Complex.

bruce_nyc
October 2nd, 2015, 23:21
I've always preferred the gogo format, as they are dressed almost as I like and are usually arranged on a stage facing the audience, so the customer can take control of the selection process. In some places, you might just find they're sitting on your lap completely undressed. I've never seen that in an open fronted host bar.

In comparison, it is more difficult in a host bar.
You wander in sit down and a boy you don't fancy joins you. 1. Should I try to tactfully send him away? Or hope he leaves of his own accord? Or buy him a drink, whilst trying not to leave him expecting an off ?
Then the one you do fancy is amongst a group of 3 with another farang. 2. Whilst he might not be the one the farang is after, it's a bit rude to encourage him to move tables. How much patience should the customer show?

Exactly! Well said.... That's been my experience too. Host bars seem to beat around the bush and are usually very uncomfortable when the "wrong" boy sits with you ( the one you're not interested in ).... you feel like he's now killing your chances with the one cute.guy that's there. Seems like an uncomfortable waste of time.

Meanwhile, gogo bars get straight to the point. I love the way I can work together with the "captain" ( as the boys are now calling the mamasan these days ).... and get exactly what I want.... hassle free.... within minutes. And I can see all the boys' bodies in underwear as I'm selecting one. Perfect.

The other day, we went to Hot Male and I was asking when will the show finish. I was complaining mildly.... I want to see the boys. And it's too dark in here to see them sitting down all the way on the other side of the stage, etc. So the captain went and gathered up all the boys that met my requirements and had them do a lineup right in front of us.... during the show!. Perfect. ( Even tho it turned out that the one we liked the most wasn't in the lineup..... he was in the actual show! We offed him and he was a fantastic catch! I got his phone number! ) But we would never have known exactly which ones were bottoms.... without the effective assistance of the captain. ( When a captain helps you so efficiently, be sure to tip him at least 100 baht or more. )

It's awkward in any other type of format.... like a host bar. The basic format of the gogo bar ( same as many brothels ) must be many thousands of years old.

loke
October 3rd, 2015, 03:43
Personally I only have a drink in Jomtien complex , and do some people-watching . I don't find many boys of my type there and most of them are Cambodian or Laotian. It's a nice place to relax and chat up with some boys if you like.

bruce_nyc
October 3rd, 2015, 12:22
Personally I only have a drink in Jomtien complex , and do some people-watching . I don't find many boys of my type there and most of them are Cambodian or Laotian. It's a nice place to relax and chat up with some boys if you like.

I like Cambodian and Laotian boys. From my experience, Cambodian boys are much better with managing their money than others are. And Laotian boys are very sweet, kind, loyal, romantic, loving, and dreaming of a real relationship. I think Laotian boys ( in general ) would make wonderful boyfriend material. All can be super sexy.... if you meet the right one. Thai boys are smooth sweet talkers and actors..... but they have been indoctrinated their whole lives into the Thai culture of fleecing farang out of their money. This concept isn't as ingrained in the life experience of a Cambodian or Laotian boy, in general...

Of course, these are only generalizations. There will always be exceptions to every rule.

But the type I prefer most are masculine 6-pack very handsome young men. Not many like that over in Jomtien... or Sunee... In fact, not many even in Boyztown.... so there ya go. That's why it takes a long time for me to really meet one that rocks my world. ;)

thaiguest
October 3rd, 2015, 16:52
The Cambodians and Laotians you described above have a basic flaw-they're more or less normal people.

Give me the unpredictable Thai every time.

When I go to Laos or Cambodia I see what I regard as a handsome boy at the rate of 1 per hour. In Thailand 20+ per hour.

When Thailand gets fixed up, normalized and westernized I'm off.

In the meantime I'm making the best of it even if Lek/Tam/Bu/Ton/... watches cartoons on the tv while he plays Candy Crush on my ipad while listening to Morlam on his phone and wants my money -a much reduced resource at this stage- but he don't know that. (Yet).

goji
October 3rd, 2015, 17:37
When I go to Laos or Cambodia I see what I regard as a handsome boy at the rate of 1 per hour. In Thailand 20+ per hour.

For me, the ratio of handsome guys in Cambodia & Laos is higher, although this is would be because I like them slim.
Of course, it's much more difficult to hook up in Laos and outside Phnom Penh/Siem Reap in Cambodia.

BOY69
October 3rd, 2015, 20:24
I always prefer the unperdictable and hectic nature of the thai boys .
You'll never know what's the next move with them it's like beeing
in a thriller and it make things more interesting =))

egel
October 3rd, 2015, 22:39
Finish the evening off at ToyBoys (300 baht for a beer)
300? I doubt that is correct.

thaiguest
October 5th, 2015, 05:38

For me, the ratio of handsome guys in Cambodia & Laos is higher, although this is would be because I like them slim.
Of course, it's much more difficult to hook up in Laos and outside Phnom Penh/Siem Reap in Cambodia.

Everyone to his own.

I don't see Cambodians as particularly slim.

They're very often of smaller stature than the Thais and if they eat too much rice they're very often pudgy and not very well defined of body.

Mai bpen rai-suk sabai.

thaiguest
October 5th, 2015, 05:47
I always prefer the unperdictable and hectic nature of the thai boys .
You'll never know what's the next move with them it's like beeing
in a thriller and it make things more interesting =))

Exactly.

There's no figuring out what's going on in the Thai mind.

When you think everything is rosy in the garden the smallest thing can bring on a storm.

When you're expecting a whirlwind of woes they turn up as meek as a lamb.