PDA

View Full Version : If I could turn back time.

arsenal
September 26th, 2015, 20:57
I, like a few others on this board am currently in the 'booked to go' state of affairs and like them I too can think of little else other than Thailand and the boys therein so you will, I'm sure forgive a little mental doodling. My question is this, If you could turn back time and bring back ONE bar that has now left the scene which one would it be. And why.

I had to give this a lot of thought because there have been some humdingers over the years but in the end I decided I would reincarnate Wild West Boys as it was about 5/6 years ago. At 8.00pm the mammasan would choose three boys from the stage. They would strip completely and then run around the bar to the tune of The Eye of the Tiger while being sprinkled with water by the other boys and one boy would be ringing a bell. It was fantastic and made a great start to the evenings shenanigans. There was actually much less nudity in those days than there is today and so the full nudity was quite a treat.

firecat69
September 26th, 2015, 21:35
That is a tough question . I would bring back Kaos in Sunee. Those were the days in Sunee when there were a number of good GoGo Bars and the selection was fairly wide. Also it seems those bars always had the best looking boys as Door Men to entice you. There was a year or two that I never offed anyone but a Door Man. Sadly now days you rarely see an offable door Man IMHO.

arsenal
September 26th, 2015, 21:46
Firecat: Yes indeed. I've offed doorman from Nice Boys, Mic My, Krazy Dragon and Eros over the years.

bucknaway
September 26th, 2015, 23:02
If I could turn back time, I would visit the old Dream Boys bar before they moved into soi twilight. I loved the shows they put on there.
I would also go back in time to the old Adams Apple bar in Chiang Mai.

francois
September 27th, 2015, 00:24
I would bring back Gentlemen Club since that is where I met by bf on first trip to Thailand.

colmx
September 27th, 2015, 00:59
Super boys in Phuket.... aall the guys were naked and erect and always performing monkey gymnastics on the gogo poles!

Alternatively it would by x-ray disco, the coyotes there were stunning!

And prior to that Hollywood South Pattaya... every night it was mobbed with gay boys as soon as the bars closed!

BOY69
September 27th, 2015, 01:43
15 years ago THROB! in Pattaya (now Copa) was the best go go bar in the city upmarket bar , huge selections of boys and a great ambiance.
THE BOYS BANGKOK also 15 years ago had great selection of beautiful boys and great fuck shows with attractive boys .

bucknaway
September 27th, 2015, 01:44
Super boys in Phuket.... aall the guys were naked and erect and always performing monkey gymnastics on the gogo poles!

Alternatively it would by x-ray disco, the coyotes there were stunning!

And prior to that Hollywood South Pattaya... every night it was mobbed with gay boys as soon as the bars closed!

I never got to see that :(

Here I was satisfied with the guys at Throbb crawling over and humping the customers faces while wearing dog ears and a g-string.
What a sucker I was! :(

a447
September 27th, 2015, 01:57
Holiday 2 in Soi VC, down by Powerboys. A forerunner to Goodboys, but even sleazier.

egel
September 27th, 2015, 02:35
Another vote for Throb, but only when they had the Chicken Dance on the agenda.
I offed the cute one several times ... :p
Now look at the place :(

oldfarang
September 27th, 2015, 02:56
That is a tough question . I would bring back Kaos in Sunee. Those were the days in Sunee when there were a number of good GoGo Bars and the selection was fairly wide. Also it seems those bars always had the best looking boys as Door Men to entice you. There was a year or two that I never offed anyone but a Door Man. Sadly now days you rarely see an offable door Man IMHO.
I would have to agree on Kaos, if only for the doorman nickname Joy. Great in bed, nice cock for a Thai that he used very well as a top, reasonable English, perfect smooth and soft skin, great kisser. Most recognizable feature would be his large belly tattoo between navel and cock.
Would be in his early 30's now, I'd guess.

firecat69
September 27th, 2015, 03:01
Actually has a great German BF who has taken well care of him. House, car etc and last I knew very happy.

Dalewood
September 27th, 2015, 03:17
Can not make up my mind in Bangkok, so I will settle on the Gentlemans Club.

oldfarang
September 27th, 2015, 04:05
Actually has a great German BF who has taken well care of him. House, car etc and last I knew very happy.
He deserves that. Joy was one of my all time favorites. If in those days I would have been looking for a BF, I would have given him a try.

Dodger
September 27th, 2015, 06:19
The 2 I miss the most from the good old days are Moonlight Gogo (on Pattayland Soi 3 & Second Road), and the original StarBoysBoys (across Second Road on Soi Toyota). Gentlemen's Club is a close third.

I also miss Hollywood Disco and Butterfly Karaoke on Soi Day Night with a passion.

Doug
September 27th, 2015, 09:41
2007 - Those were the days my friend,yes, those were the days. My favourite bar was where ever two boys, Noi and Neung were working. Noi as a reluctant dancer and Neung as a doorman. I first spotted them at the opening Sawadee Bar in Boystown but they quickly moved to Euro Boys in Sunee. Then they moved to the half-sized Jim, Jimmy, James which was a most fun bar in it's heyday. Noi hated dancing so he would sit on the edge of the stage openly working on his erection. Sometimes when the bar was short of boys Neung was required to take a turn on the stage but he always hid behind a post. Neung had a dispute with the mamasan and he moved on to Kaos as a doorman and Noi became a freelancer liable to show up anywhere so I moved to Duc's Bar where I could keep close to Neung. Sundance Bar beside Duc's was also a hopping place. Those were the days. Sadly, I fear, never to return.

painai2
September 27th, 2015, 10:30
Am I the only one that likes Pattaya just the way it is now. I have more than I can handle as it is.

BOY69
September 27th, 2015, 11:35
The on line App's killed most of the fun in the bars :-s

firecat69
September 27th, 2015, 12:00
Am I the only one that likes Pattaya just the way it is now. I have more than I can handle as it is.

I don't think that is the question. Many still like it now , they just have fond memories of better times. Of that there is no doubt!

RichLB
September 27th, 2015, 12:52
My favorite in days gone bye was Charley Bar. It was always fun, filled with guys, and usually crowded with other farang.

Oliver
September 27th, 2015, 14:24
Those who weren't around Boyztown in the 90s missed its glory day and so, for me, it has to be Cockpit. If I were forced to choose one from the next decade, it'd be Dreamboys....for personal reasons.
in Bangkok, Screw Boys (when it was in Soi Twilight) was particularly and amusingly sleazy and has the distinction of presenting the first naughty show I ever saw.
Chiang Mai? Adam's Apple by a mile and in Phuket I remember Super Boys. The dancers sometimes wore florescent jock-straps which were quite interesting to observe when the mamasan turned the lighting off.

bruce_nyc
September 28th, 2015, 08:50
I can't help but wonder how much of this is pure sentimentality.... Fond memories of a certain bar.... because of one certain boy.... who I happened to lose my Thailand virginity to.... Like daydreams of one's "first love".

Maybe it wasn't so much better back then.... we just remember it that way. Our memories are surely distorted by how intoxicated with excitement ( and hormones and alcohol and emotions and never ending erections ) we were.... on our first trips to Thailand.

I remember my own first trip to Thailand that way too.... in 2006. But, other than in the finer details about which club is hottest at the moment, what the boys wear now at a certain place, etc... It still all basically works the same way today.... as it has forever.

Sex is still available for a song. And sex and songs haven't changed all that much. ;)

I'd love to hear from someone whose first trip to Thailand was in 2014 or 2015..... and here about which places they have the fondest memories of...

Personally, my fondest memories are still being made today.... and every day.... at Dream Boy and Jupiter and Hero and Green Massage ( and many other places ) in Bangkok.... and at A-Bomb and FunnyBoy and Ambiance Massage and the cheap gay massage shops behind TucCom in Pattaya... and at Adam's Apple and Circle Pub and 2 Brothers Massage in Chiang Mai...

The main difference right now is.... probably due to exaggerated fears about the new government, the bombing in Bangkok, the flooding in Pattaya, etc... and it being low season anyway.... Customers are few. Thailand's gay sex industry is amazingly resilient. But it desperately needs more customers to know about it... and come. It needs some great PR work done.

francois
September 28th, 2015, 14:51
Maybe it wasn't so much better back then....

No, it was much better back then! Many, many more go-go bars and go-go boys at least in Pattaya.

Oliver
September 28th, 2015, 15:08
I've posted before that our first reactions to Pattaya are likely to be viewed positively in retrospect. And so Bruce is partly correct, particularly when you consider the improvements to other aspects of Pattaya life- more and better restaurants for example.

However, as far as bars are concerned, there really is no comparison. In the 90s, the best of them were full of both dancers and customers. BBB had up to one hundred dancers on-stage while Cockpit often had fifty. There was better rapport between dancers and customers, helped no doubt by the absence of mobile phones and more competition. And of course, no dating apps. If a guy didn't net a falang that night, he went home hungry. Put simply, they tried harder.

But Pattaya is better in so many ways now. I used to stay at Cafe Royal where hot water was barely accessible. The two floors of Royal Garden were the only superior shopping centres available; The hours between breakfast and bar opening often bored me if a trip to the polluted beach of Jomtien was not suitable....the overall experience now is more varied, better organised and not that much more expensive. And then there's Gay Romeo.

scottish-guy
September 28th, 2015, 18:12
...I was satisfied with the guys at Throbb crawling over and humping the customers faces while wearing dog ears and a g-string.. :(

If I can get the photo of that out of my (very) old phone, I'll post it for you Bucky. Just for the memories.

Sad to say I can't see that routine making a comeback any time soon, as the soundtrack was a song by Mr Rolf Harris.

Unless of course some bar owner has a party night dedicated to the music of Rolf, Gary Glitter, Jonathan King, and Ian Watkins
(just a pity Jimmy Savile isn't around to DJ it) - whilst Pete Townshend could be in the audience, just watching out of curiosity.

:ymparty:

fountainhall
September 29th, 2015, 00:27
Mine goes way back to the early 1980s in Bangkok - Apollo in Soi 4. Small with a small bar and cute bartender, catwalk through the area and the boys getting naked around 9:00pm. It had all the fun that is missing in most of the establishments today. It had no show, and for that I would move forward a few years to Barbiery opposite Soi Twilight in the late 1980s. Dozens of very cute guys, some amazing - and amazingly athletic - shows and all the boys seemingly having a really fun time. Absolutely packed with loads of Thais at the weekends.

gumblebee
September 29th, 2015, 02:46
I really miss the "Sexy Boys Shows" in Monty's Enchanted Hut in Jomtien Complex. The most erotic shows I've ever seen anywhere in Thailand. The place was a bit disorganized at times, but I liked the intimate setting, and Monty was a very welcoming host. Boy, were some of their acts sexy, even if the boys always had at least some underwear on.

scottish-guy
September 29th, 2015, 03:48
I hope Bucky appreciates the 4 hours I spent looking for a cable :))

[attachment=0:3de81y3v]ForBucky.jpg[/attachment:3de81y3v]

firecat69
September 29th, 2015, 11:35
If he doesn't I do. One of the few shows ever in Pattaya that I could attend more then once a week and be guaranteed I would laugh my ass off. Good Times!!!

bruce_nyc
September 29th, 2015, 15:02
It's a cute photo.... but I don't really get how it's that much different from what happens at the sex shows in Pattaya and Bangkok these days. Is it only the sheer *number* of bars, boys, and customers.... that's different?

firecat69
September 29th, 2015, 15:10
The truth is you really don't know and it is impossible to do it justice trying to explain it. You had to be there and some of us were lucky enough to be around at that time.

Oliver
September 29th, 2015, 15:18
Correct. I enjoy Pattaya enough to visit three times a year; but , like others who were around at the time, I am fully aware that the atmosphere in Boyztown and the attitude of the Thais who worked there twenty years ago was much better.

latintopxxx
September 29th, 2015, 15:54
...hello...of course it was better in the 80's and 90's and even very early 2000's......its because MTV didnt exist so the hoi polloi had no idea how the rich lived...there was no free/cheap internet so again the peasants/working classes/hoi polloi had no information....and more importantly no God forsaken fucking adting social wrecking apps like facebook/grindr/whatever.
So consequently the boys have become greedy because they realise that what we (I) pay for a fuck would barely pay for a meal...and the bars empty...because the MB can find customers online....

Surfcrest
September 29th, 2015, 16:25
and for that I would move forward a few years to Barbiery opposite Soi Twilight in the late 1980s. Dozens of very cute guys, some amazing - and amazingly athletic - shows and all the boys seemingly having a really fun time. Absolutely packed with loads of Thais at the weekends.
The Barbiery was my favorite for the shows, especially the body painting shows that they used to do a lot more of back then. The Midnight Cowboy up in the Saphan Kwai had the shows that were the most fun. I recall a few places in the Saphan Kwai used to have photo albums you would look at when you entered to pick the boy. There were a few where they would line the boys up right in front of you for you to select from. The Coffee Boy in Chiang Mai would select one for you...sometimes that worked, sometimes it didn't. I kept journals of my earlier trips, I still have them around here somewhere.

Surfcrest

aot871
September 29th, 2015, 16:45
I think of the caf├й royale when ian Read owned it, Come midnight ,/ 1pm , toi used to start singing , and the bar would fill up with mainly the over 25 yr old boys , some nights u could not even move ,the bar was full to overflowing , and it would stay thas way until at least 3pm

newalaan2
September 29th, 2015, 22:38
The 2 I miss the most from the good old days are Moonlight Gogo (on Pattayland Soi 3 & Second Road), and the original StarBoysBoys (across Second Road on Soi Toyota). Gentlemen's Club is a close third. I also miss Hollywood Disco and Butterfly Karaoke on Soi Day Night with a passion.
It's difficult to pick a 'one only', all the above mentioned by Dodger were regular hangouts back in the day. Moonlight gogo was the first bar I went into in pattaya as I started from 'the map' at soi 1, bar one.......first bar from 2nd Rd and worked my way along soi 1, soi 2 pattayaland through to boyztown by the time the week was up.

Gentlemen's Club was always a favourite, it always had bad press due to the owners preference for certain kinds of boys, but I got on great with Tum the mamasan who despite a usually unsmiling face and solemn exterior, was in fact a very knowledgeable, funny, witty, helpful guy who introduced me to many stunning guys not working in the bars but who went to clubs or maybe worked in karaokes and music pubs. He often took me around late night venues in his own time after work. Having him as a guest at your table guaranteed many cute guys visiting. I always sat in the large seat/table just as you come in the door at Gentlemen's as it had a nice view of the soi through the floor-to-ceiling glass window, never sat near the bar. A lot of man-boy types came and went there as well as the femme/gay types as these were the mamasan's preferred types, the Petchabun man-boys contingent early 2000's were a great bunch, both in the bar but especially at the pubs, clubs and late night venues such as Seventh Hole and Disco Duck.

I have changed just as has the scene in Pattaya bars have and while I really loved and revelled in those mad, wild early years, my more recent less-wild Pattaya visits with my bf are every bit as enjoyable now in their way as those early days. I like the fact I got to enjoy those early 2000's times but still now look forward to a visit every bit as much as I did back then.

egel
September 30th, 2015, 03:57
Wow Scotty... well thanks for that pic. I'm in it, not on my knees though!
I'd forgotten what a terrible old shirt I used to wear!
E.

colmx
September 30th, 2015, 05:12
Moonlight gogo was the first bar I went into in pattaya as I started from 'the map' at soi 1, bar one.......first bar from 2nd Rd and worked my way along soi 1, soi 2 pattayaland through to boyztown by the time the week was up.

New Moonlight House was a bit bizarre for me! I remember the first time i was there and they were playing "puff the magic dragon", very difficult for a boy to dance to that knd of music unless they are stoned!
The first pattaya bar I ever visited was Jolly Boys in 2001, It later became "Blue House massage by Jolly boys" and eventually just Blue House... I left Jolly boys and took 2 lefts - trying to find Sunee plaza, eventually gave up when i ended up on (what i now know) as 3rd road. At that time 3rd road was almost completely countryside! It was a long trek back to the Ambiance hotel for a quick shower and on to BBB till 2 AM before heading to Cafe Royale until 4 AM

For the Newbies: Back in the early 2000s there was a 4th Gay area in Pattaya, centered around the Soi Day night Area
At one stage there was Jolly Boys, Boys Studio (huge 3 shophouse bar in what is now Mosaik), Funny Boys 1, Butterfly agogo, Leks Bar (later became Day Night Disco, then The Birdcage and now part of New Day night hotel) and Neptune Gogo.
[attachment=0:36ddavhl]studgrp_main.jpg[/attachment:36ddavhl]
And of course one street over was the huge Holywood Night club which was filled with bar boys from 1am-4am each night

[ Tum the mamasan who despite a usually unsmiling face and solemn exterior, was in fact a very knowledgeable, funny, witty, helpful guy who introduced me to many stunning guys .
I had forgotten about that him! Do you know where he ever disappearred to?

late night venues such as Seventh Hole and Disco Duck.
I remember Disco Duck, was Seventh Hole the late night club that was in the "square" at the market place on Soi Buakow? YOu had to pass through some really heavy curtains to get in past the door

bucknaway
September 30th, 2015, 05:56

[attachment=0:csx8xw8r]ForBucky.jpg[/attachment:csx8xw8r]

Ah, the memories.... now post a pic of the guys in their chicken costume hehehe.

Bruce.... trying to explain the nostalgia of the shows that made unsuspecting audience members a part of the act would be like trying to explain the color blue to a person blind since birth.... or trying to explain a delicious meal over the phone using sign language.... we could try, but you just would not understand.

oldfarang
September 30th, 2015, 10:15
As mentioned, it is not about the bars coming back. Probably more about if I knew than what I know now.

Could've, would've, should've

We all have regrets and our mistakes and most elder guys, I think, look back on life (Thailand Life in this case), with a WHAT IF ... ?
Some found and still are together. I was lucky for 7 years (see my first post (http://sawatdeenetwork.com/forum/goodmorning-you-all-t32900.html)).
If I could turn back time,maybe he could have gone shopping an hour earlier or later and now still be with me.

Maybe, if for 20+ years I wasn't such a holiday butterfly, I would have met somebody and still be happy together.

I love (well like, not every day) a good drink (few times a month), but sometimes drinking sucks, too many memories.

Doug
October 1st, 2015, 09:20
Anyone remember Sky Bar located half way up the hill on the road from Pattaya to Jomtien. It was on the roof of the Mr. Mac Hotel and was two thirds enclosed with air con and on third roof patio. You had to climb 4 flights of stairs but the amusing signs on the way up helped. It opened around 3 pm. so it was a nice stop on the way back from the beach. The cold towels and warm welcoming boy made the climb worthwhile. It had a snooker table which I used to entice my Thai friends to join me. Friday evening the owner did up an all you can eat BBq for Bt150. It had a small stage where later in the evening - if so inclined - the boys would do some sexy gogo. It was low keyed, relaxing and a great place to meet boys a farangs in a casual atmosphere.

francois
October 1st, 2015, 11:45
Tum the mamasan who despite a usually unsmiling face and solemn exterior, was in fact a very knowledgeable, funny, witty, helpful guy who introduced me to many stunning guys .
I had forgotten about that him! Do you know where he ever disappearred to?

Tum died.

bruce_nyc
October 2nd, 2015, 10:19
This thread is informative and fun and nostalgic..... but at the same time, very sad.

What would it take for Pattaya to be that much fun again....?

bobsaigon2
October 2nd, 2015, 11:05
Pattaya, Bangkok, Phuket -- none of them is going to be what they once were.

Heraclitus: "Ever-newer waters flow on those who step into the same rivers." Everything changes and nothing remains still.

Remember those traditional questions we got from the Thai guys, even as recently as 15 years ago? "Where you stay?" "Where you from?" "You have Thai boyfriend?" All aimed at judging your financial status and likelihood that you might be a long term, long distance source of income. The only question I hear these days, if any, might be "Where you from?" They are no longer interested in long time. They are now focused on making the short time encounter as brief as possible, hopefully without the need to lose more than a few drops of their bodily fluids, and getting back on stage to attract another customer. Any element of involvement or romance will have to be provided by the customer. Generalizing of course, but haven't seen much different recently. Those of you who are fit and below the half century mark, are possibly having more rewarding encounters.

Oliver
October 2nd, 2015, 14:42
True; but we have changed too. Pattaya was liberating for me in 1995, having lived in the closet all my life. I recall meeting other falangs who felt the same. One was in his late 70s, recently widowed, who felt able to "express his sexuality", as we used to say, now that his wife had died. It was Pattaya that gave him his swan-song.

loke
October 3rd, 2015, 03:23
Krazy Dragon, my first off was from that place. And I liked the atmosphere before it changed into something else.

latintopxxx
October 6th, 2015, 02:05
never really enjoyed krazy dragon much, somehow they never quite got the vibe right. Think I had one or two good nights there but that was it.