PDA

View Full Version : You all know this anyway but....

arsenal
September 25th, 2015, 12:38
http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-34346620

bruce_nyc
September 25th, 2015, 15:48
I didn't know about this. Thanks for posting it.

BOY69
September 25th, 2015, 17:33
Unfortunately I heard many similar horror stories
NEVER NEVER NEVER buy any property in Thailand
only rent one if you need.

thaiguest
September 25th, 2015, 21:34
I think that the straights get screwed more than the gays pro rata.

The women use the kids a hostages when it fits the bill but as in an infamous case in Bangkok a few years ago the wife and grandmother threw the falang AND the 'lugh khung' out on the street though the child was their own flesh and blood. (That farang also protested outside police stations in Bkk).

I do know of a case in Chiang Mai involving an Australian retiree and his boyfriend.

The aussie sold up everything at home (profitable business and house) and put all of it into a happy everafter home/restaurant/pappa-mamma chalet construction registered in the boy's name. He made a brief trip back home to tidy up a few things and returned in great excitement to his dream life in Chiang Mai.

He was greeted at the door by the boy and numerous male cousins who asked who he was and why had he knocked on the door.

He's now in subsidised housing in Australia surviving on a small state pension.

But no doubt it will happen again and again.

latintopxxx
September 26th, 2015, 05:59
cant help feeling sorry for these guys, especially if they have actually committed to marrying and having children...wonder where the kind smiling buddhist karma stuff has disappeared to??

bruce_nyc
September 26th, 2015, 10:08
I think an informational pamphlet detailing all these horror stories, with advice to NEVER NEVER NEVER buy..... only rent.... should be handed to every farang as they arrive at BKK, Chiang Mai, and Phuket airports.

Personally..... I think this educational pamphlet is needed *more* than a safe sex pamphlet by now.

oldfarang
September 26th, 2015, 14:21
but my boy/girl is different. He/she would never steal from me.

The main problem in Thailand is and always has been, the law is almost never on the side of the farang, especially when money/property is involved.

That is why I never bought anything while I still regular holidayed here and now I live here also just rent.

Dodger
September 26th, 2015, 15:41
I purchased a condo in Bang Saray 1-1/2 years ago which is in my name, and my name only. I could have purchased a similar unit for less money under one of those "Thai Company" contracts, but opted to avoid this. The boy I was partnering with at the time seemed to lose interest in our blooming relationship after telling me repeatedly, that it would be much better if I just sold the condo so we could use the money to expand his mothers house - where we could then live happily ever after. I told him that that would never happen. He finally realized that I was serious and decided to head out and find another farang to invest in his future.

Ironically, there was a str8 farang in the process of building a new home right across the soi from his mothers home for a Thai girl he was engaged to marry. The new house was conveniently located directly next to a small dwelling where her Thai husband and 2 children resided.

Dalewood
September 26th, 2015, 15:45
I apologize for the lack of a link, but I think I saw something (on Youtube?) about farang being literally homeless due to these types of swindles. I am unsure what happened to their state pensions. This is a couple of years old.

Here it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4dcii_fnp4

thaiguest
September 26th, 2015, 22:24
The charity spokesman gives a damning breakdown of the foreigner homeless statistic; 50%-60% cheated by THAI WIVES or their families, 30% by THAI BUSINESS PARTNERS and the remainder other circumstances.

Yep that's probably about right.

What chance did the guys in the O P's video have when their WIVES were also their BUSINESS PARTNERS?

Zero.