PDA

View Full Version : Shanghai Warning.

Surfcrest
September 11th, 2015, 19:15
Shanghai Warning.

Recently back from a trip to Shanghai. Please be aware that any massage offered to you on the street will almost certainly lead to a robbery. It sounds like common sense I know but you're feeling horny and the boy is beautiful. This wasn't some back alley in the middle of the night. It was in the afternoon just meters away from the main shopping street, Nanjing Street. My water was drugged, the boy disappeared and was replaced by four unpleasant well built Chinese guys. I paid 1300 rmb which was all the cash I had on me and was allowed to leave.
As an appendage. From that point on whenever I was approached by someone offering massage if I said no, no, no then they followed me down the street but if I said
"It's not a massage, it's a robbery"." they left immediately. This is well organised and I have no doubt the police are well aware of this. No Chinese were ever approached.

The above mentioned post was posted anonymously on behalf of one of our esteemed members.

Surfcrest

firecat69
September 11th, 2015, 22:57
Exactly why Communist China is off my Radar. I won't even change planes there.

Too many good places to visit!

bruce_nyc
September 12th, 2015, 08:11
I thought communism at least brought law and order on the street. Apparently not.

Nirish guy
September 12th, 2015, 12:33
Bad news :-(. And thanks fir the warning - but why posted anonymously I wondered?

Are people really worried about their "image" here that much that they're ashamed to put their heads above the parapet if they become victim of some crime here - if so that's quite sad when there's such a small group of us here - or perhaps there's some other practical reason that I'm missing ??

Dalewood
September 15th, 2015, 18:39
Shanghai Warning.

Recently back from a trip to Shanghai. Please be aware that any massage offered to you on the street will almost certainly lead to a robbery. It sounds like common sense I know but you're feeling horny and the boy is beautiful. This wasn't some back alley in the middle of the night. It was in the afternoon just meters away from the main shopping street, Nanjing Street. My water was drugged, the boy disappeared and was replaced by four unpleasant well built Chinese guys. I paid 1300 rmb which was all the cash I had on me and was allowed to leave.
As an appendage. From that point on whenever I was approached by someone offering massage if I said no, no, no then they followed me down the street but if I said
"It's not a massage, it's a robbery"." they left immediately. This is well organised and I have no doubt the police are well aware of this. No Chinese were ever approached.

The above mentioned post was posted anonymously on behalf of one of our esteemed members.

Surfcrest
I hate to joke about such a serious incident, but "as an appendage" :) :)

September 16th, 2015, 15:10
I hate to joke about such a serious incident, but "as an appendage" :) :)It was a Big Swinging Dick

goji
September 17th, 2015, 01:38
Well if that's how things are, it's pretty unfortunate.
I'm thinking of spending some quite long holidays in that country sometime in the future and if it's not safe to even take a massage, there's not going to be much fun had in the evenings.

fountainhall
September 17th, 2015, 15:07
I have made around 40 plus visits to China and only once had a problem with entertainment. That was my fault as I went to a park in Beijing which is clearly identified on all gay sites as being AYOR. If you make arrangements on some of the websites like jack'd and fridae, you can meet some amazing guys - and never a mention of even a bus or underground fare.

Smiles
September 18th, 2015, 08:35
I have made around 40 plus visits to China and only once had a problem with entertainment. That was my fault as I went to a park in Beijing which is clearly identified on all gay sites as being AYOR. If you make arrangements on some of the websites like jack'd and fridae, you can meet some amazing guys - and never a mention of even a bus or underground fare.
Good god man, why stop there? Details kiddo details. (Please).

svyturys
December 24th, 2015, 14:14
Exactly why Communist China is off my Radar. I won't even change planes there.

Too many good places to visit!

I have read about this scam on Utopia. I think there is a sauna in Guangzhou or Shenzhen where this is happening. Clearly, it is more widespread, but I don't think it's a major issue. Just do some research first, make local contacts and ask for advice. Same rules apply everywhere in the world.
To those that think China is a horrible communist country, I would first suggest to look at the population - 1.4 bn. Just think how much talent is there. Yes, it is a more difficult country to a typical sex tourist in Thailand for whom even going to Vietnam is like going to the moon, but, I'm sure, is extremely rewarding provided you know what you are doing.
I'm yet to visit China, although I have shagged lots of Chinese guys here in London. And, I must say, Chinese are probably the best looking Asians. In fact, when I was in Thailand this summer, I noticed that BKK guys are much more handsome than elsewhere in the country. The reason is quite obvious - people in Bangkok are mixed due to mass migration of Chinese to this city in 19 century.

Surfcrest
December 25th, 2015, 03:52
And, I must say, Chinese are probably the best looking Asians. In fact, when I was in Thailand this summer, I noticed that BKK guys are much more handsome than elsewhere in the country. The reason is quite obvious - people in Bangkok are mixed due to mass migration of Chinese to this city in 19 century.
While I tend to agree with you, lumping all of the Chinese together might be a bit of a generalization. I've traveled extensively through Asia and Vancouver where I live is over 60% Asian. I can tell someone from Taiwan, someone from Hong Kong and someone from mainland China apart. Even in China, because of it's size and history, people look different from Province to Province. The Taiwanese friends that I have here tend to think Taiwan is made up of the purest of Chinese blood based on it's history. Similarly so, the Cantonese of the south look similar between Guangzhou and Hong Kong, but there's subtle differences. Once they are dressed up, they all really separate from each other...especially how they behave.

I've also noticed how well some Asians age, compared to others. Many are able to keep their youthful looks into their thirties and forties, while others start to age hard in their late twenties. My partner is from Hong Kong and is in his mid forties and looks amazing. A neighbour of mine who I swim with once a week is also from Hong Kong, is in his early sixties and still looks pretty handsome (even with the grey hair) and his sexy little body.

As for the Thia's, I'm not sure I agree that they are better looking because of their Chinese blood. Most of the boys I see at the gym in Bangkok, none of whom appear to be barboys all have what I've come to know as a Thai look. As the Thai economy improves, I've seem more of the same looking young Thai men with money traveling around the world...both in places I've traveled to and here in Vancouver, a popular stop for Thai's. It's a wonderful thing when I have time to stop in at the bathhouse and find a few Thai's visiting.

Surfcrest

Dboy
January 5th, 2016, 14:20
I spent a month in China during 2015 (cutting back on Thailand lately). While I agree that one should be careful there, that's true of anywhere. China is a great place to visit and I highly recommend it. Vietnam also has a lot to offer.

arsenal
January 9th, 2016, 08:51
Chinese boys are indeed extremely beautiful. However they age very badly and down below the majority are small to the point of miniscule.

arsenal
March 22nd, 2016, 22:19
blued.com is the most widely used dating app in China.

fountainhall
March 24th, 2016, 12:05
Good god man, why stop there? Details kiddo details. (Please).
Only just read back on this thread! Details? Quite simple. On previous visits I had been to bars and clubs in Beijing and taken a fair number of guys back to my hotel. On this day there were a lot of guys sitting around in the park and wandering in the catacomb-like area at one end. It was obvious most were money boys or their customers. I decided not to bother and walked back to the main street.

I was soon followed by a very cute smallish guy whom I had not seen in the park. Eventually he caught up and asked if he could chat. Well, soon he asked if he could come back to the hotel. I had never paid for sex in China before and assumed he would be some sort of money boy. But I stupidly did not talk about money. Thankfully I was in the city with a major client and we were staying at the International Hotel (now the St. Regis). Sex was basic at best, little fun or enjoyment and I began to wonder if he was in fact a money boy. He then asked for RMB2,500. At that time, this was equivalent to about US$300, vastly more than I was prepared to offer. I think I offered around $80 which was all I had in my pockets. He refused. I know he would never cause a scene in a 5-star hotel as this would lead to him being arrested. And I knew he has no offensive weapon in his clothes as I had moved them from the bed to the armchair as he showered. When he aid he would not leave, I said I'd call security. Soon I picked up the phone and asked to be put through to security. He was out of the door in a flash!

But I agree entirely with Surfcrest's OP. I have been back in many cities in China many cities since then. Never pick up anyone on the street - for massage, sex, as a tout to take you to a bar, nothing. He might be one of the itinerant labourers who flock into the cities from the countryside, have heard how to fleece foreigners and be working with a gang of guys who may also turn up at your hotel - unless it requires keys to use the lifts. It's just to worth the risk. On the other hand, there are regulated more or less gay massage places in the main cities and I've had a couple of really gorgeous guys. You can also easily meet some great guys just by using gay romeo, jack'd, hornet and other sites. Out of quite a few dozen, I was disappointed just twice - and none of these guys wanted even a subway fare.

Chinese boys are indeed extremely beautiful . . . down below the majority are small to the point of miniscule.
Agree with the first (although I believe those from Taiwan are the most beautiful), you clearly had a bad experience with the latter comment. I can't say they are especially well endowed on average, but I've enjoyed a couple of 8 inchers and a few in the 6 and 7 bracket!

fountainhall
March 24th, 2016, 12:17
I can tell someone from Taiwan, someone from Hong Kong and someone from mainland China apart.
After living in the region for 37 years, I certainly find it hard to make those judgements. There is such a visual variety in mainland China - from very smooth slim guys to hairier, thicker-set guys. As for Hong Kong, 20 years there and I couldn't tell a Hong Konger from a Singaporean or a Taiwanese - unless I heard him speak. Cantonese is such an ugly dialect!! Mind you, if you use spoken dialects in your determination, I'd probably be a lot better!

Also, as far as Taiwan is concerned, there are major differences between the indigenous islanders who have lived there for centuries and two sets of Chinese immigrants - the descendants of the early Qing Dynasty conquerors and those of the roughly 2.3 million nationalists who followed Chiang Kai Shek to the island in 1949. Put an example of three into a line-up and I doubt if I could get more than one correct!!

arsenal
April 8th, 2016, 17:46
My experience of sex with Chinese boys hits both ends of the spectrum. Some of it has been great while on one occasion the guy came before he was even undressed (but then I am a bit of a looker so...) They are, however absolutely lovely to sleep with being firm bodies with smooth skin and very loving dispositions. So the moral of this tale is, have sex with Thai guys and sleep with Chinese ones.

latintopxxx
April 10th, 2016, 04:04
what a silly set of generalisations, as if the whole chinese tribe if 1,4 billion stretched across several time zones can be distilled into one characteristic.

arsenal
June 10th, 2016, 10:41
Booking a gay money boy on blued.com is very simple,

erablenuit
September 11th, 2016, 13:40
anything is possible in a big city like Shanghai. But most Chinese you meet won't even let you pay for a coffee.

fountainhall
September 12th, 2016, 14:29
Smiles - sorry this is a year late! The park is Dongdan Park about 3 blocks east of Tiananmen Square and then turn south. It's a smallish park right there almost at the intersection.

As for the comment in the OP, I have written several times both here and in gaythailand about the dangers of picking anyone up off the street in China. It is not just AYOR. It is downright dangerous. Millions of guys from the countryside flood into China's main cities in the hope of finding work. Many end up with casual day jobs. Others are less lucky. Scamming tourists has become one way to make a living, and scamming gay tourists to make a better living! That cute guy who offers a massage in your hotel room or a couple of hours of sexual delight will almost certainly be rent of some description, and dangerous rent at that. Once at the so-called massage parlous or even your hotel room, you are at great risk of some of the guy's friends turning up and threatening you in all manner of ways. I made my mistake and was lucky I was in a 5-star hotel with very good security and got away very lightly. I've been back in China dozens of times since then, love my trips and I've enjoyed some fantastic times with quite a few great guys. But no-one should ever - EVER - trust anyone they happen to bump into on the street in China. Why the person mentioned in the OP did not do just a little more research re a country he had not visited before totally beats me!

arsenal
September 20th, 2016, 23:05
The Chinese boys I have met on blued.com have all been lovely.

fountainhall
September 21st, 2016, 13:16
And those I have met - mostly on gay romeo - have all been great, with just one exception. He turned out to be a visiting Chinese from LAX just hooking up his family! Why he was a dud I still haven't worked out!

arsenal
November 8th, 2016, 08:40
My experience of Chinese money boys has overall been very disappointing.

goji
November 9th, 2016, 02:38
My experience of Chinese money boys has overall been very disappointing. Reading post #22, presumably none of them were via Blued.com ?

latintopxxx
November 9th, 2016, 05:43
..another con is where a nice looking Chinese couple will approach a loan tourist (male/female) and invite then to join for a cup of traditional chinese tea so they can converse and practice their English. All very nice and innocent sounding...after all its a cup of tea in a tea shop on a busy street...all looking very legit. Only after the 45 min tea ceremony and chat about everything and nothing ...then a whopping bill appears...the friendly chinese couple smile and instantly pay their half...and leave...and u the dumb tourist are faced with paying their portion the equivalent of anything up to USD 200 ....great!!
see a447/arsenal/scotty....no mention of riding em like a pony while smacking their tight as a drum butts...

a447
November 9th, 2016, 07:36
Golly gosh, Latin, I've never heard that one before. Gee, thanks. I'm sure the membership here will be most grateful to you for ferreting out that one.

Any other unusual scams you can tell us about?

And how about wandering around alone at night in dangerous areas of the city?

Lol

latintopxxx
November 9th, 2016, 13:05
I never felt in danger wandering around in Shanghai...but then I did stick to the former french concession and the bund area. Most of the chinese in shanghai are actually real nice and polite to westerners.

arsenal
November 9th, 2016, 20:11
Goji: No I met them all on blued.com. The non mbs have been pleasant although some of them are rather shy. The mbs only number 4 and 1 was ok but the other 3 were on the fat side.

Peter803
January 16th, 2017, 20:41
Since money for sex is illegal and police raids are common in China, extra caution should be exercised when hunting for paid sex. Getting offers from strangers in the streets is probably a no-no in most places. Other than that, the whole East Asia area is the safest place for travelers.

arsenal
May 19th, 2017, 10:55
A gay Chinese movie.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJQnLEeSYhY&spfreload=10