View Full Version : Trip Report - Pattaya September 2015

BearlyThere
September 5th, 2015, 15:07
This is my first attempt at keeping a record of my travels. I have read others trip reports and always enjoyed them, so I thought I would give it a shot myself.

Day One

I arrive in BKK at 12:30am. I had read many suggestions on setting up a pre-arranged taxi to Pattaya, so I contacted Nam of NamтАЩs Taxi Service and scheduled a driver to pick me up and take me away to Pattaya. My driver was waiting for me at the designated meeting point with a complimentary bottle of water and warm greeting. Her name was Ann and she was very friendly, although she did not have the best English skills. The few times we attempted to talk, we both ended up kind of looking at each other quizzically while trying to figure out what the other meant. Either way, she was very nice and I enjoyed her as a driver. One question thoughтАжwhile driving to Pattaya I told Ann she could turn on the radio to listen to some music instead of the dead silence in the car. Ann turned on the radio but there were no radio stations? She would hit the seek button and no stations would come upтАж Do radio stations just stop broadcasting after a certain time of night in Thailand?

We arrive at Le Caf├й Royale around 2:30am. Another warm greeting and I am on my way to my room. I had booked a room for a few nights through Agoda with the plan of seeking out other hotels once in town to find a comfortable place. I had picked Le Caf├й Royale as it is in the heart of Boyztown. I wanted to make sure I was close to the nightlife and would not spend a lot of time worrying and wandering around Pattaya trying to find my way around. Once I got to my room, I immediately knew I had sacrificed comfort for proximity. The window is broken, does not close properly. In addition, the room looks worn and the bed is like sleeping on bricks. IтАЩm not sure if firm beds are the rage in Asia, but I am a fan of soft, cushiony, wanting to feel like IтАЩm sleeping on a giant pillow type beds. After being up and travelling for over 30 hours, I was not happy to sleep in the bed. Resigned to accept the fact that I would be staying here until my Agoda reservation was up, I attempted to get some sleep with plans of going out that evening to the Go-GoтАЩs.

I end up sleeping in 3 тАУ 4 hour shifts, waking to adjust my position as my body is not used to such a firm bed. I am so tired and the sleep is not very fulfilling, so I end up sleeping until 6:30pm. When I get up, I shower and dress to get some dinner. I decide to go to Le Caf├й Royale (surprise, surprise!) for dinner and am greeted by a very nice waiter IтАЩll call K. K is happy to get my meal and even happier to suggest he тАЬtake careтАЭ of me during my trip in Pattaya. K is not my type as I enjoy manly men type with muscles. K and I have a conversation back and forth; seeing an opportunity, I ask K if he would like to тАЬtake careтАЭ of me by showing me around the Go-GoтАЩs and finding me a тАЬboyfriendтАЭ. K is happy to come along and has dinner with me while we wait to start our trip.

The first Go-Go we go to is Funnyboys. It is smaller than I expected and really intimidating. I am the only one in there! All the boys are on stage, looking at me, and K is helpfully pointing out guys he thinks I would like. I let K know that even though I may want a manly man, I also want a bottom. I end up calling over a boy from the stage who is very cute, his name is A. A is cute, but I quickly realize I forgot to tell K I wanted one more important thing тАУ someone who can speak English. A apologizes and says he is still studying English. A and I share a drink and we all three talk, with K as a translator. It is fun and after about an hour I tell K I am ready to go. I tip A a few baht and we head out to the next Go-Go.

K tells me we should go by Boyz Boyz Boyz as they have the men I like, he says this while making exaggerated bicep muscle gestures. I laugh and agree, I do like that! Boyz Boyz Boyz is much more comfortable; it is a bigger venue with more customers and more boys. Immediately I see 4 or 5 guys that I would love to spend the night with, one in particular has a very cute smile and although he is not muscular, he is very cute. The guys rotate through the stage and I keep watching. Eventually, I get up to take a piss and on my way back to my seat, run right into the boy I was admiring on stage. I tell him he has a cute smile and I would like to sit with him. His name is T. T and I go to sit down. T starts to get the idea that K is there for a threesome. I laugh; тАЬNo, I do not want a threesome, K is my friend!тАЭ We have a few drinks and get ready for the big show.

After a while, the big cock show begins, and it is an experience. I donтАЩt particularly find it erotic as much as painful looking. Why bang your cock against poles and drums? Why pour wax on your tongue and body? I just didnтАЩt get it, but it was definitely something to see. After the show, K suggests we go dancing at NAB. I am up for it!

We hire a Baht Bus to take us directly to NAB. It is loud and COLD. Actually both Go-GoтАЩs were very cold too. We have a few drinks and K and T sit on the couch and dance occasionally. I cuddle with T and enjoy the atmosphere. At about 2:00am, both K and T are tired so we take a Baht Bus back to the hotel. K and I part ways, K wants to show me around to other Go-GoтАЩs tomorrow and I kind of enjoy the idea of having a friend in a place so foreign to me. I tell K I will see him tomorrow and maybe we can go see more of Boyztown.

T and I make our way back up to my room. As soon as we get into the room I know I made a bad decision; T keeps saying he is tired тАУ too tired to do anything. I tell T I am tired tooтАж but more importantly horny. We shower and start to fool around in bed. I had made it very clear when talking to T that I wanted to top him and was hoping this would go smoothly тАУ it did not. Every time I attempt to fuck T, T becomes an actor. тАЬOoh! Slow! Too big!тАЭ I have to laugh. I tell T, I am small, try to relax. T is not having it. After attempting to have sex for 30 minutes, I take off my condom with audible frustration and tell T тАЬLetтАЩs go to bedтАЭ.

тАЬYou no like me anymore?тАЭ No T, I like you, but I told you I wanted to fuck and thatтАЩs why I picked you. тАЬOk, ok, we fuck tomorrow morning.тАЭ

We both lie on our brick like bed. Lots of tossing and turning and by 6:00am, T is trying to get me hard. I once again attempt to have sex with T and T goes back to the dramatics. In fact, I had to stop myself from laughing because he would start to go тАЬOH! OH!тАЭ before my dick was anywhere near his ass. I give up! I tell T тАЬsamoke meтАЭ. T gives a half-hearted attempt, stopping every minute or so to perform fellatio on me like he was trying to suck juice out of a juice box. It is not pleasant. I tell T he has to go up and down, not just suck. T does not care. I tell T I am done, T keeps trying but I tell him I am tired. T gets up and tells me тАЬI go now?тАЭ тАЬYes, you go nowтАЭ тАУ at least IтАЩll have the brick bed to myself to stretch out and try to sleep. I give T his agreed upon amount, nothing extra as I got the short end of the stick, literally.

T leaves my room happily and wants to see me again. I could understand why he would want to see me again; I bought many drinks and let him do his own thing, I was a very easy customer. I make a promise to myself that next time I go out, I make it very, very, VERY clear what I want to do, and confirm multiple times thatтАЩs what I want to do. I also have to remind myself to tell the guy I choose that if he does not bottom, he gets less than agreed because I am here to fuck (sorry to be vulgar).

Day Two (Morning)

I end up not sleeping much after T leaves. I toss and turn trying to find a comfortable spot. At 9:00am, I decide IтАЩve had enough and go downstairs to see if I can upgrade my room to something more comfortable. Reception gives me some bad news; тАЬAll beds sameтАЭ. I was really hoping they were saving the comfortable beds for the nicer roomsтАж

I go back to my room to find a place to have breakfast. I search TripAdvisor and find a place IтАЩd like to try: The Coffee Club. It is very near me, at least on the map. I decide I would love to have something American for breakfast. I shower and get dressed. Once outside, I attempt to find The Coffee Club. I end up going around the block 2.5x before I give up on finding it. It looks like it should be thereтАж but I cannot find it! I do not want to try to find someone who knows where it is, so I settle on a place on Beach Road near Walking Street called The Kitchen. I have an American breakfast with 2 American coffeeтАЩs and enjoy the scenery. I read my news on my mobile and enjoy no Aircon. An aside about Aircon тАУ Americans are in love with it, so much so that it is unhealthy. I have to admit I love it too; when I go to bed, I love to crank up the air so I can sleep bundled up under the covers. I am happy when my body acclimates to the hotter weather and a nice breeze goes through the open air restaurant.

I end up leaving around 11:30am and walk leisurely back to Le Caf├й Royale. I consider getting a foot massage, but I want a GOOD one, and I am hoping to search some places soon! On that note, please give me a recommendation if you know of one near the Boyztown area that I would (probably) not get lost trying to find. I end up going back to my room and decide to try to take another nap to prepare for this eveningтАЩs festivities.

latintopxxx
September 5th, 2015, 15:20
oh good Lord, don't u just hate those lying conniving money boys...thats why I boot them out within 10 minutes if they aren't gonna perform and I certainly don't pay the agreed amount as he didn't hold up his side of the bargain...in fact I throw a mini tantrum (not a pretty sight) and let him know in no uncertain terms how unhappy I am.
Now where's all the haters who reckon that money boys r being exploited...??

firecat69
September 5th, 2015, 20:13
Good first report. Keep them coming.

Latin I doubt there are any real Haters of you but certainly not because you kick someone out who does not do what promised.(I have done that although it happens rarely) Many including me don't like that you will take full advantage of a desperate boy and pay him as little as possible even if below what most consider the minimum.

a447
September 5th, 2015, 21:00
Nice report, BT.

You'll be hard-pressed to find a bottom in Boyzboyzboyz. Only a few look gay and probably bottom, but I didn't find them attractive.

Ah, the age-old question: how much do you tip when a guy refuses to perform? It can be a tricky situation. The common sense approach would be to reduce the agreed tip accordingly. But I must admit that I havent always done that, preferring to just put it down to experience and move on. The last time I reduced the tip was earlier on this year when I was very dissatisfied with a Vietnamese guy I had offed from Freshboys in Soi Twilight.

You soon learn that what the guys 'promise" to do when in the bar sometimes doesn't materialise back in the room.

It could be construed as a case of the guys exploiting us. They can spot a horny farang a mile away.

Jellybean
September 5th, 2015, 21:45
Great first report BearlyThere, which I thoroughly enjoyed reading. I do find it interesting to read a newcomerтАЩs first time experiences of visiting the Thai gay, commercial, scene.

I was however sorry to read that your bed, at Le Caf├й Royale (LCR), and your first тАШboyтАЩ were not up to your expectations. IтАЩve stayed at LCR many times and donтАЩt recall problems with their beds, but on my most recent visit to Pattaya, in February 2015, I stayed at the Ambiance Hotel, just across the soi from LCR. I had no problems with the bed, although I canтАЩt say the same about my room, which was on the first floor, almost above the go-go bar, BoyzBoyzBoyz. I found it very noisy, especially when the show was on. I almost had, what I would describe as, a bit of an Oliver moment. Sorry, Oliver, but I did think of you at the time. Lol!

The very helpful reception staff and management had already moved me because the air-con wasnтАЩt working in my first allocated room. And, having unpacked and packed once, I didnтАЩt fancy asking for another move. As I was only stopping there three nights, I gritted my teeth and stayed put. When I couldnтАЩt sleep I went down to watch the show in BBB, so it wasnтАЩt a great hardship. I shall however ask for a room on a higher floor the next time I stay there. Perhaps BearlyThere, you might consider having a look at the Ambiance and checking out the quality of their beds and seeking out a room on a higher floor before committing yourself to move out of LCR.

With regard to your choice of тАШboyтАЩ, well, even an experienced old hand like me sometimes ends up with a guy who doesnтАЩt do what I thought was agreed when we chatted in the bar. Happily, it doesnтАЩt happen that often and, as IтАЩm not the type to throw a hissy fit and make a great scene, I usually just chalk it up to experience and make a mental note not to take out the go-go boy again. IтАЩve read other members report that they go into a great deal of detail on what they expect. I suppose that way has great advantages and should avoid disappointment back in the room, especially if you stipulate there would be financial consequences if they fail to live up to what was agreed. ThatтАЩs not my way, I prefer to explain my requirements to the mamasan and seek an acknowledgment from the тАШboyтАЩ that he understands. ThereтАЩs still a bit of the old romantic in me which doesnтАЩt want to spoil the magic by talking too much about the mechanics of what is expected in the bedroom. And sometimes, although it may not go 100% as planned, but there is a good chemistry between me and the money boy, it can be worthwhile to stick with him and when you get to know him, he can turn into a real keeper.

Anyway, I hope you had better luck with your second rendezvous. ;)

TravellerDave
September 5th, 2015, 23:28
Jellybean

I intend to check into the Ambiance tomorrow maybe late afternoon. As you can see my name is Dave. Perhaps meet up for a drink and a chat about the Pattaya scene ?. Ask for me and perhaps leave a message ?.
I dont know how long I will stay there. I know the late night noise can be a problem from previous experiences. What was the noise like at the Cafe Royal ?.

Mancs
September 6th, 2015, 04:21
Re massage, if you walk from Boystown on to second road and turn right there are a couple of massage shops across the road on the left with male workers outside. I found those ok.

BearlyThere
September 6th, 2015, 07:22
oh good Lord, don't u just hate those lying conniving money boys...

I definitely wasnтАЩt happy but there was no reason to get too upset. I figure that everything here is so much less expensive than home that losing ~$30 to $60USD isnтАЩt that hard of a hit. Now if I was $200 to $300USD for an encounter, like in the metro U.S., I wouldnтАЩt have taken it well at all.

Ah, the age-old question: how much do you tip when a guy refuses to perform? It can be a tricky situation. The common sense approach would be to reduce the agreed tip accordingly. But I must admit that I havent always done that, preferring to just put it down to experience and move on.
Yeah, I chalked it up to experience. No reason to make a stink about a difference of $15 to $30USD.

I intend to check into the Ambiance tomorrow maybe late afternoon. As you can see my name is Dave. Perhaps meet up for a drink and a chat about the Pattaya scene ?. Ask for me and perhaps leave a message ?.
Hi TravellerDave, IтАЩm going to assume you meant me instead of Jellybean? IтАЩd enjoy meeting for a drink and a chat. IтАЩll message you my details and you can get back to me. In regards to the noise at LCR, even with my broken window that does not seal, the noise is barely audible. I am in the back of the hotel though, so IтАЩm not sure what the rooms are like that face Boyztown proper.

Phred
September 6th, 2015, 08:11
BearlyThere wrote:

I consider getting a foot massage, but I want a GOOD one, and I am hoping to search some places soon! On that note, please give me a recommendation if you know of one near the Boyztown area that I would (probably) not get lost trying to find.

Right across from the entrance to Boystown there are two massage places with nice looking guys outside hawking massages: Supreme Massage and Sea Man Massage. They are legit massage places; no happy endings which is just what I wanted. I just want a good massage from a nice looking guy who knows what he is doing and they are trained in traditional massage. Of my two experiences I much preferred Supreme Massage. They invited me in and first the masseuse washed my feet then led me up to a private room (cabin) with relaxing music and gave me a good one hour traditional massage. His name was Son (rhymes with Ron) and I recommend him. IтАЩm sure he would be good for foot massage too.

I had a decent massage at Sea Man but much less enjoyable. They tried to talk me into more than I wanted at the beginning and then led me to a sort of tent area where two other people were getting massaged so it was a group experience and the masseuses were interacting with each other a lot which didnтАЩt help with the relaxation part. In addition my masseuse tried to sell me more after my massage was over. Not pushy but I didnтАЩt really like the sales pressure.

I recommend you try Supreme Massage. As I say, right on 2nd Rd straight across from Boystown.

Enjoy!

BearlyThere
September 6th, 2015, 08:24
Day Two (Afternoon & Evening)

I tossed and turned trying to take my nap after coming back from my long breakfast. I ended up dozing for a few hours until I decided I should just get up. I didnтАЩt feel much like going out so I thought IтАЩd check out some of my TV shows I follow on Hulu. I tried to log-in only to realize that Hulu will not work outside of the U.S. I probably should have checked on that before I came but it wasnтАЩt that big of a deal to me, although I would have really enjoyed watching the newest episode of Difficult People. I ended up watching some crime documentary on the TV while organizing some work on the computer. Before I knew it, it was already 6:30pm. As soon as I got up from the desk, I had the overwhelming urge to go to bed. I am the type of person that really enjoys sleep and it would be a lie to say it wasnтАЩt really tempting to think about taking a nice hot shower, turning down the aircon and trying to get some sleep again. If I had just gone to bed again, I would have not only missed a Saturday night in Thailand but also royally screwed up my sleeping schedule. The last thing I needed was to get off schedule and start sleeping strange hours. I had to really fight the urge and showered, shaved and prepared to go outside to meet up with K for some more exploration.

Once outside I start to wake up again. I meet up with K and he seems happy to see me. I ask K if he would like to go to dinner with me before we start. K is happy to come along. K wants to know where I want to go, I tell K I am up for anything тАУ surprise me. On our way to dinner, K asks about last night. I make a shrug and say тАЬNot so good.тАЭ K gives me a look of concern but I laugh and say we try again tonight.

K and I arrive at our destination тАУ Central Festival. The mall is huge and really spectacular. It is very busy and IтАЩm really enjoying the modernity. We walk around and make our way up to the restaurant areas. тАЬYou like sushi?тАЭ Eh, Sushi OKтАж not really big on fish. We then end up walking by what seems like an endless assortment of sushi restaurants haha. We eventually make our way up to A Taste of Thailand. I know I should probably be eating from the carts outside as IтАЩve heard some great reviews of the street food, but IтАЩve always enjoyed sit-down restaurants. I order the cashew chicken and K ends up ordering an omelet type meal with pork and shrimp. We eat family style and IтАЩm really enjoying having meal-time company. I can definitely be a loner, but when I travel I tend to be more outgoing and social. I probably ate more than I should have, and K did not help as he kept putting more shrimp, more chicken, more veggies on my plate. I laugh and tell him тАЬNo more! No more!тАЭ We finish up our meal and head back into the mall.

Once I start walking around the mall, the overwhelming urge to sleep starts to come back even stronger. The combination of a few days of unfulfilling sleep and a very full stomach starts to weigh me down. K notices but I assure him I will work through it. We start to walk around the mall and do some window shopping. K enjoys looking at the clothes and electronics; I enjoy the new experiences. K ends up stopping at a belt kiosk. He finds a belt he likes and wants to purchase it, but I tell him it looks like it is too big for him. Little do I realize that they actually adjust the belts at the kiosk. Maybe I am a bit na├пve but I have never seen such a thing. Surely enough, in a few minutes the sales lady gives K back the belt now correctly sized. K starts to pay but I let him know I will take care of it as a gift to a friend. K is very grateful. I think I might as well, as I have no man of my own to indulge for now. We continue walking around the mall and eventually end up in the outside center performance area. A school troop is performing, K lets me know. We stand at the railing and listen to the performance. The music is Isaan-style K says. It is very beautiful and the kids are really talented.

After the performance, K and I decide to walk back to Boyztown via Beach Road. This is my first time on Beach Road, but not the first time I have heard/read about it. It was very busy with a variety of people. We end up walking by a family of rats scampering around an overturned garbage can. I point them out and K makes a joke about BBQing them. People are sitting around the garbage can, eating their food and not batting an eye as the rats run around 3 feet away from them. We keep walking back while I absorb the experience.

K and I end up at our first destination of the night тАУ Cupidol. We go in and again we are the only customers. All the boys face us and I am again feeling really uncomfortable. I really hate the idea of walking out immediately, so we sit down for a drink. тАЬWhat boy you like?тАЭ HmmтАж They are all very small frame and effeminate. I tell K I like none and laugh. K and I sit and drink our drinks. I feel terrible about тАЬrejectingтАЭ all the boys, so I start to do the mental calculation of how much it would cost to buy each boy at least 1 boy drink. After some tallying, I decide against it; too expensive! I kind of feel like IтАЩm stealing by not compensating these guys for pretty much putting themselves completely on display for farang like me. I thought about inviting a boy over just to pick one, but I really did not find any of them attractive. Is it considered rude to not have a boy sit with you when you go to a Go-Go? We quickly finish our drinks and leave.

Next up тАУ Toy Boys. Again I am the only customer. Again all the boys are not my type. Scratch that, there are 1 or 2 my type but they are very clearly NOT gay, which I then assume means they will NOT bottom. Let me know if I am wrong in my assumption. A mamasan (IтАЩm assuming) sits down next to us so I buy him a drink. He comments on how he likes my pale skin and dark arm hair. I tell him I would prefer to be a darker tone/tan. ItтАЩs really interesting how the standards of beauty can vary. We have a nice chat, finish our drinks, and move on.

This time, I tell K we go to Funnyboys. Last night, I noticed a guy there I found attractive and was hoping he might be there. When we enter Funnyboys, I am right! He is there and he is definitely my guy for the night. We have a drink and I talk to mamasan about which boys have good English, which boys would bottom, etc. I am happy to hear the mamasan suggest the guy I was interested in. I invite him to sit down and learn his name is B. B is cute, he has a nice smile, nice thick thighs, manly hairy calves and big feet. He is very nice and we talk for a few before I ask if he would like to come to my room ST. I discuss what I want to do and B is in agreement. B leaves to get dressed and when he returns I find him even more attractive. He asks where I stay and I tell him LCR, we take tuk-tuk to get there, so far! We laugh and head over to my room.

Once in my room, we shower. B wants to give me a massage and I want a massage! B begins rubbing my back, arms, legs, rubbing his body against mine. It is very erotic and when itтАЩs time to flip over, it is apparent I am enjoying the massage. B seizes the moment. The difference between T and B is worlds apart; B wastes no time and really takes care of me. I never have to ask to switch position or move this way or do that. B makes up for such a disappointing night with T last night. B and I relax post-massage and talk. We find out we are the same astrological sign and almost the same age, very cosmic. I ask B if he wants to stay LT but I tell B I am very tired and probably going to bed in 15 тАУ 30 minutes. B thanks me but says he is not tired. I can understand and while a bit disappointed, I tip B with some extra money for тАЬtaxi fareтАЭ to get back to Funnyboys haha.

After B leaves, I shower, lay down and within 15 minutes am sound asleep.

francois
September 6th, 2015, 10:42
Day Two (Afternoon & Evening)

. I feel terrible about тАЬrejectingтАЭ all the boys, so I start to do the mental calculation of how much it would cost to buy each boy at least 1 boy drink. After some tallying, I decide against it; too expensive! I kind of feel like IтАЩm stealing by not compensating these guys for pretty much putting themselves completely on display for farang like me. I thought about inviting a boy over just to pick one, but I really did not find any of them attractive. Is it considered rude to not have a boy sit with you when you go to a Go-Go? an. ItтАЩs really interesting how the standards of beauty can vary. We have a nice chat, finish our drinks, and move on.

Had a similar experience last night at a club in Sunee Plaza; only 6 boys on stage and all staring at me and only one other customer. Decided to make the best of it, handed each one 20 Baht and had a cute one (not Bearly's type) sit with me.
Actually had a good time and he was happy with a good tip from me. On way out slipped another 20 to the "big" boy(Bearly's type) on stage. The other customer sat on his hands.

Oliver
September 6th, 2015, 15:42
Thanks for the journal....an interesting read.
I'm interested in your comments about noise levels at Cafe Royal.There has been some discussion about this on the Gay Thailand forum and Jellybean will be interested to see that I'm not the only visitor who likes to sleep before 0300. Why Cafe Royale and Copa have done away with their outside walls onto Boyztown perplexes me. And the late night karaoke from Cafe Royale -a couple of guys singing to an empty and and nearly-deserted soi at 0300 on our last visit- infuriated even my tolerant boyfriend. It may have been tolerable behind doors.
As for the ups and downs of your offs, it's best to take a relaxed view. In my bar-hopping days, I found it almost impossible to predict the outcome. Oddly enough, the ones I found most attractive and responsive in the bar were often the least successful back at the hotel. But you have a particular problem in that you are seeking a scarce "type"; a straight-looking, muscular guy who is happy to bottom....and speaks good English. Try Planet Romeo.

thaiguest
September 6th, 2015, 17:21
Thanks for thr report BearlyThere.
I see from your experience with the bed, the waiter guide Mr K and the chosen ones Mr T and Mr B you were barely there. And if you continue to buy into the Boyztown experience you'll remain never fully there cos everything about the place is designed to lead you from pillar to post by the nose like a clueless milch cow.
You DON'T NEED A GUIDE in Boyztown or anywhere else for that matter.
There are more suitable "bottoms" per sq yard in Pattaya than any other location in the world; try Grinder, Planet Romeo, etc. Break away and srike out on your own and YES meet up with some of the guys posting here.
Have fun when you get there.

latintopxxx
September 7th, 2015, 06:16
don't be too hard on him, he is a newbie and the experience can be a little overwhelming first time around...especially if you are shy or are used to " western" morals...I on the other hand have no issue walking into a gogo bar, being the only customer...and will take my time to appraise the meat on stage...I see them as something to be used for my pleasure...don't care if they feel slighted or used...its their job...no sugar coating it...they willingly climb onto a stage in skimpy underwear and willingly sell themselves...so lets not pretend.

fedssocr
September 7th, 2015, 07:57
Yes, rock hard beds are popular all over Asia for some reason. It's one of the main reasons why I never went back to Tarntawan hotel after staying there on my first visit.

Smiles
September 7th, 2015, 09:41
Yes, rock hard beds are popular all over Asia ...
I don't know about 'all of Asia' but certainly agree that Thailand in general offers mostly very firm, hard mattresses both in hotels (which one can do little about) and for sale for one's own home.
I too was fairly well acclimated to much softer mattresses in the west and was pretty leery about my comfort when we bought our first one (in Thailand) about 8 years ago.
But now, after about three thousand sleeps, I swear by the firmer mattresses. I have a mildly ~ but permanent ~ gimpy back from a work accident years ago: our 'hard' mattress has pretty well mitigated that problem now and as long as I don't do anything stupid (e.g. a round of golf!) I'm happy to say I'm a big fan of "hard".

dinagam
September 7th, 2015, 14:46
Going by 3-star hotel standards I've been very pleased with the comforts of beddings at the Nantra & Tune groups - good mattresses & pillows. Zing Ganymede at Jomtian is rather firm for mattresses & too soft pillows, which in no way affect bedroom gymnastics.:-) :p

BearlyThere
September 7th, 2015, 17:04
Day Three

I end up waking the next day early. After so many years of waking up early for work, I am unable to sleep in very often and unfortunately that has been compounded by the mattress issues. I spend the next 2 hours reading and watching the news. Eventually I decide I need to stop delaying getting out of bed and get up to shower to prepare for breakfast.

IтАЩm not feeling very adventurous this morning, so I decide to go back to The Kitchen for breakfast. The food is good, staff is friendly and the view of Beach Road makes for interesting people watching. I order an omelet and Thai iced tea. While waiting for breakfast, a couple of tourists speaking Russian come in to the restaurant. They sit at the table next to me and order their breakfast тАУ beer. I finish my omelet and decide to head over and check out Supreme Massage, recommended by Phred.

I go out to 2nd road and start to look for Supreme Massage. At first I am not able to find it, but then I notice their sign actually says тАЬSupreamтАЭ Massage. I realize they are not open at the moment, as it is still too early, so I head back to my room. On my way to my room, I stop at Family Mart and pick up a few essentials for the room. I get back to my room and end up interrupting the housekeeper as she is cleaning my room. I apologize, leave my essentials in the room and decide to go for a walk down Walking Street to see what it is like in the morning.

Walking Street in the morning looks nothing like it does at night. I still havenтАЩt been down Walking Street in the evening, but in preparation for my trip I had seen many pictures and videos. I start to walk down the street enjoying the weather. I have no idea where Walking Street leads to, but I figure I canтАЩt get very lost if I stay on the same street. Once in a while a tout comes up and tries to persuade me to do some sort of tourist activity. Whenever I say no to the tourist activity, they switch to pushing a soapy massage with тАЬbeautiful ladiesтАЭ. ItтАЩs almost like they are attempting to figure out what type of tourist you are and if you donтАЩt want to shoot guns at a gun range or ride an elephant, then you must want to find a sexy Thai girl. I laugh and decide to have some fun. Whenever a tout starts to talk about the soapy massage, I tell the tout тАЬGay, IтАЩm gay.тАЭ Some of the touts just look at me; IтАЩm not sure if itтАЩs because they donтАЩt understand me or if they are caught by surprise. Two of the touts were on their game as they switch to тАЬHave handsome boys.тАЭ

By the time I finish my walk and get back to Supreme/Supream Massage, they have opened. IтАЩm led inside to a main room with a row of reclining chairs and handed 2 menus, one with just massage and one with erotic options. As I am only interested in getting a foot massage, I do not look through the erotic one. I tell reception I would like an hour and a half foot massage. I get a nice masseuse named Y. Y leads me to a reclining chair (which by the way is incredibly soft and comfortable) and starts to wash my feet. While he is washing my feet, a little long-haired Chihuahua comes up to my chair and I cannot resist petting him. Y begins massaging shortly thereafter. The massage is very relaxing. So relaxing that I start to nod off in the middle of the massage. Y has strong hands and easily works out the knots in my feet. I hold a lot of tension in my feet and walking back to LCR I can feel a huge difference.

I end up going back to my room to take a nap. After the great massage I received, I had no problem falling asleep quickly. When I nap, I usually set an alarm as to not over-nap. I had not been using the alarm during this trip as the firm mattress has done a fine job of keeping me from sleeping too long. This time, the combination of the relaxing massage and getting used to the mattress leads me to fall asleep for a lot longer than I should have. I wake up 6 hours later with a killer headache. To make matters worse, my body wanted me to go back to sleep. It takes a lot of will power to get out of bed and shower. The headache does not help and I consider staying in this evening. I think about it for a while before I decide that would be a terrible waste to a night in Pattaya. I get dressed and head downstairs.

When I leave LCR, I see K and ask if K would like to come out with me again this evening. K is happy to go and we both head off to dinner. IтАЩve enjoyed eating at The Kitchen so much that I want to try out their dinner options. At The Kitchen I decide on fish and chips while K picks a Thai dish. The restaurant is fairly busy, all farang but many different kinds: Japanese, European, Indian. While we are eating dinner we discuss our options for the evening. I wasnтАЩt really in the mood to do the Boyztown Go-Go circuit again so I am happy when K suggests we check out Jomtien tonight. I agree that Jomtien sounds like a great idea and we both finish our dinners.

K shows me where to board the Baht Bus to go to Jomtien. We both get on to a packed Baht Bus and away we go. We arrive in Jomtien and walk through the complex. We settle on having a drink at a beer bar KтАЩs friend works at. I enjoy the vantage point as I am at a bar near the end of the complex (I think the bar was тАЬ@ homeтАЭ but I canтАЩt be too sure) and I can see the comings and goings. I also have a great view of the beer bar guys. I invite KтАЩs friend to sit with us and have a drink. I relax, have some beers and am entirely too amused by the parade of vendors walking the street. Their wares range from the mundane, such as food stall vendors, to the inane тАУ who is going to buy giant stuffed animals? Blankets? A pop-up greeting card that seems to have been lost in translation тАУ the front of the card says Happy Birthday, but the pop-up portion just says WEDDING? The beer is working because I start to laugh when I see these vendors come back around for another stroll.

While IтАЩve been getting drunk, IтАЩve also been checking out the guys on the soi. There are two guys IтАЩm digging. They are not my type but I am not the type of person to be restricted by this. I like to keep an open mind. K asks who I like. I show K one of the guys I am interested in and K flags him down to come have a drink. He comes over, I buy him a drink and we chat. Although he is slender/small frame, he is masculine. He has nice dark skin tone, hairy legs, and big feet. He also has a coy smile, a goatee (facial hair is always a plus for me) and a great hairstyle. His name is J. We chat but I donтАЩt want to get into the nitty gritty about what sexual activities he will or wonтАЩt do. I am just enjoying his company. Eventually I ask if he would like to come back to my room and he agrees. There is no discussion of ST or LT or tip. I probably should have, but I figured IтАЩve done my research on average tips for ST or LT from a beer bar and I wasnтАЩt sure if I wanted a ST or LT tonight. His bar fine is 300B. I pay the bill and K, J and I head back to Boyztown.

Once we arrive in Boyztown, New Caf├й Royale is in the middle of their show. It looks like fun, so we 3 duck in to finish watching it. The show is entertaining and IтАЩm still amazed at how beautiful some of these ladyboys are, not to mention that they can dance and twirl in stiletto heels. We have even more drinks and at this point I am starting to veer into the too drunk territory. The show ends but we stick around for karaoke. J scoots closer and holds my hand, softly singing along with the Isaan songs. He has a nice voice and I encourage him to get up and do some karaoke. After a few more drinks, we are the only ones left in the bar. J, K and other staff get into the karaoke mood and I listen to many Thai songs while continuing to drink. Normally I am a generous person, but when I drink I become even more so. I knew it was going to happen at some point in the trip, and it was late, not many staff, so I decided I had to ring the bell. Everyone happy! The mamasan (I think thatтАЩs what K said she was) comes over and thanks me profusely. She then tries to give me another beer. No more I tell her. тАЬIt free!тАЭ So I do the only thing a rational person would do and continue to drinkтАж

J and I eventually make our way up to my room after closing out the bar. We shower and lay in bed, touching and enjoying each other. We fool around, nothing too serious as I am already past the point of drunk. With his shirt off, I can see he has a few tattoos on his back (another big plus for me) and I show him my tattoos. After a while we cuddle together and fall asleep.

thaiguest
September 8th, 2015, 02:05
Happy but hopeless case.
I'm out.

egel
September 8th, 2015, 03:10
BT., make sure you have an evening in Sunnee Plaza. Its only 10 mins walk from your hotel. If your friend K doesn't want to go along, go alone!

bucknaway
September 9th, 2015, 07:28
I was going to make a few suggestions to you but I decided not to. If you're enjoying yourself enduring what you want to do then you do not need my help.

Can't wait for your update.

steveky
September 9th, 2015, 10:00
Loving your trip report Bearly. You have a matter of fact writing style that adds greatly to readability. And well done on getting a local to be your unofficial guide. Great way to go.

bkkmfj2648
September 10th, 2015, 02:25
Hello BearlyThere,

I am truly enjoying your trip report updates...
please keep them coming :ymapplause:
we hope that you are doing well....
please don't be discouraged in case some members here are not nice to you - just ignore them

Thanks,
m. ;)

thaiguest
September 11th, 2015, 03:40
Hello BearlyThere,

I am truly enjoying your trip report updates...
please keep them coming :ymapplause:
we hope that you are doing well....
please don't be discouraged in case some members here are not nice to you - just ignore them

Thanks,
m. ;)

Ignore what?

Some plain honest advice to avoid being dominated, patronised and led by the nose by two-faced Thais can be discounted but should be at least considered.

scottish-guy
September 11th, 2015, 04:25
Calm down Thaiguest - it seems like you might have tension in your feet.

:-s

loke
September 12th, 2015, 04:22
Great reports , but not so much sex so far? But I'm sure you'll get down to the business soon.
Not easy to find a "real man" to bottom here in Pattaya. Luckily I'm into fem boys so I dont have to worry about that .

bruce_nyc
September 12th, 2015, 09:25
I haven't read all of the messages yet.... but I have a few comments....

First, about the beds. I agree with you. Asian mattresses are as hard a rocks. Not much better than trying to sleep on a mat in a bathhouse. Horrible. Bad news is: All the hotels are the same. If you want a quality bed, you're going to have to pay more and stay at a western brand hotel like the Sheraton Resort or the Hilton Pattaya. It depends on my priorities. If I'm there mainly / only for sex.... the location can't be beat to stay in a penthouse room at Ambiance. It's so convenient you can off a boy, finish, and have plenty of time to go off another boy! If I'm there for relaxation ( and only occasional boyztown sex ), then the Sheraton.

Second, about real "good" massage.... I've found only two places. Just out to the main road, make a left. Opposite the main road from where A-Bomb is, and opposite that popular sidewalk restaurant, you'll see "Siam Corner Massage". It's a nice clean pleasant place. Massages are cheap and very good. They also own one of the all male shops too, so feel free to ask for a MALE masseur. They'll go get one for you. I often ask for 2 male masseurs --- one to do a head, neck, shoulder massage while the other one does a foot and leg massage..... at the same time. Nice. If you want the best massage in Thailand, I recommend Health Land. They have one location in Pattaya and a dozen in Bangkok. You're best to call on the phone and book at male masseur for an "aromatherapy" massage beforehand. Otherwise they might not have a male available. Remember, these are for a great massage..... not sex.

Third, I've run into the "Ouuuuuch. Hurt....." whining act ( before I even get close to putting it in ) enough times. The very first time they try that, "I stand up, go for my clothes and say, "Ok. Finished." If he agreed to it beforehand, I won't pay him the agreed price. Half is being too generous. I'll also complain *emphatically* to the mamasan ( manager ) at the bar he works at.

But much better to prevent this from happening in the first place.....

Here's a way I've discovered that almost always works: I don't negotiate with the boy. In fact, I don't even speak to the boy until we're outside the bar. I negotiate *every* detail with the mamasan. I say, "Are you *sure* he's gay and will bottom?" I ask if he's *sure* at least three separate times. I also ask the mamasan for the *total* price including tip..... including everything. If you want, you can ask/say, "If he not bottom, I not pay?" The way this works is..... It puts his place of employment in the middle of the transaction. Now it's not only his reputation on the line ( which he cares nothing about since he's never going to see you again anyway ). It puts the mamasan''s reputation on the line. He could even lose his job over it.... maybe. Having said that, don't forget to tip a helpful mamasan 100 baht at least. Now he's not going to play those games because he has promised the mamasan not to.

Another tip is: Sex first. Bars, drinks, restaurants, dancing, etc later. If the sex is no good....., "bye bye". ( Remember, you can always have sex again at the end of the evening and/or the next morning... if he's good. )

Occasionally though, I'll still get a whiner who refuses to do his job. In that case, I stop immediately, let him know I'm disappointed that he lied to me, kick him out immediately, give him *half* the agreed "tip", and the next day I make it very clear to the mamasan that I'm upset that he gave me a boy that's no good. I say, "If he doesn't want to do this job, he should go work in a restaurant or something."

bruce_nyc
September 12th, 2015, 09:46
My favorite is also 6-pack masculine muscled guys who are gay and will bottom. I've found that if I insist that they are also gay, there's a *much* better chance that they'll be into it at least somewhat and not just acting. Also, the straight guys are much more likely to play games and say they can't bottom after you get them home.

Another tip: If you're in a bar and you ask the boy, "If fuck you, OK? " If he asks, "How big are you?" >>> Don't go through with it! <<<< That's his way of politely saying, No. Later he has an out. "You're too big." ( even if you aren't ). Basically, if he says anything other than "Yes!" .........he's really saying no. That's a fact.

Best bet in Pattaya is A-Bomb at exactly 9:25pm. All the guys are supposed to be there by 9:30pm. The best ones have been taken off by 9:40pm. So if you don't find one there by 9:45pm, go try FunnyBoy or one of the other places. I've never found any hot guys that were gay + bottom at Boyz Boyz Boyz. Toy Boy has loads of gay bottoms, but they're likely to be young and fem. I guess in a pinch....

My bf is *really* picky. He despises the fem boys "who wear makeup". He claims that he can smell their cheap makeup and it makes him nauseous. He has to (dramatically) air out the room for hours. lol

bruce_nyc
September 12th, 2015, 18:30
Yes, rock hard beds are popular all over Asia for some reason. It's one of the main reasons why I never went back to Tarntawan hotel after staying there on my first visit.

In Bangkok, Le Meridian for the win ! The location can't be beat.

Rock hard beds *are* all over Asia..... and they so suck. Stick to SPG.com hotels to avoid that problem / issue.

bruce_nyc
September 12th, 2015, 18:51
About the Sunee Plaza area.... You either love it or you hate it.

Some people swear it's the best place on Earth. That's why I've been there 50 times. I keep "giving it another chance". But I have yet to enjoy myself there. The boys are very young, seedy, more street types, very skinny and girly. And what other reason would I have for going there? I suppose the beers are as cold as anywhere. ( But I really don't drink beer anyway. :-) )

My advice is:

Go to A-Bomb, FunnyBoy, etc (alone!), *early*.... as soon as they open.... and work with the mamasan (waiter). Tell him *exactly* what type you want, and want you want to do in bed. Don't be shy! Negotiate the entire thing with the mamasan.... including the total charges including tip. Ask the mamasan to guarantee his performance!

Then choose a hottie who the mamasan says matches your requirements and tell the mamasan you want to "off" him..... now. No need to speak with him or buy him a drink! Just say no to that nonsense. Take him out the door and directly back to your room and fuck. It's not important that he can speak English. As long as he understands, " I fuck you. "

And fuck *first*..... all other fun activities can happen later, after sex. ( Other activities, like dance clubs etc, can often just be the boy's way of putting off sex he doesn't want to do..... and get loads more whiskey money out of your wallet for free drinks for all his friends. ) Fuck first.

Always choose "Short Time".

Here's why: You are *not* going to enjoy spending a long time with someone unless you're both into it. And if you are both into it, you can change any short time into a long time on the spot impromptu. Never over commit. There are too many fish (hotties) in the sea.

( sorry for the quadruple posts )

egel
September 13th, 2015, 02:09
Wheres Bearly There gone?

latintopxxx
September 13th, 2015, 02:21
bruce u r so cold hearted...u don't even see the need to spend time with the boy and get to know him..u treat him like an object, just negotiate his services with the mamasan and then u go directly to your room and fuck him...how does that make him feel?? used??

Impulse
September 13th, 2015, 06:50
"Rock hard", and they "suck"! What are you complaining about? Oh, the beds.

bruce_nyc
September 13th, 2015, 16:11
bruce u r so cold hearted...u don't even see the need to spend time with the boy and get to know him..u treat him like an object, just negotiate his services with the mamasan and then u go directly to your room and fuck him...how does that make him feel?? used??

Probably. But that is his job....

But in reality, I do spend time to get to know him. I just don't *begin* that process until we're outside of the bar. I don't even say one word to him until we're outside. But then, I ask him his name and all about his life and his family etc etc.

I get to know him better than most do, probably.

Then I take him home and fuck him.

If it was really good.... I might invite him to spend more time together, and get to know him even more...

The two separate subjects of (1) getting what we've agreed that I'm paying for, and (2) treating him like a human being and getting to know him..... are *not* mutually exclusive. They're not opposites. I do both.... very well.

Brad the Impala
September 13th, 2015, 17:18

He was online here yesterday.

He could be:

A. Having so much fun that he can't spare any to continue his daily report(which I like many others was enjoying)

B. Be pissed off with some patronising comments that appeared about his honest reports, and have decided that it's not worth opening himself up to further comments

C. Be saving up all the updates to be provided shortly

D. Be involved in some kinky sex game involving ropes and masks which has got out of hand.........

bruce_nyc
September 13th, 2015, 17:23
I'm guessing A & C.

That's exactly what happens when you start having fun....

loke
September 14th, 2015, 23:27
Could also be D. After all TIT.

christianpfc
September 16th, 2015, 12:40
Third, I've run into the "Ouuuuuch. Hurt....." whining act ( before I even get close to putting it in ) enough times. The very first time they try that, "I stand up, go for my clothes and say, "Ok. Finished." If he agreed to it beforehand, I won't pay him the agreed price. Half is being too generous. I'll also complain *emphatically* to the mamasan ( manager ) at the bar he works at.

Here's a way I've discovered that almost always works: I don't negotiate with the boy. In fact, I don't even speak to the boy until we're outside the bar. I negotiate *every* detail with the mamasan. I say, "Are you *sure* he's gay and will bottom?" I ask if he's *sure* at least three separate times. I also ask the mamasan for the *total* price including tip..... including everything. If you want, you can ask/say, "If he not bottom, I not pay?" The way this works is..... It puts his place of employment in the middle of the transaction. Now it's not only his reputation on the line ( which he cares nothing about since he's never going to see you again anyway ). It puts the mamasan''s reputation on the line. He could even lose his job over it.... maybe. Having said that, don't forget to tip a helpful mamasan 100 baht at least. Now he's not going to play those games because he has promised the mamasan not to.

Another tip is: Sex first. Bars, drinks, restaurants, dancing, etc later. If the sex is no good....., "bye bye". ( Remember, you can always have sex again at the end of the evening and/or the next morning... if he's good. )

Some good points by Bruce.

I had that boy from Classic Boys last year who claimed he has never been fucked before (but didn't make any drama as described above), but I recognize a sphincter that has been widened yesterday, the day before, ... when I put my dick in it!

I don't deal with mamasan at all. If I talk with a boy and mamasan interferes, I will simply ignore here or tell here to let me talk with the boy (of course speaking Thai helps, I don't need help for translation). But Bruce's argumentation is convincing! Good to see another approach than my own.

"Fuck first, talk later", as I put it. Not following this simple rule has caused me a lot of grief in the past.

Jellybean
September 26th, 2015, 23:33
Hmmm . . . curiouser and curiouser cried Jellybean.

I echo the comment made by egel above. Where indeed has BearlyThere gone? His posts appeared to stop mid-flow. I found his trip reports an enjoyable read and a refreshing take on an old topic. He has not logged-in since 12 September and not posted since 7 September. Has anyone seen him around Pattaya and is in a position to let us know all is well? :-?

thaiguest
September 27th, 2015, 00:48
Yes a little worrying.
His posts are very much part of his holiday experience.
Strange that he would stop mid-flow.