View Full Version : At the trough ...

Smiles
September 1st, 2015, 10:20
Thai police share a 'different' world view than most mere mortals . . . this one apparently born and perfected on the planet Neptune.

BANGKOK: Thai police congratulated themselves for making an arrest in Bangkok's deadly bombing and announced on Monday they would give themselves an $84,000 reward, though the man has not been charged тАФ let alone convicted тАФ and may not be the prime suspect.

The 3 million baht reward was originally offered to the public for tips leading to the arrest of suspects, but national police chief Somyot Poompanmoung said he was taking the unusual step of redirecting the cash to highlight that Thailand's police are good at their job.

The decision quickly added to criticism on social media over police handling of the investigation into the August 17 bombing at Bangkok's Erawan Shrine, which killed 20 people and injured more than 120. Many Thais have expressed doubt that the bombing will be solved, citing a reputation Thai police have for corruption and forcing confessions.
Somyot made the announcement at a news conference Monday, saying he had "good news." "Give me the bag," he said, turning to an aide. "It is the ability of Thai officials that led to the arrest," he said. "This money should be given to officials who did their job."

<< (TODAY) http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/worl ... 752244.cms (http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/world/rest-of-world/Thai-police-award-themselves-84K-for-arrest-of-bomb-suspect/articleshow/48752244.cms) >>

cdnmatt
September 1st, 2015, 10:24
One of those times in life whether you're not sure if you should laugh or cry. :)

September 1st, 2015, 13:06
One of those times in life whether you're not sure if you should laugh or cry. :)
If you been living in Thailand all this time and still don't know the answer ...

Thailand is a joke

frequentfliers
September 1st, 2015, 16:27
This is making news all over the world.Sad when the person has yet to be proven guilty.

latintopxxx
September 1st, 2015, 17:23
kommy...thailand may in your opinion be a joke...but its a joke that we all enjoy...its because its the way it is that we keep coming back.

Tiktak63
September 1st, 2015, 21:25
This is making news all over the world.Sad when the person has yet to be proven guilty.

If they only receive the reward in the event of a conviction then his chances of a not guilty verdict are slim indeed.

September 2nd, 2015, 03:16
kommy...thailand may in your opinion be a joke...but its a joke that we all enjoy...its because its the way it is that we keep coming back.
On the contrary Latin your motives - like all of us - are those of the colonists who went to North America and plundered the resources of the Native Americans, or brought slaves there from Africa - it was for their own advantage. Jokes had (and has) nothing to do with it.

latintopxxx
September 2nd, 2015, 04:14
hey....relaaaax....I only pop over regularly to fuck the locals...and reward them for their troublr....so how does that make me a slave owner/resource exploiter???

paulosussex
September 2nd, 2015, 10:41
Perhaps the bib should now give the reward back or at least to Cambodia as the 'new' suspected bomber was apparently caught at Phnom Penh airport and smuggled back to Pa Rai village, Aranyaprathet in Sa Kaeo Province to be arrested at 11am this morning by the Burapha Task Force...

September 2nd, 2015, 11:11
hey....relaaaax....I only pop over regularly to fuck the locals...and reward them for their troublr....so how does that make me a slave owner/resource exploiter???
There's a well-worn argument that prostitution = exploitation

gumblebee
September 3rd, 2015, 04:46
There's nothing worse than being exploited ... except not being able to find anybody that finds you worth exploiting.

latintopxxx
September 3rd, 2015, 05:47
oh give me a break, its even in the book, some are hewers of wood and carriers of water...and others rule...or something to that effect. I've read countless stories here of kind hearted farangs who have set their whores up in small businesses only to have the whore sell evrything or walk away as its just so much easier to sell arse...not like its that much effort if u r half good looking.
So i wonder who exactly is exploting who. and is not the min wage in the US not exploitation too...so go clean up your western back yard before u get all het up over others.

September 3rd, 2015, 07:36
.. its even in the book...
But do you covet your neighbour's ass?

paulosussex
September 3rd, 2015, 08:36
What starts at the trough ends up in the gutter... Again

goji
September 4th, 2015, 00:55
There's nothing worse than being exploited ... except not being able to find anybody that finds you worth exploiting.

Prostitution must be the only form of trade where both parties consent and yet the customer is accused of exploiting the service provider.

I suppose this is just the same as us exploiting Tesco when we go there to purchase groceries.

Getting back to the original topic, I guess there are a large number of countries where corruption free policing and fair trials cannot be expected.
Like most of Asia, Africa & some of Eastern Europe to start with.

christianpfc
September 4th, 2015, 01:03
I would not have spent much thought on the highlighted part (I would say charging and conviction is just a formality, with forged passport and bomb making materials found in his place), but these:

"Thai police congratulated themselves..."
"...redirecting the cash to highlight that Thailand's police are good at their job..."
"This money should be given to officials who did their job."

made me scratch my head. Here I apply the same logic I apply against tipping in restaurants and similar venues: they did their job, that's what I expect, doesn't require any reward by my standards.

On the contrary: why did it take so long, or even better: why did they not prevent this?

September 4th, 2015, 05:36
Typical sloppy thinking from goji. If sex between two people is not consensual it is rape. Prostitution = exploitation has nothing to do with it.

Dodger
September 4th, 2015, 13:27
I don't think it's what you do - it's how you do it, that defines Exploitation.

If you see one of those ads on TV where they show a sick and distraught child for the purpose of obtaining donations for a not-for-profit charity, it is not exploitation, but if the sick child is being used simply as a device to make a profit, than it is considered "exploitation".

Prostitution, in-and-by-itself, does not fall in the category of exploitation, if both adult parties (prostitute and customer) agree to the terms of the service, and the customer pays a fair amount for the service and isn't abusive, although, if the customer is abusive, either physically, or by not paying a fair amount for the service rendered, this can be classified as exploitation. In this scenario, the customer is intentionally taking advantage of someone because they are poor and vulnerable, just for his own personal gratification (selfishness), which can be considered "exploitation."

A situation where a young and enticing prostitute uses his/hers sexual appeal as a lure, to intentionally take advantage of an old and vulnerable customer for financial gain beyond that of the service rendered, can also be classified as exploitation. Personally, I think a farang punter in Thailand stands a much larger chance of being exploited then the prostitutes, primarily because of the "vulnerability factor". Every time a farang walks into a gogo bar, he, in fact, is putting himself on their stage - not the other way around. It's all about illusion.

Now, here's a real funny twist: When an old farang knows he's being taken advantage of because of his vulnerabilities, and his young Thai boyfriend knows he's being taken advantage of because of his vulnerabilities, and they both accept these terms, I guess you could classify this as "Mutually Acceptable Exploitation"

September 4th, 2015, 15:12
http://www.vice.com/read/decriminalizin ... the-answer (http://www.vice.com/read/decriminalizing-prostitution-may-not-be-the-answer)
http://www.cato-unbound.org/2013/12/09/ ... ploitation (http://www.cato-unbound.org/2013/12/09/steven-wagner/prostitution-exploitation)

Most customers deny that prostitution is a form of exploitation because they don't want to acknowledge themselves as exploiters. I'm sure many slave owners felt the same way especially those who believed they were "better" owners than some of their neighbours, just as many settlers genuinely believed that the trinkets they gave the Native Americans was a just recompense for the land and resources they expropriated. We can all come up with excuses for our own behaviour; humans are famous for it

latintopxxx
September 4th, 2015, 18:24
oh dear, a very difficult topic which can be debated endlessly without any sort of alignment being reached. Luckily I dont have any major issues morally speaking with what I do...some of u will no doubt disagree, especially as I do stray from safe vanilla sex, but the fact that someone is willing to have sex with just about anybody for small change in my opinion indicates that they have a very low self esteem so the humiliation games I play with them is not really a big step as some would believe.

Dodger
September 4th, 2015, 20:49
kommentariat wrote:

We can all come up with excuses for our own behaviour; humans are famous for it

Of course, but the same holds true for those working as adult prostitutes, who make excuses for their behavior in exactly the manner.

As we all know, prostitution in Pattaya proliferated back in the 60's as a result of pretty young Thai girls flocking to the shores to exploit money from American GI's...not as the result of the GI's wanting to find someone to exploit. In this scenario, the GI's, who were 10,000 miles from home and starving for affection and sex, were extremely vulnerable, and the Thai girls took full advantage of this, which leads us to where we are today. I'm confident that the girls who worked the scene back then would have a hundred excuses for their behavior, and not one of those excuses would be an acknowledgement of exploitation.

Prostitution is considered "bad karma" in Thai Buddhist culture, whereas, serving another for pleasure, is not. This is an interesting twist, but they have been doing this for thousands of years and seem perfectly content living within their own interpretations and perceptions.
Works for me!

latintopxxx
September 5th, 2015, 04:02
dodger..i have no idea what u r trying to say...u seemto contradict yourself....i thinl...but hey...I have no issues/sleepless nights....worrying over what I get up to...I stillk get a huge kick(erection) out of climbing onto thai money boy butt....anyway in private messages that I get from other BM it seems that what I get up to is not even that kinky despite all the negative feedback I get....so go figure...I'm not that " out there' after all.

September 5th, 2015, 04:28
Prostitution is considered "bad karma" in Thai Buddhist culture, whereas, serving another for pleasure, is not. This is an interesting twist, but they have been doing this for thousands of years and seem perfectly content living within their own interpretations and perceptions.

Works for me!You're saying that when a prostitute services you it's not exploitation but "serving another for pleasure"? That's the most perfect example of
We can all come up with excuses for our own behaviour; humans are famous for itso far.

My attitude is "Yes, it's exploitation, and yes, I'm a bad boy - as in Saint Augustine's prayer 'Grant me chastity and continence, but not yet'". Not even Latin has gone that far in his responses.

September 5th, 2015, 08:51
This is making news all over the world.Sad when the person has yet to be proven guilty.Or as in this case not even the bomber - http://www.nationmultimedia.com/nationa ... 68200.html (http://www.nationmultimedia.com/national/Hunt-on-for-prime-suspect-30268200.html)

Dodger
September 5th, 2015, 16:09
kommentariat wrote:

You're saying that when a prostitute services you it's not exploitation but "serving another for pleasure"?

I think it's fair to say that their perception and my perception are on pretty equal terms, where neither party has anything to feel guilty about, and neither party feels like they've been exploited.

This may be hard for you to digest, but I don't view them as "Prostitutes" in the same context as people do in the West, nor do they view SEX the same as in western culture, which, in all honesty, is the thing I love the most about Thailand.

Enjoy yourself and your desires...be grateful for being provided the pleasure...allow them to enjoy your company and friendship...be jai dee...and don't think too much.

September 6th, 2015, 05:41
...and don't think too much.
Not even your worst enemy could accuse you of that and make it stick =))

egel
September 6th, 2015, 22:44
Prostitution must be the only form of trade where both parties consent

Agreed, both VOLUNTEERS.
Move along nothing new here....

thaiguest
September 7th, 2015, 04:45
Most marriages of unequal age and wealth is institutional prostitution- end of story.
Street hookers and their clients are lowly scapegoats under new-world political correctness.

Smiles
September 7th, 2015, 09:28
" ... Most marriages of unequal age and wealth is institutional prostitution- end of story. Street hookers and their clients are lowly scapegoats under new-world political correctness ... "
Nothing like a few massive generalizations to add to the trough. Love it when someone ponderously declares " .. end of story .. ", hammering fist to desk, as if further comment by anyone else is unnecessary, useless, and unwelcome. Very GayButtonish.

September 7th, 2015, 13:34
Very GayButtonish.Indeed. Had to love the comment about "new-world political correctness'. I think it was Dodger - not thinking too much though - who pointed out that in Buddhism (as in every other mainstream religion so hardly "new-world political correctness") that prostitution is disapproved. Even worse, lustful looks are disapproved in Christianity "But I tell you that anyone who looks at a woman lustfully has already committed adultery with her in his heart" Matthew 5:28

Nirish guy
September 7th, 2015, 15:50
........in Christianity "But I tell you that anyone who looks at a woman lustfully has already committed adultery with her in his heart" Matthew 5:28

Personally as he only mentioned looking lustfully at woman I always took that more as gays having god/Jesus and the holy ghosts full permission to look as lustfully as we want at men and so by default then to just go on ahead and fuck as many of them as we see fit ( thats Gym fit of course) - as if god had intended otherwise then surely he would have said so - and if he DID mean to say it and he simply forgot......well now, that's just his mistake and he'll just have to live with that :- )

And I SWEAR if anyone even tries to quote that nonsense in Leviticus in this regard or Adam and fucking Eve not that other guy Steve I'll scream !! lol

September 7th, 2015, 16:30
Personally as he only mentioned looking lustfully at woman
Yes I always had you down as a Fundamentalist and it looks as though that's now confirmed. I suspect lustful looks mean damnation irrespective of the gender of all concerned. You remind me of my Australian friend who always bought cigarette packets that bore the legend "Warning: smoking can harm your unborn child" as being the safest for him to use

Nirish guy
September 7th, 2015, 17:03
Personally as he only mentioned looking lustfully at woman
Yes I always had you down as a Fundamentalist and it looks as though that's now confirmed. I suspect lustful looks mean damnation irrespective of the gender of all concerned. You remind me of my Australian friend who always bought cigarette packets that bore the legend "Warning: smoking can harm your unborn child" as being the safest for him to use

Oh how little you know me ( obviously) as coming from bible bashing Northern Ireland I'm just about the biggest ANTI fundamentalist you could meet - well when it comes to the Bible anyway- and you can "suspect" all you want about what you "think" someones imaginary friend might have meant, I'm sticking to my "if he didn't say it he obviously didn't mean it" view - or my other more common view which is of course that it's all a load of old bollocks anyway and I could care less what someones book they use to control others by says.

Dodger
September 7th, 2015, 21:49
I never put much stock in people's interpretations of the Bible, or any other religious fairy tales, but I do remember an amusing fable about Jesus having a fling with Mary Magdalene who was apparently a well-known local prostitute. I think the guys who wrote the bible must have forgotten about that when they started carving out all their "God Rules" for the masses... =))

thaiguest
September 8th, 2015, 02:20
" ... Most marriages of unequal age and wealth is institutional prostitution- end of story. Street hookers and their clients are lowly scapegoats under new-world political correctness ... "
Nothing like a few massive generalizations to add to the trough. Love it when someone ponderously declares " .. end of story .. ", hammering fist to desk, as if further comment by anyone else is unnecessary, useless, and unwelcome. Very GayButtonish.

I wrote "most" not "all" and I stand by it -end of story.

Old fat movie mogul with buxom 18yr old sleeping with him for 1095 nights followed by a multimillion divorce settlement = prostitution on a grand scale.?
Should there be a law against this?
Well there's a law against one night stands with hookers in some juristictions.

September 8th, 2015, 03:24
I'm sticking to my "if he didn't say it he obviously didn't mean it" view.
That's exactly what "being a Fundamentalist" means :))

Nirish guy
September 8th, 2015, 04:12
I'm sticking to my "if he didn't say it he obviously didn't mean it" view.

No shit Sherlock ! ......

September 8th, 2015, 09:55
[quote="Nirish guy":2ztctrc5] I'm sticking to my "if he didn't say it he obviously didn't mean it" view.

No shit Sherlock ! ......[/quote:2ztctrc5]
Still in denial about being a Fundamentalist?