PDA

View Full Version : Some Chiang Mai Changes

BonTong
August 25th, 2015, 17:40
Been quite a lot of changes in Chiang Mai in recent weeks and months so here's a little update for anyone who's interested.

Biggest news has been the re-opening of Ram bar (http://www.gayinchiangmai.com/News/2015/ram-bar-renaissance/) and the news that Secrets Bar is moving (http://www.gayinchiangmai.com/News/2015/secrets-bar-news-update/) to a new location next to the new Ram bar. This now means there are four bars (including Orion and Ice bar) next to or close to each other on Chiang Mai's new gay Soi - Chareonprathet Soi 6 which runs from the main night bazaar to the river (close to the old Bubbles Disco for those who remember it). There are rumours some other bars may open there too. Also nearby in the old Night Bazaar building is Ozeed Bar, run by the very friendly Jeep, and also the gay friendly Station One. All this is great news as Chiang Mai was suffering from all the bars having spread out. Having several bars, including some of the most popular, all in one place should make for a more attractive proposition. Already Ram Bar has been pretty busy at its new location. Meanwhile, with Secrets gone, CU bar was closed for most of July and now seems to only be opening erratically.

More information about the Soi 6 bars here: Soi 6 тАУ the new home of gay Chiang Mai (http://www.gayinchiangmai.com/News/2015/soi-6-the-new-home-of-gay-chiang-mai/)

Bird of Paradise - a gay owned bar and restaurant near the university has re-opened after a major makeover and is looking good. Some here might remember the friendly owner Khun Bird, who was at Balcony in BKK for quite a few years.

In Chang Puek the go-go bar scene continues pretty much un-changed and remain busy as ever. There is a new massage shop in Chang Puek (near New My Way) called Common Massage which seems to have a good selection of masseurs. There's also a new karaoke next door to New My Way, and Free Guy now changes to a karaoke format after the show at 11.30 p.m. However, some of the late night Karaoke places have been opening and closing at strange times in response to Police clampdowns on opening hours.

Also in Chang Peuk, Soho Bar has been very quiet, despite adding live music and a restaurant service. The Garden Bar at Lotus Hotel even quieter, same too at Sabbai Dee.

The whole night life scene in Chiang Mai (gay and straight) has been somewhat subdued for a few months due to BIB enforcement. This is largely due to an incident a few months ago where a female student who'd been drinking into the early hours plowed into a group of cyclists killing three of them. The repercussions are still being felt, and now have extended to clamping down on student and underage drinking too, effecting some of the big Thai student bars. The relatively newly opened Grand Arena - a re-incarnation of the now closed G-Star vintage, in a new location at Sipsong Huay Kaew, is temporarily closed due to the clampdowns. Also Infinity, popular with gay Thai's, has made a face saving "closed for renovations" announcement.

The two gay Saunas: Club One Seven and House of Male appear to be doing well if not even better than before.

A few places have closed including the long running Gemini Massage, The Wall Maasage and Chiang Mai Coffe Stop. Khun Note has moved Radchada cafe to Phayao which is becoming an increasingly attractive destination. Top to Toe massage (formerly one 2 come) closed some months ago, but the building is now home to a gay friendly Cafe - Soi 1 Bar, which used to be in the Thapae area and is run by Phil the Pie Man - renowned for his excellent pies and burgers.

Hope someone finds the above useful. Chiang Mai has changed a lot, both the city and the gay scene. But, there is still fun to be had. :ymparty:

llz
August 26th, 2015, 02:45
Thank you for the update which will save me a lot of time next time I go Chiang Mai (i.e. in two months).

Charoenprathet soi 6 looks interesting ...

NickysGayPattaya
August 26th, 2015, 07:33
Also in Chang Peuk, Soho Bar has been very quiet, despite adding live music and a restaurant service.

I understood Soho had closed and was looking for a new home? This was due to the new "can't be within 300m of a school" rule. At least Shauna is crowdfunding looking for a new location ...

Khun Note has moved Radchada cafe to Phayao which is becoming an increasingly attractive destination.

Glad to hear he's reopened. If you can send me details, I'll update the site

marti
August 26th, 2015, 10:03
Thanks for the report and information. Can you confirm that Soho is closed and/or moving?

BonTong
August 26th, 2015, 13:57
Soho bar is still open. The new 300M from a school rule/law I believe is a complete red herring and has set off unnecessary mass hysteria. My understanding is that the BIB clamped down on a number of the popular student bars near the university selling cheap beer and serving people under 20. There has also been an ongoing campaign to enforce closing times and other alcohol laws, e.g. advertising alcohol, or even having bottles on display.

Part of this is orders from BKK and the Junta, part an ongoing reaction to the cyclists incident (http://www.chiangmaicitylife.com/news/drunk-driver-kills-three-chiang-mai-cyclists/) I mentioned above. Several senior officers at Chang Puek Police, station were recently removed from their posts for failing to enforce the law regarding some student bars. Nothing much will change, too many vested interests ;) and you can bet there was more to that story. :-?

The 300M rule has caused a lot of confusion with two conflicting edicts being issued. In true Thai face saving style some back pedaling then took place and the story, as I understand it, is the situation is being reviewed over the next six months with the intention of re-defining current zones where alcohol can be sold. If implemented as per one of the proposals it would close down most of Chiang Mai's nightlife, including loy kroh road and areas on the moat near Thapae gate. An apparent 20th August deadline for enforcement seems to have passed uneventfully. According to one source, a recent meeting between police and bar owners that was meant to clarify ended up mainly discussing security issues following the BKK bombing.

What I've heard from other contacts, suggests rigid enforcement is unlikely except for bars specifically aimed at students, as previously, and strict enforcement of closing times. Soho is unlikely to be bothered by this as, far from underage student drinkers, the clientele is mainly foreigners over 65 who are in bed before midnight! Of course, if Soho can use this as an excuse to get some money through a crowd funding campaign good luck to them. But, the campaign for the sympathy vote has been going on for a little too long now. (-|

sweetlover88
August 26th, 2015, 17:21
Been to Soho 2 days ago and can confirm it's still open. No more room for rent though.

BonTong
August 29th, 2015, 20:08
Forgot to mention. See Man Pub is still alive. They have a big talent show contest tonight. Adam's Apple Club continues to be the most popular go-go for foreign visitors and they have regular special events. Next is on September 18th with a "Lovely Little Devils" night. :p Also, Ram bar has a cabaret show every Friday and Saturday night.

[attachment=0:sh466u7c]11903852_774691392652854_785225610198166335_n.jpg[/attachment:sh466u7c]

bruce_nyc
September 13th, 2015, 17:17
Adams Apple has tons of young guys. Some are hot.

But none are gay and bottom. :(

Somehow some way the owners must have gotten the idea that all foreigner customers are bottoms looking for straight boy tops.

I'm a customer who's only looking for Gay boy bottoms who are manly and masculine.

ddsfo
September 13th, 2015, 20:40
i think you overestimate the power of the manager of Adam Apple. the social-sexual politics in chiang mai now results in thai-yai (shan state) boys populating the go-go bar(s). seldom are there any gay thai boys working there. the shan state boys form something of a family/gang at a bar like AA, they know each other and bring their friends; the manager has limited control over who shows up. and yes, the boys are straight and only "boy play" for pay and will not be "gay for pay".

bruce_nyc
September 13th, 2015, 20:58
That's just poor planning.... or lack of any planning.

My bf is Shan and most of his friends are Shan and Gay and working as moneyboys here ( sex massage shops usually ). They ( AA ) need to get in with the right circle of ( GAY ) Shan boys.... then maybe they would have some gay Shan boys showing up for work.

Ahhh. I just asked my bf. He says , "Nobody (the most handsome gay Shan boys) wants to work in Chiang Mai because they pay less money and have fewer customers. They all go to work in Bangkok instead. In Bangkok they make more money and have more customers."

So there you have it.....

When going to Chiang Mai, like when going to Koh PI Pi, it's BYOB ( bring your own boy ).

BonTong
September 13th, 2015, 22:24
It's hard to get Thai's (gay or otherwise) to work in a bar that is already full of Tai Yai - a bit like mixing oil and water. Also, many northern Thai boys won't work in their home city, so tend to go off to BKK/Pats if they wanna work in that business. Whereas, few Thai boys from elsewhere come to CM when better money can be made elsewhere.

In Shan culture gay is still much more taboo than among Thais (excluding Thai Chinese). There aren't many openly gay Shan boys around, as Bruce points out, those that are gay prefer the much more discreet massage business. The CM go-go's have always been very gang orientated and its difficult for guys from outside to feel welcome and accepted.

The macho Top only Shan boys in CM do quite well with Thai customers who are looking for just that. Some of the regular boys at Adam's who've built up a large Thai customer base make seriously good money. They aren't that interested in Farangs who don't speak Thai and are often cheap (N.B. quite a few farangs visit CM because they have the perception it is inexpensive). It is Thai customers who keep CM's go-gos in business. Ironically,many Thai queens avoid places that are overtly "gay", e.g. if the bar had lots of fem boys the Thai's wouldn't come, but its OK if they are all straight macho types (Thai gay logic :-o ). The bar managers all know this.

When Adam's does get a real good gay boy working there, they tend not to last long before someone takes them away to be the trophy BF.

Bruce's BYOB cocnept is fine, if that what works for you, and there is lots more to do in CM than gay bars, so some company can be good. However, if straight Shan boys don't tick your box, if you look online CM is packed with local Thai bottom boys. You just have to look in the right places.

bruce_nyc
September 15th, 2015, 08:39
It's a bit surprising that someone doesn't round up all those gay bottoms and open a gogo bar there. :-)

BonTong
September 19th, 2015, 15:11
It's a bit surprising that someone doesn't round up all those gay bottoms and open a gogo bar there. :-)
Twenty plus years ago they did, it was called Coffee Boy, probably one of the most legendary gay bars in Asia in its time.

These days, many of Chiang Mai's young gay boys don't really view older farangs as much of a catch anymore, let alone want to work as a bar boy. Plenty of Thai giks around with enough money to keep them in smart phone and motosai's and roger them senseless every day! Times have changed.

BonTong
September 19th, 2015, 15:14
latest update on the re-opening of Secrets Bar (http://www.gayinchiangmai.com/News/2015/secrets-bar-update/) New bar at it's new location on Soi 6 should be open by the end of September. Given that Ram bar (next door) seems to be very popular since they moved there, it should do well. :ymparty:

bruce_nyc
September 25th, 2015, 16:10
Just arrived in CM today. Staying at Le Meridian for 3 nights.

Any suggestions to get into some serious naughty trouble? =P~

Went to "2 Brothers" while waiting for our room to be ready. Decent massage. Decent sex. Only 1100 ( said includes tip, so I took them at their word ).

Thinking of Ram Bar later after 6pm. Never been there.

Then Adams Apple after 8pm. Wanna see if they have *any* bottoms yet.

Other places you guys recommend?

Is there a gay "disco" in CM for after 1am....?

BonTong
September 25th, 2015, 19:17
Just arrived in CM today. Staying at Le Meridian for 3 nights.
Good Choice. As well as Ram Bar, Ozeed Bar is just next door in the night bazaar building and Orion Bar across the main Rd (before you get to Ram). There is also Marina Ladyboy bar in the boxing complex right opposite 2 Brothers - if you REALLY want "serious naughty trouble" ;;)

Thinking of Ram Bar later after 6pm. Never been there.

Then Adams Apple after 8pm. Wanna see if they have *any* bottoms yet.
Ram Bar will be very quiet at 6pm. It' Friday, their cabaret show now starts at 10.30 p.m and last couple of weekends has been very busy. Show at Adam's also start's 10.30 p.m. Will be a bit quiet at 8 p.m.

Other places you guys recommend?

Is there a gay "disco" in CM for after 1am....?

The late night clampdown in CM is continuing so not much action. See Man Pub is probably your best bet. Before that maybe check out some of the new bars on the roof top at Maya. Not gay, but this is Chiang Mai...... :D

On 27 you might wanna check out Club One Seven Sauna. It's one of their naked party nights which get quite busy.

bruce_nyc
September 26th, 2015, 18:40
Quick question.

What is the going rate to off a boy at Circle or Adams Apple in Chiang Mai now? I mean the typical "tip" amount for the boy for short time.

lukylok
September 27th, 2015, 03:18
I give 1.200 and they always seem very happy.

bruce_nyc
September 27th, 2015, 07:56
Thanks, Bontong and Lukylok.

What is See Man Pub? Is it a gogo bar? A late nite "disco"? Any good on a Sunday night (our last night in town)?

Last night we went to eat traditional Chiang Mai food (Northern Thai food) at Tong. Then had ice cream at iberry. That iberry is owned by a Thai male celebrity and is quite the tourist attraction. It's something to be seen. The best "marketing machine" I've ever seen for an ice cream shop..... especially one in Thailand.

Then we were going to go to 2 Brothers again... but it was getting a little late... close to gogo bar time. So we relaxed in bed for an hour or two, then went to Circle Pub gogo bar. We arrived at 10:30pm.... just in time for the show. We were told that they had *2* bottoms that night. One was the bartender from the other night, Nuk. And another young guy named, Pie. We decided to off Pie for last night. And we booked Nuk in advance for tonight. The show wasn't much of a show at all. There was like one number.... the same ladyboy from the other show at Ram Bar the night before. ( It's a small town. ) Then there were some guys on stage, one by one, showing off their big dicks. Not really my thing much.

I had asked Pie while still sitting at Circle, "Are you gay or man?" He said, "Not gay." "But you can bottom?" He said, "Yes." Later I asked his age. He's 22. Of course they wanted me to buy him a drink. I said, "No. I'll give him money instead of a drink. I think he wants money more than a drink." ( My standard line. They can never argue with that logic. ) Later I learned that the bar only wanted me to buy him a drink for 250.... to off him. Since I'd already given him 250. There was no more fee to off him. That's what the manager told me. ( Now that I think about it, that makes no sense. I gave the 250 as a gift to Pie.... not to the bar. They probably took it from him. ) Anyway, we took him home and he sucked very well and we both fucked him good. After, I gave him 2000. ( I wasn't sure if that was enough, or too much... but I think it was good. He seemed happy. )

Today we're doing "Flight of the Gibbon".... zip lining? It's a bit expensive. But neither of us have done it before. Later tonight, we'll eat at River Side.... then go off Nuk at Circle. What else should we not miss tonight? See Man Pub? What time?

We check out tomorrow. Our flight back is tomorrow around 6pm.

BonTong
September 27th, 2015, 15:46
What is the going rate to off a boy at Circle or Adams Apple in Chiang Mai now? I mean the typical "tip" amount for the boy for short time.Anything less than 1K and you'll be learning some new choice words in Tai Yai. Luklok probably has it about right. Some of the boys at circle who've been around for a while and think they're something special will ask for more up front. Quite a few boys will agree to do more in private, for an enhanced tip, than they would admit to in the bar. They just don't want their friends to know.

What is See Man Pub? Is it a gogo bar? A late nite "disco"? Any good on a Sunday night (our last night in town)?Big Thai style disco club - everyone standing around tables. They typically have a coyote boy show and some ladyboys, though I haven't been for a while. Was a late night place, but I think seriously curtailed under the current clampdown. Probably rather quiet on a Sunday night.

After, I gave him 2000. ( I wasn't sure if that was enough, or too much... but I think it was good. He seemed happy. )I happy, you happy :D IMHO not excessive if you got what was promised ;)

bruce_nyc
September 28th, 2015, 00:28
We got up early, had the included breakfast buffet at Le Meridian, then the van picked us up for our all day excursion called, "Flight of the Gibbon". It was quite an experience. I'm not sure what I was expecting... But in any case it was a lot of fun. It was also a lot of physical ( fitness ) activity.... much more than I expected. My Fitbit Surge watch tells me I climbed the exact equivalent of 111 floors of stairs.... plus I walked 8,470 steps.

We hung out by the pool for a while... Then we relaxed in the room for a while...

Then this evening, my boyfriend wanted to spend some time with his old buddy from Chiang Mai... A straight guy. And he told me to go to the Go Go bar and off a boy alone. So I went to Circle first. There was literally no one there except the one boy we had booked the night before.... the bartender boy.. But the bartender boy I had booked now says he cannot bottom.... plus I got a closer look at him and he wasn't all that attractive anyway. So next I went to Adam's Apple.

When I first arrived there were only a few boys there. But it was still only about 9 p.m. After I sat down one by one more came in. Eventually there were tons of boys there. The Mamasan confirmed that they're all straight and all Shan. But I decided I didn't care I was going to off one anyway. There were tons of boys that I would do. But two really caught my eye the most. So I decided what the hell.... And off-ed both of them. My reasoning was that I figured it wasn't going to be a great experience anyway... So I might as well get two. That way if one turns out to be terrible I have a chance with another one. I took them both back to my hotel room. And I was right... They were both sweet and charming. But one was clearly secretly gay. He was willing to do everything but just not in front of his friend. The other one was strictly straight. When his straight friend was in the shower, he was ready to do everything. But as soon as his friend was in the room with him, he acted the same as his friend.... "No I don't do this. I don't do that..." Somehow we managed to have a good time anyway. But I got the phone number of the gay one. Maybe if we have time tomorrow I can message him. He was really into me.... and he told me so. ( at least that's what he said and showed by his actions )

BonTong
October 1st, 2015, 14:34
The all new Secrets Bar in Chiang Mai. Coming very soon, on Chiang Mai's new gay soi 6!
[attachment=0:29ohauk5]New Secrets Bar Chiang Mai.jpg[/attachment:29ohauk5]

bruce_nyc
October 2nd, 2015, 10:47
Is it expected to offer something different..... or something very similar to.... the Ram Bar next door....?

Ram was the only place in Chiang Mai that we found that was full of customers ( in the evening for the show at least ). The customers seemed to be 95% farang.... which is a good sign.... attracting tourista and expats.

BonTong
October 29th, 2015, 22:42
A little update.

As per bruce_nyc observations, Ram bar continues to be the number one location in Chiang Mai these days for the farang scene. Secrets bar has now opened next door and is doing OK, but is a little different. Pool table and the usual available boys hanging around, whilst Ram is more of a camp place, with flirty staff. With most of the bars here now, Soi 6 is definitely the place to be. We put together a map showing all the bars now in the gay Soi 6 area (http://www.gayinchiangmai.com/News/2015/gay-soi-6-map/) Hope someone finds it useful.

Another new bar called "Golden Oldies" has opened in the old city, see here (http://www.gayinchiangmai.com/News/2015/gay-soi-6-map/) for more details of recent changes.

If you are in Chiang Mai this weekend, check out the various Halloween parties (http://www.gayinchiangmai.com/News/2015/halloween-2/) (~~) :ymparty: Even if it is hard to imagine that some places could get any more scary....

Late night scene continues to be very subdued under the current crackdown.

http://www.chiangmaicitylife.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/DSC03243-1354x900.jpg
Opening of Golden Oldies Bar - more picture on Citynow (http://www.chiangmaicitylife.com/social-pics/opening-of-golden-oldies-bar/)

a447
October 30th, 2015, 15:04
I'm planning to spend New Years Eve in CM. Does anything interesting happen?

As most of the bars are now close to the Meridien Hotel, I'm also thinking of staying there rather than at the Lotus. Bruce, do you have any trouble bringing guys back?

I'll head off to Adams Apple later in the evening. However, I've always found it difficult to get a tuk-tuk from that area into town late at night, or during the day for that matter. It's a problem I don't really know how to solve. Any ideas? Can Adams call me a tuk-tuk?

And apart from 2 Brothers, which I've visited many times, are there any other massage places near the Meridien still operating?

Do the bars in Soi 6 have a decent selection of guys I can off?

Any advice would be most welcome.

lukylok
October 31st, 2015, 09:55
I'm planning to spend New Years Eve in CM.

Do the bars in Soi 6 have a decent selection of guys I can off?.

You don't understand the system of the bars in CM.
It's not at all like Pattaya.
The boys are free lance, there is no off fee, and no garantee you will find them on a particular night, unless you have their phone number.
Mostly they come and go as they please. After midnight, when the gogo close, the gogo boys may go to the bars or to the karaoke places and increase the numbers.
If you don't like those present, the bar owner can usually ring some more friendly guys.

a447
October 31st, 2015, 15:12
When I was last in CM - not so long ago - I discovered the Orion Bar, thanks to information kindly supplied by Bong Tong. I was able to catch up with the part owner, a guy called Mai, who I offed a number of times when he was working at Adams.

There were different guys hanging around every night and I soon picked up that they were just freelancers, mainly friends of Mai. I used the word "off" - my mistake. I meant, taking someone out from the bar.

Basically, I guess I was asking if more freelancers turn up at these bars now, seeing that the Soi has turned into a mini gay ghetto. With so many bars concentrated in the same Soi in such a small area, there should be more customers gathered together so, hopefully, more boys.

To be honest, I'd be happy to just off Mai every night. He's one of the nicest guys I've ever met anywhere, and he has a cock that would embarrass a donkey. Unfortunately, he has to work until the bar closes, which is way past my bedtime.

Thanks for the tip about getting the owner to phone around to find someone suitable. I never thought of that. I'll keep that in mind if I'm not having any luck with the freelancers.

Old git
November 20th, 2015, 19:44
Looking at making a short trip to CM in early Jan - any suggestions for affordable hotels (up to 1500 thb/night) ?

Priorities are guest-friendly (either sex), secure (inc. room safes), handy for gay scene, but not overtly gay to the point of making it awkward to take a girl back, should the mood take me.. - and not excessively noisy.

llz
November 20th, 2015, 20:46
Looking at making a short trip to CM in early Jan - any suggestions for affordable hotels (up to 1500 thb/night) ?
Priorities are guest-friendly (either sex), secure (inc. room safes), handy for gay scene, but not overtly gay to the point of making it awkward to take a girl back, should the mood take me.. - and not excessively noisy.

Mercure Chiang Mai in Chang Phuak area meets all your requirements. I was there in October like every time I stay in Chiang Mai.
Some nice promotions on Agoda on Fridays ...

a447
November 20th, 2015, 22:04
What is the mercure's policy on taking guys back? Do they check his id at reception?

I was tossing up between the Lotus and the Meridien. In the end I settled for the Lotus, simply because it was opposite Adams Apple, where I'll be spending my evenings. If I was more interested in drinking than gogo bars, I'd stay at the Meridien.

But maybe I should change to the Mercury. It's just that I'm loathe to get into a lift with a guy if I'm likely to run into mum, dad and the kids.

Old git
November 21st, 2015, 21:48
simply because it was opposite Adams Apple, where I'll be spending my evenings

I'm intrigued..

The reviews of Adam's Apple are pretty dire - terms like 'expensive', 'greedy' and 'baggy underpants' crop up - or is that just the fare for the occasional strangers who walk in, with an 'inside track' for regulars in the know..??

Can't help thinking that those Shan lads would know better than to wear basic underwear at work - or do they dispense with it altogether when things liven up a little..?

christianpfc
November 23rd, 2015, 11:58
Expensive, yes (260 Baht). But they had a nice show and good selection of boys when I went last in May 2015. Underwear was ok, except for one who had stuffed tissue in front (I have yet to have a boy sit with me and discover his underwear is stuffed, I would send him away without tip). For comparison of all bars Oct 2014 see here: http://christianpfc.blogspot.com/2014/1 ... g-mai.html (http://christianpfc.blogspot.com/2014/10/gogo-bars-in-chiang-mai.html)

bruce_nyc
November 24th, 2015, 23:54
The Le Meridien Hotel is much nicer, and quite a bit more expensive. As for New Years Eve they will have a very nice event, dinner, and party, at Le Meridien... in case you have a boy to invite to go with you. You're going to need to buy tickets and to book a room quickly though.

The Mercure is still an ok hotel. It's much cheaper. And older.

I don't mind either location because Le Meridian is walking distance to the soi 6 bars. And the Mercure Hotel is walking distance to the go go bars. And I'm probably going to want to go to both areas anyway.

Le Meridian is a real luxury 5 star hotel, and the bed is to die for. Mercure is maybe a 3 star hotel, and the bed is a typical Asian hard mattress. But it is much cheaper.

Tuk Tuks are easy to get. Your hotel should always be able to call one immediately. Then get the business card of the one the hotel called for you. In a pinch you should be able to call that same driver to come and get you no matter where you are. Adams Apple and any of the bars, restaurants, or other establishments will also call one for you if you ask them to. Of course they are often just hanging out outside the door of these places anyway. So getting transportation is almost never a problem.

Before going to a tuk tuk, ask the hotel, bar, or restaurant, "How much should the normal tuk tuk fare be.... from here to Adam's Apple?" .....for example. They always know. The fares are very standardized. If the bar says it should be 150 baht, then ask the tuk tuk how much. If he says more than 150, say, "No. It should be 150." He'll agree.

No. I've never had any kind of problem bringing a boy back to either of these hotels.

As for Adam's Apple, as I've said before, it's great fun if you're a bottom..... because 99% of the boys will say they are top only. If you're a top.... your luck will probably not be good.... unless you're lucky enough to speak privately with a boy and you get him to agree to bottom. This has never happened to me. Only *one* time, of all the many boys I've off'ed from there, did I ever find one who was willing to bottom after we were back at my room. ( Unfortunately, I off'ed his friend too.... and he wouldn't do it in front of his friend. Damn. )

For offing boys, Pattaya is the best. Bangkok is second best. My advice is to go to Pattaya and/or Bangkok first, and find a boy you really want to spend time with.... then take him with you, for a romantic getaway to Chiang Mai.