PDA

View Full Version : Yet Another World Cup Thread (Gerard/Lampard)

June 26th, 2006, 12:51
Alen Hansen and the like, who are quick to criticise Beckham and call for his removal as captain and even his removal from the team, are still this morning repeating their tired old story. The likes of Hansen are calling for Gerard to be captain, however, they are pretty damn quiet on how badly Gerard has played for England so far, not even a mention in their latest musings on the BBC website. Whilst I recognise the value of the two goals Gerard has scored in this world cup, I do not think that Gerard and Lampard are working well together and one of them should become a sub to release another spot for a striker in the team (whether its the gangly Crouch or the small but perfectly formed Lennon). Lammpard has been spectaculary quiet and his shots have generally gone wide, high or straight to the keeper. Gerard on the other hand has scored twice but his performance in passing the ball or providing through passes has been dismal to say the least.

It is amazing that the 'pundits' can be blind to the fact that Beckham was all over the pitch last night, scored a cracking goal and literally ran his guts out and yet they still say things like 'can we afford to have someone in the team who can only take free kicks'. I really do hate these so called pundits who have stated their case in the past and are now too convinced by their own rhetoric to back down and admit they are wrong.