PDA

View Full Version : Thailand on The TV - ITV

RonanTheBarbarian
August 4th, 2015, 00:38
For those who have access to ITV/UTV, you might be interested to know that it features a new travel programmes on at 9 pm (British time) tonight (Monday).

It is a new series where they are sending five different sorts of families off to the same destination every week, and for the kick-off they are sending five families off to Koh Samui.

And yes, they HAVE included a gay couple (a pair of hairdressers who no doubt will shame us all! =; )

Tune is to see all you prejudices confirmed (or not as the case may be).

scottish-guy
August 4th, 2015, 01:00
....And yes, they HAVE included a gay couple (a pair of hairdressers ..)

So we can expect something along the lines of Rory and Deano from Mrs Brown's Boys?

Time will tell.

Forky123
August 4th, 2015, 03:14
Ok, 10 minutes in. Five ordinary British households??? Who are they kidding. Not sure what's worse, the families or the narrator.

loke
August 4th, 2015, 03:17
You can also watch the show online anytime here:

https://www.itv.com/itvplayer/travel-guides

But you'll need a VPN to watch it from Thailand. Looks interesting so will watch it when I have time.

RonanTheBarbarian
August 4th, 2015, 04:18
Ok, 10 minutes in. Five ordinary British households??? Who are they kidding. Not sure what's worse, the families or the narrator.

I think the narrator was Johnny Vegas, who rather suited the script.

And obvously they got five households of lunatic extroverts, as they alway do for this type of programme.

I hated the gay couple at first, but they redeemed themselves a bit by the end.

I am sure they guy who had been to Thailand 13 times is used to quite a differnt style of holiday when he comes...and obviously fancies the pants off the partners "son-in-law"....

egel
August 7th, 2015, 02:03
Looks interesting so will watch it when I have time.
...and waste an hour of your life! Was shit.

goji
August 7th, 2015, 05:18
...and waste an hour of your life! Was shit.
You were correct with the last comment.
I only wasted 10 minutes of my life on this. Programme was about the reaction of a few generally obese Brits & very little about Thailand.