PDA

View Full Version : Pay as u go phone

aot871
August 1st, 2015, 19:22
I have a dtac pay as u go sim in my phone . the credit expires mid oct and I don't arrive until the last week in oct. Will I have to get a new sim or just put on more credit , its already regsisted from my last trip in april

cdnmatt
August 1st, 2015, 19:29
Depends. Is your SIM registered (ie. did you provide passport when buying it?). If not, it's most likely already deactivated, and you'll need to get a new SIM or take that one to a shop and get it registered. The general decided that all SIMs must be registered with proper photo ID.

Otherwise, it's just... I can't even remember any more. *570# or something, costs 30 baht and extends your credit for an extra month or two.

christianpfc
August 1st, 2015, 22:31
I had similar experiences with SIM cards in Thailand and Germany. When validity expires, they can be re-activated up to a certain time (I think in Germany it's 30 days), after that the number is assigned to a new SIM card and permanently lost. I think your chances are good that you just top up and the card is valid again.

newalaan2
August 2nd, 2015, 01:30
the credit expires mid oct and I don't arrive until the last week in oct.
Just top-up/refill online before mid-oct from home.

[www.dtac.co.th] If in thai click to English, click 'Prepaid', click 'Refill Now' fill out the form with mobile number, email, amount to refill Bt50-Bt2000, Method of payment (credit card is ok and safe). When transaction is complete you get an sms from DTAC with confirmation, new balance and new expiry date.

anonone
August 2nd, 2015, 04:17
Depends. Is your SIM registered (ie. did you provide passport when buying it?). If not, it's most likely already deactivated, and you'll need to get a new SIM or take that one to a shop and get it registered. The general decided that all SIMs must be registered with proper photo ID.

Otherwise, it's just... I can't even remember any more. *570# or something, costs 30 baht and extends your credit for an extra month or two.

Not sure if DTAC is the same, but for AIS/12call it is *500*9# (call)
Takes 30 baht of credit and extends for 30 days.
You can stack them...one after another...and it keeps pushing it out 30 days. It is easily done from home country.

Before I got my Thai bank account, this is how I kept my SIM card active between trips.

August 2nd, 2015, 07:50
the credit expires mid oct and I don't arrive until the last week in oct.
Just top-up/refill online before mid-oct from home.

[www.dtac.co.th] If in thai click to English, click 'Prepaid', click 'Refill Now' fill out the form with mobile number, email, amount to refill Bt50-Bt2000, Method of payment (credit card is ok and safe). When transaction is complete you get an sms from DTAC with confirmation, new balance and new expiry date.
I agree with newalaan2, it's simply enough to pay online, although I use Internet banking with my Thai bank account to do this most of the time