PDA

View Full Version : When is a Moneyboy not a Moneyboy?

bucknaway
July 30th, 2015, 03:47
Few rules are written in stone for Thailand and I stumbled across a perfect example of that this weekend. While online chatting with a friend online, I was simultaneously scanning Planet Romeo. When I came across a guy I thought my friend would like, I would send him his screen name and have him check the guy out. If he liked the guy he would send them a message.

I came across one particular guy in Pattaya that I took a fancy too and I shared his screen name with my friend and we both send him a message and that is where things get interesting.

The guy we messaged does not know that he is being messaged by 2 Friends and his reply to each of us was very different. To one of us he told stated that he was a moneyboy and required 1500 baht payment and to the other he never mentioned money throughout the conversation. Even after agreeing to meet there was still never a mention of money.

In the greeting we both said hello and gave him compliments. We can only guess that he read our profiles and made a judgement on our profiles and one of our profiles put the handsome guy into moneyboy gear while the other has not yet seen that side of him. This only reinforces my opinion that even Pattaya moneyboys are not moneyboys 100% of the time.

The other thing that reminds me that Moneyboys are not always moneyboys come from meeting guys at DJ Station, going back to the room for fun and later on holiday spotting that same person on a gogo stage in Bangkok or Pattaya.

MiniMee
July 30th, 2015, 04:11
Hot-damn Buckie! Even those Pattaya Moneyboys still fancy a piece of your ass!

You still got it!

(Did you just refer to them as MoneyBoys?)

bucknaway
July 30th, 2015, 04:33

You still got it!

Yes, I use the term Moneyboys... There should be no trouble with the term just as if using the title bellboy or a tennis ballboy but you will never hear me say anything about trying to bed a boy.

AND I never said who the guy asked to pay... It could have been me or it could have been my friend. It's a mystery :D

bucknaway
July 30th, 2015, 04:36

You still got it!

Yes, I use the term Moneyboys... There should be no trouble with athorities channing message boards confusing the term, They should read the term no different than reading the term bellboy or a tennis ballboy, but you will never hear me say anything about trying to bed a boy.

AND I never said who the guy asked to pay... It could have been me or it could have been my friend. It's a mystery :D

oldfarang
July 30th, 2015, 06:13
Simple, when you know him a long time, he has his own REAL job or money.
When it is your birthday he actually has a gift (not a 10 baht rose) for you and he even pays for the movies and dinner and drinks almost 50% of the time. Or at least sometimes, depends on his financial situation.

I have had many many boys/youngmen, more then just a few hours or few days/weeks.

The ONLY one (Thai) who ever bought me a birthday gift was my only longterm boyfriend, God rest his soul.

thaiguest
July 30th, 2015, 06:59
I would like to turn the Q around-when is one of these non-money boys not a moneyboy? Answer: not for long. Give me a MB anytime; a thousand or two now and again keep both of us happy. The "relationship" guy very often has more ambitious plans for you vis a vis him.

cdnmatt
July 30th, 2015, 16:17
Hell if I know. I've been on PlanetRomeo myself lately, chatting with people. One guy seemed to be going through some emotional distress, so I genuinely got worried, and asked if he was alright, multiple times actually. He kept confirming he was, then later on in the convo proceeds to say he'd like me to buy him an iPhone. I figure, "cool, money boy, this makes it easy", and proceed to offer him 1500 baht to hook up. He gets offended, and tells me off for me thinking he's a money boy, but continues to say he wants me to buy him an iPhone.

Fucked if I know how this works.

Kim was easy. At the end, it was 300 baht/day, and if he wanted more, he could go get a bloody job. That was straight forward, so made it easy.

Dodger
July 30th, 2015, 16:34
When is a Moneyboy not a Moneyboy?

I guess the easy answer would be: "When they stop needing money"...but easy answers like that usually fall short of the real answer.

One thing I've come to realize is that when I place myself in the role of Mr. Pay-for-Gay Punter the boy I'm interacting with, regardless if he's working in a gogo bar or just a chatter on GayRomeo, inevitably places himself in the "Moneyboy" role. Conversely, when I take myself out of that role and focus my conversations with the boy on subjects not involving SEX, but rather aimed at getting to know him as a person - and allowing him to see me as a person, things sometimes take a different twist...not always...just some times.

In any event, when an aging farang couples with a young Thai boy it's impossible for money not to come into the equation at some point. If the boy is openly "Gay-for-Pay" then the financial transaction is of course an automatic process. If the boy is not "Gay-for-Pay", for instance a boy you meet on-line or at a disco, then the possibility exists that he will roll in the hay with you just for a good time - or evan want to hook up with you for a longer duration in a relationship, but evan in those situations, at least from what I've witnessed and experienced, money ends up coming into the equation at some point...and the longer it takes for him to ask - the more expensive the proposition.

I also believe that if a farang wants to have a short fling or long-term relstionship with a "Non-Moneyboy", then he would need to be content with partnering with someone closer to his own age for this to happen...and that is not something I'm the least bit interested in...LOL.

Ivory
July 30th, 2015, 17:59
I guess the answer is "never". According to my own experience finally it is more expensive for you if they do it "for love" ;)

cdnmatt
July 30th, 2015, 19:44
Yeah, but they all seem to love you "too much".

р╕Ьр╕бр╕гр╕▒р╕Бр╕Др╕ р╕Ур╕бр╕▓р╕Бр╕бр╕▓р╕ Б

BOY69
July 30th, 2015, 22:12
The only non'money boys I met in Thailand are the ones who were just freinds and there was no sex with them involved , sometimes I met cunning boys that declared "for you free" or "I like you, no money "
And after one or two happy ending free of charge night if you are interesting in more serious relationship with them the money issue will pop up eventually in the future, even if you meet a genuine honest boy his family and freinds will interfere and advise him how sucker he is going with you for free and ruined the relationship... :(

Mancs
July 31st, 2015, 03:46
When I meet a man who declares on his gay romeo profile that he is not a moneyboy I certainly don't offer any cash afterwards. My ego needs an occasional free sex session.

goji
July 31st, 2015, 06:15
He kept confirming he was, then later on in the convo proceeds to say he'd like me to buy him an iPhone.
That's where the conversation should end. Immediately.
Only the deluded or hopelessly optimistic would expect someone they have never met to spend that kind of money on them.
Why take the trouble dealing with people like that when there are other more reasonable people around?

Also, if they want a commercial transaction, it needs to be at market rates.

cdnmatt
July 31st, 2015, 11:36
Why take the trouble dealing with people like that when there are other more reasonable people around?

Ohhh, there's loads of great guys, but majority are looking for an actual boyfriend, whereas I'm not in the market for a relationship. Just a casual hook up once in a while. Free preferably of course, but if they want some money, that's fine with me too.

Conversation usually ends when I tell them we have to goto a hotel, because they can't come to my house until we get to know each other a bit. Sorry, but after Kim I'm pretty careful. I totally understand how that would come off as quite offensive though.

I'm assuming here is basically the opposite of places like Pattaya. In Pattaya, you just go under the assumption they're a money boy, whereas here by default you assume they're not. I'm sure most of the guys I talk with on GR would be quite offended if I began offering money or asking "how much?". heh. That, and here you need to know how to write in Thai, as English is pretty sparse. Sometimes you get a guy who wants to practice his English though.

Dodger
July 31st, 2015, 15:37
cdnmatt wrote:

Conversation usually ends when I tell them we have to goto a hotel, because they can't come to my house until we get to know each other a bit. Sorry, but after Kim I'm pretty careful. I totally understand how that would come off as quite offensive though.

Actually I don't think a boy you're hooking up with on a sex date with would be offended at all. He would just think that you had another boy in your life (thus, the reason for concealing your home) which probably wouldn't matter to him at all. If in fact you're pretending that you are interested in hooking up with a nice guy who isn't just looking for a short time sex date and then suggesting that you meet at a hotel somewhere - you are in fact telling him that you are trying to take advantage of him and just interested in cheap (or free) sex, which is most likely the reason why your conversations with these guys usually end.

One of the tough realities we face is that evan when you hook up with a genuinely nice guy who is fairly low maintenance when it comes to financial assistence - the family gets involved. And as we all know, in Thai cultute, right or wrong, the children are responsible for providing financial support to their MoneyMoms going forward in life above all. To avoid this would result in a total loss of face. I've known many gay Thai boys who have sacrificed opportunities to have relationships (other than casual sex) with other Thai boys evan when they are madly in love with them due to this factor. The guy they would really prefer spending their life with simply can't support this ingrained obligation to MoneyMom in the long term. If it weren't for this factor it would be a rare event where a 20 y/o Thai boy would be going to bed with a 50 y/o farang from Neptune.

christianpfc
July 31st, 2015, 16:16
Can you share the actual conversation you and your friend had with the boy (personal details edited out)?

cdnmatt
July 31st, 2015, 17:00
This isn't the full conversation, but it's what I have in Skype logs. The rest happened on GR. I know what you're searching for, but you're wrong. Would explain myself better, but it's personal, and I don't know if I can trust you to keep it private. I'll be sick again shortly -- watch, you'll see me disappear from SGT again for a few days starting probably tomorrow or the day after.

EDIT: Yeah, I'm aware he's saying р╕Йр╕▒р╕Щ, which tells me ladyboy, or at least one in the making. That's why I was asking if he's ok or not -- I got the impression he was struggling with the fact he wants to be a woman.

[8:17:35 AM] Me: There you are. р╕кр╕зр╕▒р╕кр╕Фр╕╡р╕ р╕гр╕▒р╕Ъ
[8:17:46 AM] Him: р╕Др╕гр╕▒р╕Ъ
[8:19:10 AM] Me: р╕лр╕▓р╕нр╕░р╣Др╕гр╕ р╕гр╕▒р╕Ъ
[8:19:35 AM] Him: р╕лр╕▓р╣Бр╕Яр╕Щр╕Др╕ р╕Ъ
[8:19:41 AM] Him: р╕Др╕╕р╕Ур╕ер╣Ир╕░
[8:21:01 AM] Me: р╣Ар╕гр╕▓р╕Юр╕Ър╕Бр╕ р╕Щр╣Др╕лр╕б
[8:21:18 AM] Him: р╕Чр╕╡р╣Ир╣Др╕лр╕Щр╕Д р╕гр╕▒р╕Ъ
[8:23:02 AM] Me: р╣Др╕бр╣Ир╕гр╕╣р╣И р╕Др╕╕р╕Ур╕гр╕╣р╣И [landmark close to my house] р╣Др╕лр╕б
[8:23:45 AM] Him: р╣Др╕Ыр╕Чр╕│р╣Др╕гр╕Д р╕гр╕▒р╕Ъ
[8:23:51 AM] Him: р╕Вр╕нр╕Щр╣Бр╕Бр╣Ир╕Щ ╕лр╕гр╕нр╕Др╕гр╕▒р╕Ъ
[8:25:37 AM] Me: No, I'm not a bad person, if that's what you're asking. :)
[8:32:31 AM] Him: р╕Вр╕н
[8:35:29 AM] Him: You like me
[8:44:19 AM] Missed call from Him
[8:47:58 AM] Me: Sorry, I'm back.
[8:48:17 AM] Him: You like me
[8:49:14 AM] Me: р╕Ьр╕бр╕нр╕▓р╕Ър╕Щр╣Й р╕│р╣Гр╕лр╣Йр╕лр╕бр╕
[8:49:30 AM] Him: р╕Кр╣Ир╕зр╕вр╣Др╕лр╕б
[8:50:41 AM] Me: р╣Гр╕Кр╣Ир╕Ьр╕бр╕Кр╕н ╕Ър╕Др╕╕р╕У
[8:50:55 AM] Him: р╕бр╕▓р╕лр╕▓р╕Йр╕▒р╕ Щр╕кр╕┤
[8:51:23 AM] Me: р╣Ар╕Ыр╣Зр╕Щр╕нр╕░р╣Д р╕гр╕Др╕гр╕▒р╕Ъ
[8:54:37 AM] Me: р╕Др╕╕р╕Ур╕нр╕вр╕▓р╕ р╕Юр╕Ър╕Бр╕▒р╕Щр╣Др╕ р╕б
[8:54:43 AM] Him: р╣Ар╕Ыр╕ер╣Ир╕▓р╣Ж
[8:54:51 AM] Him: р╕нр╕вр╕▓р╕Бр╕Юр╕Ър╕Д р╕гр╕▒р╕Ъ
[8:57:37 AM] Me: р╕Чр╕╡р╣Ир╣Др╕лр╕Щ
[8:57:51 AM] Him: р╕Вр╕нр╕Щр╣Бр╕Бр╣Ир╕Щ
[8:58:03 AM] Me: 555:)
[8:58:10 AM] Him: р╕бр╕▓р╣Др╕лр╕б
[8:59:55 AM] Me: р╕Ьр╕бр╕нр╕вр╕╣ р╕Вр╕нр╕Щр╣Бр╕Бр╣Ир╕Щ р╕бр╕╡р╕Ър╣Йр╕▓р╕Щр╣ р╕Бр╕ер╣Й [landmark]
[9:00:21 AM] Him: р╕Йр╕▒р╕Щр╕кр╕▓р╕бр╕ р╕гр╕Цр╣Др╕Ыр╣Др╕Фр╣ р╣Др╕лр╕б
[9:03:41 AM] Me: р╣Др╕Фр╣Й8iy[
[9:03:59 AM] Me: р╣Др╕Фр╕▒р╣Йр╕Др╕гр╕ р╕Ъ
[9:03:59 AM] Missed call from Him.
[9:04:18 AM] Call to Him, no answer.
[9:04:22 AM] Him: р╕бр╕▓р╕гр╕▒р╕Ър╕Йр╕ р╕Щр╣Др╕Фр╣Йр╣Др╕лр╕
[9:04:48 AM] Me: р╣Др╕Фр╕▒р╣Йр╕Др╕гр╕ р╕Ъ
[9:06:50 AM] Me: р╕Ьр╕бр╕Др╕┤р╕Фр╕зр╣И р╕▓р╕Др╕╕р╕Ур╣Ар╕Ир╣ р╕Ър╣Гр╕Ир╕бр╕▓р╕Б
[9:06:56 AM] Me: Are you ok?
[9:07:43 AM] Him: р╕Ир╕гр╕┤р╕З
[9:07:43 AM] Him: р╕зр╕▒р╕Щр╣Др╕лр╕Щр╕Ф р╕╡р╕Др╕гр╕▒р╕Ъ
[9:07:53 AM] Him: Ok
[9:10:15 AM] Me: р╕зр╕▒р╕Щр╕Щр╕╡р╣Йр╕ р╕╡р╕Др╕гр╕▒р╕Ъ
[9:11:11 AM] Him: р╕Йр╕▒р╕Щр╕нр╕вр╕╣р╣ р╕Ър╣Йр╕▓р╕Щ
[9:11:15 AM] Him: р╕нр╕вр╕╣р╣Ир╕бр╕лр╕ р╕кр╕▓р╕гр╕Др╕▓р╕б
[9:14:31 AM] Me: р╕Вр╕нр╣Вр╕Чр╕й р╣Др╕бр╣Ир╣Ар╕Вр╣Йр╕▓ р╣Гр╕И
[9:15:16 AM] Me: Language barrier is a bitch, isn't it? :)
[9:16:52 AM] Him: Tonight
[9:16:58 AM] Him: р╕бр╕▓р╕гр╕▒р╕Ър╕Йр╕ р╕Щ
[9:17:34 AM] Me: ok
[9:17:57 AM] Me: р╕Чр╕╡р╣Ир╣Др╕лр╕Щ
[9:18:49 AM] Him: р╕бр╕лр╕▓р╕зр╕┤р╕Чр╕ р╕▓р╕ер╕▒р╕вр╕ар╕▓р Др╕Хр╕░р╕зр╕▒р╕Щр╕нр нр╕Бр╣Ар╕Йр╕╡р╕вр╕Зр Ар╕лр╕Щр╕╖р╕н
[9:21:31 AM] Me: р╕Чр╕│р╣Др╕бр╣Ар╕гр╕ р╣Др╕бр╣Ир╕Юр╕Ър╕Хр╕н р╕Щр╕Щр╕╡р╣Й
[9:21:52 AM] Him: р╕Йр╕▒р╕Щр╕нр╕вр╕╣р╣ р╕Бр╕▒р╕Ър╕Др╕гр╕нр╕ р╕Др╕гр╕▒р╕зр╕Хр╕нр╕ р╕Щр╕╡р╣Й
[9:23:47 AM] Me: р╕Др╕гр╕▒р╕Ъ
[9:25:20 AM] Him: р╕зр╣Ир╕▓р╕Зр╕лр╕гр╕н р╕Хр╕нр╕Щр╕Щр╕╡р╣Й
[9:26:46 AM] Me: р╕нр╕Хр╕нр╕Щр╕Щр╕╡р╣Й
[9:27:08 AM] Him: р╣Др╕Ыр╣Ар╕Чр╕╡р╣Ир╕в р╕зр╕Бр╕▒р╕Щр╣Др╕лр╕б
[9:27:31 AM] Me: р╣Др╕Фр╕▒
[9:27:48 AM] Me: р╕Чр╕╡р╣Ир╣Др╕лр╕Щ
[9:28:08 AM] Him: р╣Др╕бр╣Ир╕бр╕╡р╣Ар╕З р╕┤р╕Щр╕Щр╕░5555
[9:28:54 AM] Me: р╣Др╕бр╣Ир╕бр╕╡р╕Ыр╕ р╕Нр╕лр╕▓ р╕Ьр╕бр╕бр╕╡
[9:29:20 AM] Him: р╕Ир╕░р╕Лр╕╖р╣Йр╕нр╕ р╕▒р╕вр╣Гр╕лр╣Йр╕лр╕ р╕н
[9:29:27 AM] Him: 55555
[9:31:06 AM] Me: Yeah, maybe.
[9:31:45 AM] Him: :(
[9:31:56 AM] Me: р╣Ар╕нр╕▓р╕нр╕░р╣Др╕
[9:32:29 AM] Him: р╣Др╕нр╣Вр╕Яр╕Щ
[9:33:16 AM] Me: heh, an iPhone?
[9:33:21 AM] Me: 555
[9:33:47 AM] Him: р╣Др╕Фр╣Йр╣Др╕лр╕б
[9:37:20 AM] Me: How about 1500 baht? That's at least close to getting you an iPhone.
[9:40:36 AM] Him: р╕Хр╕╕р╣Кр╕Бр╕Хр╕▓р╕ р╣Зр╣Др╕Фр╣Й
[9:43:12 AM] Me: ok
[9:44:51 AM] Him: р╕Ир╕гр╕┤р╕З
[9:48:31 AM] Me: р╕Вр╕нр╣Вр╕Чр╕йр╕Ьр╕б ╣Др╕бр╣Ир╣Ар╕Вр╣Йр╕▓ ╣Гр╕И -- р╕Др╕╕р╕Ур╕нр╕вр╕▓р╕ р╕Юр╕Ър╕Бр╕▒р╕Щр╣Др╕ р╕б
[9:58:37 AM] Me: I guess not. р╕вр╕┤р╕Щр╕Фр╕╡р╕Др╕ р╕▒р╕Ъ
[10:14:13 AM] Him: р╣Др╕Ыр╣Др╕лр╕Щр╕Фр╕╡ р╕Др╕гр╕▒р╕Ъ
[10:33:49 AM] Me: ???
[10:36:17 AM] Him: р╕Ир╕░р╣Др╕Ыр╣Др╕лр╕Щ
[10:37:37 AM] Me: р╕Др╕╕р╕Ур╕гр╕╣р╣Й [landmark[ р╣Др╕лр╕б
[10:38:21 AM] Him: р╣Др╕бр╣И
[10:38:27 AM] Him: р╕Др╕╕р╕Ур╕Ир╕░р╣Др╕ р╕Лр╕╖р╣Йр╕нр╕нр╕░р╣ Др╕г
[10:39:34 AM] Him: You've received a new picture. View it at: [URL]
[10:45:57 AM] Me: р╕Ир╕░р╣Др╕бр╣Ир╕Лр╕ р╣Йр╕н р╕Ьр╕бр╕бр╕╡р╕Ър╣Йр╕ р╕Щр╣Гр╕Бр╕ер╣Й [landmark]
[10:55:15 AM] Him: р╕Ир╕░р╣Гр╕лр╣Йр╣Др╕Ы р╕лр╕▓р╕лр╕гр╕нр╕Др╕г р╕▒р╕Ъ

Dodger
July 31st, 2015, 17:50
Matt...

Suggestion:

If your up in rural Isaan (I assume you are) you can enjoy ST sex with a local farm boy for a bottle of Thai moonshine or <1,000 baht with a GayRomeo moneyboy if he's confined to the same rural area. The minute you interact with a boy (any boy) who brings up the subject of money before you've even met you should hit the delete button and move on to the next. If you're the one who brings up the subject of money you've just screwed up a potental opportunity to meet someone who may have been genuine.

I'm suprised with your experience that you haven't been able to link up with a few gay boys from your village or at least a neighboring village for some casual sex play. Get away from the keyboard and just hang around some of the local night markets, karaoke's, 7/11's, internet shops, swimming holes, etc. and you'll be surprised at the opportunities. It's been my experince that when you show a country boy (gay or str8) a good time and stuff 500 baht in his jeans pocket when the night's over he'll want to see you again - any time.

I could be wrong, but it appears as if you're trying to play a game with them and not aware of the fact that they wrote the playbook. Just be honest...go out and mingle with the natives...and don't " think so much" about how much it's going to cost you. 500 baht to a farm boy is the same as 2,000 baht to a gogo boy working in Pattaya.

cdnmatt
July 31st, 2015, 21:36
No, no... by no means am I manipulative, hence why it's still just me and my hand. :-) If I was manipulative, that would make this whole thing easier, but I'm not.

It's bit of a pain here. You get shit like this, "I have a sincere fan I can care for I love my family (i like foreigners)". Not quite confident what that's supposed to mean. Would be easier if they just wrote Thai, versus giving English a go, hence why I constantly switch the language back to Thai on them. :-)

Dodger
August 1st, 2015, 03:48
I was having the same problem and then starting a cut n' paste routine where I would take simple Thai phrases I find on-line and insert them into my messages.

I started doing this with the last guy I linked up with via GR and it led to him inserting English phrases in the same manner. Then after a week or two of communicating this way I had the brilliant idea that I should just ask him if he speaks any English. His response was; "Yes, very good English. I immediately asked for his phone number and we ended up talking on the phone every Saturday for the next two months. We ended up shacking up together for two consecutive holidays (spanning 6 months) and it was well worth the effort.

A very useful Thai phrase I use all the time is...Poot pasaat Thai nit noy (I only speak a little Thai).

GIve your hand a rest...go out and chase the natives...you sound like a good guy so you will find plenty of fun opportunities.

loke
August 1st, 2015, 16:14
Question_ When is moneyboy not a moneyboy ?

When youre running out of money and have to tell the boy we will have sex but dont expect a tip.

christianpfc
August 1st, 2015, 22:20
My question was directed at bucky, but nonetheless thanks to cdnmatt for sharing. I had similar conversations.

And particular thanks to Dodger, what you write sounds very reasonable, but I spend on average two nights in a town when I travel, hence I can't put it into action.

You are in Khon Kaen and he is in Mahasarakam? A bit far to hop on a mocy for a quick visit.

When "I have no money" pops up, I avoid numbers, just say "I invite you" р╕Ьр╕бр╣Ар╕ер╕╡р╣Йр╕в р╕Зр╕Др╕╕р╕Щ (correct spelling is р╕Др╕╕р╕У, but understandable and quicker to type, same with р╕лр╕вр╕╣р╣И and р╕вр╕╕. My favorite is р╕Зр╕З ngong which means "confused" but is much quicker to type than р╣Др╕бр╣Ир╣Ар╕Вр╣Йр╕▓ р╣Гр╕И mai kao jai "I don't understand").