View Full Version : Jomtien Complex to close and made into a Walking Street

lonelywombat
July 24th, 2015, 17:44
It seems to have been confirmed that Jomtien complex will be converted to a walking street, for a week maybe more from next week.

I am not sure of what the motives are but it seems good thinking.

Until now I did not know there was a local business association[ maybe that is an compliment]

From the time Monty was there I have always suggested the street be used to celebrate Oberhaus [oops is this the correct spelling?] in October.

Maybe now a chance.

thaiguest
July 24th, 2015, 19:04
Phew!
Tok JAI.
You mean closed to TRAFFIC of course.

Smiles
July 24th, 2015, 20:10
Yes, Lonely has an, er, interesting way with words: " ... converted to a Walking Street ... "
Well, let's just say that Jomtien Complex was always pretty much a Walking Street anyway with a few cars and rather a lot of motorbikes. It's not like one needs to dive out of the way of an on-coming phalanx of automobiles, buses, and wombatmobiles.
Only The Lonely strikes again (music accompaniment by Mr Roy Orbison).

lonelywombat
July 25th, 2015, 06:11
smiles high on dope again,still. always willing to snipe at others.

quote from email

This is just a brief news to tell you that 'JOMTIEN COMPLEX' have decided to make our Soi where the restaurant is situated a 'WALKING STREET' for the next week or so.this may be a good idea or maybe not.

the jury is out on that one, but it could mean bad news for our disabled customers who arrive by car.

So we have talked to 'the management' and explained that problem,, and the answer is to tell whatever security there is at the end of the soi that you intend to dine at YUPINS and to please let you pass.

IF there is no one there around the little barrier I suggest your driver gets out and moves it, putting it back afterwards.