View Full Version : Kevin Quills reply to the "sale of Throb" Not sold

lonelywombat
June 26th, 2006, 08:32
From todays Pattayagay newsletter

KEVIN OF THROB ADVISES POSSIBLE SALE OF THROB AND SPLASH
IS IN NEGOTIATIONS, "BUT NOT SOLD"
ALSO ADVISES THAT LE CAF├Й ROYALE
IS NOT UP FOR SALE

Kevin Quill, owner of Throb and Splash Nightclub together with the Body Club Massage facility, and the building in which they are located, sent me a message this week following the publication last week of a report that Throb and Splash had been sold, with the wrap up expected sometime within the next month. Kevin wrote:

"I wish you had contacted me before going to print regarding the weekly report of June 18th regarding businesses for sale. It is true I have been approached to sell my business which formulates the Throb and Splash show bars, The Body Club and the new wing of Le Caf├й Royale. An offer has been made and we are in negotiations at the moment.

"I did this, because as most people in Pattaya know, I was diagnosed with cancer of the vocal chords in February of this year. This problem, along with my 20 year old son who is severely diabetic and has been in and out of the hospital recently a little too much (on one visit his heart stopped) prompted me to take stock of what is important in my life. These two issues and other matters led me to decide to move on with the balance of my life in a different direction.

"Le Caf├й Royale as you know it is NOT for sale and has not been either advertised or spoken of for sale! In fact, the person who wishes to purchase my properties not only wishes to continue with the agreement (working together with Le Caf├й Royale) but wishes to expand it. Far from being sold, this year there will be additional facilities including new rooms on the Body Club floor and new Suites. The massage facility will remain in a different format.

"The actual property overall will benefit everybody and be more user friendly. The person who wishes to purchase my properties is a UK based businessman and is well known in the gay communities in Bangkok and Pattaya. Furthermore, he is very active, and has been for many years, on the charity front for HIV/AIDS, orphanages, and schools.

"The prospective purchaser has also asked me to remain to oversee the alterations, ensure a smooth changeover to allow his team to get to know the customers (who are very nice people indeed) and to keep the shows flowing as they have been. All of this, we think, will lead to a smooth professional changeover.

"Thong (alias Tina Turner in the show) has taken over the choreography of the shows and the boys are working well together. I see no need for doom and gloom, rather the reverse; an improved facility, new blood, and new and fresh ideas which can only benefit the guests, customers, and ex-pats of Pattaya.

"Finally, the property is sold when contracts are signed and money changes hands. I will not be responding to articles in gossips columns on Sawatdee forum, etc., etc. nor answering any more questions on this subject.

"Best wishes, Kevin Quill" -- end of message[/b]

June 26th, 2006, 08:45
Noi, my maid, has several cousins and other assorted relatives in Pattaya. She assures me that none of them had heard until now, that Khun Kevin had been diagnosed with cancer of the vocal chords. Distressing though that news is, it hadn't reached Noi's family grapevine and, accordingly, the assertion that "most people in Pattaya" know any such thing must be open to doubt

catawampuscat
June 26th, 2006, 09:01
Seems like someone rushed to get out an exclusive and jumped the gun.. but gossip is gossip.. A retraction from our intrepid reporter seems appropriate , don't you think??
I also wonder if Kevin is still his close and dear friend after this incident... Well, he still has georgieboy to gush over his gossip... :cat:

June 26th, 2006, 09:03
DELETED

Gaypattayan
June 26th, 2006, 09:35
Hi, Guys,

Even though Kevin makes clear that Throb Splash has not (yet) been "sold" because negotiations are still underway including a request that he continue on for an indefinite period of time while the alterations adding rooms and changing the layout of Body Club so more hotel rooms will be available for Le Cafe Royale to offer as part of the 'new wing", Kevin leaves little doubt that the sale is "all but" complete -- the final documents have obviously not been signed, and the money has not been paid.

I especially regret the apparent misinformation about Cafe Royale! That they are readying for the expansion of the area they "control" or manage in the Throb-Splash building, is good news indeed. Ian Read and Robbie have run Le Cafe Royale as an outstanding business enterprise -- remarkably few complaints anywhere about the hotel, restaurant or piano bar.

Hopefully, Mick will be playing a larger role in overseeing the piano bar, and that can't hurt. He has a remarkable way with people, and brings out their best efforts. His greater involvement should help ease the burden on Ian and Robbie.

Let's hope that the health issues don't preclude Ian and Robbie from continued operation of the hotel, restaurant and piano bar.

Good luck to Kevin, whether the sale of Throb and Splash goes through or not. It has to be a tremendously valuable property, and if this sale falls through, certainly some other would seem likely to be on the horizon.

Allen (G.P.)

Dodger
June 26th, 2006, 18:05
My best wishes go out to Kevin in these very difficult times.

Kevin informed me of his medical condition last April which I would have never mentioned to anyone else. Keven and I are usually the only two farangs swimming in Monty's pool in the mid-morning hours. For Kevin, it's part of a daily workout routine which I've seen him follow for quite some time. We bacame friends through these brief but consistent meetings and I can only say that I feel terrible about his condition and wish him the best of luck in his recovery.

mai pen rai

June 26th, 2006, 21:23
Lets not forget that kevin is ill and needs our surport not who knew what and when. I have had little to do with kevin just a nod hello and as thank you for my custom at Throb. It will be a difficult time for him and if all some can worry about is who he sold the club to or not does not show much compassion. I for one wish kevin all the best in the future and hope that he is getting all the care he needs.

Jetsam
June 26th, 2006, 22:09
Lets not forget that kevin is ill and needs our surport not who knew what and when. I have had little to do with kevin just a nod hello and as thank you for my custom at Throb. It will be a difficult time for him and if all some can worry about is who he sold the club to or not does not show much compassion. I for one wish kevin all the best in the future and hope that he is getting all the care he needs.

Well said :geek:

June 27th, 2006, 00:36
I am saddened by the news. Over the past few years I have spent many of my happiest hours in Pattaya watching the show. I wish Kevin a speedy recovery and, whatever the future holds for Throb (and I shall continue to patronise the bar) I'd like to express my thanks to him and all the staff.

June 28th, 2006, 03:46
LMTU has shown himself to be totally uninformed, interfeering and stupidly ignorant about basic buziness etiquet. His blabbering on this message board could have jeopardized the deals he's been going on about.
Shame on you LMTU. Next time keep your lip buttoned until you know the facts - which you dont