PDA

View Full Version : Tour Guide

mrb43
July 21st, 2015, 05:16
Planning on travel to Bangkok and Phuket later this year and as it is my first time, I'm looking for a tour guide in both locations.

Already made plans for Woody in Chiang Mai. Be nice to find someone similar in the other 2 cities.

Thanks guys.

bucknaway
July 21st, 2015, 06:42
You can try my friend Poj
http://bangkok.craigslist.co.th/cas/5129762852.html

bkkmfj2648
July 22nd, 2015, 02:19
Here are Woody's contact details uploaded from his information card.
Unfortunately he does not have a web page.

[attachment=0:1k2gy3nq]1437504416641.jpg[/attachment:1k2gy3nq]

BOY69
July 22nd, 2015, 11:56
I don't think you need a guide in Thailand because it's very easy to find the gay area in every place just do your homework in advance and you'll find out how easy is to get by in Thailand, the main gay area's:
Bangkok : Soi Twilight /Surawong
Phuket : Paradise complex/Pathong beach
Chiang May :Chang Peuak area
And the best Pattaya: Boyz Town and Sunee

corky
July 22nd, 2015, 14:26
If I have friends coming to Bangkok I strongly recommend Chai from Khwanchai Tour Service. He's been in the gay tour business for several years, has excellent English skills, very personable and helpful and inexpensive.

http://khwanchaitour.weebly.com/my-service.html

mrb43
July 23rd, 2015, 12:15
Thanks guys....all good stuff.

sexagenerian
July 24th, 2015, 08:59
Greetings everyone from a new member - been using the site for a while and found it very useful

Was in Bangkok in June this year and had a day tour with Ya - he is mentioned on Utopia.
His email contact is :boonyawutdecho@windowslive

I enjoyed a very relaxed great day tour with him - willing to cater to your needs

Forky123
July 28th, 2015, 23:40
Have also spent a couple of days with Ya back in February. Very knowledgeable and a great guide of both the touristy stuff and the gay nightlife. Would recommend him.

thaiguest
July 29th, 2015, 03:59
There's a nasty underbelly to tour guides in Thailand (not evident to the tourist)-kickbacks.
I hired a tuk-tuk for a day in Chiangmai and one of my stops was a pre-arranged visit to a furniture store to make a payment and arrange shipping. The boss (not Thai) was forced to rearrange my visit due to the agressive demands of my driver for 30 % commission on a deal that had NOTHING to do with him.
He explained that every time a customer is introduced a commission MUST BE PAID no matter what type of business is involved.
Thus I'm convinced that guides bring you where they get the highest commission-behind your back of course.