PDA

View Full Version : Gay travel company organizing visits to Thailand no Pattaya

lonelywombat
July 17th, 2015, 10:57
The International gay travel company is organizing trips for gay men to visit Thailand in 2016
I was surprised that Pattaya did not get a mention.
I know it is up to local business owners to ponder ,but below is the offer
There is also a 15 day trip that includes 2 smaller cities but still no Pattaya.
http://www.detourstravel.com/adventures ... 5-day-trip (http://www.detourstravel.com/adventures/thailand-tours/15-day-trip)

Trip Summary 12 day

Our 12-day adventure starts and finishes in the metropolis of Bangkok, the capital city of Thailand and home to AsiaтАЩs best food, nightlife, and shopping. The majority of this incredible trip will be spent on the islands and beaches of Southern Thailand. Below is a brief itinerary of our stops, but for detailed info and available activities check out the links to the left.

Days 1 and 2 - BANGKOK

Most travelers will arrive in Bangkok on day one and head to our meeting spot for our 4pm start of our adventure on this day. This time in Bangkok is a great introduction to the incredible country of Thailand. During these couple days, we'll really get to know the city by checking out Bangkok's highlights using local tuk-tuks, boats, and trains. On our second day, we'll take a guided day-trip around the city visiting Wat Pho, Wat Arun, and more. At night we'll head down the street to check out Silom's famous night market and very lively gay scene. Bangkok is world famous for many reasons and never disappoints her visitors.

Days 3 and 4 - KOH PHANGAN

On day 3 we fly to southern Thailand and boat to Koh Phangan, an idyllic island paradise surrounded by white sand beaches and the perfectly blue waters of the Gulf of Thailand. Koh Phangan offers dense jungles for hikers, beaches for sun-worshippers, and plenty of opportunity to shop, eat, and meet people from all around the world. Stay on land, or jump in the water for some snorkeling, or SCUBA diving fun.

Days 5, 6, and 7 - KOH SAMUI

Koh Samui is only a 1 hour boat ride from Phangan and is the island that тАЬhas it allтАЭ. Including bungee jumping, zip-lining, stunning beaches, and even an amazing nightly drag show, this is an island paradise that never fails to amaze. We've got enough time here to really immerse ourselves in island life. Feel free to get active on Samui or swing away the day in a sun-kissed hammock.

Days 8, 9 and 10 - PHUKET

On day 8 we travel overland to Phuket, stopping along the way to check out the scenery, the people, and the animals of the inland areas. We stop to have lunch with our Thai "family" who are always excited to show our groups their local area. Phuket brings you the amazing west coast of Thailand, an area full of huge limestone cliffs rising from white-sand beaches and endless adventures that keeps that travel bug of yours very happy. ItтАЩs here youтАЩll find opportunities to SCUBA dive, feed wild monkeys, island hop, or get some sun on the local gay beach by day while socializing with people from all over the planet by night.

Day 11 and 12 - BANGKOK

Back to Bangkok! But this time we stay in the Khao San Road area of town to give you an opportunity to see a completely different side of Bangkok. The Khao San Road area is the famous backpackers hangout, full of street food, stalls and peddlers. This is an easy place to stock up on some new outfits or some souvenirs for your boyfriend/mother/bff before you head back to airport on day 12 and wave a goodbye-for-now to Thailand and your new crew of friends. All travelers are welcome to book their flights departing from Thailand at any time on the 12th day.

Click on the destinations to the left for a full description of what you'll experience on your 12-day trip.

*Note that the order of stops and duration at each location are subject to change.

loke
July 17th, 2015, 13:02
I never liked these package tours , if you want to experience gay thailand then do it yourself. Maybe this trip is more suited for gay couples than solo travellers.

corky
July 17th, 2015, 13:36
Could it be that the travel company doesn't want a plethora of complaints from their tour group about: muggings, rip-offs, jet ski scams, overpricing, katoeys, necklace snatching, stray dogs, under-aged whores, drugs, baht bus scams, falling off balconys, gambling, jellyfish, pollution, fake goods etc. etc. ?

lonelywombat
July 17th, 2015, 14:06
corky that is why they are spending 3 days in Phuket and Koh Samui

ROTHLMAO

Up2U
July 17th, 2015, 15:52
If you look at the itinerary it is geared towards younger gay guys who enjoy water sports (did I type that?) and not necessarily into the bar scene. I can't remember the last time I was on Kao San Rd. Pattaya is for old farts like me.

lonelywombat
July 17th, 2015, 18:34
I can remember many years ago a German or Dutch company bringing tourists to Pattaya and staying at the Cafe Royale.

Also there were the gay golf trips also staying at the Cafe Royale

Pity when the partners and robbie 2 died the past seemed to go with them.

marti
July 17th, 2015, 18:42
There was a time when I thought Pattaya was a place to stay away from. Over the years I have changed my ideas and feel it to be a good place to hang out. As for Phuket, I only wish that place on my worse enemies. So, I would say this tour company has made some bad choices of places to visit. Unfortunately, I find more and more people bad-mouthing Pattaya.

egel
July 18th, 2015, 00:46
There is also a 15 day trip that includes 2 smaller cities but still no Pattaya.

Probably because its not a "fucking" holiday!

lonelywombat
July 18th, 2015, 08:20

Probably because its not a "fucking" holiday!

I agree with your comment but perhaps from a different point of view. When reading the outline it seemed like a straight person arranging tours for gay people.

I wondered if he had even been here and whether he was writing his tour description like a former regular poster,from other peoples websites.

The German trips were in fact sexual trips with daylight activities , gay night time and then the CAfe Royale's all night bar which used to attract boys from other bars when they closed. In my younger days I was overwhelmed by some of the boys. Very attractive and eager and others that were thirsty and a tease.
The short time rooms were available to those not living in.