PDA

View Full Version : Quality condo for sale

jvt22222
July 8th, 2015, 12:34
A friend who lives outside the country has asked that I post here that he has for sale a quality 64 sq m condo on the top floor (15th) of View Talay #1A -- priced reduced to move quickly тАж marble floors, great northward view, full kitchen. If interested, you can contact me by Private Message to arrange a viewing or for additional information with photographs.

oldfarang
July 8th, 2015, 17:01
Having stayed many holidays at View Talay 1, I can say it is a nice condominium to live. It has a nice pool in between the 2 buildings A and B.
The A block is about 20 years old, but it always has been kept in good standards and overtime many improvements have been made.
A block even now has an ATM machine outside the lobby/entrance.

What I always liked most about View Talay 1 is the convenience you get from having on the ground floor everything you need.
From local small mom/pap supermarket (little overcharge) to several good restaurants/bar at very fair prices. 150-250 a meal for decent food. Some are open early for breakfast also. Laundry service, hairdressers and Thai massage (no happy ending).
There is even a Pizzeria (Pizza 2000) on the B-block, with good pizza's running from 180-260 baht.

Many longterm farangs (many English [speaking]) live there, many are also gay and the area/bars is gay friendly. I sat many times in any bar with my BF and met overtime many nice people. I still go there many times just for an afternoon or evening drink in some of my favorite bars and with friends/acquaintances who live there.

The local VT bars close at about midnight, therefore no noise, but even during the day or evening time hardly any noise, just local VT-ers have drinks.
Average beer prices are 50/55 baht a small bottle.

Not sure which side is the north side, but since it is the top floor, it does not really matter. The sea side has a nice breeze. The other side has the afternoon sun mostly and can get hot. Very small balconies, almost a waste of space. A small table with 2 chairs is all it can fit.

There are security camera's on every floor and the whole place is rigged with WiFi (rather expensive, so get TOT or something when not on holiday)
Many bars offer free WiFi also.

Just around the corner is the 24 hour FoodMart farang orientated. All is about 5-10 baht more expensive then elsewhere, but the convenience will make you shop there.

24 hour Taxi bikes just outside and Baht buses drive constant between Jomtien and center town, along Thappraya Road.

64 sq m condo means that 2 condo's have been put together.

If I was buying something (I am not) View Talay 1, double condo would be in my Top 5 list of places.

Guess this little ad addon put the price a bit up, any commission coming my way? =))

Up2U
July 8th, 2015, 18:09
My question for this condo or any condo would be, is it in the 49% threshold for foreign ownership?

thaiguest
July 8th, 2015, 18:15
A constant topic in the straight bars of Chomtien Complex is the ruination of the place by the gays or so says my mixed up friend who sits in the Fantasy bar and also privately fancies ladyboys.

Certainly the homophobic barometer has fallen since the 7-eleven-beer guzzling russians have returned home-hopefully for a long time.

Re your friend selling his condo-good luck with it.

But the Thai elephant in room is the collapse of Pattaya property values.

oldfarang
July 8th, 2015, 18:26
View Talay 1 has nothing to do with (Ch)Jomtien Complex, is I guess about 500 meters apart. There are some Russian now also staying there same as everywhere, but just a few holiday families and the only time you see them is when they go out or come in to VT.

thaiguest
July 8th, 2015, 18:34
View Talay 1 has nothing to do with (Ch)Jomtien Complex, is I guess about 500 meters apart. There are some Russian now also staying there same as everywhere, but just a few holiday families and the only time you see them is when they go out or come in to VT.

The nearest recreation district to V T 1&2 is Jomtien Complex.
I'm glad to see the back of the "7 eleven beer-guzzling Russians" not all Russians.

oldfarang
July 8th, 2015, 18:49
Sunee is just 5 minutes away on a bike if you take the "back" entrance towards (Marina) or maybe that is the main entrance. Just turn right under the overpass and then the first left small Soi, right and left again and you are in Sunee.

thaiguest
July 9th, 2015, 01:56
Sunee is just 5 minutes away on a bike if you take the "back" entrance towards (Marina) or maybe that is the main entrance. Just turn right under the overpass and then the first left small Soi, right and left again and you are in Sunee.

Take a left at the overpass, do a u-turn right as per traffic direction , proceed to opposite the VC hotel and you're in walking street in 2 minutes by taking any left -SO WHAT?

oldfarang
July 9th, 2015, 02:20
Take a left at the overpass, do a u-turn right as per traffic direction , proceed to opposite the VC hotel and you're in walking street in 2 minutes by taking any left =;

Useful information for any bi or straight farangs reading here and might be interested in the condo

bucknaway
July 9th, 2015, 03:47
No price, no pictures and no useful information, is this for real?

July 9th, 2015, 06:12
No price, no pictures and no useful information, is this for real?
Really Bucky!! This Is Thailand. Get with the program. A friend of mine who lives in a large condo property in Bangkok points to the number of properties listed on ddproperty.com by "professional" real estate agents that from their photos and the narrations are clearly for completely different Condo properties several kilometres distant

oldfarang
July 9th, 2015, 07:49
Here we go again or more specific Mr. Kommentariat (sounds Russian) has lost the plot again in the 2 above posts of him.
Quoting lines that are not mentioned in any of the above posts and responding to a quote that has nothing to do with it (only the first part maybe
"
Really Bucky!! This Is Thailand. Get with the program."

He seems to love to make U-turns, left and right turns, fly to the next Galaxy as long as he can write something negative, preferably off-topic.

Well guess that keeps any forum alive and kicking, useless posters like him.

I know really off-topic now, might as well give him some bait to hook his gapping month in.
Just hope I past the English grammar police also. :AR!

Surfcrest
July 9th, 2015, 16:13
I thought of splitting this topic, but then the side bar that started with "face down Russians" didn't really add up to anything so I just deleted it.

I would think that if you're interested in buying something in Thailand, finding out about it before it went on the market would be the most cost effective for so many reasons. I've seen so many property owners about to sell, start renovations to make the property more marketable only for the new owner to come in and rip that out and put in their own personalization...whether that's decorating or appliances..etc. That's all non-value add-on to the sale price as would whatever fees you don't really need to pay.

Surfcrest

oldfarang
July 23rd, 2015, 04:17
Thank you boss,

Been away for a while, just came back to the internet today. Glad you a deleted the Russian posts, had nothing to do with it.

Good luck to the seller, at least the lower Thai baht might help a little