PDA

View Full Version : Sunee Plaza Sidebar discssion from Funeral Rites

lonelywombat
June 27th, 2015, 07:26
I do not know Colin by name .I see his wake is at Colonial.
Could we have some more detail if possible.

Smiles
June 27th, 2015, 07:46
You don't know him, and the OP gives all necessary details: time, date, venue. What more could you want?
About the "I don't know him" . . . so why would you even go?

lonelywombat
June 27th, 2015, 09:14
As a regular at Colonial I probably have more than a slight chance of knowing him
We cannot all be on dope all the time

Manforallseasons
June 27th, 2015, 11:36
You don't know him, and the OP gives all necessary details: time, date, venue. What more could you want?

Obvious answer, to eat and drink for free!

lonelywombat
June 27th, 2015, 13:30

MOAS Obviously you do not know me . I am not a free loader and pay my own way . I also do not fall off motorbikes when drunk.

The link to gaybutton gave me the answer, we have met in the past at Montys

Manforallseasons
June 27th, 2015, 15:08
[]

MOAS Obviously you do not know me .

Yes, I am greatful for small things!

Manforallseasons
June 29th, 2015, 01:37
Lonely you've taken upon yourself to be the director of everything concerning the arrangements why don't you answer "oldfarangs" questions".

lonelywombat
June 29th, 2015, 20:05
Yes I knew Monty from his original bar in Sunee in mid nineties. I think Eldorado or Jasmine might be there, I never go down that soi.

I enjoyed the old La Cage . I did go to a few but not many of the Bangkok visits. La Cage/Colonial has always been a favourite bar and even recently I asked why on the dead nights maybe they presented some classical music as an alternative. I was told there was a levy on music played in the bar, which I did not understand.
The owner mentioned 40,000 baht?????

With the music in all bars I have always contended the music played suits the bar staff and not the visitors

I also feel the same way with the venues. The music they play leave me for dead. I wonder how many others feel no connection with the tracks played.

The main reason I stop going is the music is all too new for me.f

lukylok
June 30th, 2015, 00:56
The reason for the music in the bars is very simple and very thai.
Like everywhere else there is money to pay for copyright for public music.
The thai part : foreign pop is cheaper than thai music, which is very expensive.
I never inquired about classical.

Smiles
June 30th, 2015, 03:45
" ... I also feel the same way with the venues. The music they play leave me for dead. I wonder how many others feel no connection with the tracks played. The main reason I stop going is the music is all too new for me ... "
I believe many of the bars stopped playing '(I'm bending over) The White Cliffs of Dover' in or around 1972. A lot of the bars get their music via You Tube ... so you can make requests.

[youtube:byelimvq]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5aeClRY4kA[/youtube:byelimvq]

If I'm not mistaken that's Lonely Wombat (third gent on the right) pictured in the adoring crowd scene. Oliver is next to you, leering.

thaiguest
July 1st, 2015, 16:14

You're not suggesting that LW is a creature that eats shoots and roots and leaves without paying?

bkkguy
July 1st, 2015, 20:16
You're not suggesting that LW is a creature that eats shoots and roots and leaves without paying?

if you are going to engage in amphibology about pandas traditionally it is "eats shoots and leaves", for wombats - whether they are paying or not, and unless they are suffering from very advanced premature ejaculation - it has to be "eats roots shoots and leaves" else it just does not make sense regardless of the supposed ambiguity

there is of course a delicious irony about a grammar nazi picking on the order of the words rather than the punctuation, or lack of, in this particular grammatical construct given its origins!

bkkguy

thaiguest
July 2nd, 2015, 08:43
A harmless piece of anthromorphic innuendo to counter the blunt assertion by MFAS vis a vis LW. By all accounts both are gentlemen of the highest order in real life.

thaiguest
July 2nd, 2015, 09:42
I suspect that lonelywombat may be Australian for an obvious reason.
Re MFAS I'm not sure. He has good taste in motorbikes and dogs.
At the moment I'm told he's possessed of a small pugnosed dog with big ears looking very like a cross between an English bulldog and a bat. Given that there's no such place as "Batland" perhaps MFAS is an English gentleman?

newalaan2
July 2nd, 2015, 15:20
At the moment I'm told he's possessed
This would certainly answer a lot of questions surrounding MFAS.

with big ears looking very like a cross between an English bulldog and a bat
Is this MFAS you are referring to or the dog?

Because that's funny, by coincidence I came across a farang with a mongrel/mutt last week while sitting in Double Shot with my bf. He was nursing a drink opposite at One bar glued to his seat. We thought they could certainly have won a prize if they entered a dog-which-looks-like-their-owner competition. Although the mutt was a bit of a mongrel it appeared to have more of a pedigree than the owner! who was so glued to his seat couldn't even get up to take the poor thing 'walkies' for a pee, preferring instead to dispatch a waiter to take the mutt a whole 5 feet into the soi to have a piss in front of all the patrons at the various bars....how very Lo-So! I take it the dog is one of these lap dog types, it would have been no surprise to see the owner scoop the thing up and into one of those designer handbags some queens can be seen carting them around in.

I doubt the gentleman I witnessed was an English MFAS, as his booming voice was clearly of North American origin. But if it was MFAS......does he manage to visit more than one bar per night? We were in Double Shot bar for a good while, moved to Sky Bar, finished drinks there and he was still glued to his seat. Maybe this is the position our roving reporter collects all his 'on the spot' 'updated' sunee plaza gossip/data from.

thaiguest
July 2nd, 2015, 23:34

Because that's funny, by coincidence I came across a farang with a mongrel/mutt last week while sitting in Double Shot with my bf. He was nursing a drink opposite at One bar glued to his seat. We thought they could certainly have won a prize if they entered a dog-which-looks-like-their-owner competition. Although the mutt was a bit of a mongrel it appeared to have more of a pedigree than the owner! who was so glued to his seat couldn't even get up to take the poor thing 'walkies' for a pee, preferring instead to dispatch a waiter to take the mutt a whole 5 feet into the soi to have a piss in front of all the patrons at the various bars....how very Lo-So! I take it the dog is one of these lap dog types, it would have been no surprise to see the owner scoop the thing up and into one of those designer handbags some queens can be seen carting them around in.

I doubt the gentleman I witnessed was an English MFAS, as his booming voice was clearly of North American origin. But if it was MFAS......does he manage to visit more than one bar per night? We were in Double Shot bar for a good while, moved to Sky Bar, finished drinks there and he was still glued to his seat. Maybe this is the position our roving reporter collects all his 'on the spot' 'updated' sunee plaza gossip/data from.
You're unkindly chopping up my post to fit another agenda perhaps- as in "he's possessed "when all and sundry know I said "he's possessed of a dog.." My reason for posting is simple; I would love to know more about both gentlemen in question as their respective respectable reputations have gone before them.

Manforallseasons
July 6th, 2015, 14:20

As you didn't even know his name I hope you had the tact not to gate crash his wake!

lonelywombat
July 6th, 2015, 16:04
MFAS what an idiot!

I am not in Thailand .Go and have a ride on your bike and fall off again.

Manforallseasons
July 6th, 2015, 17:52
MFAS what an idiot!

I am not in Thailand .Go and have a ride on your bike and fall off again.

I'm a bit worried about you, are you convinced you know where you are? Why not ask someone where you are?

lonelywombat
July 6th, 2015, 18:47

MFAS was this you if so we are all very worried about you

WCAF

Manforallseasons
July 6th, 2015, 19:17
;) My condo won't allow dogs some have a cat, did you think that a dog would be a helpful companion for someone like yourself, good for depression, might even like you?

http://youtu.be/2AkLE4X-bbU

[youtube:s6qjy0n3]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2AkLE4X-bbU[/youtube:s6qjy0n3]

lonelywombat
July 6th, 2015, 20:07
Thank you for your illuminating response. I am a qualified obedience dog trainer and train up to level 5 on the national scales. I also have a golden retriever dog fully trained ,who does not need somebody to take him for a piss in the street.

The designer handbag seems so very you ,it is almost as if you had one made.

Manforallseasons
July 7th, 2015, 00:14
I'm impressed lonely.