PDA

View Full Version : Body count on Beach Road, Pattaya.

thaiguest
June 24th, 2015, 21:16
Had a stroll on the sea side of beach road at 8pm this evening and decided to do a count of those selling their bodies. (horror! O my NGO!)

I was strict on whom I included-any marginal case was discounted.

Report:

Where -Beach Rd PATTAYA from Honest Gems (near Boyztown) to The Hilton.
Time 8pm.
Number of body sellers-122
Of which GIRLS- 118
Of which BOYS - 1
Of which LADYBOYS- 3

Some reflexions:
I was astounded by the number of girls.
I understand that the Ladyboys come out much later.
Interesting that the boys don't do this sort of thing- maybe the bar scene is better than we think.
The only group of pros we see being rounded by the police up are the Ladyboys . By far the largest group is ignored.

That's it.

Surfcrest
June 25th, 2015, 01:22
I would think the boys working Beach Road are there for a reason, perhaps they're not allowed to work in a bar for a multiple of reasons. Now, with online apps and Gayromeo working Beach Road is not the only option. I'm not familiar with other options such as this for the girls.

Surfcrest

thaiguest
June 25th, 2015, 02:23
I would think the boys working Beach Road are there for a reason, perhaps they're not allowed to work in a bar for a multiple of reasons. Now, with online apps and Gayromeo working Beach Road is not the only option. I'm not familiar with other options such as this for the girls.

Surfcrest
Sorry not BOYS only 1 boy out of 122 persons. Not even 1%.
One swallow (sic) doesn't make a Summer.
I'm concluding that there's no boy scene worth talking about in a very crowded market place namely Pattaya Beach Rd.

Surfcrest
June 25th, 2015, 20:25
I've always been under the impression that the trade working Beach Road were the bottom of the barrel. The trade that can't work in a bar or can no longer work in a bar because they failed a test, they've gotten in trouble or some other reason they need to freelance, rather than work in a bar.

You see a lot more girls out on Beach Road, more so than men / boys because the boys have other options (online) other than working down there. Once they are online they appear as anyone else, legitimate money boy making a little more income, or legitimate online freelancer...rather than someone banned from a bar for what could be a very good reason.

Surfcrest

Smiles
June 25th, 2015, 23:08
" ... (a) legitimate money boy ... "
Interesting way of describing a career choice. B-)

Surfcrest
June 26th, 2015, 09:54
Legitimate money boy in the sense that he's probably not going to try and steal something from your home to feed his drug habit vs the other kind that most certainly will...and perhaps more.

Surfcrest

Oliver
June 26th, 2015, 11:19
The word "girls" is perhaps misleading....a good number of those women are well into their late thirties and beyond. My impression is that the the numbers are higher now than at any time in the eighteen or so years I've been visiting. I've never been aware of boys being available though an ex bar worker told me that he and his friends would take their chances there after the bars had closed if they had a quiet night.

thaiguest
June 26th, 2015, 11:39
The word "girls" is perhaps misleading....a good number of those women are well into their late thirties and beyond. My impression is that the the numbers are higher now than at any time in the eighteen or so years I've been visiting. I've never been aware of boys being available though an ex bar worker told me that he and his friends would take their chances there after the bars had closed if they had a quiet night.

Yes many are women. I used the terms "girls" and "boys" as we use them in "girlfriend" and "boyfriend"- not necessarily young.
I think many of the customers are Arab or Indian.

rtu55
June 26th, 2015, 16:44
Had a stroll on the sea side of beach road at 8pm this evening and decided to do a count of those selling their bodies. (horror! O my NGO!)

I was strict on whom I included-any marginal case was discounted.

Report:

Where -Beach Rd PATTAYA from Honest Gems (near Boyztown) to The Hilton.
Time 8pm.
Number of body sellers-122
Of which GIRLS- 118
Of which BOYS - 1
Of which LADYBOYS- 3

Some reflexions:
I was astounded by the number of girls.
I understand that the Ladyboys come out much later.
Interesting that the boys don't do this sort of thing- maybe the bar scene is better than we think.
The only group of pros we see being rounded by the police up are the Ladyboys . By far the largest group is ignored.

That's it.

I did the same a few times during April and May, but I only counted the number of boys - not girls or ladyboys. My conclusions were that there were never more then 5 boys around, mostly 0-3. They were all extremely feminine, probably on their way of becoming ladyboys, and often standing with their friends who were girls. The boys only seem to be standing in the short distance on Beach road from opposite the entrance to soi 13/4 to opposite The Baywalk residence.
It was also obvious every time I walked along Beach road, as you also conclude, that the number of ladyboys are few now. When I was in Pattaya one year ago they were plenty on Beach road. I guess the police raids have made them move their business somewhere else.

christianpfc
June 28th, 2015, 15:42
I did the same a while ago (girls only on beach side, didn't pay attention to ladyboys)

Tuesday 9.12.2014
Now I finally have time for a project I had in mind long time: a Beach road street hooker count! Walk all the way from Walking street to the northern end 00:15-1:00 and count 423 available ladies on the beach side. Density decreases from south to north (00:30 Hilton 303, 00:55 Holiday inn 423, no more between Holiday Inn and northern end of Beach road). On way back by songhtheo I notice there are ladies standing on the other side of Beach road as well, so the real number is higher.
http://christianpfc.blogspot.com/2014/1 ... 22014.html (http://christianpfc.blogspot.com/2014/12/pattaya-tue-thu-9-11122014.html)

Over the years, there were between 0 and 5, but usually one or two, boys on Beachroad (always close to Boyztown).

Oliver
June 28th, 2015, 16:57
Thaiguest's comment about Indian customers for these women reminded me that I had noticed during my recent visit that the number of Indian tourists is on the up. There's an Indian hotel on Pattayaland 1 now, as well as a night-club nearby and perhaps more Indian restaurants (though of course these are popular with the British, too). And my suspicion is that they are not as well-off as the Chinese and (until recently) the Russians, not being so visible shopping in Central- if that is indeed an indication.
If this is true it follows that their Ladies of the Night will be those on Beach Road rather than in Walking Street bars.

cdnmatt
June 28th, 2015, 23:33
I think you're forgetting a couple important metrics here:

1.) There's a whole lot more straight people than gay people.

2.) It's Beach Road, which is an exit from Walking Street where all the lady go-go bars are.

If you want to find freelance gay guys, goto somewhere like BoyzTown or Sunnee, not just outside of the main area for lady go-go bars.

latintopxxx
July 2nd, 2015, 15:58
indians r a kinky lot...often groups will rent a whore and fuck her group style...like they have to show off...or get a bargain..i dunno...but its kinky weird nice ...

loke
July 16th, 2015, 02:09
You will find boys selling their bodies near 7 eleven jomtien beach late at night. I counted around 6 boys one night. They look really poor to me , possibly burmese or cambodian boys. I found one thai boy from GR that I met earlier, he told me he was only using the place as a meeting point whatever that means...

a447
July 16th, 2015, 20:27
Or go to Wat Chai. Lots of bar guys go there to eat after the bars close. I'm sure many would be willing to earn a quick buck for a quick fuck. Apparently, lots of the bar guys also go there to pick up a girl.

davidmelba
July 16th, 2015, 23:02
What and where is Wat chai? A section of Jomtien somewhere? Thank you for answering this simple question but I cannot find the answer

thaiguest
July 17th, 2015, 02:38
What and where is Wat chai? A section of Jomtien somewhere? Thank you for answering this simple question but I cannot find the answer

In this case "Wat Chai" refers to Pattaya Tai Rd. between the school and Tuk Com which turns into an open air sidewalk restaurant from 10pm to 3am approx.
Re offing boys there the problem is that they're more into food and their friends than into desperate hung-dog falangs at that hour of the morning.

neddy3
July 17th, 2015, 06:59

Wat Chai (correctly named Wat Chaimongkol) is the Thai temple on Pattaya South Road, near to Secomd Road.

On the other side of Pattaya South Road (Pattaya Tai), across from the wat, a night food market sets up, from maybe 10 pm to near dawn.
It is popular and busy. Some of the customers are boys from the bars, now closed.

lonelywombat
July 17th, 2015, 08:41
On the other side of Pattaya South Road (Pattaya Tai), across from the wat, a night food market sets up, from maybe 10 pm to near dawn.
It is popular and busy. Some of the customers are boys from the bars, now closed.

I am confused ? are you saying the night market is closed?
I have met boys from the bars , hotels and other workers there and have been approached recently walking past.

neddy3
July 17th, 2015, 09:34
I'm saying that when the bars are closed around 1 am, some of the boys head to the food stalls outside the market.

loke
July 17th, 2015, 13:10
I think the boys are not really interested in looking for farangs in the Wat but you never know. Better to use GR to find someone willing at that time of the night.