PDA

View Full Version : Double Shot Bar Reopens

Manforallseasons
June 22nd, 2015, 21:07
I wonder what difference it will make?

joe552
June 22nd, 2015, 22:16
People might drink there now? Just a thought.

Manforallseasons
June 23rd, 2015, 02:34
They didn't drink there before they closed!

newalaan2
June 23rd, 2015, 20:56
Well it must make quite a difference to you, you can't stop talking about it. you've managed to create two threads just about a bar which you don't seem to like and is always empty. Of course maybe you started another thread to get the name of the bar right.

The other difference it will make is to the light in what can be a dark corner, that's a good enough difference in itself.

Unfortunately they picked a rainy night to re-open last night, which came on strong just at the normal times most customers are out and about and so the couple of hours I was at Duks opposite saw no customers there, but there were only 2-3 waiters who were re-stocking shelves etc..

They'll have a least one customer tonight rain or not, umbrella sees to that, I find it weird so many get put off by the rain in Pattaya, you only need cover to get from bar to bar.

Manforallseasons
June 23rd, 2015, 21:59
Well it must make quite a difference to you, you can't stop talking about it. you've managed to create two threads just about a bar which you don't seem to like and is always empty. Of course maybe you started another thread to get the name of the bar right.

I'm flattered you take such an interest in what I do! :x Actually I would prefer if the first thread was either deleted or combined with this one.

neddy3
June 24th, 2015, 13:23

The other difference it will make is to the light in what can be a dark corner, that's a good enough difference in itself.

Yes, merely by being open, Double Shot contributes positively to the light and ambiance of the nearby area.
It is always very obvious when the bar is closed; a dark space.
Customers in the bar, or a lack of, is a separate factor to this benefit.

frequentfliers
June 24th, 2015, 19:44
Lets hope it gets supported..that corner was far too dark.

Doug
June 24th, 2015, 20:34
Newalaan
You say you were at Duk's Bar. If you're back, please say hello to Tee for me. How is the bar doing with its new format?

thaiguest
June 24th, 2015, 21:24
Lets hope it gets supported..that corner was far too dark.

Yes. I must say it's far better open than closed even for those who don't go there.

newalaan2
July 2nd, 2015, 15:18
NewalaanYou say you were at Duk's Bar. If you're back, please say hello to Tee for me. How is the bar doing with its new format?
Doug, I would have been very happy to pass on your 'hello' to tee and I have been back since, but unfortunately before I checked out the posts here and have since have moved on to Bkk. The bar is doing very well, certainly compared to many in sunee. On the night in question I was there it was very rainy with little passing trade after it started pouring, so I opened a bottle of 285 for the lads on behalf of my bf who had has birthday night out that evening. He visits Duks often with me but that night was out on a pre-birthday catch up with friends, so a bottle in his absence was a good excuse.

That helped get things going and in no time there was a bit of dancing to the issan music tee puts on regularly there. All the waiters/staff including tee are nice lads, polite and take good care as well as lots of fun. Having a good bunch of waiters with decent looks and/or good personalities is important to get/keep custom esp in low season, I think tee has got it about right. Certainly I have a good fun every visit and it seems to have a good solid regular customer base, as I saw many of the same faces there over a few nights.

Manforallseasons
July 2nd, 2015, 20:11
NewalaanYou say you were at Duk's Bar. If you're back, please say hello to Tee for me. How is the bar doing with its new format?

Yes Doug Tee has improved the business, it now looks like a waiting room at a sex change clinic and I've watched Tee over his short time as owner become more womanlike. Timing is everything those hideous shrieking queens that were forced to leave "Krazy Pub" have migrated to Dukes, if he saw the bar today he'd roll over in his grave. Obviously there are men that gravitate to that sort, why only a physiatrist could answer.

http://youtu.be/EcpwuK1Fmx4

[youtube:2ovwbgmw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EcpwuK1Fmx4[/youtube:2ovwbgmw]

Brad the Impala
July 2nd, 2015, 20:25
What an unpleasant person you are MFAS. Your concealed vitriol seeps out of your posts like decayed body fluids from a long dead corpse.

Manforallseasons
July 2nd, 2015, 20:53
Brad might I suggest you get a life up 2 U wether you have bodies fluids or not.