June 22nd, 2015, 12:10
HI:
Think I read this bar moved from 2nd floor to 1st floor and also
offers massage...
IF true, anyone been there,,,any cleaner than when on the 2nd floor
and do they offer massage...Tks.

a447
June 22nd, 2015, 14:46
I always drop in there when I'm in Bangkok. I was last there in May, I think.

They have someone for everyone and is a hands -on place ; plenty of cock available.

It moved downstairs a few years ago but they kept the old sofas and it certainly isn't the cleanest bar around.

They have a room upstairs for fun.

It's open till late every night - closes around 2am if they have any customers.

Manforallseasons
June 22nd, 2015, 16:19
I used to love this sleeze pit, when they closed upstairs and moved downstairs it became a 1/4 of the size with few unattractive guys that ignored the customers.... Will never go back!
Nice massage place nice boys didn't last long. The little dumpy mamasan that sits in the street wins worst mamasan in BKK, if she could take the gold out of your mouth she would! The soi used to be good, had Solid bar too and Nature Boys ( not for the clostrophonic).

scottish-guy
June 22nd, 2015, 16:26
.....the little dumpy mamasan that sits in the street wins worst mamasan in BKK.....

It's been many years since I was in Super A (i.e. when it was upstairs) - don't tell me Mama Pong (long-haired skinny tranny) has moved on or maybe even died - as the description above is most certainly not of her!

:((

Dalewood
June 22nd, 2015, 17:50
I was there in April. The details escape me, but I did not flee from the place in horror. It is certainly worth at least poking your head in the door.

Manforallseasons
June 22nd, 2015, 18:12
.....the little dumpy mamasan that sits in the street wins worst mamasan in BKK.....
It's been many years since I was in Super A (i.e. when it was upstairs) - don't tell me Mama Pong (long-haired skinny tranny) has moved on or maybe even died - as the description above is most certainly not of her!

Not same....guess it has been a long time since you've been they even h :ymparty: ave an underground now.

scottish-guy
June 22nd, 2015, 22:44
MFAS I really can't remember the last time I was in BKK - I used to spend a few days in BKK on arrival in Thailand and the last few days before leaving again, but gave up on it many years ago in favour of either going to Pattaya immediately on disembarking the plane or catching an immediate flight to Phuket, spending maybe 5 days there and then flying into U-Tapao to spend the rest of the time in Pattaya.

These days I don't even visit Thailand much at all since I have an apartment and BF in Vietnam and spend my main holiday there (as I am doing right now) and I take occasional 7-10 day breaks in Europe. Having said that, I shall be in Thailand certainly once in 2016 and possibly twice (probably Feb and Sept/Oct). I have no plans to use the BKK underground though.

Rest assured I shall keep you informed of my movements - but please understand that you are in a queue for such information and MiniMee has first preference

:))

Manforallseasons
June 23rd, 2015, 02:36
Was in Saigon one Songkran they were some handsome guys but not many, is Hanoi better?

scottish-guy
June 23rd, 2015, 04:19
No idea - never been in Hanoi, and BF tells me that Hanoi "no like Gay"

On this trip we spent about 5 days in Saigon before flying up to Da Lat expecting it to be more cool (for me), and that's certainly the case as it's been low to mid 20s and pissing with rain every day despite my iPhone weather app (powered by Yahoo) continually insisting its 36c and sunny!! However, I'd rather have it like this than stiflingly hot.

Planning to fly back to Saigon tomorrow and spend last 5 or 6 days there.

Like yourself, I find it difficult to spot many attractive guys in Vietnam, even in the street - plus I have BF making sure any opportunities to do so are severely limited anyway :)) Fortunately for me, BF is the cutest boy in the world (but I'm just a little biased on that score :p )

Blueskytoday
June 23rd, 2015, 07:09
Scottish-guy......hmmmm,,,you started a story about your being in VN...nice to read, but off subject of my question.....
but tks.

Manforallseasons
June 23rd, 2015, 15:59
Scottish-guy......hmmmm,,,you started a story about your being in VN...nice to read, but off subject of my question.....
but tks.

How many more descriptions do you need it's not like your buying a house. @-)

christianpfc
June 24th, 2015, 01:00
Moved from 2nd to 1st (ground) floor years ago, and was a massage place (Thai Boy Massage) for a while. Now only gogo (although one boy performed a good leg, arm, head and shoulder massage on me in the bar, he probably can do full body massae as well). Furniture worn and maintenance problems, one visit it was about 30 C inside because aircon didn't work properly.

Nonetheless recommended, details about last month's visit here:
http://christianpfc.blogspot.com/2015/0 ... -2015.html (http://christianpfc.blogspot.com/2015/06/gay-activities-apr-may-2015.html)
and more in June report.

GWMinUS
June 24th, 2015, 06:56
Love that Soi when years ago, Solid Bar was there.
And of course, Nature Boy...
Great guys and no pressure. Just have fun and find a beautiful young man for the evening!!!
SIGH...

Manforallseasons
June 24th, 2015, 10:50
Love that Soi when years ago, Solid Bar was there.
And of course, Nature Boy...
Great guys and no pressure. Just have fun and find a beautiful young man for the evening!!!
SIGH...

It is sad it has all changed except for Nature Boys.

Oliver
June 24th, 2015, 11:05
I used to like Solid....it was one of the few place in Bangkok where you could be sure of meeting cute, gay guys rather than muscled straights.
The mamasan now runs a small host bar in Soi Twilight. I had a drink there a couple of weeks ago and met a well-spoken, friendly guy whom I half- remembered from Pattaya. It turned out that he had worked in Copa. The bar employs Thais rather then the Vietnamese next door.

neddy3
June 24th, 2015, 13:17
I used to like Solid....it was one of the few place in Bangkok where you could be sure of meeting cute, gay guys rather than muscled straights.
The mamasan now runs a small host bar in Soi Twilight. I had a drink there a couple of weeks ago and met a well-spoken, friendly guy whom I half- remembered from Pattaya. It turned out that he had worked in Copa. The bar employs Thais rather then the Vietnamese next door.

Yes, for years I thought that Solid was the best thing going in Bangkok.
It worked for me, anyway.
And with its demise, I enjoy Bangkok bars less.

True enough that the mamasan runs a barbeer in Soi Twilight. His bar seems to be nameless.
He does have a few boys working there but I haven't found them so interesting.

scottish-guy
June 24th, 2015, 13:22
Remind me - is the Golden Cock sleaze-pit in the same soi? Or merely nearby?

neddy3
June 24th, 2015, 13:26
Remind me - is the Golden Cock sleaze-pit in the same soi? Or merely nearby?

It is in the same soi as Nature Boy. The same soi which did have Solid.
Super A is in a subsoi off from this one.

Oliver
June 24th, 2015, 17:03
Does anyone remember Khun Bar? was it next door to Golden Cock? or perhaps it was replaced by it. I think it was sometimes referred to as Khun Cigar Bar....a mysterious name. Perhaps.

Magnum
June 24th, 2015, 23:30
I'll never forget my first visit to Solid. I just thought this must be heaven. Seven boys inside and all seven just cute and lovely. Never saw something like that again.

Super A is always on my list if I'm in Bangkok. Great place but different to the Soi Twilight Bars.

Marsilius
June 25th, 2015, 14:12
Solid always seemed a little out of place. Very clean, shiny, lots of chrome, decent lighting, boys who'd clearly had a shower before coming to work. So unlike the the neighbouring bars - Super A, Golden Cock and Nature Boys. As a lover of sleaze, however, it was the latter three that always appealed to me!

Oliver
June 25th, 2015, 19:30
I found it rather run-down but that didn't bother me while the guys were so cute.

I recall that it was the scene of one of the most impolite performances from a falang I've ever seen- and I've seen some pretty tawdry behaviour of the years. There were only seven guys dancing that night (not unusual) when a falang walked in, lit up a cigarette and called over four- yes, four- of the seven and then proceeded to talk at them while the three remaining ones (less attractive guys predictably) continued to perform. He managed to drive the other customers away, including me, and I bet he didn't off any of them.

Brad the Impala
June 26th, 2015, 01:56
I recall that it was the scene of one of the most impolite performances from a falang I've ever seen- and I've seen some pretty tawdry behaviour of the years. There were only seven guys dancing that night (not unusual) when a falang walked in, lit up a cigarette and called over four- yes, four- of the seven and then proceeded to talk at them while the three remaining ones (less attractive guys predictably) continued to perform. He managed to drive the other customers away, including me, and I bet he didn't off any of them.

What was sooo impolite? Particularly as you know neither whether he offed the guys that night nor whether he was a regular customer?

fountainhall
June 26th, 2015, 02:34

Had a similar experience, but a guy (perhaps the same one) was at a table drinking and smoking with the 5 best lookers when my friend and I entered. Apart from bring pissed off that he had taken the best guys in the bar, they were all smoking like crazy. It got so bad I went over, pointed out the several No Smoking signs, suggested they would drive customers (i.e. us) away and asked if they could refrain from smoking. I received a glare, but he spoke to the boys and all stubbed out their cigarettes.

A few minutes later my friend warned me that this guy was coming over to our table. Expecting 'words', I braced for a verbal bashing. Quite the opposite. Turned out he was the co-owner. He apologized for the smoking, but added if he enforced the law, the bar would quickly be out of business. It was all quite pleasant, yet he never explained why he monopolized the boys when there were in fact customers around who always bought drinks for some of them.

Over the years, Solid really did have some really cute and fun guys. Sadly, as far as I'm concerned for I usually enjoyed my visits, when the other mamasan left to work in Pattaya, there seemed no spark in the bar and it slowly careened downhill.

neddy3
June 26th, 2015, 15:42

Had a similar experience, but a guy (perhaps the same one) was at a table drinking and smoking with the 5 best lookers when my friend and I entered. Apart from bring pissed off that he had taken the best guys in the bar, they were all smoking like crazy.

Yes, I experienced this, and more than once.
It was not a big space, and soon stunk.

I was told that this guy was the owner.
I formed the impression that he did not care at all for his customers.
But for the nice boys, I would have dumped the place.

fountainhall
June 26th, 2015, 21:49
I formed the impression that he did not care at all for his customers.
But for the nice boys, I would have dumped the place
I could never understand why he would bother with owning a bar he knew was not making money, yet monopolizing all the best guys. It was like he was just waiting for it to fail.

June 27th, 2015, 06:47
I was told that this guy was the owner.Yes, Solid Bar was his Vanity Project. An American (of course).

danny99
July 4th, 2015, 14:37
True enough that the mamasan runs a barbeer in Soi Twilight. His bar seems to be nameless.
He does have a few boys working there but I haven't found them so interesting.

If he is the same MamSan that I remember he was always friendly and never pushy! Can you describe where his bar is in Twilight [a street that I rarely go to] I would like to check it out next week?

a447
July 4th, 2015, 15:00
It's the same mama-san. A very nice guy but he was always tired and lacked any spark. And, of course, was always complaining about the lack of customers.

He has some boys working there. There is one you should beware of. He's actually quite cute, but a little chubby for a Thai guy. Sometimes he steps into the soi to entice passers-by to enter. And of I recall, he refers to customers as "darling." Unfortunately, I don't know his name. He's a money boy through through and quite ruthless. I was fooled by his smile and touchy-feely attitude.

Enter soi Twilight from Suriwong Road. It's the second last bar on the right - next to Scorpion Bar - as you near Classic Bar.

lonelywombat
July 4th, 2015, 15:22
Enter soi Twilight from Suriwong Road. It's the second last bar on the right - next to Scorpion Bar - as you near Classic Bar.

Sorry I am confused I thought Super A was of soi 6 not in Soi Twilight. What is the name of the bar you are promoting in Soi twilight

scottish-guy
July 4th, 2015, 16:43

Sorry I am confused I thought Super A was of soi 6 not in Soi Twilight. What is the name of the bar you are promoting in Soi twilight

Wombatty, try to keep up - they are not talking about Super A at this point, the discussion has moved on ...... so I expect Bluskytoday will be along imminently to chastise them for going off-topic

Patanawet
July 5th, 2015, 12:03

Wombatty, try to keep up - they are not talking about Super A at this point, the discussion has moved on ...... so I expect Bluskytoday will be along imminently to chastise them for going off-topic
Yes, the description is for the nameless bar from Wirat.
Wirat was the owner/manager/mamasan of Solid. He has some boys from Solid ---- but varies with time and day.
It must be the only bar where you can buy a drink for 100 Baht.
(Maybe Wombatty was confused because Solid used to be close to Super A in Silom Soi 6 and close to Golden Cock etc.).

lonelywombat
July 5th, 2015, 14:08
The "nameless bar" does not show on Nicky's map. I assume it is between Dicks and Scorpion

http://www.nickysgaythailand.com/gay-ba ... map-n-sil/ (http://www.nickysgaythailand.com/gay-bangkok/n-silom/map-n-sil/)

neddy3
July 5th, 2015, 15:01
The "nameless bar" does not show on Nicky's map. I assume it is between Dicks and Scorpion/

Yes, that is correct.