PDA

View Full Version : My recent holiday

joe552
June 21st, 2015, 15:50
I'm just back from my annual 2 weeks in Pattaya and thought I'd post some thoughts. There'll be no graphic descriptions of sexual activity (sorry a447 ;) just some general thoughts.

I stayed again at Mosaik apartments in Soi Day/Night. I was in a 1 bedroom apartment (I'd only stayed in a Studio before) and for the extra тВм100 thought it was good value. I'm a very poor sleeper, so having a balcony to sit on at 5.00am was good, just to watch the comings and goings. Although by 7.00am it was usually too hot for me. The temperatures during my stay were usually 38 or 39c, which with the humidity was uncomfortable for me.

All of Me bar in Sunee is my favourite and has been for some years. I drank there every night, and enjoyed it. The owner was always pleasant and friendly, but not intrusive. Boy, the manager was always good fun. During my time there, there were a couple of boys who only seemed to work for one night and I never saw them again. 2 from Cambodia that I had some drinks with thought that if a farang brought them back to his room, a chuck wow would get them a tip! There was a new boy, Boom, who was simply gorgeous, and I spent some happy times with him, but toward the end of my trip he seemed to have disappeared too. Ships that pass in the night :(

Sunee was exceptionally quiet during my times there - often I was the only customer I could see in any of the bars visible from All of Me (although I tend to go out early and home early).

The only go-go bar I went to was Power Boys (I'm not a fan of go-go bars anymore) but went to see a "friend" who was now working there. I offed one boy and had a good time with him on my last night.

Overall it was a good trip (though the long flight home was exhausting - think I'll be avoiding Abu Dhabi in future) but the quietness of the bars and lack of customers meant there was very little atmosphere around.

Daytimes are hard to fill for me. I really enjoy the Beer Garden at the start of Walking Street and would have a few drinks there and a small meal. Friendly staff and good music if you're of a certain age.

So there you have it - not an a447 or NIrish type trip report, but I put it out there for what it's worth.

scottish-guy
June 21st, 2015, 17:05
Thanks for sharing, Joe.

You say you paid an extra тВм100 for the one bedroom apartment, as opposed to your usual studio apt. Can you give me/us an idea of what the total cost for the 2 weeks apartment rental was (if not too nosey)?

O:-)

latintopxxx
June 21st, 2015, 17:30
.......sad when u say that " the days are hard to fill"......have u tried going to the beach...dont mean in a speedo and parading up and down pathetically....but sitting under the umbrellas, having a meal..drink or 2 or 3...watching the goings on...reading a mag...day is gone so fast u wonder what the fuck happened.

Nirish guy
June 21st, 2015, 17:36
So, you were out drinking, in Sunee offing guys and fucking - so sorry and what part exactly of not like one of my trips do you think that's not ! ;-) Sounds about identical to me ! :-).

Actually thanks for the report Joe and especially about how quiet it was as I've been having reservations about leaving Bali too early to head to Patts and Bkk. I've purposefully left myself an open ticket and I think I'll stay in Bali just a little longer now based on your observations, unfortunately I've already booked myself into mosaic but I'm sure they'll accommodate any changes as the idea of me sitting being the only faring in Sunnee doesn't really appeal to me - actually hold on, what am I talking about, me, the only farang in Sunee that could be WONDERFUL !! :-) ( joke )

I'm actually lying here in bed on a Sunday morning typing this with my local Asian BF lying sleeping soundly beside me after a great sex session as today is our last day together until my return in August and part of me is lying thinking "so WHY exactly am I spending thousands of pounds to go to Pattaya and the likes when I've him lying here beside me!" - but of course I guess we all know the answer to that one dont we :-)

By the way Joe can I assume that due to the overall quietness that any bars you did go into you were mobbed etc and likewise online tortured for hook ups ?

a447
June 21st, 2015, 18:53
A good read.

So, you were "the only gay in the village". I'll be in Pattaya next month and I hope things have changed; no customers means no atmosphere, as you pointed out.

As for nothing to do during the day, I kind of solved that by having my guy come over in the afternoon. But after sex, we just sit on my room chatting until dinner time. There are a lot more options in Bangkok.

Anyway, you had a good time and that's the main thing. That's what it's all about.

Nirish, let us know how you find Bali. If there's plenty of action, I might pop over for a few days.

Nirish guy
June 21st, 2015, 19:28
There's no "if" about it, I'm on several of the bars face books groups etc and they post pics on a nightly basis and even midweek the bars are busy plus you're got the cabaret, dancers and coyote dancers not to mention an ever willing selection of nice guys all up for drinks and fun - plus lots more to do during the day so to me Bali is a brainer, especially in low season in Thailand. So see you there perhaps !! ;-)

joe552
June 21st, 2015, 19:35
SG, the total for the 2 weeks, including water and electric, was тВм300 or thereabouts. Great value if, like me, you prefer Sunee to Boyztown. I had a couple of drinks in Ambience, though, late one afternoon and was getting the come-on from one of the massage boys in Copa opposite. As they used to say in the News of the World, I made my excuses and left.

The only complaint I had was that there was little to no atmosphere in the bars or on the street. I'll have to travel in high season sometime to compare properly.

NIrish, I don't have a smartphone, so don't do online when on holiday (except for an odd email to let my family know I'm still alive). But I got lots of attention in the bars, so no complaints there.

anonone
June 21st, 2015, 20:49
Thanks for your report Joe. I will be in Patts in early July and hoping I can instill a sense of party amongst the various bars during my short visit.... LOL

I also struggle to find things to do in Pattaya during the day. Unlike latin, I find the beach pretty boring and time DRAGS while there. We still occasionally go because BF finds it relaxing, but not really my scene. Thankfully, with wifi and the beach I can catch up on some internet things while there. But day after day...no thanks.

Of course, we actually solved the problem by just staying up all night to party and then sleeping the day away....My life as a Thai-boy wanaa-be. LOL

Smiles
June 21st, 2015, 22:42
" ... There'll be no graphic descriptions of sexual activity ... "
Joe, FYI: writing a report on this board which does NOT include graphic sexual activity descriptions (much less bragging about not including graphic sexual description) is a violation of Sawatdee's Posting Guidelines ~ Article 23, Section A.4. Subsection C.3 Ultraminiscule Addendum XX.6.
I'm sure the Moderator will give you some leeway this one time, but ... watch it, dooood!

" ... I'll be in Pattaya next month and I hope things have changed; no customers means no atmosphere ... "
True, but it would also mean that you could be so ugly you'd embarrass a Wide-Mouth Bass and still have multi-boys fighting for your attention. Some would think of such a situation as pretty much dying and going to heaven.

And why is Lonely Wombat trying to hijack this thread?
The "Aussie men pistol whipped , tasered and extorted in Bali" discussion has been moved. Surfcrest

christianpfc
June 22nd, 2015, 00:54
There is a lot to do during day in and around Pattaya, I made an extensive list:

http://christianpfc.blogspot.com/2014/0 ... ttaya.html (http://christianpfc.blogspot.com/2014/03/daytime-activities-in-pattaya.html)

But if you go for years, you have seen everything. But some places are so spectacular, I can go again after five years (Nong Nooch Garden, Million Years Stone Garden, Sanctuary of Truth, Mini Siam).

And there are still places left: a particular temple in Huay Yai and Bang Sare fishing village, I will go some day.

Current research has shown that the Fruit Garden closest to Pattaya might be Suan Ponlamai Suthep in Bang Pra (near Sri Ratcha) р╕кр╕зр╕Щр╕Ьр╕ер╣Др╕б ╣Йр╕кр╕╕р╣Ар╕Чр╕Ю-р╕Ър╕▓р╕Зр╕Юр╕гр╕░, that will take priority for my next trip to Pattaya as it's fruit season now.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/%E0%B8%A ... 0888824260 (https://www.facebook.com/pages/%E0%B8%AA%E0%B8%A7%E0%B8%99%E0%B8%9C%E0%B8%A5%E0%B 9%84%E0%B8%A1%E0%B9%89%E0%B8%AA%E0%B8%B8%E0%B9%80% E0%B8%97%E0%B8%9E-%E0%B8%9A%E0%B8%B2%E0%B8%87%E0%B8%9E%E0%B8%A3%E0%B 8%B0/1380990888824260)

joe552
June 22nd, 2015, 03:24
I'm sure there's lots to do during the day, from Latin's day at the beach to Christian's more touristy places, but I don't mind having a couple of hours sleep in the afternoon, since I wake so early. I'll just have to incorporate a447's afternoon delight into the equation next time. Jeez, why didn't I think of that before?

Smiles
June 22nd, 2015, 08:03
I'm sure there's lots to do during the day, from Latin's day at the beach to Christian's more touristy places ... "
Absolutely. Nong Nooch, the 20 quadrillion year old stone garden or the Sanctuary of Nonsense ~ and a few more ~ are Pattaya tourist traps par excellence with no reasonable attraction for anyone who posseses even a miniscule sense of need for exploring the 'Real Thailand'. For that matter, neither does Sunnee Plaza or Boyztown or Soi Twilight I suppose, but at least one knows the rules going in.

a447
June 22nd, 2015, 15:11
True, but it would also mean that you could be so ugly you'd embarrass a Wide-Mouth Bass and still have multi-boys fighting for your attention. Some would think of such a situation as pretty much dying and going to heaven.

Yeah, that's what I work on whenever I'm there in low season....lol

Lonely, that report on the guys getting scammed in Bali is a bit suspect, especially as the guys concerned don't want to talk about it. And how on earth did they manage to get so much money out in one day? I found there was a limit on the amount I could withdraw every day - less than $1000.

danny99
June 22nd, 2015, 15:56
I'm just back from my annual 2 weeks in Pattaya and thought I'd post some thoughts.

A boring holiday in Pattaya? isn't that the norm? I am amazed at the supposed allure of Pattaya when Bangkok is cheaper, classier, always busy with so many varied options. Even a few days in Chiang Mai would be more fun for me. Of course I do prefer the more natural boys [straight and gay] rather than the money-possessed ones that seem to make Pattaya their home, temporarily I assume?

christianpfc
June 22nd, 2015, 18:17
A boring holiday in Pattaya? isn't that the norm? I am amazed at the supposed allure of Pattaya when Bangkok is cheaper, classier, always busy with so many varied options.
(my underline) Bars and boys in Pattaya are so much cheaper than in Bangkok, that it's worth traveling to Pattaya for me. And I think for many members, boys are the main reason to spend time in Pattaya. (Whatever it is you think is cheaper in Bangkok, it's not of interest to most of us.)

joe552
June 22nd, 2015, 19:13
danny, feel free to continue taking your holidays in Bangkok, and I'll continue to take mine in Pattaya.

latintopxxx
June 23rd, 2015, 13:51
Bangkok is most definitely not cheaper. Accomodation, meals, drinks and MOST importantly " boys" are cheaper in Pattaya. When in BKK I spend most of the day at babylon, in Pattaya its the gay beach in jomtien. I detest shopping, temples, palaces...etc...

June 23rd, 2015, 13:52
.......sad when u say that " the days are hard to fill"......have u tried going to the beach...dont mean in a speedo and parading up and down pathetically....but sitting under the umbrellas, having a meal..drink or 2 or 3...watching the goings on...reading a mag...day is gone so fast u wonder what the fuck happened.I find it best to holiday with a friend.

danny99
July 4th, 2015, 14:45
Bangkok is most definitely not cheaper. Accomodation, meals, drinks and MOST importantly " boys" are cheaper in Pattaya. ..

i think that $35 per night at Pinnacle Lumpinee [with monster breakfast, swimming pool, sauna and steam room, not forgetting the excellent wi-fi] and whisky sodas for
Baht 59 at The Balcony [for members] very cheap and great value and as 90% of the boys in Bangkok are plentiful and free, if you know where to look, I find the allure of Pattaya amazing.

BOY69
July 4th, 2015, 21:18
Seems that the Pinnacle Lumpinee hotel is a very good option in BKK , is it gay friendly ? Do they charge fee for bringing boys to the room ?

latintopxxx
July 5th, 2015, 03:20
danny..u should stop fibbing...maybe 5% of the " boys" in BKK are free...anyway for me its a preference...I prefer " owning" my meat even if its only for a short while :)

Brad the Impala
July 5th, 2015, 05:18
danny..u should stop fibbing...maybe 5% of the " boys" in BKK are free...anyway for me its a preference...I prefer " owning" my meat even if its only for a short while :)

Since you prefer to pay, why would you be in a postion to quantify the percentage of the types of guys that Danny likes that could be available without payment?

latintopxxx
July 6th, 2015, 05:24
..in the 10 odd years I've been visiting Thailand I have had the opportunity to bounce around BKK and Pattaya quite a bit, have also been online with GR and Grindr, can count on one hand the number of free sex offers I've had from decent looking guys. Only exception is the saunas (mostly babylon) where I can fuck for free to y hearts content, but its usually other tourists. I guess it doesnt help that I limit myself to tourist zones and dont speak Thai. But again the only free sex offers I get are from guys I wouldnt even look at twice if I saw them on the street. As a foreigner i think makes it more difficult..u r a walking atm.