PDA

View Full Version : Concerning Jurasic World

marti
June 17th, 2015, 22:30
Save your time and money. Went with friends who really wanted to see it but I thought it was boring and uninteresting. Most of those I went with agreed.

frequentfliers
June 17th, 2015, 23:15
Saw it the other night..Saw it all before..

Nirish guy
June 17th, 2015, 23:17
I second that, went last night and short of it being a bit of mind numbing entertainment for a few hours like you I was disappointed.

A movie for the sake of it and for the sake of selling yet more merchandise and getting paid for some serious over the top product placement opportunities. Story wise just the same old same old and plot wise totally crap - but hey still to see a few good 3D CGI segments of dinosaurs running amok was still fun I guess but film of the year it is not :-(

latintopxxx
June 18th, 2015, 02:34
...and here i thought this was a post on old farangs rambling along pattaya beach front...

lukylok
June 18th, 2015, 02:45
...and here i thought this was a post on old farangs rambling along pattaya beach front...
That's pre-jurassic !

June 18th, 2015, 05:56
If someone can let me know a Jurassic Park movie where the kids die a horrible death I'd be grateful.

jvt22222
June 18th, 2015, 06:38
Terrible movie .... Badly cast, shallow acting, stupid storyline, not even exciting dinosaurs, cliche ridden script.

homeseeker
June 18th, 2015, 12:45
Agree with the comments above. The movie is rubbish Bad acting, dislikable characters, etc etc. But the box office returns suggests that its easy to fool most of the people all of the time.

christianpfc
June 19th, 2015, 00:45
I enjoyed the movie.

Watched it on Thu 11.06. in Emquartier IMAX 3D (idea of the boy I went with; 350 Baht for my ticket, I usually pay 100 or 120 Baht). The fullest cinema I have ever seen in Thailand, estimated 80% occupancy (on average 10% when I go). 3D glasses work in connection with normal glasses.

Brad the Impala
June 19th, 2015, 01:13
So many people's expectation lived down to! But you bought tickets for an "event" movie! What did you expect?!

Still, given you something different to complain about.

scottish-guy
June 20th, 2015, 17:23
I concur with the views above.

I'm currently in Vietnam and was cajoled into taking BF, his sister, and 2 kids to see this in the Aeon Mall, Celadon City, HCMC.

General feeling was it was all very run-of-the-mill stuff.

Only redeeming aspect was that it was really inexpensive - even so, don't waste your money

Tiktak63
June 20th, 2015, 21:14
Not sure what you all thought it would be like. There is limited scope for a dinosaur movie. Like King Kong, Godzilla and the other Dino films it can only ever be about the creatures going nuts and chasing folk about the place. The originals tend to be good but the sequels are always a let down.

scottish-guy
June 21st, 2015, 00:20
..... sequels are always a let down.

Is that right?

www.imdb.com/poll/bZtI0jH5cqg/[url]

[url]http://www.imdb.com/poll/bZtI0jH5cqg/

I expect the link won't work though - any URL link or YouTube embed does my tits in on this site , why is it so complicated? maybe a friendly mod will amend :))

The Mod Squad to the rescue Scotty!

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y69/Surfcrest/mod-squad.jpg

Tiktak63
June 21st, 2015, 02:37
..... sequels are always a let down.

Is that right?

www.imdb.com/poll/bZtI0jH5cqg/[url]

[url]http://www.imdb.com/poll/bZtI0jH5cqg/

I don't particularly agree with most of the top ones in that list (didn't view it all) however I was actually referring to the genre in question in any case.