View Full Version : Planning First Trip - Excited!

BearlyThere
June 16th, 2015, 01:58
Hi all,

Since coming across this board, I'd wanted to take a visit to the LOS. Finally, I am able to!

I'm thinking of taking some time off of work in mid-September for about a month, I know this probably gets asked a lot but what is the nightlife like in BKK and Pattaya during September - October? Are the rains a real problem? Any other advice is greatly appreciated :D

Mancs
June 16th, 2015, 03:33
You won't forget your first trip. More rainy in September than October. The nightlife is fine, though currently a little down on recent years because of the politics. On the bright side, the men are eager to meet you!

Rogie
June 16th, 2015, 06:03
That's a great avatar you have there BearlyThere!

Some people prefer Bangkok and others prefer Pattaya; for nightlife some prefer go-go bars, some host bars, some discos, some the beach and some Gay Romeo, but I'd suggest what matters to you is finding out for yourself, so try to resist putting all your eggs in one basket.

If you are travelling on your own to a new destination it's often a nice idea to get chatting to one or more fellow farungs; at places like Dick's Cafe in Bangkok (there's also a branch in Pattaya) or the host bars in Sunee Plaza in Pattaya. Many of the host bars are owned by farungs (who stay in the background with their BF's as day to day managers) and they can be a good source of info for first-time visitors, as can some of the smaller gay owned hotels and guest houses.

catawampuscat
June 16th, 2015, 19:59
Excellent advise Rogie!
Some farang bar beer owners will introduce a solo first timer to other gay farangs, especially in Sunee Plaza.
Gaybutton known to befriend first timers and even show them around.

christianpfc
June 16th, 2015, 21:10
The rain is not much of a problem. You can hear thunder and see lightning before it starts, then you have some minutes so seek shelter. When it rains, it usually rains heavily (better seek shelter than using umbrella), but not for long. It rains mainly in the evening (this month with rain several times around 2 am in is an exception). Afterwards, there might be large puddles of water for hours in areas with poor drainage. With flip-flops, I walk through; if you wear closed shoes you have to take a detour.

BOY69
June 16th, 2015, 22:03
I don't agree a rain can be a problem for a first trip in Thailand you will not be able to enjoy the beaches, sightseeing act. September-October are the worst period of the monsoons if you can postpone it to December till April it's better.

thaiguest
June 17th, 2015, 00:06
Excellent advise Rogie!
Some farang bar beer owners will introduce a solo first timer to other gay farangs, especially in Sunee Plaza.
Gaybutton known to befriend first timers and even show them around.

But beware- some of the said gay farangs of the butterfly species will unload redundant boys of the pest variety on to the trusting greenhorns. If he sounds too good to be true he probably is. Nobody on this forum were ever do that of course.