PDA

View Full Version : Bordeaux Restaurant Pattaya New Ownership

Manforallseasons
June 11th, 2015, 01:37
The restaurant has been sold to a former manager of "Manhattan Steak House".

lonelywombat
June 11th, 2015, 07:26
I was disappointed with my visit in May and crossed it off my list for future visits. This looks like a plus move and will give it another chance.

Keep us posted when the change takes place.

Manforallseasons
June 11th, 2015, 09:19
It's open already with the new owner.

thaiguest
June 15th, 2015, 04:33
I was disappointed with my visit in May and crossed it off my list for future visits. This looks like a plus move and will give it another chance.

Keep us posted when the change takes place.

I brought a Thai friend there about 6 months ago to mark his birthday.

Lots of emphasis on tablecloths, napkins, cuttlery, lighting, decor, fancy wine lists and check-bin folders but not at all enough on the food.

And the biggest shock of all-the menu caters for French and English readers only and not for the native Thais. (My friend had to ask the thai waiter for help with some of the terms and remember we were not in Paris) It was the first time I've ever seen that in a thai restaurant.

And I forgot to mention-over priced.

Oliver
June 16th, 2015, 12:47
I didn't find it over-priced when i was there in February. French cuisine is invariably pricey in the UK....and if it is good, I'm prepared to pay more. Compared to London prices, Bordeaux is a real bargain. Or perhaps was.
If there was one issue that annoyed me (and also at a previous visit in September) it was the closure of the a/c room. I took this to be a money-saving exercise; unacceptable at those prices. Sitting outside in a not very interesting soi detracted from the meal.
I eat Thai when I'm in Thailand but P. goes home the day before me and so my custom is to eat alone in Bordeaux. I'll be interested in what I find.

lonelywombat
June 25th, 2015, 09:49
In the same email I posted on Colonial

"Le Bordeaux has also reopened. you may know the guy. He was the Aussie guy who was the chef at Manhattan. He says his biggest challenge is to convince the French expats that used to go to Le Bordeaux, that he can cook French food as good as any French chef"

My comment is there was little to beat and I look forward to trying the new chef
I noted the previous owner used to sit on the patio. When a bill had to be paid he came in and handled all the transaction.
I thought as the staff were not new this was a reflection on them. Still he has gone.

Manforallseasons
June 25th, 2015, 11:28
I'm my opinion Bordeaux is not needed anymore. The Fremch customers he wants back prefer to deal with other French also their Euro is not what it was, they most likely don't live in the immediate area and finding parking is not easy there. The other factor they fail to recognize is that that soi is very price sensitive when it comes to dinning.
What that soi needs is the old style Italian mom and pop eatery simple foods that everyone knows cheap wine and very careful pricing.
The restaurant across "from Bordeaux "Wine Bar" seldom appears to have customers and seems like another rich mans folly not unlike "Double shot".(in my opinion)

thaiguest
June 25th, 2015, 14:29
In the same email I posted on Colonial

"Le Bordeaux has also reopened. you may know the guy. He was the Aussie guy who was the chef at Manhattan. He says his biggest challenge is to convince the French expats that used to go to Le Bordeaux, that he can cook French food as good as any French chef"

My comment is there was little to beat and I look forward to trying the new chef
I noted the previous owner used to sit on the patio. When a bill had to be paid he came in and handled all the transaction.
I thought as the staff were not new this was a reflection on them. Still he has gone.
The easiest food style to fake is French. So many guys come here being barely able to fry an egg at home yet can cordon bleu this and that out of cans and sachets. Not talking about Bordeaux of course.