PDA

View Full Version : Shisha

Bobett
June 8th, 2015, 14:07
I see the powers that be have now baned shisha smoking in entertainment places. I had a look round soi 17 and sunee last night and no shisha pipes to be seen. I bet that has pissed the arabs off.Now if they would just stop the cunts from driving big motorbikes like maniacs everyone would be safer.

Sorry if I seem a bit racist about this but i cant help it. I just dont like the fuckers :))

arsenal
June 8th, 2015, 14:32
Yep. Gotto agree with you on everything there.

Manforallseasons
June 8th, 2015, 16:41
Read about this man he says what others only think Dutch politition "Geert Wilders".

Oliver
June 8th, 2015, 20:07
I'll miss the smell of the shisha. When I'm in Palestine, I enjoy a smoke in Occupied Jerusalem as the sun sets over the Golden Walls of the Old City. Magical. I was taught the art of successful shisha-smoking by a couple of handsome Egyptian guys, long ago in Luxor. It's not as easy as it looks. Anything that brings back memories of times spent among my comrades is welcome.

arsenal
June 8th, 2015, 21:22
A beautifully poetic post Oliver. Brought back memories of my time in Luxor many years ago much of which was spent trying to master the felucca.

francois
June 8th, 2015, 22:56
Bring back the Shisha and ban the cigarettes. At least the shisha has a pleasant odor although likely just as much a health hazard.

colmx
June 9th, 2015, 01:04
The Shisha ban ought to make a nght out to the clubs a few Baht cheaper!
They usually charge 3-400B for a Shisha and druken boys (or farangs) take a few hits on the Shisha to regain their senses and enable them to keep drinking...
Without the "kick" that they get from the Shisha - i predict that ome of my entourage will need to go home a lot earlier than normal!

Oliver
June 9th, 2015, 18:06
I see Thai guys smoking in Sunee....but do they get a "kick"? I found that it was a very mild taste. I found it relaxing after a few hours queuing at a checkpoint, or an encounter with tear-gas. . There were different fruit flavours to choose from- I preferred the apple. In my favourite Palestinian restaurant just outside the Old City, it was popular among the young women as well as men....I thought they looked quite sexy (for women) in their jeans and t-shirts (no Islamic dress there!) And of course we were all drinking the local Palestinian beer, Taybeh which is not unlike Singha....slightly sweeter than we're used to in Europe.
Good memories.

thaiguest
June 12th, 2015, 03:28
Yep. Gotto agree with you on everything there.

Nope. I gotta disagree with the OP.
I miss the aroma of the shisha; it's redolent of the entire middle east-indulged in by the Arabs that are muslim and Arabs that are Christian, by Persians of all persuasions and lately by all and sundry in the melting pot that is Pattaya. That is until interfering meddling big brother decided it was not proper.
Who knows what he will next deign to be improper?
Gay venues perhaps?

Nirish guy
June 12th, 2015, 03:43
Sorry maybe some one can help me with the whole Shisha thing as I freely admit that as a non smoker I know absolutely next to NOTHING about it and how it all works. So, firstly I'm right in saying it's NOT a drug ( like grass / cannabis etc) and there is no actual "hit' from it - right ? However I know anytime I have had a cigarette or a few puffs of a Shisha I get as light header and dizzy as hell ( but not in a nice druggy way just more the room spinning I think I could puke kind of way, so is that the "high or hit" smokers of it get or is that just me not being used to smoking ?

Liewise I remember sitting with a ( very strange) but friendly muslim guy from Dubai a few nights in Sunnee plaza and he didn't drink alcohol at all for apparently religious reasons but sat and smoked his Shish pipe all night long while nursing a coca cola or whatever ( while sitting with his iPhone headphones in listening to Arabic dance music I seem to recall) which was all fine except that after a few hours of this he appeared to be off his head and almost high and did start drinking when offered and his character totally changed ( for the better) - so what was THAT all about, so was he "high", is there herbal highs you can smoke instead of just the apple stuff I hear about, does the smoking of the plain stuff send you into a high after a load of it ? I've just no idea - anyone any better idea than me ??