PDA

View Full Version : VINCENT'S SEVEN ROOMS IS HISTORY

marti
June 6th, 2015, 18:22
Sad to report that Vincent's Seven Rooms and Restaurant is no longer opened on Soi Ngam Duphli in Bangkok. If you are familiar with the place and have ever stayed there you will remember it for having very nice rooms and a good restaurant. Vincent himself is a very nice chap and always most pleasant to deal with.

He has moved the restaurant around the corner on Satorn Soi 1 into the location formerly known as the Mali Restaurant. Good for Vincent and well wishes to him and to us for on a new and good place to eat.

bucknaway
June 6th, 2015, 18:34
I like one of the guys that work there but I'm not sad to see it go. Maybe someone else will open it and do something special with it the last time I stayed there there was no hot water. I hate cold showers.

[attachment=1:2jug2gse]IMG_0792_1.jpg[/attachment:2jug2gse][attachment=0:2jug2gse]IMG_0793_1.jpg[/attachment:2jug2gse]

Smiles
June 6th, 2015, 22:25
Buck!! Call me miserable if you want, but do think you might re-post the photos so they are (at least) the right way up? Some folks here actually use Great Big Dinosaur computers and it's quite difficult to ask them to dance around at 360 degrees ... like a tablet, or, heaven forbid, a fucking smarrrrrrt phone.

bucknaway
June 6th, 2015, 22:29
The pictures look perfect when viewing on my tablet, but I am also using my tablet to post them and I was as surprised as you are when they posted and we're turned sideways. Sorry for the inconvenience.

My ability to edit my post is no longer an option as my time has run out (I fixed them. Surfcrest)

goji
June 7th, 2015, 02:47
Photos look upright to me.

I don't know how you make money with a budget hotel that has only 7 rooms.

Finally, to read of no hot water. That's one of the things hotels MUST get right.

Manforallseasons
June 7th, 2015, 19:16
Myself and a friend were headed to the Pinnacle and my friend said hey why don't we try Vincent's I said ok it was only a few years old and once had breakfast there. The owner was in Taiwan or Hong Kong and we both were surprised how tattered the rooms were, Mali was an institution in the Sathorn area now that is a loss.

June 8th, 2015, 05:08
I'm told the restaurant is relocating to somewhere near Babylon Sauna

LoveThailand
June 9th, 2015, 15:41
I had a few dinners at the restaurant. Vincent and staff were most friendly and welcoming. The food was great. Will definitely visit in their new location.

christianpfc
June 13th, 2015, 16:15
Vincents is open already, in location of the Mali and across the entrance to Pitak Court.
Note at the restaurant: open Mon-Sat 11-22.
Grand opening party Wednesday Jun 17th 19-21.
I inquired about guesthouse: no room, only restaurant.
Does anyone know why they moved?

Manforallseasons
June 13th, 2015, 20:07
That's easy where the property is located it worth a small fortune!

gaymandenmark
June 14th, 2015, 05:33
What happended in that busineees transaktion are. not your or anyonej Else busineees

Manforallseasons
June 14th, 2015, 07:03
What happended in that busineees transaktion are. not your or anyonej Else busineees

I gather English is not your primary language!

marti
June 14th, 2015, 07:42
Your comment appears to be an excessive reaction to the question asked. They are just curious. Nothing bad should be attributed to the person who asked the question.

danny99
June 17th, 2015, 15:44
He has moved the restaurant around the corner on Satorn Soi 1 into the location formerly known as the Mali Restaurant. Good for Vincent and well wishes to him and to us for on a new and good place to eat.

Not so good as the Mali has been a favourite for many years now and last time in the area I noticed that no more breakfast, only open from late morning...so service is going DOWN already. I suppose that 'Grandma's Meatloaf' has gone too...Not that it was much like meatloaf rather a large rissole [if you are an Aussie], polpet [if Italian] or that quaint English faggot? But it was very good, as was breakfast and most of the German inspired menu dishes.

fountainhall
July 18th, 2015, 10:07
We had dinner at the "new" Vincent's earlier this week. The menu seems identical to the old one and the food tasted as good. The one problem I felt is the ghastly bright lighting! Mali's had lights over each table (as I recall) which gave it a welcoming warm ambience. Vincent's has done away with that in favour of three over-bright lamps flooding the white ceiling with light. This makes the space totally bland and, we felt, cold and boring! I'll return but only if they make the place feel warmer and more welcoming.

scottish-guy
July 18th, 2015, 17:42
....that quaint English faggot...

Which one are you referring to in particular?

I can think of half a dozen for a start.

:ymparty:

christianpfc
July 19th, 2015, 11:48
That's true, but this forum would be a quiet place if everyone minded their own business and reported only what he experienced himself.

"Vincent and the seven rooms" is still vacant (abandoned, dust and dirt collects). A friend said the lease was not renewed because the owner has different plans with the venue.

Mancs
August 2nd, 2015, 05:54
I've now been to eat at Vincents and the food is fine but I still miss Mali. I am told Mali's owner died so it won't be coming back. They do breakfast but don't open until 11am so suit late risers like me. Moon restaurant round the corner, past the 7/11, is good value. And Malaysia Hotel's cafe, opposite the nearby 7/11, is open 24 hours and well worth a try-you may even meet a moneyboy on the pavement outside who will probably appreciate a meal.

corky
August 2nd, 2015, 13:53
I've now eaten twice at the new Vincents in Sathorn Soi 1 and I won't be going back again soon.
In spite of the entrance sign advertising a "Free Smile", the waiting staff are sullen and unsmiling and the food takes an age to arrive.
The quality of the food is unremarkable.
The place needs at least two more waiters to bring it up to a reasonable level of service (and he should replace the ones currently working there.)