PDA

View Full Version : Gentlemen ... meet Caitlyn Jenner (BKA: 'Bruce')

Smiles
June 2nd, 2015, 13:35
[youtube:pagzchle]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0OwDp2LMVbg[/youtube:pagzchle]

Surfcrest
June 3rd, 2015, 15:23
I think it is fantastic that he finally has the opportunity to live like he wants. It's only in this day and age that it's possible and so with it happening more and more, it will soon become a norm within society...it already is here in Canada. I'm sure repressing one's true sexual identity is unhealthy for those that have had to suffer through it in the past or in some countries before it becomes more accepted.

Here is a portion of the original interview Bruce did with ABC and Diane Sawyer, the full interview is well worth it.

[youtube:1388but3]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxX3t2rzLbg[/youtube:1388but3]

Surfcrest

francois
June 4th, 2015, 20:02
He and now she is looking for more publicity and TV shows to further her ego and line her purse.

Surfcrest
June 5th, 2015, 14:59
He and now she is looking for more publicity and TV shows to further her ego and line her purse.
The full interview explains that he was born with this incredible challenge with his original sexual identity and that sometimes people with these challenges have been known to over compensate in life, hence this success on the Olympic stage and fame after that, starting with the Wheaties Box. While his situation has nothing to do with being gay (because he's not), the "coming out" process definitely has similarities. Take for example the youth these days who are coming out to family and friends on facebook.

Surfcrest

francois
June 5th, 2015, 20:16
Nothing like lots of money, cosmetic surgery, soft lighting, glam clothes and a tight corset to transform someone into a chic 65 yo woman. It reminds me of Jacko trying to change himself into something he wished for. But it is all about show biz and $$.

francois
June 6th, 2015, 06:48
At least the recent attention has taken the public's eye from the fact she killed someone while driving her SUV. Probably primping herself in the rear-view mirror. Well, maybe it was the hormones she was taking? :YMDEVIL:

a447
June 7th, 2015, 18:09
Someone has now started an on -line petition to get her to return her gold medal on the basis that she knew she was a woman when she competed in a men's competition.

francois
June 8th, 2015, 22:36
The big question (or maybe it is a small question) is whether he/she severed ties with little Brucie and his two hangers-on ?

Smiles
June 9th, 2015, 00:31
The big question (or maybe it is a small question) is whether he/she severed ties with little Brucie and his two hangers-on ?
:D
The consensus from the fan mags (the online versions and their multiplicity of pop-ups: AYOR) seems to be "not yet" ... but shirley, coming soon to a spin-off reality show near you.

lego
June 9th, 2015, 02:03
I'm tempted to rate her "fugly", but that would be rude. So I'll go with, "At this ripe age, who of those forced to look at him/her gives a flying f_ck about his/her gender anyway?", instead.

June 13th, 2015, 14:16
First of all we had trans fats, then trans sexual, and now apparently trans racial. As CNN reports "The race of one of the most prominent faces in Spokane, Washington's black community is under question after her estranged mother claimed she is white but is "being dishonest and deceptive with her identity. Rachel Dolezal, 37, is the head of the local chapter of the NAACP and has identified herself as at least partly African-American. But her Montana birth certificate says she was born to two parents who say they are Caucasian. The parents shared that document and old photos with CNN."

On social media (where else?) "Dolezal's name and the term 'transracial' are becoming top trending hashtags on Twitter. Some users raised the idea of racial passing, in which a person of one race acts as if they belong to another. Others floated the notion that people could cross over lines of racial identity as they do with sexual identity. "Hmm interesting article about #racheldolezal. If she identifies as black, can she be transracial?" one user asked. Other users compared Dolezal with Caitlyn Jenner, formerly known as Bruce Jenner, often in a derogatory manner."

As Dolezal herself says "I feel like I owe my executive committee a conversation," she said. "That question is not as easy as it seems," Dolezal told the Spokesman-Review. "There's a lot of complexities ... and I don't know that everyone would understand that."

I actually preferred the quote in another newspaper "It's a multi-layered issue". Or, as Pontius Pilate put it, "What is truth?". (Did I use that somewhere else recently?)