PDA

View Full Version : Reluctant trip report

bucknaway
May 31st, 2015, 07:47
I'm a little reluctant to post a trip report if only because my trip reports tend to bring arguments, fights, insults and bad behavior as A response from others. But I'm going to post anyway, reluctantly.

Before I arrived in Thailand I found that I was doing exactly what I promised myself I wouldn't do. I promised myself I would not make any date with anyone from the online dating apps like planetromeo or grinder. But I did it anyway.

I arrived in Thailand on a Friday night and checked into Babylon. My friend was working at the front desk and he was as handsome as ever. While he was checking me in I reached into my bag and handed him a bottle of cologne that I bought for him.

It was only 9 p.m. at night so once I got to my room I decided I would go to the sauna to shower. In the sauna I took a short walk around and exchanged my number with a few guys I met once I was back at the locker room but as fate would have it, during my trip I never saw them again.

Well in the shower at Babylon guys would pull my curtain back and peek inside. I knew that it had very little to do with me being in the shower and more to do with the myth of my race and the legendary endowment that black men are supposed to carry. These guys only want to steal a peek, some guys come right out and ask me to show them my cock. I think I like the guys the try to steal a peak more.

After leaving Babylon I took a taxi to Silom. I was a bit surprised how busy things were but was later informed that this was a Thai holiday weekend. While I was out, I got a message from a Korean guy I have been chatting with and we agreed to meet at my room in Babylon. His picture showed hey handsome well muscled sexy asian men. What showed up was a flabby average Asian men. I could not help but wonder if this was early indication to what my holiday in Thailand would bring.

After several days of casual sex with random strangers I was off to Pattaya. I spent several hours on the beach waiting for the perfect guy to come along and massage me but of the three guys I saw doing massage none of them were to my taste.

So that night I decided to go bar hopping and headed straight for Sunee Plaza. Once there I decided to see if I could get entrance into a bar that I've always had trouble getting into. So I went up to the door at Mic My gogo bar. Before I can enter the mamasan blocked the door and told me that it will cost me 400 baht to enter. I told her that for the past two years she has always done this to me only to later apologize. I also told her that if I'm not allowed to enter now I will never enter the bar again this trip. She was unmoved so I went next door and was welcomed into .n boys bar, but not before they warned me that it was a gay bar I was entering. I assure them that I was gay.

Not much to report about the bars I didn't off anyone and I just randomly select the guys to sit with me for tips and drinks, nothing special and nothing unusual up until I got to one bar in particular.

The peculiar happened at Sonny boys. I called one of the more attractive guys to come sit with me for a drink. After some small talk he began to make the case for me to off him. I told him I wasn't interested and that I only came out to visit the bars. He countered with an offer for me to off him and not tip him. I told him that I only had little money in my budget and I could not off him. He then made the offer that I wait for him when the bar closed and we could go across the street to his room for a little fun. I decided enough was enough and offed him. I didn't tell him but I had every intention of tipping him for his time because he was so handsome and seem like a very nice guy.

Once we were out of the bar he decided he did not want to go to his room he wanted to go to my room. While walking to catch the bus back to Jomtien, we stopped for me to buy him cigarettes, then he wanted to stop at N Boys which took us passed the bar that refused my entrance. Once they saw me with a gogo guy, they asked us to come in. I ignore them and we went into the bar next door to them but only after I told the guy I was with that I had already been there and stopping there was a waste of time and money in my opinion. We order drinks and he asked me to tip one of his friends on the stage which I did. I also tipped the guy i sat with earlier when i was there. Still I saw this stop as a waste of money, but he did not know that I was spending his tip money, or I should say the money that he was going to tip him with once we were done. My gut was telling me that this was all going wrong and to close the curtain on this bad act. I decided to pay the tab and gave the waiter a 1000 baht note to cover the check when the waiter came back with the change, the guy I was with leaned in to tell me to tip the waiter 40 baht. I gave into my gut feeling and took all the change from the folder and put it all in the hands of the guy I was with and told him he could take care of the tips and to have a good night. I got up and left the bar with him inside. Shortly after he came running up to me wanting to know if I was ok? I told him I was fine and that I wanted to be left alone. He asked me if I thought if he was no good for me and I told him that we were no good for each other.

I thought it might have been a fluke for a gogo guy to offer free sex this trip but it happened several times. The next night I ended up in Jomtien complex at a little bar before going back to my room at the View Talay 7. Once I was in my room I got a message on Grindr from one of the guys at the complex in the bar where I was sitting. He offered to come to my room for some fun. I told him I was not looking for a money boy and he told me he was not asking for money. He came to my room and stay the night and in the morning we said our goodbyes and no money was asked for and none was given. We talked a little more over the app and I offered to come to his bar an off him because I did like him. He told me it was not necessary because he owns the bar. So for a few days I stopped in at his bar and bought a few rounds of drinks for him and his employees.

I guess that's enough for now, I'll have more either later tonight or tomorrow.

Nirish guy
May 31st, 2015, 09:48
I feel sorry for the poor go go guy, so, he agrees to go back to his / your room with you for free for some fun after work ( thus saving you both offing him and I presume also even tipping him in his bar) he then meets you outside, needs a smoke, fair enough gets his cigarettes and maybe fancies a drink or to say Hi to a friend before he goes off with you or more likely get his friend a small tip to get some face and ensure his friend has some money to eat, likewise re the waiter - so say perhaps 140 baht spent in total there, to which you then get up, wish him good night and walk out - after him perhaps turning down other customers or whatever and leave him sitting. The poor guy then comes after you and asks was he no-good for you only to be told you were no good for each other and away you walk - OUCH.

Whilst on holiday would it not just have been better to perhaps go with the flow and even if it DID cost you a few hundred baht extra SO WHAT, you're ON HOLIDAY, is your budget really that screwed that you couldn't run to that, as if so I think I'd rather what at home just personally. Meanwhile you maybe missed a great nights craic with that guy and even his friends out having a drink and some food ( and yes maybe you paying for that) and then to yours for some great sex ( and yes maybe you paying for that too in the end - but again SO WHAT, surely thats the whole point of going to Pattaya and Sunee Plaza etc in the first place or am I missing something ?

a447
May 31st, 2015, 10:32
When it comes to tipping the boy du jour's friends, I'm with Bucky on this, although I would have handled it differently.

I have a regular guy who "takes care of me" whenever I go to Pattaya. He has worked in numerous bars in Sunee over the years and so has lots of working friends. He has never suggested we visit any of those bars; that's always my idea.

When we first went to Eros, where he used to work, a lot of guys came over to chat with him. I asked him if they were his friends, and he said yes, so I got them all to sit down and bought them drinks. This worked out well for both of us - I got to enjoy the bar and he was saved from boredom by having friends to chat to. On leaving, I tipped the boys, mainly to give face to my friend.

Now I do that every night I'm in Pattaya. As the friends know I won't be offing them, I tell them it's ok to get up and leave if a prospective customer comes in. But they still get a tip. If they do go and sit with a customer - that's rarely happened - I just give the tip to the waiter and ask him to pass it on to the guy.

That way, everyone is a winner and everyone gains face. And I'm not taking my guy on a busman's holiday every night.

But I get really pissed off when, for example, I off a guy in Bangkok and he tells me he wants to go to a gogo bar. Inevitably it's because he has a friend there and wants me to tip him. Or two friends. Or more! I don't think it's my job to take care of his mates.

Bucky, I think you were too harsh on that guy; afterall he was offering you free sex. I'd have tipped the guys but then have left immediately - with the boy - and then made it clear to him that no more tips for his friends would be forthcoming.

Then I would have fucked him! Lol

Gaybutton
May 31st, 2015, 10:47
I went up to the door at Mic My gogo bar. Before I can enter the mamasan blocked the door and told me that it will cost me 400 baht to enter.
I thought your report was well written and quite interesting. I don't understand this part: Why would this mama-san try to charge you 400 baht to enter the bar?

bucknaway
May 31st, 2015, 11:00
I went up to the door at Mic My gogo bar. Before I can enter the mamasan blocked the door and told me that it will cost me 400 baht to enter.
I thought your report was well written and quite interesting. I don't understand this part: Why would this mama-san try to charge you 400 baht to enter the bar?

They have been doing that for years thinking I'm Indian. In the past they told me to tell them I'm American to clear up the misunderstanding but it does not always work.

cdnmatt
May 31st, 2015, 11:03
I feel sorry for the poor go go guy, so, he agrees to go back to his / your room with you for free for some fun after work ( thus saving you both offing him and I presume also even tipping him in his bar) he then meets you outside, needs a smoke, fair enough gets his cigarettes and maybe fancies a drink or to say Hi to a friend before he goes off with you

To be honest, I would have probably done similar. Something would have felt off to me, whether he was hoping to rob me, or drug and rob me once we got back to my room, or whatever. I would have probably cut the encounter short too.

arsenal
May 31st, 2015, 11:18
A nice report Bucky but you must know that there's no complimentary sex in Pattaya. I was rather shocked that a certain gogo bar won't allow you in. However if it's because they think you are Indian then the Indians have only themselves to blame for their habbit of trying to skank the boys they off.

bucknaway
May 31st, 2015, 11:27
I go with my gut. His whole personality changed once we were on the street. I'd only agreed to go with him so I could see his room but once we were out the door he didn't want to go to his room anymore. I soon had the feeling I was being "handled" by a working guy who does this every day.

In the end it only cost me his drink and tip and an off fee at sunny boys, smokes and a lighter, drinks and tips at N.nice boys and a 1000 baht note.

cdnmatt
May 31st, 2015, 14:00
In the end it only cost me his drink and tip and an off fee at sunny boys, smokes and a lighter, drinks and tips at N.nice boys and a 1000 baht note.

Yeah, don't worry, I think you were more than generous during that little encounter.

Heck, nobody pays me 1000 baht for the pleasure of buying me a couple drinks. I must be doing something wrong here.

christianpfc
May 31st, 2015, 15:35
It has actually happened to me that boys from bars went for free, but it's rare. In your place, I would have gone with the boy. I always appreciate if a boy shows interest. No problem spending a few Baht on the way to room, but smoking would have been an issue for me.

So I went up to the door at Mic My gogo bar (edit: now Power Boys). Before I can enter the mamasan blocked the door and told me that it will cost me 400 baht to enter.

I witnessed similar before:

Friday 06.08.2013
I walk past Nice Boys and hear the staff talking to prospective customers (they looked Arab or Indian) тАЬYou buy ticket 200 Baht, including one drinkтАЭ. That deserves clarification, so I ask and get offered the same deal. They seem to have double pricing, when I went the following day, no discussion, no ticket, drink price 130 Baht. On another occasion (a year ago, in another bar), I saw that Russians have to pay for their drinks immediately after serving.
http://www.gaybuttonthai.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6029

Brad the Impala
May 31st, 2015, 15:52
Good to see you posting your trip reports again Bucknaway. Hope that you have some happier experiences to come.

joe552
May 31st, 2015, 16:04
I'd only agreed to go with him so I could see his room but once we were out the door he didn't want to go to his room anymore. I soon had the feeling I was being "handled" by a working guy who does this every day.

You took the boy off so you could see his room? Not for sex? Of course you were "handled" by a guy who does his job every day. What did you expect? I've visited one boy's room in Pattaya - shared with maybe 10 other boys. It's not somewhere I'd want to spend time, and I can understand the boy not wanting to have sex there, when the alternative is a nice hotel room or apartment. Sometimes, bucky, your naivete (sp?) amazes me.

I do feel you did the right thing in boycotting the bar that thought you were Indian. Lots of places to choose from, so why go somewhere you feel unwelcome?

Gaybutton
May 31st, 2015, 16:19
Am I missing something? Why would any of the gay bars want to either ban or charge someone hundreds of baht to enter on the basis that he might be Indian? This is the first time I've ever heard of that. I've also never heard any stories about Indians causing problems in bars, certainly not to the point that bars would want to keep them all out. I've never even seen Indians in any of the gay bars. What's the problem about Indians?

These days, with many venues either closed, up for sale, or very low on customer numbers, I would have thought most bars would be happy to see anybody walk in, no matter where they come from.

And why would anyone think bucknaway might be Indian? Unless he looks totally different from his photos, somehow I doubt he resembles many people native to Mumbai . . .

cdnmatt
May 31st, 2015, 16:21
What's the problem about Indians?

You live in Pattaya, don't you? Some of them are complete cunts. They'll do things like off a boy, then when they go back to the guys room, there's another 3 guys waiting there, and all 4 of them expect to run a train on the Thai guy for 1000 baht.

Gaybutton
May 31st, 2015, 16:27
You live in Pattaya, don't you? Some of them are complete cunts
Are they? Then maybe I really am missing something. I've never heard any stories such as you're telling. I meant what I said - I've never even seen Indians in any of the gay bars - not beer bars, not go go bars. That doesn't mean problems that you describe don't happen. It just means I'm not aware of any such stories. Even if "some of them are complete cunts," so are plenty of people of other nationalities - and I have witnessed many incidents. If that kind of problem is common among Indians, then wouldn't the bar be better served to let them in, buy drinks, but refuse to let them take boys off?

But again, bucknaway is being mistaken for an Indian? I don't see it, myself.

Nirish guy
May 31st, 2015, 17:35
Yeah just to confirm what cdnmatt is saying there I too have heard those very same stories from several working boys over the years who have had first hand experience of the arriving back at the guys room thing and been met / surprised by several other guys, all looking and expecting serviced for the original single fee.

Sometimes depending on the boy they stand firm and manage to negotiate up "a bit" but other times not and so they either leave with nothing by their choice or suck it up and get on with it as they need the money or as a few of the guys told me they weren't quite given a chance to leave so easily :-(. They also have told me the exactly the same story re some of their Arab customers as well.

I hate relating things like this as it sounds like pure racism but if so that's certainly not my intention and in this case I am merely repeating the situations that boys have recounted to me over several years and as to whether they are true or not I can't say but knowing the guys as I do I see no particular reason to disbelieve them as it wasn't told to me in any attention grabbing fashion but just as a mere passing fact.

May 31st, 2015, 17:55
Is there any point bucky where you wonder whether the costs of travel to Thailand outweigh the meagre benefits once you're there?

Gaybutton
May 31st, 2015, 19:19
Yeah just to confirm what cdnmatt is saying
I believe both of you. Neither of you have any reason to say it if it isn't true.

Dalewood
May 31st, 2015, 19:40
Bucky:

1. I see nothing wrong with your posts, past or present---keep it up.
2. I did not notice that I was treated any differently from Caucasians when I was in Pattaya over Songkran. I am sure I went in the same place that gave you the third degree.
3. I saw Indians in both Boystown and Sunee that seemed to be having just as good of a time as anyone else---I have seen them barred from some places but that was over twenty years ago. One group of dark-skinned Indians in Boystown were wearing Nazi T-shirts. My Thai friend, who is pretty well-versed on America, wondered why I wanted to strangle them---I reminded him that my father had to fight the Nazis in WWII. Wasn't it about twenty years ago that the "Nazi Bar" opened somewhere near Patpong/Silom? The help was even wearing Gestapo armbands. I do not remember how long they were open.

Oliver
May 31st, 2015, 20:06
That's amazing....though the new Nationalist government is pretty nasty and has some vicious people in it. Are you sure the signs you saw weren't Hindu ? The Nazi swastika is an inversion of the Hindu one. You can see the signs all over Bali.

scottish-guy
May 31st, 2015, 20:06
...why would anyone think bucknaway might be Indian? . . .

Maybe he minces through Sunee wearing a turban?

...The peculiar (thing) happened at Sonny Boys.....

With Indians being persona non grata apparently, Sunee bar owners are displaying uncharacteristic business acumen in targetting the Jewish market with an Al Jolson theme bar!

On the assumption Sonny Boys takes off, I eagerly anticipate the grand opening of Mammy bar.

Oi Vey!

:ymparty:

goji
May 31st, 2015, 20:10
I hate relating things like this as it sounds like pure racism but if so that's certainly not my intention and in this case I am merely repeating the situations that boys have recounted to me over several years

I don't see it as racism & your point is perfectly valid. If a high percentage of people from certain cultures misbehave, I'm not surprised the bars discourage them. This might not even be a race issue, more that a certain type of person from a country goes to Thailand. Perhaps in the same way British and some other European youngsters go to places like Ibiza to get p***** and have some noisy fun. I wouldn't want to be sharing a bar with them either & they are the same race as me (ie it's not racism).

Now if a certain category of people misbehave, I'm quite happy that the bars ban them. When I see people enter gogo bars & stand there sneering at the boys on stage whilst having no intention of buying a drink, it's hardly surprising that the bars try to discourage them. I think that is the correct response. Treat the bar with contempt and expect to be banned.
The same goes for hotels, try reading trip advisor reports for some of the hotels in South Pattaya to see what I mean.

I have been on the wrong end of discrimination by bars too. For example, it's common practice in quiet German bars to charge customers for the beer at the end of the session. When out drinking with Irish students (many years ago), we were often asked to pay for the beers as we go. That's because the bars had suffered from too many people from our countries "doing a runner". I think it was better for the bars to target us than to remove the privilege for all customers.

Of course, the downside is the people who do behave suffer discrimination. Perhaps the bars need to be more discerning & identify genuine customers.

scottish-guy
May 31st, 2015, 20:16
..Perhaps the bars need to be more discerning & identify genuine customers.

For what I've seen over the years this should not be difficult:

Customers presenting at any bar with wigs/dentures/walking-sticks/zimmers/oxygen masks&tanks/flashlights for examining sphincters - are all genuine gay customers, and should be admitted. In fact, they're probably ex-pats and will therefore expect a discount.

:ymparty:

Nirish guy
May 31st, 2015, 20:27
........the "Nazi Bar" opened somewhere near Patpong/Silom? The help was even wearing Gestapo armbands.

On two occasions in the last two years I've had to take two of my Thai friends aside and point out to them that their recently purchased Nazi emblem Swastika logo tee shirts come across as offensive to many people (except Christian it seems).

On both occasions they had absolutely no idea to what I was referring and even after my explaining they still didn't quite get it or even know much about WW2 for that matter and had simply bought the tee shirts as they liked them / thought the "logo" was some cool form of western branding ( which I guess in some sick way it almost was), one immediately went and changed his shirt and apologised for his mistake, the other mind you wasn't so keen as he still "liked it" and it was only when I suggested that his off's may be harshly affected and drop way down did money talk and he too went and changed to something a little more suitable for go go boy attire.

cdnmatt
May 31st, 2015, 20:33
heh, honestly doesn't surprise me Thais don't know much about WWII. After all, Thailand basically just let the Japanese waltz right in and take over the country without putting up a fight. Probably not something the leaders in Thailand want published in school history books, lol

What did surprise me is several of them (including Kim) didn't even know about Pol Pot. You would think they'd at least know about that, since it was right next door, Thailand basically hates Cambodia, and it was only 40 odd years ago.

francois
May 31st, 2015, 20:45
As for Indians, there have been reports, in the newspapers, of them "ganging up" on a prostitute once in the room however this has been either a lady or lady-boy. Perhaps they are dead beats as far as buying a drink in the bars? I do know best to avoid them when doing business with them as they want to re-negotiate the agreed on fee after the job is done. This just may be the way it is in their home county.

On other hand a friend is pleased to do business with Arabs since they pay up and no questions asked.

I also observed someone, either Indian or Middle Easterner , in Happy Boys who was a complete asshole when it came to money and tips with the boys. No one wanted to get near him so that type of behavior may tarnish their image?

catawampuscat
May 31st, 2015, 21:07
I was with a black American acquaintance, waiting for a baht bus in Pattaya. He said he
would step away as the drivers wouldn't stop for him. He said they thought he was Arab
but maybe it was really Indian/Pakistani. He also gets rebuffed in boy bars but it could
be more than skin color as he's very demanding and always complaining about the boys.
Remember too, that pasty white skin is considered beautiful and dark skin not beautiful
by many of the Thai boys.
Fortunately, for many of us, the Western aversion to old age and morbid obesity is not
a problem in Thailand,

Dalewood
May 31st, 2015, 21:14
Oliver, the swastikas were "pointed" in the correct direction.

bucknaway
May 31st, 2015, 21:35
Is there any point bucky where you wonder whether the costs of travel to Thailand outweigh the meagre benefits once you're there?

I'm only sharing the highlights of my time in Thailand without the daily blow by blow (So to speak) Events. So far I have only related a few moments of my 2 1/2 week holiday.

Also, I enjoy every part of life, I enjoy the good with the bad and with that being said, I will return to Thailand in October.

goji
May 31st, 2015, 22:18
On two occasions in the last two years I've had to take two of my Thai friends aside and point out to them that their recently purchased Nazi emblem Swastika logo tee shirts come across as offensive to many people (except Christian it seems).

The swastika was around in Asia long before Hitler got hold of it. Also, Hitler's activities were a long way from Thailand and when we visit the far east, we should appreciate that the symbol has a different significance there.
If (for example) Pol Pot had adopted a cross as his party symbol, we still wouldn't expect people from Asia to come to Europe and criticise it's use in churches or on ambulances. Or would we?

Of course, if your friends rely on westerners for their income, you were right to warn them about the possible incorrect perceptions that may arise from them wearing swastikas.

Brad the Impala
May 31st, 2015, 22:26
I'm a little reluctant to post a trip report if only because my trip reports tend to bring arguments, fights, insults and bad behavior as A response from others.

I see your point!

bucknaway
May 31st, 2015, 23:29
On the 2nd morning in Pattaya I was hopeful of finding a cute guy to give me a massage on the beach. I also wanted to search the beach for the guy in my Avatar who I met a few years ago when he use to be a massage guy on the beach. He is an off/on kickboxer and is as masculine as they come. He is a fun guy and I walked the beach looking for him with no luck. I found a seat and got a pedicure and later ordered a bowl of Jok. A few guys came to offer massage. One fair skin guy that offered his services with pushy sexual overtones. I remembered him from last year and he remembered me. Last year I was there with a friend from the boards and when i met the fair skinned massage guy, my friend told him to go away and warned me that I would not enjoy his services. That has stuck with me. I find the guy attractive but I didn't want to waste the baht or time on an experiment.

Another guy later came along offering massage and I waved him off. Before he left, he leaned over and massaged my calf and his hands felt like heaven! His skin saw soft but firm, His fingers applied the perfect amount of pressure and seem to read my body as to where it wanted to be touched. He then moved on and I was conflicted. Should I call him back? Should I wait for someone else? I decided to call him back and just as I was trying to get his attention he found a customer.... Not long after my wait I accepted a massage from a cute guy. I had to instruct him not to put the menthol on my body which seem to cause him a moment of hesitation. He asked me why I no like and I told him It was a hot day with bugs. I didn't want to have hot skin also. We agreed on a lotion massage. His massage was OK but I was longing for the guy with the magic hands.

Later I left the chairs headed back to View Talay 7. While walking I heard my name called out and who should run up to me? Only the guy in my avatar! Sure our friendship is purely commercial but I was as happy to see him as I would any genuine friend. He came up to me, and stood so close to me that if I were not holding my towel infront of me I am sure his body would be pressed against mine which I took note of as it was an unusual act by him. In the past he tried to hide his male "Friendships" from the eyes of the general public. As we stood toe to toe, grinning at each other, he leaned in and gave me a full kiss on the lips while pulling my hand to feel his erection. He was still as handsome as I remembered but gone was was trendy haircut with the shock of color at the front. Now he seemed more mature and a little more hardened and I got the impression that life was not easy for him. He asked for my phone and once he had it, he placed a call to himself and handed it back to me telling me it is his new number. After some small talk with a lot of sexual innuendo, I sized him up. I took note that it was 4:pm and he smelled of beer and was on the brink of being drunk. His hands were rough and his palms felt of thick skin from hard labor. What shocked me the most about him was his public display of affection.

We met up later and I found his company to be enjoyable. He approaches fun much like he enters the ring when he fights. I won't say a lot about it other than to say that when the fun is over it would not be inappropriate if someone were to ring a bell and lift his hand in triumph. It's one of the reasons I look for him when I arrive in Pattaya and he always proves to be great company.

Later that night I went back to Sunee Plaza and I was looking forr a particular person. Some of you may know him. Some call him Beer and some call him Bea. He is a sweet guy that I consider a free spirit. I think he is having a harder time in Pattaya then he lets on but you would never know it by the smile on his face and the kindness in his heart. Well I found him at a host bar. He was joking with the staff. He does not remember me from years ago but I remember him. He came up to me and saaid hello. I said hello to him and opened my wallet and gave him 500 baht. He took it with glee and laughter and waved it about as he jumped with joy. I then said "You're welcome Bea" which brought him to a complete halt and him demanding to know "You know Bea? How you know Bea?" I laughed and told him it was okay if he didn't remember me. After joking with him for a while as he tried with no success to remember me, I moved on and returned to Sunny Boys GOGO.

At Sunny Boys, I was sat next to a friendly customer and we chatted about the guys we liked on stage and picked out what we found to be attractive guys. One guy i liked was from Vietnam. I was waiting for him to rotate closer to me but he was called off the stage and offed by a guy... You snooze, you lose.... While at Sunny Boys I was approached by the guy I had offed and walked away from. He leaned in and whispered for me to buy him a drink. I smiled and shook my head no. That was the end of my interaction with him for the remainder of my trip.

I returned to N.Nice boys and sat with the guy I had sat with the night before. He had a cough and I started a game of tickle with him to check his body temperature. He didn't have a fever but I still worried about his cough. I thought of going to the pharmacy and buying cough medication but decided that it would be better to just give him enough money to buy it himself if he needed it. So I gave him his a tip. He went to get up thinking I wanted him to go. I held him in his seat and asked him if he was lucky. He told me he was. I put 300 baht in one hand and 20 baht in the other. I put my hands behind my back and shuffled the folded money from hand to hand and asked him to pick a hand. He choose the hand with the 20 baht note in it. I asked if he was sure and nodded my head towards the other hand. He took the hint and choose the other hand. After a little bit of fun I let him win the 300 baht and gave the 20 baht to one of the other guys on the stage and then left the bar to go to Boyztown.

While walking to Boyztown I went to check my app and saw a message from the Jomtien Complex bar owner. "You mis my cock?" was his only message to me LOL!

In Boyztown I went to Boys Boys Boys. They were about to give me an awful seat to see the show so I turned to leave. As I turned to go, a host grabbed my hand a lead me to a better seat. Once seated the host constantly returned to my side touching me from time to time and making the usual small talk. On return trips to BBB this seemed to become a pattern. would enter and being alone they would try to set me off to the back or somewhere. I'm nearsighted and would not enjoy the show so far back so I would turn to leave and again the same host would place me in a better seat. Each time this happened he would spend more time by my side which soon escalated to him kissing my cheek and trying to put his hands down my pants. On one visit he never left my side from the time I sat down to the time I got up to leave. I decided that on my next visit I would not come alone even if I had to off someone to go into the bar with me.

Nearing the end of my time in Pattaya, I was at Sansuk Sauna I met a Japanese guy there on holiday and we were to meet again in Boyz Town. He was to go with me into BBB. Well he sent me a message telling me he could not come (Later I found that it was a miscommunication) so I entered the bar. The host that shows me too much attention tried to put me in a seat in a area that most of the staff tend to sit. I balked and turned to leave. He then directed me to sit next to a young Chinese guy. I took the seat became fast friends with the Chinese guy. While we were chatting the Japanese guy showed up and we all had to squeeze together on the seat we already shared with some other guys. I was happy as I had to put my arm around the Chinese guy as well as my Japanese friend so there was no room for the host to get near me.

Once out the bar I parted ways with the Japanese, exchanged contact info with the Chinese guy and headed back to my room.
I did take note that my Chinese friend didn't tip. I decided to find out if my Japanese friend tipped and I later learned that he didn't tip either.

The next day I took met up with my new Chinese friend and we went to SanSuk together. I had a lot of fun there but he told me that he didn't find anyone handsome enough to do anything with. We got on his bike to return it around 8pm and then I showed him how to use the baht bus and we rode the bus to my condo. I wanted to show him how to find my condo so that he could meet me in the morning to ride with me in my car back to Bangkok. He was going to take the bus back.

I asked him if he ever had been to Sunee Plaza? He had never heard of it. So the plan was to go to the show at BBB then go to Sunee. As we walked past Powerboys, the staff begged us to come in. I told them that the Mamasan does not like me so we walked on. I took him past the bars and explained their purpose and operation. Once we were walking past the closed Krazy Dragon I asked him what he wanted to see. He told me so we went to N.Boys. We were sat by a handsome waiter that was about 25 or 26. My friend took a liking to him and after asking me a few questions told me he was going to off him for short time and wanted me to wait for him. He paid the check without tip and left with his off. I walked around the Plaza going in from bar to bar and ended up at one bar where a guy chuck-wow'ed for me. Just as I was leaving my Chinese friend told me he was done and on the baht bus ready to meet me again.

We ended up at Xboys. It was new for him but old hat for me. He was not impressed with the guys or the show. I could understand why and found myself making excuses for the bar telling him tales of how it use to be a fun bar with many guys.

After the night was done, he went to his room and I went to mine. I guess he went to sleep but I met up with a guy from one of the apps.

goji
June 1st, 2015, 00:09
Thank you for posting the trip reports.

As for your comment about the Japanese and Chinese not tipping the waiters, well they just don't do tipping in Japan. The service is included in the price you pay & that works well. I believe that's how it still is in Thailand outside places patronised by western tourists, so we should not expect tourists from within Asia to automatically follow American tipping customs.

bucknaway
June 1st, 2015, 00:23
I just found it interesting to note that my asian friends don't tip and there was no expectation of a tip. But if I didn't tip there would be sour words mumbled.

When I hung out with my Japanese and Chinese friends in Bangkok, I let them handle the check and paid my portion to them LOL

Nirish guy
June 1st, 2015, 00:48
I then said "You're welcome Bea" which brought him to a complete halt and him demanding to know "You know Bea? How you know Bea?"

I just LOVE those moments in Pattaya as thanks to the ridiculously long memory for detail the average thai bar boy has it's so rare to catch one of them out like this and like yourself when I do i make maximum mileage out of it regaling stories of "OF COURSE I know you, we fucked MANY times and in such crazy ways - you don't remember the night with the bicycle pump and the shower hose attachment?" etc etc , ha the crazy thing is no mater how bizarre I think I'm being half times they genuinely say "oh yes, I remember doing that" - but I know it sure as hell wasn't with ME - worse luck half times ! lol ( not that I'm into bicycle pumps I should add as my reputation is already in the gutter enough without adding to it ! :-)

bucknaway
June 1st, 2015, 01:08
Nature Boy and my Japanese Friend.

Back in Bangkok I took my Japanese friend to Screw Boy... Then to Nature Boy, Golden Cock and the other bar along that street but I forget its name.
He had never been to Nature Boy bar before and with him being a bottom guy, he enjoyed the attention from the guys. I was not attracted to any of them but one but since I was playing host I wanted him to have the full attention of the cute guy. The other guys sat around me but I lied to them and told them I was his hired guide and I had no money until my customer paid me at the end of the night. They then pulled their chairs around him. He ordered drinks for all 3 of them and seemed to have fun. They wanted him to open his pants but he laughingly told them no.

When the check came, we split it 50/50. The guys gut up and returned to the stage happy just to drink and did not ask for a tip.

We left there and went to Golden Cock. We stuck our heads in but the guys were in Jeans and we walked out. We went to the hidden bar with the glass sliding door. We were the only customers in sight and when we entered he recognized a guy from his past. We sat and drank and a guy came from a door which I later learned led to short time rooms.

We left there and went to Hotmale for the show that only bored me. The guys were in Jeans and the show was short with uninspired acts. The black guy on stage seem to always be smiling in my direction but I was not interested if only because his mannerisms were on the feminine side. Besides, I don't off much at all thanks to Grindr, gayromeo, jacked, hornet, adam4adam, manhunt, and gaydar. Not to mention Babylon, DJ Station and Telephone Pub.

We left there and went back to Golden Cock. By this time my Japanese friend is drunk and making passes at me. I topped him once when we met at Sansuk but it's not my thing and I was not interested in a repeat. I told him he was just talking drunk and told him I would put him in a cab to go back to his room.

He wanted to find a guy so I took him back to Soi Twilight. The bars were closing and the gogo guys were pouring out of the bars. He found a guy he knew and they were off to find a taxi. I figured I would take a slow walk back to my hotel in Saladaeng and as always, I ordered take-out using one of the phone apps.

bucknaway
June 1st, 2015, 02:31
My visit to Farose Sauna....

My Chinese friend invited me to join him on a trip to Farose Sauna. We were to meet up Friday night and go there after midnight. We meet at Hotmale. He went inside to see the show and I sat outside and nursed a beer not wanting to pay $300 baht for a show I seen many times this trip. Outside I met many Chinese guys there on holiday and they all were so friendly and were happy to practice their English with me. Often we had to use google translate.

I told a Thai friend I was going to Farose and he cautioned me to go to a nicer sauna. He told me he heard the place was not clean and that I would not like it. I told him I'm in Thailand to see what I could see and I was getting bored going to the places that cater to foreigners. I wanted to see where the Thai's go when they are not in the tourist zones. I asked if he had ever been and he told me no, he had only head feedback from others.

Oh, more on using the google translate app... As a matter of fact, I recall my chinese friend look up the definition for the word Jet-lag when we were having a conversation. Anyway.......

Well it took us a while to find a Taxi that would take us and use the meter. I had to pull out my cell phone and threaten to report them with the DLT app. Once I did, one cab that refused to turn on the meter and pulled off, backed up, honked his horn and agreed to take us and would use his meter. Once there he DEMANDED a tip.

When we got there we were given keys to our locker and if it was not for my friend I would have never found my locker. I am also grateful to have worn underwear that were easy on the eyes as their towels were the size of face-towels.

Once changed I was shown around. We entered a disco type room and I was accepted with glee from the feminine guys. When we headed for the door to see the rest of the place, 2 guys grabbed hold of me asking me not to go. I smiled and told then I will come back and that I was following my friend.

The place was a maze of floors, halls, rooms. Outside and a sitting area near the pool/fountain with a garden area as well as 2 buildings with dark rooms.

We agree to meet by the desk at 3am and decide what to do from there. I went outside and was invited to sit with a friendly group of Thai guys. They tried to get me to smoke and drink with them but I don't smoke and I don't drink beer by choice socially. I did enjoy sitting with them. One guy -- the life of the party -- joked with me that he didn't think I was gay. I assured him I was. He stood up and freed his ample cock and suggested that I suck his cock to prove I was gay which brought about much laughter and comments from the group he was sitting with. I didn't suck his cock. He sat down near me. Pulled my underwear open, leaned forward and gobbled my cock right there in the open! I was shocked and surprised and found myself laughing as I tried to pull his head from my lap. More comments and laughter of dis-belief erupted from the group. He stood in-front of me again, freeing his ample cock, asking me to suck him to prove I am gay. I grabbed his cock and gave it a kiss on the shaft which caused his friends to erupt with more laughs and comments.

After a while, he turned to me and told me that they all want to know... 'Are you top? Or are you bottom?"....... "Bottom" I said. More howling and half of the guys at the stone table left except for the "Life of the party" a Farang guy and a handsome Thai Guy sitting next to me who turned out to be the former lover to the "Life of the Party". I got up to explore and the "Life of the party pulled down my underwear and stuck his finger up my ass and told them that he can validate that I was a bottom! The bastard! Hahahaha! That only bought about more howls of laughter and comments. A few of the guys wanted to check with me to be sure I was not offended by their friend and I assured them I enjoyed their company and could tell that the "Life of the party" was a good guy and only having fun.

I made my way around the sauna and let myself get pulled into a few rooms but nothing major happened. I kinda got the feeling I was just satisfying the curiosity of some.
It was now nearing 2:30 am. I made my way outside. Someone called my name and it turned out to be the guy who was the former lover to the "Life of the party"

He had me join him in the karaoke room where he sang a song. We went outside and sat and talked for a while. Soon we were secretly touching when one of their friends came by and threw cold water on our fun. He played it cool and soon walked away while I held a conversation with the new guy.... I waited for an opening and left the new guy alone. I later learned that he was the best friend to the "Life of the Party". When I was walking to find the guy I was flirting with, I heard my name whispered from the shadows. I turned to look but could not see who called me. "Over here!" came the whisper again and I saw him and followed as he entered one of the outside buildings with the dark rooms. We found a corner and began to kiss and touch. We did some things in an open empty room and when it was over, if I hadn't had my eyes closed the entire time, I would have realized we had a crowd of Thai guys standing around us with many of them stroking their cocks.

Before I left, I got his number and programmed it into my phone.

Later I told my Thai Friend, the one that told me not to go, about my time there. Saturday night I got a "Line" message from him telling me that he was in the taxi going to Farose. The next day I asked him how he liked it and he told me that he liked it a lot.

I told him when I return to Bangkok, I want to go there with him.

June 1st, 2015, 06:20
I don't smoke ...
Not even on holiday?!

bucknaway
June 1st, 2015, 07:00
I don't smoke ...
Not even on holiday?!

Not tobacco

GWMinUS
June 1st, 2015, 10:01
Bucky, I think it is great you enjoy Thailand.
Do you ever visit other countries in Asian??
GWM

christianpfc
June 1st, 2015, 13:22
I have seen large numbers of pieces of clothing decorated with swastikas (the Nazi version; from context you can easily distinguish it from the religious symbol) and taken pictures of dozens and will some day post a summary.

There are two Farose saunas; Farose 1 in Huay Khwang is indeed a dump whereas Farose 2 is a bit better maintained (but still I wouldn't want to know what it looks like under daylight).

I've been in Farose 1 twice (the second time just to confirm that it's still as derelict and run-down as first time), and many times in Farose 2. My experiences in Farose 2 are similar to Bucky's. It's important to know that activity starts late (10 or 11 pm). While not at a high standard of cleanliness and maintenance, worth going for a different experience. There is a bar (drinks all night included in entry) with disco/karaoke, and buffet (limited choice, rice with whatever) included in entry.

Wim888
June 1st, 2015, 13:43
Interesting trip report....

bucknaway
June 1st, 2015, 17:32
Bucky, I think it is great you enjoy Thailand.
Do you ever visit other countries in Asian??
GWM

I'm embarrassed to say that I've only visited Thailand.....
Next year, who knows.....

fedssocr
June 2nd, 2015, 06:45
Great report. Thanks for posting!