PDA

View Full Version : where should I stay in Sunee Plaza

davidmelba
May 29th, 2015, 05:42
coming to Sunee in mid June...I am in my late fifties and looking to spend about 900 bt per night for hotel..I'm torn between the colonial, the marina or elephant Plaza Hotels..I want to be near the action but not too crazy since I plan on being in bed by 3 a.m....any advice from you long time visitors? thank you for your help

Manforallseasons
May 29th, 2015, 07:55
Firstly don't expect to be "in the middle of all the action" as I've never seen Sunee as empty as it is at the moment. Elephant is good, and one you didn't mention Eldorado nice guest house with ok restaurant. I'm not a "long time visitor" I live here.

http://eldorado-pattaya.com/#top

Up2U
May 29th, 2015, 08:57
Yensabai Condo has daily and weekly rates, overlooks Sunee but best to stay on the swimming pool side of building.

paperboy
May 29th, 2015, 19:44
i always stay at two guys guest house
and in june they have a specail offer for every 4 night you get one free
look them up
its well worth the money

jjg1950
May 30th, 2015, 16:23
I want to reiterate a previous poster's recommendation for Two Guys Guesthouse. Close to Sunee Plaza Two Guys is a great location, good rooms, good food, good rates and John is a great host and information guru.

cdnmatt
May 30th, 2015, 17:01
huh, no recommendation for Mosaic?

I'm assuming their quality has went down over the last few years? They were always almost the #1 recommendation.

joe552
May 30th, 2015, 17:40
I'll be going back to Mosaik next week (yippee!). My fifth time (I think). I'll post my findings then, but have no reason to expect standards are worse than before. Always had a good experience there.

Splurging on a one bed apartment rather than a studio this time, since it will be my last visit to Pattaya until someone dies (and it's not the King).

Nirish guy
May 30th, 2015, 17:48
Don't worry joe as the good news is that there's someone dying every day SOMEWHERE in the world so you might well end up back there long before you think then - and especially if those 6 numbers and a bonus ball come up eh !!! :-)

joe552
May 30th, 2015, 18:10
NIrish, I don't play the lottery, except when it comes to offing boys from go-go bars. And I've never seen a bonus ball, much to my relief :)

Jetsam
May 30th, 2015, 23:02

. The beds are way to hard :P

cdnmatt
May 31st, 2015, 00:02

. The beds are way to hard :P

And their "kitchen" is somewhat a joke. They offer a fully equipped kitchen, but don't bother giving you a pan, pot, or even a kettle. You either request those separately, or you head to Friendship Market and buy some.

joe552
May 31st, 2015, 02:04
Who cooks on their holidays? Matt, I know you stayed at Mosaik for quite a while, but for a tourist, all I need is a kettle for morning coffee.

scottish-guy
May 31st, 2015, 05:02
?........I've never seen a bonus ball, much to my relief :)

All pawnbrokers have three - and openly flaunt the fact by hanging them out the window

thaiguest
May 31st, 2015, 08:27
Yensabai Condo has daily and weekly rates, overlooks Sunee but best to stay on the swimming pool side of building.
Best not stay any side in this place. The dragon bitch boss had upped the joiner age to 20 cos she can -I'm told.

cdnmatt
May 31st, 2015, 12:59
Who cooks on their holidays? Matt, I know you stayed at Mosaik for quite a while, but for a tourist, all I need is a kettle for morning coffee.

I don't know, I love cooking. I like restaurants too, but if I'm on a say 2 week holiday, I don't want to eat out every meal. That's why I've generally always preferred serviced aparmtents over hotels.

That, and cooking with someone is always fun. Grab a boy special, head to Friendship Market to pickup some groceries, then hang out at the apartment and cook together over a couple beers and some good music. Good times. :-)

joe552
May 31st, 2015, 13:16
Ah, that's where we differ Matt. Cooking is a chore for me, and one of the joys of being on holiday is that I can let someone else do it. I rarely "eat out" here at home, so I enjoy going to restaurants when on holiday.

christianpfc
May 31st, 2015, 18:03
I'm with joe552.

I can't cook, I don't want to cook, and food is so cheap in Thailand that it's not worth cooking at home. That saves me time and I don't have to store foodstuff. And I don't make a mess in my room (it's better to have a separate room for cooking - water vapor and oil splashes).

May 31st, 2015, 19:05
Marina Inn is very cheap. About 20 EUR a night. Cheaper is almost impossible and it borders Sunee.

Dalewood
May 31st, 2015, 19:53
Gentlemen: If I want to stay in Sunee in a place at least as nice as Ganymede, where should I choose? Bondi and DD Inn were probably very good value, but I want to stay in a nicer place. (Hyacinth Bucket cast her spell upon me....)

bobsaigon2
May 31st, 2015, 21:27
I suspect you won't find a "nicer place" to your liking in Sunee. If you don't mind taking baht buses, you might consider http://www.baansouy.com/, possibly the nicest gay accommodation in Pattaya.

egel
June 1st, 2015, 00:12
Up2U wrote:

Best not stay any side in this place. The dragon bitch boss had upped the joiner age to 20 cos she can -I'm told.

If you do decide to stay in Yensabai Condo do NOT deal with the above mentioned dishonest cow. Book thru http://www.pattayarentaroom.com/

goji
June 1st, 2015, 03:07
I want to reiterate a previous poster's recommendation for Two Guys Guesthouse.

I gave up stopping there as the rooms were not cleaned properly and the cleaner was clearly employed to sit on her fat arse in reception all day.
That was a few years ago, so hopefully they have fixed this.

Two Guys is not in Sunee Plaza, but is a short walk away. If we're extending the boundaries, Mosaic and The Flamingo are other good options.

As for the Colonial, has anyone ever stayed there?