PDA

View Full Version : Bang Saray Pattaya's Once Sleepy Neighbor

Manforallseasons
May 26th, 2015, 14:50
Some years back this picturesque fishing village only a short ride south off Sukumvit road was a world apart from the hussle and bustle of Pattaya. Once there were a few inexpensive restaurants a clean beach and a small town center. Went there for lunch today and wow what a change, new condos going up all over and signs for those not even started yet, I guess nothing lasts forever...

arsenal
May 26th, 2015, 22:22
I watched them build one of the piers that the fishing boats moor at a few years ago. The worker was perched on a concrete plinth sticking up out of the sea and he was drilling away at it with a pneumatic drill. One slip and both he and the drill are done for. No wonder so many boys choose to work in the gogo bars if that's the alternative.

joe552
May 26th, 2015, 23:16
I think I visited once during one of my early trips. We went by motorbike and it took about half an hour. Would that be about right? We had lunch at a nice restaurant close to the beach and it seemed like a relaxing place to be (for a day, anyway).

Brad the Impala
May 27th, 2015, 01:30
Some years back this picturesque fishing village only a short ride south off Sukumvit road was a world apart from the hussle and bustle. Once there were a few inexpensive restaurants a clean beach and a small town center. I guess nothing lasts forever...

It doesn't. What was written above also described Pattaya once. Ah the passage of time!