PDA

View Full Version : That Sew and Sew on Pataya Tai

Manforallseasons
May 23rd, 2015, 18:31
If you find yourself in need of something repaired from a missing button to a torn sheet across from the main entrance of Tuck Com down about 100 meters toward second road you'll find 2 ladies that have set themselves up with sewing machines, I just had a small tear in a pair of shorts nicely mended for 20 baht.

oldfarang
May 24th, 2015, 20:39
Are they just for repair jobs or also could make a nice shirt or trousers?
Nothing special, don't bother with the Indian shops and such, mostly rip-offs and/or fronts for other activities, since most is made in a large factory anyway.

Manforallseasons
May 24th, 2015, 22:41
Only repair.

francois
May 24th, 2015, 23:23
There are some shops, run by Thais, toward the back of Tukcom which can make clothing. Nearby Royal House Massage, just wander around and ask them about shirts and trousers. A friend had some shirts made to his specifications and was very satisfied.

thaiguest
May 26th, 2015, 01:53
There are some shops, run by Thais, toward the back of Tukcom which can make clothing. Nearby Royal House Massage, just wander around and ask them about shirts and trousers. A friend had some shirts made to his specifications and was very satisfied.
The fake tailors on Walking St and elsewhere get our suits and shirts made there. I've often seen their gofars heading off on their mocycs with a suit or shirt flapping behind.

thaiguest
May 26th, 2015, 01:56
Are they just for repair jobs or also could make a nice shirt or trousers?
Nothing special, don't bother with the Indian shops and such, mostly rip-offs and/or fronts for other activities, since most is made in a large factory anyway.

No, not in a large factory but in sweat shops like those near Tuk Com. Go there and cut out the fake middlemen.

a447
May 26th, 2015, 16:05
Good to know. Thanks, MFAS.

Manforallseasons
May 26th, 2015, 17:16
I failed to mention they aren't there on Sunday.