PDA

View Full Version : The Christians lose the "gay cake" row case in Northern Irel

Nirish guy
May 19th, 2015, 17:13
'Gay cake' row: Judge rules against Ashers bakery.

So, just in case anyone has been following it a land mark legal case here in the UK has just been ruled upon, where a "christian" bakery refused to make a gay for a gay guy which displayed a message in support of marriage equality as it went against their christian beliefs, so after months of legal wrangling and them refusing to compromise in any way the case went to court and the judge has just ruled that the bakery did blatantly discriminate against the gay guy solely on the grounds o this sexuality. Whilst I can understand where the christian fundaMENTALISTS where coming from in terms of their ( twisted and hateful homophobic) beliefs it's such an important ruling here in the UK for gay rights that absolutely reinforces the legislation where LGTB people can't be discriminated against simple because they are gay.

So, for once here in homophobic Northern Ireland a GOOD day for the gays ! :-))

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-32791239

colmx
May 20th, 2015, 04:07
Lets see what happens in the Irish Republic at the Marriage equality referendum this Friday (may 21st)

Seems like there has been a last minute surge in the NO vote, thanks to the interference of the Catholic church and Christian pressure groups like the Iona institute...
The (older) people who attend church will vote as their priests and bishops tell them... Lets hope that the young people of Ireland will come out in their numbers and vote for gay equality!

May 20th, 2015, 05:37
If the referendum passes it will be interesting to see how the legislature tackles the adultery question - marriage equality does actually mean equality. Perhaps our recently self-identified legal expert Paul O'Sussex QC can offer another valuable insight here?

Nirish guy
May 20th, 2015, 16:26
I would imagine they would handle that in exactly the same way they do with regards to straight marriage ie totally ignore the point, except in legal divorce proceedings perhaps, as they quite glcorrectly deem its no one else's business except the two people who are married.

You seem obsessed with this point kommie, what's wrong did a woman fuck you over in a past life somewhere and it's still grating a little somewhere deep down perhaps ?

May 20th, 2015, 19:20
You seem obsessed with this point kommie, what's wrong did a woman fuck you over in a past life somewhere and it's still grating a little somewhere deep down perhaps ?
My concern NIrish is to ensure that those people who are stupid enough to want to perpetuate an archaic institution like marriage and think it appropriate for gays understand clearly what marriage equality truly means. It is certainly not limited to "being ignored" if the cheated on person wants to exact revenge under the law. It's certainly not an issue relation to "prim Victorians" as that fool Brad asserts. However by all means live in your Fools' Paradise.

To turn to an issue both separate and related, IMHO the Sook Amendment to the Posting Ruled is something you have breached by referring to my life outside the Board. Surfcrest - action please.

Nirish guy
May 21st, 2015, 05:03
I'm more surprised to hear that you HAVE a life outside of the board as I just assumed you spent most of your time on here endlessly trolling and trying to wind people up for shits and giggles ( or fun as you might call it ) ! :-)

May 21st, 2015, 07:29
I'm more surprised to hear that you HAVE a life outside of the board
Possibly (and I stress possibly as I don't want to fall foul of the Sook Amendment to the posting rules) you are somewhat disorganised or/and slow of thought

1 I don't read the Forum, I read the RSS feeds on my phone, so I can do that anywhere. Although the downside is I get to see the posts of those on my Foes list, I'm not tempted to respond
2 Some themes and therefore threads form part of my Game Theory responses. You can see an example of that in my discussion about gay marriage and adultery in another thread
3 I use a voice recognition/recording App (again on my phone) to record a quick response where one might be required and email it to myself
4 From time to time I log onto my iPad or desktop PC, depending where I am, post the response I've already dictated after checking it for revisions, corrections etc
5 Everything's E&OE I don't have time for fact-checking to the obsessive levels others clearly enjoy; I know they will take pleasure in correcting me and let's face it the little people need something to fill in their day

So what's that? 10 minutes work I'd guess. Hardly something worth assuming I have no life outside the Board. However that's me; I guess you're living a less organised life?

a447
May 21st, 2015, 16:12
Nirish is "slow of thought"? Really?

the downside is I get to see the posts of those on my Foes list

Doesn't that defeat the purpose? Isn't the idea of a Foes List that you don't see the members on that list?

I'm not tempted to respond

Lol

I don't have the time for fact-checking to the obsessive levels...

Obviously! But you don't need to tell us that - it's reflected in some of your posts.

(And "obsessive"? Fancy you using that word!)

And yet

after checking it for revisions, corrections, etc

So, do you have time or don't you? Make up your mind.

I'm guessing you've got lots of time on your hands. Or do all those links you post to other websites just magically appear all by themselves?

the little people need something to fill in their day

Lol

"The lady doth protest too much, methinks."

Kommie, did you just inadvertently allow Nirish to.....reel you in?

One of these days my poor old heart is going to give up from the strain of the amusement that [Kommie's] posts place on it.

a447
May 24th, 2015, 00:06
Hey, Kommie! You've gone quiet all of a sudden.

Was it something I said?

Lol

scottish-guy
May 25th, 2015, 03:48
With his revelation that he actually uses the "Foe" feature, Kommie has gone down in my estimation.

There's nobody on the board these days who could seriously be deemed an enemy.

a447
May 25th, 2015, 06:49
Perhaps he just a little...."over -sensitive."

You know, a bit of a sook.

Lol

scottish-guy
May 25th, 2015, 17:08
Maybe, in the words of the song, and bearing in mind the topic, he left his cake out in the rain

May 26th, 2015, 10:24
Polyamorous and proud!!! Perhaps he could marry both of them http://gu.com/p/497qy

scottish-guy
May 26th, 2015, 15:36
OK Kommie - we get it - YOU don't support equal marriage and YOU don't intend to enter into one even if some poor sod was willing to take on not just you but your humongous ego.

Having said that - is there any chance you could STFU and let the people who DO support it and who WOULD enter into it, just get on with it - instead of carping from the sidelines like a dessicated old spinster who can't get any?

:ymparty:

May 26th, 2015, 16:12
OK Kommie - we get it - YOU don't support equal marriage and YOU don't intend to enter into one even if some poor sod was willing to take on not just you but your humongous ego.

Having said that - is there any chance you could STFU and let the people who DO support it and who WOULD enter into it, just get on with it - instead of carping from the sidelines like a dessicated old spinster who can't get any?Nope, I get too much pleasure in watching them squirm (just as you have) when I tell them what fools they are and reminding them that adultery is just as much a consequence of entering into the marriage contract as it is for breeders, and I'll get even more when they're fighting over the custody of the pot plants during the inevitable divorce.

like a dessicated old spinster who can't get any?Are you sure this doesn't fall under the Sook Amendment?

a447
May 26th, 2015, 16:16
like a dessicated old spinster

Lol

Mmmm...I'm getting the distinct impression that Kommie is still in the closet.

So, that's his problem!

Got it!

And his fascination with adultery is because he'll never be in the position to commit it.

Lol

And Kommie, you are not all that perceptive, are you. The Sook Amendment hasn't been passed yet.

Do I have to tell you Everthing?

scottish-guy
May 26th, 2015, 18:25
like a dessicated old spinster who can't get any?Are you sure this doesn't fall under the Sook Amendment?

Of course I took legal advice before posting - I'm assured the word "like" has the same effect as "allegedly"

May 27th, 2015, 03:22
Of course I took legal advice before posting - I'm assured the word "like" has the same effect as "allegedly"
Paul O'Sussex QC? He's such a treasure isn't he!

Nirish guy
May 28th, 2015, 17:57
And so it seems this case is to run nd run as the christian bakery have just declared they are going to appeal the Courts decision - probably not to difficult for them knowing that they've got the Christian Institute ( right wing evangelical Christian organisation) footing their entire legal bill and that all the right wing religious nutters here in Northern Ireland and further afield ( including right up to our very own First Minister) are now flocking to their bakery to buy cakes in support of their position so I'm sure they're going to have a bumper year sales wise too ! I SO hope they get trounced in Court again but the annoying thing is even if they do they'll declare it a victory for "Gods word' and ignore it all anyway......and if they win......well GOD FORBID ! :-)

June 4th, 2015, 13:10
The results are in for the Irish referendum on gay marriage. Significantly fewer than 40% of the electorate bothered to vote - hardly the resounding headlines in the world's press about a huge majority of Irish people being in favour of gay marriage

Brad the Impala
June 4th, 2015, 13:51
The results are in for the Irish referendum on gay marriage.

The results were in ten days ago.

Nirish guy
June 4th, 2015, 16:21
Actually the fact that 40% of the population DIDN'T do as "ordered" by the Catholic Church and go out and vote to defeat this thing, which considering the church threw everything they had at it, from priests, bishops and cardinals being seen walking up and down streets waving placards saying "Down with this sort of thing" and "Careful now" to threats of the world ending and more importantly the Country going bankrupt again due to the cost of having to re-print school books to explain the new reality of things should the law pass ( I kid you not !) then apparently it DOES show that between the people who didn't vote and those who braved their external souls to vote yes the church got two fingers squarely pointed in their direction on this occasion ;-)

a447
June 4th, 2015, 16:43
Just another example of Kommie mis-interpreting statistics.

No surprise there, given his previous posts.

June 4th, 2015, 17:52
The results are in for the Irish referendum on gay marriage. The results were in ten days ago.What a splendid fellow you are Richard, but so sad that you're incapable of reading past the first few words of a post.

I did enjoy the performance of the actors who play you and a447 (sorry, Jonah) in this week's episode of Veep, but the script was classic Jonah. How do you feel about being portrayed as a mere sidekick? Does the truth hurt? In case you don't know what week it is, we're in Series 2 and this week it's episode 8.

June 4th, 2015, 17:54
Actually the fact that 40% of the population DIDN'T do as "ordered" by the Catholic Church and go out and vote to defeat this thing, which considering the church threw everything they had at it, from priests, bishops and cardinals being seen walking up and down streets waving placards saying "Down with this sort of thing" and "Careful now" to threats of the world ending and more importantly the Country going bankrupt again due to the cost of having to re-print school books to explain the new reality of things should the law pass ( I kid you not !) then apparently it DOES show that between the people who didn't vote and those who braved their external souls to vote yes the church got two fingers squarely pointed in their direction on this occasion ;-)We didn't have to watch Father Ted to know how dumb the Irish are.

Brad the Impala
June 4th, 2015, 21:09
The results are in for the Irish referendum on gay marriage. The results were in ten days ago.What a splendid fellow you are Richard, but so sad that you're incapable of reading past the first few words of a post.

All the information that you seemed to think was news had been available to anybody who was interested ten days ago. Perhaps as usual you are just recycling opinions you have read elsewhere on the web.

I did enjoy the performance of the actors who play you and a447 (sorry, Jonah) in this week's episode of Veep, but the script was classic Jonah. How do you feel about being portrayed as a mere sidekick? Does the truth hurt? In case you don't know what week it is, we're in Series 2 and this week it's episode 8

You're only on Season Two? How quaint and outdated, as ever. Season Four started broadcasting last month! I'd say "do keep up old boy", but it's clearly beyond you.

June 4th, 2015, 22:25
Glad to see you're paying attention there Richard. It is indeed Series 4 where you come into your own.

Brad the Impala
June 4th, 2015, 23:18
But Kommie, you have just been referring to Series Two, Episode Eight as this week's episode!

Seems like more than one person is writing your posts as you have no idea what you've just written.

It is indeed Series 4 where you come into your own.

So you are watching the series backwards?