View Full Version : And we thought Pattaya's Chinese tour groups were bad !

Nirish guy
May 10th, 2015, 19:44
So, lets hope for all our sakes that the below is one staff benefit that DOESN"T catch on perhaps as the trail of Chinese visitors being walked through Boystown, hand in hand, two by two, like something from Noah's Ark, by their flag waving tour guides all whilst gawking and pointing at us "freaks" is quite enough already IMHO. I can't begin to imagine how the people of France must have felt when 6400 of them descended on the place en masse for 4 days ! :-)

"A Chinese company has paid for 6,400 of its employees to go on a four-day holiday to France. The biggest tour group to visit the country was welcomed in the southern resort of Nice on Saturday., Tiens Group president Li Jinyuan booked up 140 hotels in Paris and more than 4,700 rooms in Cannes and Monaco for their trip. The tourists have hired 146 buses to drive them around for the duration of their holiday.

Source.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-china-32677965

Manforallseasons
May 11th, 2015, 00:50
The only problem I have with them is those fucking huge buses they travel in that are a traffic nitemare, also as they travel in groups what the hell would someone come here for except the obvious, maybe it's the beautiful beachs 8-|

cdnmatt
May 11th, 2015, 07:01
I've lived in Thailand long enough. If I see a wall of Asians that large, I do a 180 and start going the other way, assuming it's a protest about to turn ugly. :)

Surfcrest
May 11th, 2015, 13:55
The only problem I have with them is those fucking huge buses they travel in that are a traffic nitemare, also as they travel in groups what the hell would someone come here for except the obvious, maybe it's the beautiful beachs 8-|
They prefer to travel together, with family, friends or simply other people that share the same language.

I have a good friend from Canton who told me he took a Thailand tour from China and visited Pattaya, Noom Nooch and Mike's, of course. I asked him why he didn't just come on his own and he said that even his English isn't good enough to communicate with Thais trying to speak English, so he took the easy, lay back and let them look after you type of tour.

He also said that he wanted to see Thailand And Pattaya first, before he'd decide to visit for a longer duration.

Surfcrest

Manforallseasons
May 11th, 2015, 21:11
They prefer to travel together, with family, friends or simply other people that share the same language.

I have a good friend from Canton who told me he took a Thailand tour from China and visited Pattaya, Noom Nooch and Mike's, of course. I asked him why he didn't just come on his own and he said that even his English isn't good enough to communicate with Thais trying to speak English, so he took the easy, lay back and let them look after you type of tour.

He also said that he wanted to see Thailand And Pattaya first, before he'd decide to visit for a longer duration.

Surfcrest

Pattaya is not a sample of anything in Thailand, they do themselves a disservice. I can see how Bangkok would be overwhelming but in my opinion Chiang Mai would be the perfect starter location its small enough, Thai enough and the food is not at all like Essan more like Chinese.

cdnmatt
May 11th, 2015, 21:52
Pattaya is not a sample of anything in Thailand, they do themselves a disservice.

I can vouch for that. Where I am, you don't mention you previously spent time in Pattaya. That would be a bad thing around here.

paulosussex
May 11th, 2015, 23:11
Chiang Mai is already overrun with Chinese tourists, something to do with a popular Chinese comedy film that was filmed in the city

francois
May 12th, 2015, 07:23
Where I am, you don't mention you previously spent time in Pattaya. That would be a bad thing around here.

Where are you, Bangkok? :ymdevil:

cdnmatt
May 12th, 2015, 12:25
Where are you, Bangkok? :ymdevil:

heh, I actually have a couple farangs as neighbours. One from Canada, the other from Scotland, although the Canadian is back in Canada now. They both have Thai wives, and each a kid.

With expats here, it's kind of an unspoken rule that you don't ask where they met their wives. I don't know, I don't ask, I don't care, and they definitely don't volunteer that little piece of information, lol. They know I have a Thai ex, but never ask where we met either. It's quite comical, because we all inherently know -- we all met our other halves at a bookstore. :)

Then as for the locals, you just don't want to be known as the farang who enjoys go-go bars and hookers. That would be bad.

May 12th, 2015, 12:55
I can vouch for that. Where I am, you don't mention you previously spent time in Pattaya. That would be a bad thing around here.Worse than mentioning your adulterous relationship with whatshisname Kim?

cdnmatt
May 13th, 2015, 02:01
I can vouch for that. Where I am, you don't mention you previously spent time in Pattaya. That would be a bad thing around here.Worse than mentioning your adulterous relationship with whatshisname Kim?

You know the funny thing about you? You probably think your little snide remarks are quite funny & intelligent, when in reality, we all believe you have the mind equivalent of a 5 year old.

May 13th, 2015, 03:39
I can vouch for that. Where I am, you don't mention you previously spent time in Pattaya. That would be a bad thing around here.Worse than mentioning your adulterous relationship with whatshisname Kim?You know the funny thing about you? You probably think your little snide remarks are quite funny & intelligent, when in reality, we all believe you have the mind equivalent of a 5 year old.You don't concede you're an adulterer then?

paulosussex
May 13th, 2015, 03:40
You know the funny thing about you? You probably think your little snide remarks are quite funny & intelligent, when in reality, we all believe you have the mind equivalent of a 5 year old.

Personally I think it's the Yabba

cdnmatt
May 13th, 2015, 04:37
You don't concede you're an adulterer then?

I've never once cheated in my life. I've been in two relationships -- one was my ex-husband in Canada / Europe, and the other was Kim in Thailand. Not once did I cheat on either of them.

Yes, I've picked up go-go boys before, same as everyone on this board has. I was single at the time though.

Brad the Impala
May 13th, 2015, 04:41
You don't concede you're an adulterer then?

That's a concession??!!

"Don't respond to the troll"

May 13th, 2015, 06:41
I've never once cheated in my life. I've been in two relationships -- one was my ex-husband in Canada / Europe, and the other was Kim in Thailand. Not once did I cheat on either of them.

Yes, I've picked up go-go boys before, same as everyone on this board has. I was single at the time though.
On your own admission that's simply not true. Only a few days ago you posted that you are still legally married, so there is no "ex" husband at all. By the standard definition of marriage every time you have had sex with another person you have committed adultery.

cdnmatt
May 13th, 2015, 07:09
We haven't seen each other in 7 years, so I hardly constitute that as cheating. We are on talking terms again though. On top of that, he knows everything about Kim as well.

Go take some more drugs.

May 13th, 2015, 08:35
We haven't seen each other in 7 years, so I hardly constitute that as cheating. We are on talking terms again though. On top of that, he knows everything about Kim as well.
The law says you're still married. Whether your spouse does or doesn't know about your adultery doesn't matter one little bit - you're still an adulterer.

May 13th, 2015, 12:58
You don't concede you're an adulterer then?That's a concession??!! "Don't respond to the troll"On the contrary Brad it is hardly trolling to point out that a legal contract, entered into voluntary, is binding until it ends. With marriage there are the additional social sanctions commonly applied - "cheating" and "adultery" being the two most common epithets - to keep people in line.

joe552
May 13th, 2015, 13:36
Kommie, why are you so interested in Matt's marital status?

May 13th, 2015, 13:56
Kommie, why are you so interested in Matt's marital status?
It's his hypocrisy that interests me.

joe552
May 13th, 2015, 15:09
I don't understand that - so I'll wait to see what develops.

a447
May 13th, 2015, 15:58
Kommie wrote:

It's his hypocrisy that interests me.

That's a bit rich, coming from you.

What about your own hypocrisy and lies?

Oh, I just remembered - you can't see this post because you've got me on your Foes List.

Lol

cdnmatt
May 13th, 2015, 17:56
Ohhh, we have a foes list? I never knew that.

Cool, kommie just disappeared. That makes SGT much better. :-)

goji
May 14th, 2015, 01:59
I made use of the same facility a few weeks back too. Highly recommended.

May 14th, 2015, 17:57
I don't understand that - so I'll wait to see what develops.
Matt's argument seemed to be that his married state is irrelevant to him as he had "moved on", relationship-wise. If marriage means nothing, why do it? The whole argument of the "gay marriage" lobby is that a marriage is a marriage is a marriage, and for social equity reasons the gender of those marrying should be irrelevant, so gay people should be able to marry each other. But if a marriage is a marriage is a marriage then gays are subject to the same rules and behaviours as heterosexuals who marry. Adultery has always been seen as a threat to marriage, so considered very very seriously indeed, and for a long time it was the only reason for a marriage legally to end.

The issue of adultery was addressed head on when the Marriage (Same-Sex Couples) Bill was debated in the UK parliament. Until then, adultery had been defined as sexual intercourse between two people of the opposite sex where one or both is married to someone else. At that time the legal definition of adultery was sought to be changed. That is because marriage equality should mean equality in all respects. In Canada the question of whether same sex activity where one or both of the participants is married to someone else constitutes adultery (http://wiselaw.blogspot.com.au/2006/04/nb-court-same-sex-adultery-is-ground.html) has been settled for even longer.

This is an on-going debate in the gay circles that concern themselves with gay marriage in the UK, as can be seen in this article (http://www.spectator.co.uk/features/9174391/the-campaign-for-real-gay-marriage/).

It should be noted, inter alia, that the take-up of same-sex marriage is (unexectedly) low - unexpected by everyone except those of us grown-ups who realised that it's merely a fad for a noisy minority. The early uptake of same-sex marriage was lower than that of civil partnerships, the Office of National Statistics reported after the first three months of same-sex marriage being available. It is also below the 1,827 civil partnerships recorded in the first three months of 2012.

Matt's attitude, at the most charitable, seems to be that the normal rules of marriage don't apply to him, that somehow he's a special case (or perhaps he has special needs). What I was trying to get him to say is that the normal rules of marriage don't apply to gays. That's precisely the argument advanced by many opponents of "gay marriage" - that allowing people of the same sex to marry has the effect of re-defining what "marriage" means. As he's not a complete fool (despite appearances to the contrary) he may have realised that claiming that was what I was inviting him to say, thus undermining the gay marriage cause.

cdnmatt
May 14th, 2015, 20:02
If marriage means nothing, why do it?

Permanent residency status. Wasn't really our choice. Government law stipulates if we wanted to stay together, we had to get married, so we did.

Matt's attitude, at the most charitable, seems to be that the normal rules of marriage don't apply to him, that somehow he's a special case (or perhaps he has special needs). What I was trying to get him to say is that the normal rules of marriage don't apply to gays.

Wow, you sure have the ability to turn a mole hill into a mountain, don't you? There's 24x7 wedding chapels in Vegas, but I don't hear anyone complaining about how those are ruining the sanctity of marriage. So yes, I believe I should be afforded the exact same rights as straight people.

May 15th, 2015, 04:03
Wow, you sure have the ability to turn a mole hill into a mountain, don't you?
I name this thread "Matt's Adultery Molehill". May God bless it and all who post to it.

paulfort
May 15th, 2015, 05:47
Perhaps going back to the original thread as it has moved on a little bit....

I had some fun a year or so back when sat enjoying an early evening beer with a friend on the terrace at Boyz boyz boyz, as we found ourself with no choice but to watch a Chinese bus load walking through Boystown, happily taking pictures and videoing us all sat around relaxing, so as I had already enjoyed a few beers myself (so a little bit of additional confidence!) I jumped up and started taking a load of pictures of the group, slightly in their way and in their face as they progressed, all be it much quicker along their route, they attempted to hide their faces, some were a bit upset and rushed away and the flag waving tour guide tried, I think to ask me nicely not to do it, but at least they all quickly ceased taking pictures of and vacated Boystown faster than usual!

It got a few cheers of support from some of the boys I was with at Boys boys boys and customers in the bars opposite - however don't think the Chinese party were really that pleased!

thaiguest
May 16th, 2015, 06:35
How did a post about 6400 chinese tourists in France end up in a cat fight between 2 individuals about adultery?
This is the kind of shit that undermines everything.

peeseua
May 16th, 2015, 07:43
I'm Chinese, too, but I am from Malaysia and we don't have many tourists from mainland China but my friends in Singapore (especially the Chinese ones} certainly feel the same way about them.

It's a bit sad, really, that a few badly behaved Chinese tourists have given the rest such a bad reputation but it's another case of all sorts of people from one country suddenly having the money and the freedom to travel on holiday without the knowledge of how to behave outside their own cultural mileu. I think the same thing happened with the Russians, the Middle Easterners and twenty years ago, the East Germans.

Cool, kommie just disappeared. That makes SGT much better. :-)

You're right! I just tried it and it makes everything so much nicer to read.

May 16th, 2015, 11:40
Cool, kommie just disappeared. That makes SGT much better. :-)You're right! I just tried it and it makes everything so much nicer to read.
Yes it's working particularly well for Matt who continues his attempts to make molehills out of mountains.

christianpfc
May 20th, 2015, 22:58
How did a post about 6400 Chinese tourists in France end up in a cat fight between 2 individuals about adultery?
I find these turns interesting and entertaining.

thaiguest
May 21st, 2015, 06:11
How did a post about 6400 Chinese tourists in France end up in a cat fight between 2 individuals about adultery?
I find these turns interesting and entertaining.
On one level yes- I'm not afraid of V.W.or J.J and I'm fan of the stream of consciousness but 6000+ Chinese is a topic big enough in itself.

colmx
May 21st, 2015, 07:15
http://pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/1936 ... t-pattaya/ (http://pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/193641/12700-chinese-company-workers-to-visit-pattaya/)

Not sure how they expect 600 million baht in revenue from 12700 tourists...
That's 47,000B each spent over 5 days

Considering they are mostly ensconced in pattaya park - I would think that its closer to 60 million!

GWMinUS
May 25th, 2015, 09:53
Of everyone's information, I have put the "foe" on kommentariat.
In my opinion he should simply be banned from the board for all his insulting comments to other members.
Surfcrest, I hope you are getting this???
GWM

May 25th, 2015, 15:07
Of everyone's information, I have put the "foe" on kommentariat.Excellent news. "Putting the foe" eh? In Australia the natives "point the bone". I wonder if that's the same thing.
In my opinion he should simply be banned from the board for all his insulting comments to other members.Perhaps when a447 becomes a Moderator by title as well as in fact.
Surfcrest, I hope you are getting this???Is this a rhetorical question?

a447
May 25th, 2015, 16:25
Perhaps when a447 becomes a Moderator by title as well as in fact.

Stop sulking and toughen up, Kommie!

You sound like a bit of a sook.

Lol

scottish-guy
May 25th, 2015, 16:56
...In Australia the natives "point the bone". I wonder if that's the same thing...

"Stirring the porridge" is a quaint Aussie expression for anal sex.