PDA

View Full Version : Gay marriage

joe552
May 2nd, 2015, 00:05
Ireland will hold a referendum soon on whether to change the Constitution to allow same-sex marriage. If you got married, what would you call your "other half"? Husband just doesn't sound right to me. Partner? Or something else?

(Sorry - not the most interesting topic ever - but I'm bored)

May 2nd, 2015, 07:12
"lunatic" for thinking that marriage has any relevance in the 21st century, for perpetuating discrimination between types of relationships - "not married yet?" implies that's the ultimate relationship and shacking up somehow inferior.

LoveThailand
May 2nd, 2015, 13:59
My married friends refer to their spouses as "husbands" - that is when not using some silly endearing words.

cdnmatt
May 2nd, 2015, 21:21
I was married before (gays have been able to marry in parts of Canada since 2003, became federal law in 2005). Actually, still legally am married. Sent the divorce papers over several times, but never did manage to get them signed, and never bothered filing for sole divorce.

I don't know, we just always called each other "honey", and didn't bother about the technical definition.

May 3rd, 2015, 10:14
I was married before (gays have been able to marry in parts of Canada since 2003, became federal law in 2005). Actually, still legally am married. Sent the divorce papers over several times, but never did manage to get them signed, and never bothered filing for sole divorce.Did you work out an amicable settlement for the pot plants?

scottish-guy
May 5th, 2015, 12:43
"Snookums" works quite well