PDA

View Full Version : Things are expensive in the US

marti
April 30th, 2015, 02:27
I am on a visit to the US after having not returned here for three years. The most startling thing is the cost of living here after those three years. Though i am not always happy in Thailand, it is certainly a lot cheaper than living in the US OF A. Particularly noticeable is how much the cost of food has risen. Beef is nothing less than outrageous and the reason given is that there was a drought in the West and farmers were unable to raise more cattle, it is double what it was. Eating in restaurants has risen about 25 to 30 percent and items, other than food, have also gone up a lot in cost. Those of you who have not been home for a long time will be surprised if you do come for a visit. I have discussed this with Francois and he does not agree with me but you may judge for yourself. I think that he finds Thailand expensive because he spends so much in his pursuit of young men. :))

francois
April 30th, 2015, 06:01
Au contraire , when I come to USA I save money not spend it. Stay will friends, eat at restaurants just once/week and wine is a bargain at 300 Baht/$10 USD per bottle. Gasoline is cheap and food at markets cheaper than in Thailand. And no beer bars and boy bars to spend money, but boring!

Blueskytoday
April 30th, 2015, 09:07
No idea what city your living or visiting in..
But, I go to USA for 2 weeks a year...small city in Pennsylvania,,60,000 people.
Cost of eating is soooooo cheap and reasonable..
Guess it depends on the city and what restaurants your going to..
We have 3 Chinese buffet places there...Terrific food, salads, desserts, fruits
ribs, ham, many kinds of chicken, pizza, veggies,,and you can pick
all the beef you want and they cook it for you as you wait..free hot tea...
USD $7.50 which would be 240 baht.....
Your in the wrong city hehe....

Up2U
April 30th, 2015, 10:11
When I visit family in USA, I find food is cheaper than here in Thailand but I eat Costco hotdogs, pizza and Panda Express! The price of gasoline really dropped on my last visit which was a bonus but the price of meat was sky high, a holiday prime rib roast for the family approached $200(ouch!).

Smiles
May 1st, 2015, 04:09
" ... I am on a visit to the US after having not returned here for three years. The most startling thing is the cost of living here after those three years ... "
Marti you silly scamp you ... American prices (of just about everything) are quite reasonable when compared to western Europe, Canada, Australia, Japan, Hong Kong etc etc etc.
Please try looking further than your nose when searching for a decent topic.

marti
May 5th, 2015, 06:28
Oh Smiles, I love you like a ...