PDA

View Full Version : Home Security Thwarted

June 24th, 2006, 17:33
English house owner bound and gagged as 500,000 BahtтАЩs worth of valuables are taken in armed house robbery.

Police Colonel Somnook, the Chief of Pattaya Police along with other senior officers received an urgent call to attend house number 354/73 located in Soi 10 off the Tappraya Road in Jomtien after the English owner of the house had reported an armed robbery at the location.

Police arrived and spoke with Mr. Paul Edward Futcher aged 56 who explained how three men had entered his house and had stolen around 500,000 BahtтАЩs worth of cash and valuables. The story begins on Friday Night when Mr. Futcher, who was alone at the time, was working on his computer. Suddenly three men came up behind him and one of the men was holding a gun. Mr. Futcher was held down as the men began to ransack his house in search of valuable items.

They uncovered a safe and forced Mr. Futcher to open the safe at gun point. Inside was 402,000 Baht in cash, 100 pounds sterling, a gold necklace and ring worth nearly 40,000 Baht and a DVD camera. Before the men left they tied Mr. Futchers hands and legs together and tied a piece of cord around his mouth. Some time later he managed to break free and called the Police along with his Boyfriend, Khun Wootipong aged 29 who was out at the time.

Police inspected the house and found it to be full of security equipment including a front door entry system. This led Police to theorize that at least one of the assailants had been inside the house before or was given detailed information about the security systems in place at the house by a third party. The hunt is now on for the three man gang, based on descriptions of them given by Mr. Futcher.

www.pattayacitynews.net/news_24_06_49.htm (http://www.pattayacitynews.net/news_24_06_49.htm)

Smiles
June 24th, 2006, 19:35
" ... Some time later he managed to break free and called the Police along with his Boyfriend, Khun Wootipong aged 29 who was out at the time... "
Hmmmmmm . . . .

Cheers ...

June 24th, 2006, 20:11
Yes Smiles, I had the same thought. The amount of cash on hand would make quite a temptation.

Smiles
June 24th, 2006, 20:49
" ... I been watchin your posts over the last few years SMILES.I reckon you must be a English Teacher or a University Professor or something mate cause or you do is bloody correct people writing their posts. Mate I reckon im right eh,your a high school teacher or University teacher... "

:cheers: :cheers: I try very hard to keep my bloody correctin' down to a dull roar. My main message is:

PLEASE DON'T FEED THE FOOKIN' OZZIE TROLLS :cheers: :cheers:

Cheers ...

bucknaway
June 24th, 2006, 23:34
Don't pick on Smiles! He is my Hero! http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v246/paulindelaware/1idol.jpg

I been watchin your posts over the last few years SMILES.I reckon you must be a English Teacher or a University Professor or something mate cause or you do is bloody correct people writing their posts. Mate I reckon im right eh,your a high school teacher or University teacher.

1PR4BKK
June 24th, 2006, 23:40
English house owner bound and gagged as 500,000 BahtтАЩs worth of valuables are taken in armed house robbery.

Police inspected the house and found it to be full of security equipment including a front door entry system. This led Police to theorize that at least one of the assailants had been inside the house before or was given detailed information about the security systems in place at the house by a third party. The hunt is now on for the three man gang, based on descriptions of them given by Mr. Futcher.

www.pattayacitynews.net/news_24_06_49.htm (http://www.pattayacitynews.net/news_24_06_49.htm)

Anyone reading this story and/or post could clearly come to the conclusion that this was an inside job. Between the BF and the VictimтАжsomeone knows the real deal.

TrongpaiExpat
June 25th, 2006, 00:06
Inside was 402,000 Baht in cash, 100 pounds sterling

He must not like banks?

June 25th, 2006, 01:16
Inside was 402,000 Baht in cash, 100 pounds sterling

He must not like banks?

exactly!! unless hes running a very profitable business and that was a nights takings that would get banked in morning.

Smiles
June 25th, 2006, 02:33
" ... Don't pick on Smiles! He is my Hero! ... "

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v246/paulindelaware/1idol.jpg

BCG (I prefer the old handle ... too many good fights to stop using it now)!! Love the photo :bounce:
Did you have that lying around, or did you set it up just for li'l ol' me?
Whatever ... a nice compliment (or at least I'll take it that way).

You wouldn't just happen to have a bare backing one hanging around for our Troll, would you?

Cheers ...

bucknaway
June 25th, 2006, 02:42
I made that one a few months back and forgot I had it on my PC. I was hoping it would bring a smile to your face :)

Now as far as a bare-bucking.... http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a337/blkcuteguy/0005.jpg I just took that one a few minutes ago.

June 25th, 2006, 02:57
I made that one a few months back and forgot I had it on my PC. I was hoping it would bring a smile to your face :)

Now as far as a bare-bucking.... http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a337/blkcuteguy/0005.jpg I just took that one a few minutes ago.

I think im in LUST!!

catawampuscat
June 25th, 2006, 08:52
I heard another story recently, actually overheard as the farang is quite loud and bellows, and he was also robbed..He slept thru the breakin
as did his bf, and the thieves made off with his passport, thai driving licence and some other difficult to replace things.. Apparently they broke in
thru his bedroom window and cut the security window shield and all this while the two of them slept..This farang previously had his laptop stolen
due to his bf giving someone a key and still he believes the bf was not involved..The river nile runs thru many of us expats in Pattaya and
if it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck etc. etc.. I would bet the farang doesn't believe his bf was in on it...

July 7th, 2006, 16:45
More details of the earlier report.

He told officers that three men aged between 20 and 25 years who looked like drug abusers broke into the house while he was working at his computer downstairs. One of the men was carrying a gun and ordered him to hand over all his valuables while the other two ransacked the house.

Pol. Col. Somnuek said that the men had got into the house without setting off the alarm due either to a technical error or to Wuttipong forgetting to close the door properly as he left. He added that it looked like the robbery had been planned in advance and that the thieves were just waiting for the right moment to pounce. Forensics officers have collected fingerprints and police are now searching for the robbers.

www.pattayamail.com/current/news.shtml (http://www.pattayamail.com/current/news.shtml)

July 8th, 2006, 00:07
but no reason to blame the b/f..it could have been anyone who had contact with him and knew his habits..especially the foolish one of keeping so much cash at home.

You can never be too careful in LOS and flaunting wealth and valuables can be a danger, as they keep trying to tell those Germans with their chunky gold necklaces .

I won't even invite Edith around for drinks without hiding my fake diamonds..she can't tell the difference so could quite easily belt me over the head with a gin bottle and make off with my fake pearls.

( Smiles if you are a schoolteacher ..can you bring a cane on your next trip..I have a shoolboy uniform and need reprimanding)

July 8th, 2006, 14:54

How'd your thingie get burned off? Was the flash too close?

I won't even invite Edith around for drinks without hiding my fake diamonds..she can't tell the difference so could quite easily belt me over the head with a gin bottle and make off with my fake pearls.

She only invites me when she needs someone to hold her head when she's sick...or guide it when she does the...nasty!
Anyway, who do you think you're fooling, ya' old bat! That's what I get for being too kind to tell you, your dissimulate diamonds look like they were cut from the gin bottles bottoms--With an ax!
Were I going to steal your pitiful plastic poppitbead pearls...Barbra Bush rejects...I'd not need bash you with a bottle (One of the many emptys you have tossed about, not to mention the ones we use for carpet bowls--Since you're too kee neo to invest in real pins.) I'd only need wait until your bedsy-bye\passing out time!... About 11:00 PM... unless you have short-time a trick: 11:04. (She pays by-the-minute: ten-baht-a-minute, and one minute more would mean asking num to break a twenty-baht-note--And they never have a bit change.)

(Smiles if you are a schoolteacher...can you bring a cane on your next trip..I have a shoolboy uniform and need reprimanding)
And the school boy wants it back on the clothes-line right now!
Warning, Smiles: 'She pays by-the-minute: ten-baht-a-minute'. On the other hand; it might be worth doing for nothing...just for the fun of it. :pottytrain2: So, how's your aim, Smiles: you'll need a blindfold.
Under the gas-mask.

July 21st, 2006, 13:23
Teenagers arrested for armed robbery of Briton in his luxury home

Boonlua Chatree

Two teenage burglars have been arrested for breaking into the house of a British man, tying him up, and making off with property worth more than 400,000 baht.

Police armed with a warrant issued by Pattaya District Court for the two, identified only by the aliases of Nat, age 16, and Keng, 17, arrested them during the afternoon of July 14 and took them to the house on Thappraya Soi to reenact the crime (Pattaya Mail July 7).

Paul Edward Futcher, a 55-year-old citizen of the United Kingdom, said that on the night of June 23 he had been working alone in the house when the two boys broke in. They had a gun and forced him to open the safe before tying him up and gagging him.

Police investigations have revealed that three people were involved in the crime, with a man identified as Narong Rat-Enungkul, 29, as the gang leader. Narong had previously been arrested by Pattaya police numerous times, including five occasions for the possession of drugs and on other occasions for more than 20 cases of burglary in Pattaya and Banglamung.

Arrest warrants were issued for the three, but Narong evaded police. Officers found a fake gun and the clothes worn at the crime when making the arrest of the two boys, who demonstrated how they entered the house. They told officers that they had committed similar crimes throughout the area, dividing the spoils between themselves. Police are still looking for Narong.

www.pattayamail.com/current/news.shtml (http://www.pattayamail.com/current/news.shtml)

July 22nd, 2006, 14:46
[b] a man identified as Narong Rat-Enungkul, 29, as the gang leader. Narong had previously been arrested by Pattaya police numerous times, including five occasions for the possession of drugs and on other occasions for more than 20 cases of burglary in Pattaya and Banglamung.

Arrest warrants were issued for the three, but Narong evaded police. They told officers that they had committed similar crimes throughout the area, dividing the spoils between themselves. Police are still looking for Narong.

I think this guy has friends.......... no life sentence for all the above?