PDA

View Full Version : where to stay in sathorn?

gaymandenmark
April 20th, 2015, 00:09
Over the years I have almost stayed in Vincents when in Bkk. I really liked it as a home away from home. But alas now it has closed as a guesthouse. I know ofcourse Malaysia, and has stayed there aswell many times. It is really a good deal, but I have also found, that some of my friends were not too happy, when I told where I was staying. One sayed, it is okay to eat there, but I feel like a prostitute, going there, to your room. Even that he was, well let us just say a semi one.
I want to stay in that area, and I know Pinnacle, but they charge a joiners fee, and Ibis is out of my mind, as it is totally non-smoking.
So I would be happy for any recomandations. Any suggestions for a safe, clean and gayfriendly place, in the range from 900 to 1500 Baht range and in the same area.

cdnmatt
April 20th, 2015, 06:46
If you don't mind me asking, what nationality are you? Thai?

Dboy
April 20th, 2015, 07:21
> Any suggestions for a safe, clean and gayfriendly place, in the range from 900 to 1500 Baht range and in the same area.

On the edge of Silom/Sathorn, you could look into OmYim. 80bt motosai ride to Babylon from the hotel. 1 minute walk to the BTS Chong Nonsi station.

http://www.omyimgroup.com/

Dboy

Up2U
April 20th, 2015, 07:22
Never had a problem at the Pinnacle but I always make it clear on check-in, two people, and you get breakfast coupons for two. The Aetas (4 or 5*) by the MRT is more expensive but has internet specials during low season.

christianpfc
April 21st, 2015, 22:28
You want a place that allows smoking? There is Thung Mahamek Privacy hotel behind 7/11 (the one opposite Ibis and Malaysia), I think they have smoking rooms.

Other places in the area (don't know about smoking policy) are Penguin guesthouse (no joiner fee when I stayed there several times 2 or 3 years ago), The Boss Place, The Blooms. There are many more I know from walking past but don't remember name.

(There was a post by fountainhall about a more upsale place in the quiet street that connects Sribampen with Ngamduplee.)

gaymandenmark
April 22nd, 2015, 01:07
@cddnmat i am from Europe if it matters in any way.
@Christian, thanks for the suggestions, but I have decided to take a room for some days in Malaysia, and then search the area. I arrive 6 in the morning, and dont want to make any search at that time. Just want a bed after 11 hours of travelling.
Thanks for your suggestions

paperboy
April 22nd, 2015, 06:57
i always stay in the malaysia, love it, 24 hour bar, swimming pool, great resturants close by, all for under 1000 bhts

fountainhall
April 22nd, 2015, 10:04
There was a post by fountainhall about a more upsale place in the quiet street that connects Sribampen with Ngamduplee.
The hotel is the U Sathorn - details here - post299048.html#p299048 (http://sawatdeenetwork.com/forum/post299048.html#p299048)

The rates are higher than the OP is seeking, but it will be worthwhile checking directly with the hotel as I am certain there must be some heavy discounting. Next week agoda has nightly rates with breakfast for 2 at US$90 inclusive. Agoda also gives it a superb 9.1 rating.