PDA

View Full Version : Soi Buakow French Restaurant

dab69
April 16th, 2015, 10:47
My last night in Pattaya a friend wanted to take me to eat Italian, so of course we end up in a French restaurant
opposite TukCom- . I had the carbonera and he had the bolognaise with a ham steak as second course.
Of course the ham steak also came with a second large dish of spaghetti covered in what looked like gravy.
He was busting but really enjoyed his steak, a ~ 1/4" thick pork chop also with a gravy.
Couple beers with the meal followed with a small snifter of Baileys Irish Creme for each of us (came with the meal) each came to 780 bT.
Place is on the corner of a dark street, brightly lighted and painted and open to the outdoors- couldn't possibly miss it.

What took my interest more was the darkness of the street and across to in back of TukCom,
another dark street to explore. It's where a friend lives and would have been interesting to
explore if it wasn't my last night. Unfortunately- I had to go back to the hotel after dinner
to get some sleep before the long trip home.

francois
April 16th, 2015, 21:33
Based on your description that restaurant is Cuisine Au Beurre however CAB is not on Soi Buakow. There are about 5 Boy Massage Houses in that vicinity to explore which serve a tasty Cock Au Thai.

catawampuscat
April 16th, 2015, 21:52
With dab's bad directions and no name, it's a miracle Francois made the connection. but after all Francois
knows French restaurants and wine.

dab69
April 16th, 2015, 22:53
The restaurant was opposite and slightly past the front of TukCom and was told to me to be on Soi Buakow.
A sea of darkness as well as the soi in back of TukCom. Wonder what the hours are for the massage places out in back on whatever soi that is.

Correction: total of our bill was 780bT

francois
April 17th, 2015, 04:30
Perhaps you had more than a few beers and Baileys?

dab69
April 17th, 2015, 08:48
nope. one beer each with meal

arsenal
April 17th, 2015, 16:25
It may well have been Cuisine au Buerre but nothing eaten/drank that sounds particularly French. Spaghetti Bolognaise, Pasta Carbonara, Gravy, Beer and Baileys. CoB does what I would call western food and it's always pretty good. Reasonably priced too.

newalaan2
April 17th, 2015, 17:21
The restaurant was opposite and slightly past the front of TukCom and was told to me to be on Soi Buakow. A sea of darkness as well as the soi in back of TukCom.
This really sounds confused, there is no 'sea of darkness' behind Tuk Com as it is full of massage shops, hotels/apartments, shops and karaokes. But a 'sea of darkness' certainly does sound like the area just as you enter soi baukow on the right where the weekly markets are set up, as the OP mentions opposite and slightly past the FRONT of Tuk Com which would be across the road on the soi baukow side of pattay tai. But can't think of any 'french' restaurant there.

francois
April 17th, 2015, 21:12
Good observations newalaan and arsenal. I know of where you speak. And there are two restaurants which might meet the description by dab. One is Benjamit which is a coffee/bakery shop frequented by les Fran├зais.
Another is Osmos(on a corner) which has inexpensive food but not necessarily French. At night that part of the Soi Buakow Market would be quite dark.

The other "French Restaurant", actually Belgium , is La Petite Planete which is on same soi and close to Cuisine Au Beurre.

dab69
April 18th, 2015, 06:53
I knew mentioning the other darkened street behind TukCom would confuse readers here but they
both intrigued me as they were unlit and understated in comparison to the main streets/Pattaya Tai with
all their traffic and lights.
Cuisine au Buerre sounds familiar, the seating in back on a higher level than those tables/chairs in the front.

Who could have known on a dark street how many brightly lit open air bright primary color- walled restaurants
are on a corner of Soi Buakow? My friend just wanted to take me to eat where a relative worked
and he also "liked to eat basketti".

Wazza
April 18th, 2015, 17:57
The only restaurant on a corner and open is the ''Wine Cellar opposite Bordeaux. Cuisine Au Buerre is closed for Songkran and that end of Day Night 2 is dark at the moment.

christianpfc
April 18th, 2015, 19:01
Maybe Cucumber restaurant? It's opposite (across South Pattaya Road) from Tuk-Com, on the same side of South Pattaya Road as Buakao, and there is a small soi with little light next to it as far as I remember.

joe552
April 18th, 2015, 20:13
Is there a prize for correctly identifying the restaurant? A free off with the Eros boy of your choice perhaps? :-\

francois
April 18th, 2015, 21:15
Quite easy to find, just look for an open-air French restaurant on a corner with walls that is brightly lit on a dark soi serving Italian food on Soi Buakow across from one of the four entrances to Tukcom which is not on Soi Buakow. What could be simpler?

joe552
April 18th, 2015, 22:53
Ah now I know it, thanks francois

Manforallseasons
April 19th, 2015, 00:23
Francois it must be Cuisine Au Buerre (butter kitchen) it is somewhat misleading to say it is an Italian restaurant as they do serve Italian, French, American yes even hamburgers and as for location it is directly across from one off the side entrances of Tuc Com facing west not on the corner........good inexpensive eats!

pennyboy
April 19th, 2015, 02:47
I think there is a French Restaurant in the Soi Buakow market area along from my favourite coffee shop Benjamits. In the shophouses running parallel to Pattaya Tai and on that side.

francois
April 19th, 2015, 13:35
dab 69 I believe that restaurant is Osmos; near Benjamint coffee shop and not far from Tukcom and Soi Buakow. I walk by it often but only in daytime.

francois
April 19th, 2015, 13:43
more photos Osmos

dab69
April 20th, 2015, 03:46
yesyes, that was the very chair whence I sat.Pink with yellow tartan pillow. I remember now.

My friend had said to me "you like Italian? I like eat basgetti."

Oh those French people - they sure can decorate a restaurant.

Memories, paint the corners of my mind.
Mistywatercolormemories, ofthewaywewere

francois
April 20th, 2015, 04:01
Next trip I must try eating at Osmos. I never realized is was a French restaurant .

dab69
April 21st, 2015, 06:24
SO what does one order in a French Restaurant?
Ruling out the French Fries and French Toast.

francois
April 21st, 2015, 10:15
Frog's legs, foie gras, escargot, soupe a l'oignon and a chocolate mouse for dessert. :ymsick:

a447
April 21st, 2015, 13:32
chocolate mouse

And make sure you try the rat-atouille!

April 21st, 2015, 13:50
Frog's legs, foie gras, escargot, soupe a l'oignon and a chocolate mouse for dessert. :ymsick:Nothing with truffles? Surely the Thais can make fake truffles?

francois
April 21st, 2015, 21:42
Cock-On-Vine is also quite tasty especially if served by a cute Thai waiter.

dab69
May 24th, 2015, 11:21
[url]https://www.facebook.com/pages/Osmos-French-Restaurant/249140918568749/url]

dab69
May 24th, 2015, 14:07
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Osmos-French-Restaurant/249140918568749

(why does it always skip that third bracket?)

Francois' pics have way more info than their Facebook page