PDA

View Full Version : Pattaya Accomidations

bucknaway
April 13th, 2015, 03:28
I'm trying to find a nice place in Pattaya along the beach since the 1 bedroom I like at the View Talay 5C is not available. I was offered a large nice room at the view talay 5D but that is too far from the beach for me.

Do any of you know of a nice place on the beach for about 2,000 baht a night or less?

I've tried room-club years ago and they were fine but I would like to try a different place. I am even willing to consider Jomtien Complex (Condo rental) and sacrafice the nearness to the gay beach for the nearness of the guys.

I saw one place last year along the beach and forgot to check them out. Anyone know anything about BB House?

[attachment=0:34d14dfl]bbhouse.JPG[/attachment:34d14dfl]

Surfcrest
April 13th, 2015, 04:23
It was once the Sugar Palm Beach Hotel, Thai run and quite popular with the gay crowd all through the 90's.
I liked the location so much I bought into the Jomtien Complex just behind the Sugar Palm, our entranceway to the beach about another 20 meters to the left.
I recall in the 2000's the Sugar Palm fell out of favour with the gay customers for some reason.(?)

Maybe about 5 years back, the former Thai owners of the Sugar Palm sold and it became the BB Club.
I used to eat breakfast at the Sea Falcon (chairs in the foreground) and I still haven't noticed many, if any gay customers staying there.
The mosquitos can be an irritant at the restaurant and so I imagine the Hotel, especially the back rooms with the open hallways will have them when it's wet.
Let us know if you decide to stay there!

Surfcrest

latintopxxx
April 13th, 2015, 09:18
I believe that it has ben spruced up and a pool put in (at least the pool looks recent), its a narrow long pool. All accomodation is under 2000bht. Looks nice from the outside but I didnt get a chance to see the rooms.

TOQ
April 13th, 2015, 10:14
I'm trying to find a nice place in Pattaya along the beach since the 1 bedroom I like at the View Talay 5C is not available. I was offered a large nice room at the view talay 5D but that is too far from the beach for me.

Do any of you know of a nice place on the beach for about 2,000 baht a night or less?

I've tried room-club years ago and they were fine but I would like to try a different place. I am even willing to consider Jomtien Complex (Condo rental) and sacrafice the nearness to the gay beach for the nearness of the guys.

I saw one place last year along the beach and forgot to check them out. Anyone know anything about BB House?

[attachment=0:3qncfxgs]bbhouse.JPG[/attachment:3qncfxgs]

you might check this out: http://www.bestbedhouse.com/best_bed_house_pattaya.htm

Up2U
April 13th, 2015, 11:06
Seaboard properties has rental units in vt5c,vt5d,vt7,etc. One of their websites is:

http://www.condo7.com/

Drop them an email.

bucknaway
April 13th, 2015, 18:16
Thanks everyone, I've been looking at air B&B for the most part. They shoot some rooms and review telly five and seven for a total cost of 5000 baht all the way up to 20,000 baht for nine days rental.

I'll give t some of the suggestions that you guys made a try. Thanks a lot for the feedback.

travelerjim
April 14th, 2015, 20:01
Bucky,

I believe VT 5D is CLOSER to the beach...right behind Avalon Beach Resort Hotel
It is VT 5C which is closer to the Thrappraya Rd...street

I lived in VT5D for nearly 4 years...2 yrs X twice.

Good luck,
tj

Up2U
April 15th, 2015, 07:16
Bucky,

I believe VT 5D is CLOSER to the beach...right behind Avalon Beach Resort Hotel
It is VT 5C which is closer to the Thrappraya Rd...street

I lived in VT5D for nearly 4 years...2 yrs X twice.

Good luck,
tj
5C is next to the Avalon and the beach , 5D is by Thappraya Rd. (I have friends who live in 5C) View Talay 2 is almost opposite VT5 and means you must physically cross Thappraya Rd. which can be tricky during the high season. The difference in walking time and distance to the beach between VT5c and VT5D is inconsequential to me.

travelerjim
April 17th, 2015, 10:23
I guess my old age is getting the best of me...
I thought for sure that View Talay 5D was right behind Avalon...

Maybe I'm learning something new today... Hmmm ???
In any event...Have a great trip Bucky...

tj

bucknaway
April 22nd, 2015, 23:14
I've booked a room at view talay 7
I've never stayed there before and managed to get a good price through agoda which was half the rate of booking.com.