PDA

View Full Version : BKK Hotel in October?

mrb43
April 6th, 2015, 02:53
A buddy and I are visiting Bangkok for first time in October and need advice please regarding hotel accommodations.

We're looking in the $100-125 USD a night range.

We want to be close to boy action - but not the primary focus of our trip.

We'd like a hotel that is nice enough to not get bent out of shape when we have an overnight guest.

I've checked out the Crown Plaza Lumpini Park and Le Meridien.

Any other thoughts guys?

Thanks.

April 22nd, 2015, 22:44
BBB Inn in Bangkok. Gay hotel. Very very close to Soi Twilight (so where all the hot boy action is). Cheap. Not the best quality however. Bringing a boy with you is not a problem. They expect you to do that.

Up2U
April 23rd, 2015, 09:07
The nice rooms at the Tarntawan are about 80-90usd and in the heart of the action.

bobsaigon2
April 23rd, 2015, 11:46
Tarntawan Place Hotel is probably the best on the street with regard to welcoming overnight guests and proximity to entertainment. The entire hotel could benefit from a renovation/updating, but the staff is always pleasant. About $100/night for the Deluxe Suriwongse Rooms, which have a view of the courtyard. Rooms on the other side of the hotel are inferior.

In many of their rooms, Le Meridien charges for wifi and I don't think smoking is allowed within the hotel.

Next door to Le Meridien is deArni. Sometimes their website says the joiner fee is waved.

Some people like the Rose Hotel, very near Soi Twilight, but I have never read any good reports of their rooms.

Other hotels on the street are not very welcoming to joiners, especially not the Montien.

Oliver
April 24th, 2015, 14:54
I've been happy at Tarntawan for the past fifteen years and have no intention of changing. Location is just right and, set back from Surawong, quiet. Bathrooms much improved. Bed-linen better than in most hotels of a similar standard. Buffet breakfast better (IMHO) than the previous arrangement. Friendly staff with excellent security. Wi fi usually good though varies from floor to floor. Electronic safes in rooms....at last!

April 25th, 2015, 16:35
A buddy and I are visiting Bangkok for first time in October and need advice please regarding hotel accommodations.Somewhere that doesn't leak. October in Bangkok is the end of the rainy season. If the wet season was a very wet one, there may still be flooding in Bangkok and elsewhere if the Chao Phraya River swells over its banks, but that doesn't happen every year. http://www.travelfish.org/weather/thailand/october

marti
April 26th, 2015, 09:00
Many on here are supporters of the Tarantawan Hotel but I find it run down and sometime rooms are dirty. I like the Rose Hotel much better and if you book it through Agoda it is cheaper than Tarantawan

TravellerDave
April 26th, 2015, 12:29
Im another supporter of the Tarantawan. Im surprised that you say it run down and sometimes dirty- thats not been my experience.
For me it being quiet at night is a big plus as Im sensitive to noise from the street and other guests, especially when im in bed with a boy.