View Full Version : How do you use Grindr?

cdnmatt
April 1st, 2015, 18:48
I figured it anyone knew how to use Grindr, it would be my fellow gay Thailand sex-pats / sex-tourists. Ohhh... I mean "desperados". I think that's the term we're using now, right?

Anyway, just bought my first tablet today, a Samsung Galaxy Note, or something or another. Considering I develop software for a living, you'd think I'd know how to use one of these things, but in all honesty, I don't have the slightest idea. I did get Grindr installed, and it seems to have picked up my location fine, but it's giving me people in places like Cambodia, Bangkok, Chiang Mai, Pattaya, etc. I want people in my city (or neighborhood would be even better), not people in the next country over.

Can't seem to find any settings to change this. What am I doing wrong?

Bonus Question: Anyone know how to get the Thai alphabet going on this thing? I only seem to be able to bring up the English keyboard.

christianpfc
April 1st, 2015, 23:33
Are you trolling (again, or since you started?)? I have to admit I believed your stories for years, but that fake BBQ invitation some years ago openend my eyes.

Grindr gives profiles sorted by distance, closest first. It gets location from googlemaps, which gets it from GPS or WiFi.

Text input is something completely different, via a keyboard app. As you change languages e.g. for writing a text message, you change language for writing on Grindr.

francois
April 2nd, 2015, 03:56
Are you trolling (again, or since you started?)? I have to admit I believed your stories for years, but that fake BBQ invitation some years ago openend my eyes.

There are others who have also been hoodwinked by Matt. Showed up for a rendezvous and no Matt and a fake cell number.

colmx
April 2nd, 2015, 04:35
wel in case Matt is real...
Sounds like you have a fake device with a crappy chinese mediatek procesor...
The mediatek GPS is brutal and makes your location drift by sometimes 100's of miles
Bring your device back for a refund!

cdnmatt
April 2nd, 2015, 20:52
No, I'm actual real. If you don't believe me, Surfcrest has my permission to verify my IP, and post the results. It's not a proxy -- it's a residential IP assigned by 3BB. Location generally says Khon Kaen, but sometimes will say either Bangkok or Udon Thani.

Surfcrest
April 2nd, 2015, 21:37
Yes cdnmatt is indeed a real user name posting from a real IP address. I'm not so sure that is the question being asked of cdnmatt in this post by a few members, but I confirm what he's asked of me.

I thought that Matt had posted that he had moved from KK to Uruguay? I'm quite happy to see him back.

Surfcrest

cdnmatt
April 3rd, 2015, 01:33
I thought that Matt had posted that he had moved from KK to Uruguay?

That's still the plan, but I don't know, scared I guess. Here, I know the language, culture, society, and my way around. Plus it's cheap to live. Regardless of where in the world I am, I'm stuck behind the computer typing code. Here, I'm working away watching my savings grow quite nicely. Uruguay isn't going to be like that, and I'll be in for a ~400% increase in living costs. That, and packing two 30kg dogs 12,000kms across the globe is easier said than done. But yes, Uruguay is still the plan... whenever I get to it.

francois, my apologies. I remember that though. Back then, we were piss poor, living out of a hotel room, and literally going through the change jar to see if we could afford an extra few days. I didn't even have the money to go out for diinner or some beers, hence you got ignored.

christian, back then I was stuck between a rock and a hard place in life. Although we've never even met, you're probably the most judgemental person I've ever encountered in my life, and at the time, that was the last thing I needed, hence you got ignored as well.

Nowadays though, you guys are more than welcome to visit if wanted. Can't really bring any giks here though, as I don't need the neighbours seeing that. Nonetheless, Kim has been out of my life for over a year, have a nice comfortable house, money is good, etc. Master bedroom with en-suite bathroom is all yours, as I sleep in the spare room. It's smaller, so cheaper for A/C. Please note though, there's no A/C allowed in the main living areas, as the doors stay open for the dogs all day, plus the windows are always open as I smoke inside. You can have A/C in your bedroom, but not the main living areas.

Smiles
April 3rd, 2015, 07:25
You think people you don't know, or 'know' only through a message board are expecting to crash in your second bedroom? What a crock.

A few drinks, conversation, and perhaps a meal together in Khon Khaen is probably all anyone in their right mind would, or should, expect when hooking up with a perfect stranger.
Along with Francois and Christian I am also aware of at least one more person from a board who was treated in the same way (including the fake phone number) . . . and he actually went to KK and ended up with silence from you: no contact.

Jellybean
April 3rd, 2015, 11:08
. . . Please note though, there's no A/C allowed in the main living areas, as the doors stay open for the dogs all day, plus the windows are always open as I smoke inside . . .
Crikey cdnmatt! You donтАЩt exactly paint an appealing picture of Chez Matt. One that would entice members away from the sex hot spots of Pattaya and Bangkok and have us journey up to the gay desert that is Khon Kaen. At the very least IтАЩd be looking for some creature comforts.

But, by the looks of things and by your own account, your house stinks of cigarette smoke and dogs. It is unbearably hot because thereтАЩs no air-con. And, to make matters worse, your doors and windows are open 24/7, which means sharing with all sorts of creepy crawlies like, mosquitoes, geckos, spiders, dragonflies, scorpions, cockroaches and perhaps even snakes! The only creatures missing are the herds of wildebeests I quoted on the Hotel for Songkran in Silom thread. Although, I think I recall you mentioning you once had a mad cow in your garden, or was that one of your neighbours? ;)

No, if I ever find myself in your neck of the woods, IтАЩd rather book myself into one of the local hotels. I prefer a smoke, dog, cat and bug free room with air-con. But I would certainly send you a PM to let you know where you can drop in and meet me. I promise not to be the least bit judgmental!

Hope you can take a joke cdnmatt? No offence was intended in the writing of this post.

=))

catawampuscat
April 3rd, 2015, 12:12
While it's bad form to give out fake tel.#, I have told several Farangs over the years that
I didn't have a tel #, forgot it or other bs to avoid obnoxious or desperately lonely farangs.
The most recent was very depressed and bemoaning the fact that he had no one to talk to,
was very lonely after living in Pattaya for years and needed someone to pour out all his
angst to. My warning sirens were deafening and I told him some lie and escaped.
Another, was obsessed with posters on this forum and once he knew my handle here pursued me relentlessly. The fact that he was a toothless, chain smoking bar fly and
chicken hawk made him a leper. He hated me when I told him what I thought of him.
There are several others who are still active here who are certifable, needy, neurotic
men with many issues. One was drooling over my Thai bf and trying to hit on him.
Some friend.
Some farangs just don't get it. I've warned about bar flies, con men who are instantly
your best friend and need a loan, world class obnoxious bores who think their school days
are an interesting topic or want to show you pictures of their wives and children.
If I were Matt, I'd avoid pushy persistent, inquisitive farangs from forums.
And slightly catty, I'm sure christian was looking for free room and free food. Nothing wrong with that but Matt was struggling and didn't need a freeloader to house.
Sometimes a wrong tel. # is a hint telling you to fuck off.

Surfcrest
April 3rd, 2015, 15:27
Sometimes I wonder Matt, if you wouldn't be happier and wealthier back home here in Vancouver. Climate change has been good to us, no snow these winters, warm sunshine throughout February this year and several great summers in a row. A lot of my gay friends are millionaires now, having made a bundle flipping real estate in one of the hottest markets in the world. You've said it before, that you could do the work that you do pretty much anywhere. You know, there's plenty of boys here...many Thais now, totally dog friendly and...no AC required.

Like some of you, I've conversed with Matt outside of the Forum over the years and he's been great to me. I know for sure he's the real deal!

If only I could, I'd jump at the chance to visit Matt. I love dogs, prefer a breeze over AC, quite like geckos...especially since they eat mosquitos.

Anyhow, Uruguay is one of the better South American countries. The fishing is good, fish a nice break from all the red meat they eat down in Argentina and up in Brazil. Not much in Paraguay to the West though, one of the ugliest countries I've ever seen (sorry if you're from there...really sorry lol).

Surfcrest

joe552
April 3rd, 2015, 17:18
I too would have no problem with the dogs. I always believed Matt's posts about his relationship with Kim - would love to meet face to face just to confirm he was genuine. But a trip to Khon Kaen? I'm not sure I'm that curious. :-\

cdnmatt
April 3rd, 2015, 21:59
Not sure about the fake cell# thing, as I can't recall that, and not sure why I would ever do it. Me not picking up doesn't make the # fake. This was all years ago, so maybe I'm wrong, but as far as I can recall, Christian is mad at me because I didn't reply to a PM. That's it, so tough shit. Then there was ONE guy (I'm assuming francois, but can't remember) who was in KK years ago, we spoke once on the phone, then I began ignoring his calls. My apologies, and I will freely admit I'm a total asshole for doing that. If you want to hold it against me, go for it.

Sometimes I wonder Matt, if you wouldn't be happier and wealthier back home here in Vancouver.

Nah, did that for a year before. Spent $5000/month to live a mediocre life in a tiny 1 bdrm condo, and sit by myself and type code. I can do the same here for $2000/month, but with a nice house, huge yard, about 20 palm trees, and no winter. :) Plus, I have my dogs, and I'm not moving them to a 1 bdrm on W Georgia and Bute, and I don't have an extra $2 million laying around for a house in Vancouver. And if it wasn't for them, I'd probably be hanging from a noose right now, so there's no chance in hell I'm leaving them behind. They go where I go.

But no, I'm happy here. I have my problems as everyone does, but they're not going to disappear by going to Vancouver. And I love this house. I've lived in 3 different houses in KK now, and this one is by far my favorite. Smallest, but largest yard, and my favorite.

christianpfc
April 4th, 2015, 01:15
In chronological order:

http://66.199.190.19/~sgt/forum/viewtop ... =9&t=25195 (http://66.199.190.19/~sgt/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=25195)

cdnmatt Posted: Tue 31 Jan, 2012 11:05 am
If you (thrillbill, see link) feel like getting together for dinner & drinks some night or something, let me know. I'm not much for nights out these days, but a dinner and couple glasses of wine I'm always up for.

http://66.199.190.19/~sgt/forum/viewtop ... 2&start=75 (http://66.199.190.19/~sgt/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=26733&sid=447613b6f1857894067c166e6eaae0f2&start=75)

cdnmatt Posted: Sat 30 Jun, 2012 4:28 am
You're (christianpfc, see link) probably the nicest & most respectful guy (sic!) around these parts, so why would you ever owe me anything? I'd be happy to cook you a nice steak, or take you for dinner if you ever find your way up here though. :-)

No idea, but guessing I'll be in KK for another three months or so, then after that, Chiang Mai. Kim's keeping his end of the bargain, so I'm not about to uproot him, especially during this time period. I'll do that later. If you find yourself in my area during those time frames, drop me a line.

Is it a breach of privacy to post my own PMs? I think not.

Sent: Mon 17 Sep, 2012 5:27 pm
To: cdnmatt
Hello,

I can't find my last message in my outbox, so I write again.

I am currently in Thailand (09.09.-29.09., now in Pattaya) with possible side trips to Khon Kaen and Chiang Mai. Where are you now and when are you free to meet. I am not in the internet every day, best to contact me (edit).

Regards, Christian

Sent: Tue 23 Apr, 2013 6:07 pm
To: cdnmatt
Hello,

I want to ask if your invitation to barbecue in Khon Kaen is still valid. If you moved elsewhere, no problem, I can come to any reasonable place in Thailand on a weekend trip (requires some preparation).

Regards, Christian

Reading but not replying to messages is Thai for "I don't have time now, don't want to, am elsewhere, ..." or Troll for "I have gone too far, I didn't expect there would be a sucker who bites".

francois
April 4th, 2015, 03:41
There are others who have also been hoodwinked by Matt. Showed up for a rendezvous and no Matt and a fake cell number.

For clarification, it was the other above who showed up for a rendezvous with Matt not I. This other is a a highly respected poster on the forums but name is confidential.

As for Matt being real/genuine, no doubt he is more real than Beachlover who lived and posted a totally fantasy life. But is Matt who he claims he is? A young guy living hand-to-mouth, earning a living by doing some sort of computer programming while in Thailand? Or maybe an older retiree just having some fun playing on his computer? Surfcrest has been in communication with him but in what way? If face-to-face then I will be a believer but if by email, PM, telephone, I will remain a Doubting Thomas.

But Thomas, one of the twelve, called Didymus, was not with them when Jesus came.
The other disciples therefore said unto him, We have seen the Lord. But he said unto them, Except I shall see in his hands the print of the nails, and put my finger into the print of the nails, and thrust my hand into his side, I will not believe. John 20:24-25

Brad the Impala
April 4th, 2015, 04:35
Surfcrest has been in communication with him but in what way? If face-to-face then I will be a believer but if by email, PM, telephone, I will remain a Doubting Thomas.

But Thomas, one of the twelve, called Didymus, was not with them when Jesus came.
The other disciples therefore said unto him, We have seen the Lord. But he said unto them, Except I shall see in his hands the print of the nails, and put my finger into the print of the nails, and thrust my hand into his side, I will not believe. John 20:24-25

I think that thrusting your hand into his side may be a bit extreme in the circumstances!

cdnmatt
April 4th, 2015, 08:58
But is Matt who he claims he is? A young guy living hand-to-mouth, earning a living by doing some sort of computer programming while in Thailand?

Well, I'm in my mid 30s now, so not sure if I would consider that young. Not living hand-to-mouth anymore either. Got rid of Kim, and took about a year to re-train myself in a certain field, but I'm back to doing more than fine now. Thanks to globalization, being a general purpose software developer doesn't pay worth a shit anymore, so had to re-train myself.

Again, I will freely admit I'm an asshole, and there's no excuse for ignoring that guy's phone calls (can't remember his name). Remember, this is stuff that happened like 4 years ago. I do apologize though. If you don't want to accept it, then not much I can do. Besides, if I was going to fabricate a story about falling in love with a Thai guy, don't you think I would of made it a little better than the pure hell I went through?

Anyway, got Grindr working at least! Not sure what happened, but it seems fine now, and is now showing the distance of each person. Few gay guys close by, but slim pickings.

Smiles
April 4th, 2015, 09:56
" ... I will freely admit I'm an asshole ... "
Well spoken.
You are now relieved of your sins.

christianpfc
April 5th, 2015, 00:47
...I'm an asshole...
and a troll.

Joking. Some day I will pass Khon Kaen again (actually was there some weeks ago, so it won't be again soon), then the moment of truth will arrive.

cdnmatt
April 5th, 2015, 04:36
Joking. Some day I will pass Khon Kaen again (actually was there some weeks ago, so it won't be again soon), then the moment of truth will arrive.

Well, feel free any time. Nowadays, I don't have Kim or 10 lady boys in the house, so you're welcome to visit now. I can't promise my skin temperature will be to your liking, but I can cook a mean chicken cordon bleu. :-)

Surfcrest
April 5th, 2015, 08:29
I can tell you that none of us would be even having this discussion about cdnmatt today if it weren't for Matt. When I took over this Board, Neal had left it in terrible shape as his "tech" was really just his server provider "Stan" who only provided server related support. The Board and the software had been left unattended for at least a year or two and was barely working. Matt came in, fixed all the software related bugs, performed all the missing updates and fixed the software so that things started to work again. When I brought back jinks, Matt showed jinks and I all the things we needed to do to keep the site online and working for a number of more years. No doubt, had Matt not stepped in, we would have lost the old Board and would probably not be here today.

Matt even put together a new prototype Board for us on the new Vbulletin software that I purchased. Unfortunately, this is when things were at the worst for Matt with what was going on with Kim and even worse...the issues he was having with the house and his health. This was at about the same time elephantspike returned and stepping in when Matt wasn't able and taking us down a much different path, in terms of sticking with our phpBB software and adding on the WordPress network page.

Matt never wanted to take any credit for the work that he did for us. I promised him I would never mention it, but now that enough time has passed and we have people who still doubt cdnmatt, here it is! There's plenty more I could tell you, but like I said before...it's all good and Matt is indeed the real deal.

Personally, while I have a great connection with some of the members of the Board I too probably wouldn't plan on flying all the way up to KK to visit a member I had only conversed with here. Maybe I'm different or it's the Canadian connection I share with Matt...lol.

Surfcrest

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y69/Surfcrest/how-to-draw-ike_1_000000003984_5.jpg

April 5th, 2015, 10:09
Can't really bring any giks here though, as I don't need the neighbours seeing that.I was expecting more of a reaction to being told not to bring boys back, lest the neighbours think badly of matt.

cdnmatt
April 5th, 2015, 10:34
Ummm, thanks Surfcrest, I guess. :) Sorry how things ended up as well.

Can't really bring any giks here though, as I don't need the neighbours seeing that.I was expecting more of a reaction to being told not to bring boys back, lest the neighbours think badly of matt.

Well, KK does happen to have hotels. That rule applies to me too -- I don't get to bring giks here either. The neighbours don't need to see that, and especially not their kids. This isn't the area for it. There's short time hotels all over the place for a reason.

That, and I don't need a bunch of Thai guys knowing where I live, constantly coming by to beg for money.

Brad the Impala
April 6th, 2015, 00:24
That's nice to hear about Matt's help, thank you. I always thought that Matt's experiences were too piquant to be invented. Unless he was a great novelist, of which there are not too many on this site.

I was one of those encouraging you into your, in hindsight, disastrous relationship with Kim. Sorry it didn't work out, but I hope that it was not too embittering an experience, and it was an experience........

Smiles
April 6th, 2015, 09:26
" ... The Board and the software had been left unattended for at least a year or two and was barely working. Matt came in, fixed all the software related bugs, performed all the missing updates and fixed the software so that things started to work again. When I brought back jinks, Matt showed jinks and I all the things we needed to do to keep the site online and working for a number of more years. No doubt, had Matt not stepped in, we would have lost the old Board and would probably not be here today ... "
I have no doubt about the above, and in fact one of course could not possibly have any animosity toward Mat (real name ... no idea) in terms of the technical aspects of getting things-internet fixed up and in fighting order. From his posts here, that is the business he is in.

However, the personality side (i.e. the human side) of Mat is a whole other kettle of fish, and, for myself, he presents a decidedly unappealing one (and he is a countryman of mine, as is Surfcrest) and is solidly based on many of his past posts on Sawatdee which, as far as I'm concerned, add up to an 'inner' person who I would be quite uninterested in meeting. Technical proficiency ~ in anything ~ is not a criteria on the level of which I am talking of.

Having said that, I'm quite sure that there many others who have been struck by Mat in a completely opposite fashion to how I have been struck. Opinions based on personality 'stuff' are diverse, complicated ... and welcome.

And on the technical level regarding the hidden and unseen world of 're-programming' ~ is that the correct description? ~ internet message boards : a damn good job.

April 6th, 2015, 10:47
However, the personality side (i.e. the human side) of Mat is a whole other kettle of fish, and, for myself, he presents a decidedly unappealing one (and he is a countryman of mine, as is Surfcrest) and is solidly based on many of his past posts on Sawatdee which, as far as I'm concerned, add up to an 'inner' person who I would be quite uninterested in meeting.While those are my feelings too - he comes across as young, dumb and full of ... it - I generally try not to come to a conclusion about an online persona as being truly representative of the offline person without further corroboration such as, for example, my recent holiday with a447.

catawampuscat
April 6th, 2015, 12:27
Many assume that being dumb and falling madly in love is for fat old farangs but
Matt has shown us there's no age limit on doing stupid things and living in denial.
Well, looks like Matt has wised up and learnt his lesson, unlike serial fat old farang
repeaters, who end up flying off tall buildings when the money runs out.
Many old farangs would take Kim back and do it all over again as they are so certain,
the love and passion are mutual and real and turn a blind eye or two when the horror of a full
length mirror shows reality.
I'm convinced we get stupider as we get older when it comes to love and sex.
Even much younger farangs like Matt and christian get fucked over, bull shitted to
death and played. It's all a game, but so many farang forget the golden rule..

cdnmatt
April 6th, 2015, 13:41
However, the personality side (i.e. the human side) of Mat is a whole other kettle of fish, and, for myself, he presents a decidedly unappealing one (and he is a countryman of mine, as is Surfcrest) and is solidly based on many of his past posts on Sawatdee which, as far as I'm concerned, add up to an 'inner' person who I would be quite uninterested in meeting. Technical proficiency ~ in anything ~ is not a criteria on the level of which I am talking of.

I would give my analysis of your personality, but unfortunately I have manners, so I'll keep my mouth shut.

Anyway, as for Grindr, not sure about this. Don't really like it. I'm assuming there's quite a bit of jail bait on here? I have so-called 25yo guys contacting me who don't look a day over 14. I know Thai guys look young, but not that young. Are they cops, or just horny teenagers who lie about their age (and most probably, want money)? Either way, not replying to them.

EIther way, I just don't think I'm much of an online dating type of guy. Might actually have to leave the house, and talk to people. :-)

Sorry it didn't work out, but I hope that it was not too embittering an experience, and it was an experience........

I can say it did teach me to stand on my own two feet much better. Back in my younger days everyone always said I was too nice for my own good, and I can quite confidently say taking advantage of me would be easier said than done now. :-)

Smiles
April 6th, 2015, 15:22
"... I would give my analysis of your personality, but unfortunately I have manners, so I'll keep my mouth shut ... "
Then perhaps you should think about letting other people describe you as an asshole (as you did above) rather than proclaim it yourself.

As in, from you : " I'm actually an asshole".
Then response from Some Members: " ... Oh cndmatt chill man, you are not. Don't listen to those negative dudes. You're cool. So honest ... "
--------------------------------------

PS: (To those members who are appalled at these divergences, I shall not cause rancor on this subject anymore).

cdnmatt
April 6th, 2015, 21:15
BTW.... am I the only gay guy that doesn't like anal? People seem mystified when I tell them I'm neither, top or bottom, as I don't like anal. I'm definitely an ass guy, but I don't know, I just don't like putting little cdnmatt in there.

Anyone else the same? Or am I the only gay guy out there who doesn't like anal?

joe552
April 7th, 2015, 02:10
Not sure how this question fits into the thread, but for what it's worth, I'm the same. Asses are for shitting, not sex. In my not so humble opinion

francois
April 7th, 2015, 03:31
Joe, the corollary might be that penises are for urination only and mouths are for eating food only?

April 7th, 2015, 05:19
Not sure how this question fits into the thread, but for what it's worth, I'm the same. Asses are for shitting, not sex. In my not so humble opinionInterestingly the Dalai Lama takes exactly the same view to justify banning both oral and anal sex for heterosexuals and homosexuals altogether while allowing there is nothing intrinsically wrong with homosexuals themselves.

joe552
April 7th, 2015, 07:20
I never said my view was logical.

catawampuscat
April 7th, 2015, 10:17
Many gay men never do anal and quite a few just like to watch the boy chuck wow and
stroke and pet the boy. One farang I knew, didn't take off his clothes with the boy.
The other extreme is an American who insists on fucking and cumming 3 times in the boys
ass on the same 'off'. The boys hate him and he's always disappointed.
Francois is right and our body parts have more than one use. Sitting for example.

April 7th, 2015, 13:46
Many gay men never do anal and quite a few just like to watch the boy chuck wow and stroke and pet the boy.Yet there is one poster (no names mind) who has been posting about his fascination with the male anus for days now. Fills in a hole in his life perhaps.

a447
April 7th, 2015, 15:37
Spot on!

A bit like this board for you; you spend your whole life on this board- christ, you're on here every fucking day!

Yet another lonely old pensioner.

May I suggest you move to Pattaya; that way even you just may find a hole. A hole is lot more interesting than sitting at home all day logging on here.

Hey, I'm only here to help.

Time for a life, Kommie.

FIGJAM! Lol

francois
April 7th, 2015, 20:54
FIGJAM!

Is FIGJAM anything like VEGEMITE? :YMSICK:

a447
April 7th, 2015, 22:52
Fuck I'm good. Just ask me.

lego
April 8th, 2015, 03:12
Asses are for shitting, not sex. In my not so humble opinion
While that's an interesting view, I wouldn't be quite as happy if I couldn't sodomize someone every now and then. ;) That said, what has really baffled me ever since first arriving in Thailand is how important anal sex is to most Thai gays I've met. Before, I had often had sex that didn't include anal, since I moved to Thailand that has been quite a rare event. I'm not complaining, but if it were entirely up to me, I'd skip the anal part in let's say 50% to 70% of all encounters and I wouldn't miss a thing.

christianpfc
April 8th, 2015, 23:26
Every now and then, I like to fuck (whereas getting fucked only if the boy insists). Same for oral. I find it weird if people start a conversation online with asking "are you top or bottom".

Smiles
April 9th, 2015, 13:51
Every now and then, I like to fuck (whereas getting fucked only if the boy insists). Same for oral. I find it weird if people start a conversation online with asking "are you top or bottom".
Christian, when you hear that question put to someone (on these gay Thailand message boards in particular) it is almost always asked tongue-in-cheek (or sometimes cock-in-cheek in this instance) as kind of a joke. Often a lame joke mind you (it is asked far too often), but joking just the same.
You, having a pretty well zero sense of humour, take most everything drearily Germanically literally.

catawampuscat
April 9th, 2015, 14:04
Don't get christian started on 'golden showers'.

christianpfc
April 10th, 2015, 20:07
You, having a pretty well zero sense of humour, take most everything drearily Germanically literally.
That's not true, I laughed twice this year already.

Brad the Impala
April 11th, 2015, 04:42
That's not true, I laughed twice this year already.

Very droll!

cdnmatt
April 13th, 2015, 16:18
Another thing I've noticed -- I'm assuming half Thai, half Farang people are quite common nowadays? If I either provide an initial reply or start a conversation in Thai, 80% of the time I'll be asked if I'm Thai. I definitely don't look Thai, that's for sure. It's nice though -- seems like xenophobia might be slowly fading.

cdnmatt
April 17th, 2015, 21:20
Have to admit, so far, Grindr seems to be a waste of time. I'm sure if you're in a brothel house like Pattaya it would be great fun, but here, not so much. Everyone here seems to be university educated, and wants an actual relationship. Hrmphh...

francois
April 18th, 2015, 00:53
I'm sure if you're in a brothel house like Pattaya it would be great fun, but here, not so much. .

Time for you to exit KK and cum to Pattaya. The boyz will make you feel at home.

cdnmatt
April 18th, 2015, 03:39
Time for you to exit KK and cum to Pattaya. The boyz will make you feel at home.

Almost, yeah. Apparently, all the poor rice farmers already pawned their tablets and phones, so they're not on Grindr here, lol

Bloody hell, I think I'm the only foreigner in Thailand who hasn't had sex in nearly 2 years.

My Thai writing skills are getting damn good though. :-)

cdnmatt
April 18th, 2015, 07:02
And what's with this Line thing everyone likes? From what I can gather, it's a really shitty version of Skype. It's got stickers and stuff, which would probably be pretty cool if I was an 8yo girl, but unfortunately I'm not, so having a tough time seeing the attraction to Line here.

April 18th, 2015, 09:07
...which would probably be pretty cool if I was an 8yo girl, but unfortunately I'm not...How odd. That's precisely how you come across.

cdnmatt
April 18th, 2015, 21:27
...which would probably be pretty cool if I was an 8yo girl, but unfortunately I'm not...How odd. That's precisely how you come across.

And you come across as such a charasmatic, loving, empathetic individual. :-)

And what's with the small dog in your avatar? My guys would have that for a snack, then ask what's for lunch.

April 19th, 2015, 13:41
And what's with the small dog in your avatar? My guys would have that for a snack, then ask what's for lunch.I wasn't aware you're living in Vietnam these days.

netrix
April 20th, 2015, 19:53
I like Hornet better than Gruber. You can search other cities besides your immediate area, and you can add more of a profile and multiple pics. Also seems more popular with a lot of Thai guys in Chiang Mai and elsewhere.

cdnmatt
May 11th, 2015, 09:52
One thing I've noticed is there's a lot of Thais out there who want to learn English, and practice their English with me. At the same time, I want to practice my Thai. And like it or not, for 95% of them, I speak Thai better than they speak English... Hmmm....

vnman
May 16th, 2015, 12:40
It's interesting how many (me too years ago) give their uncensored (i hope) opinion of cdnmatt. I guess that's what you get when you open up on a board like this en give people updates about your the ins and outs of your life, true or not.

About the topic: I have a friend who is able to find the cutest guys on Grindr. I guess there are plenty other apps like that; such as jack'd. Personally, I find i hard to get my kicks there.