View Full Version : Full House?

Dalewood
March 29th, 2015, 05:15
Arriving in Pattaya circa April 9th for 5-6 nights. Dare I try to stay in Jomtien without advance reservations? I prefer a bit of flexibility. Not looking for a fancy place.

Thanks....

Smiles
March 29th, 2015, 09:44
Arriving in Pattaya circa April 9th for 5-6 nights. Dare I try to stay in Jomtien without advance reservations? I prefer a bit of flexibility. Not looking for a fancy place.
Thanks....
Do you mean to just walk up to a Jomtien hotel and ask for a room? In April you probably will be OK doing that, but the weather will be steamy then and traipsing around with bags might set your heart to fluttering. Best to use a taxi for such a quest.

On the other hand, we've stayed at The Venue and the East Suites over the years (but mainly Venue), and at various times during the year, and have never been turned away for 'full up' reasons even when phoning in a reservation for the very next day.
If you want to stay outside the gay area (i.e. Jomtien Plaza) you can try some of the gazillion small hotels located in the many small sois which run off the beach road for as far as the eye can see. You'll probably have no problem at all finding a room in that area without reservations. The higher the soi number the further away from Jomtien Plaza and the gay beach area.

March 29th, 2015, 12:44
Arriving in Pattaya circa April 9th for 5-6 nights. Dare I try to stay in Jomtien without advance reservations?It's not Christmas and I assume you don't have the Virgin Mary with you.

Dalewood
March 30th, 2015, 03:20
It was the approach of Songkran that had me a bit nervous about a place to stay.