View Full Version : New fashion

lukylok
March 21st, 2015, 10:27
I had a meal at the little Mango. If you insist on spicy, the thai food is good.
I saw two elderly gentlemen going out carrying helmets.
I thought they had bikes. Not at all, they each hired a motosay. Is that a new fashion ?
Rather cumbersome.

Smiles
March 21st, 2015, 11:41
.... no more cumbersome than carrying one's head on one's shoulders. Strangely, I do that everyday.
A helmet in Thailand is a pretty smart move, all in all.

francois
March 21st, 2015, 13:17
Likewise often carry my helmet with me although have no motorbike. Especially when my bf takes me somewhere for dinner, etc, then later drops me off at the bars. Rather than leave the helmet with him I carry it but often forget and leave it in the bar!

Smiles
March 21st, 2015, 17:59
Rather than leave the helmet with him I carry it but often forget and leave it in the bar!
A bit absent-minded are we Francois?
Why not just put it on when you enter the bar, chin strap done up and all? I've heard many of the boys just LOVE a man in a helmet. Better than a toupe (see: 'Eros Groupies' topic below) :D

arsenal
March 21st, 2015, 19:45
My personal timeline of riding a motorbike in Thailand.

1. I wouldn't ride a bike here and anyone who does is a total idiot.
2. I will hire a bike, just a very slow one and I'll make sure I wear a helmet. Anyone who doesn't is an idiot.
3. Well perhaps I'll hire a slightly faster one but of course I'll wear a helmet.
4. I want the fastest bike you've got but also give me a sturdy helmet.
5. I want the fastest bike you've got and as for the helmet, fuck it. I'm on holiday. I'm an idiot. But I feel like I'm 18 again.