PDA

View Full Version : The Amazing Race Season 26 Thailand

Surfcrest
March 17th, 2015, 12:07
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y69/Surfcrest/theamazingrace_030615_1_article_story_large.jpg

If you're lucky to be watching the Amazing Race Season 26 currently, you'll know the teams were in Thailand Episode 3 & 4 including time for the team to dress up in drag at My Way Cabaret in Patong / Phuket in Episode 3 (Murphy's Law).

For downloading (http://liveserve5.moveestream.com/movie/tv/30957/26/3/), if you haven't been following at home or on iTunes already.

This year the experiment for the race is to pair some teams up as "blind dates" including a gay pair, which appears to have developed a great friendship but not a true romance (could they both be bottom's? / something that probably never occurred to the show's producers...lol).

Last fall's Season 25 featured a young mix gay couple (one Asian and one a talented drag artist and cuties Timothy and Te Jay seen below).

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y69/Surfcrest/Tim%20and%20Te%20Jay.jpg

Surfcrest

March 17th, 2015, 13:12
The Amazing Race? Isn't that the trashy television series where pairs travel to "exotic" locations where they proceed to trample all over the locals' traditions, beliefs and practices so as to entertain couch potatoes at home?

Surfcrest
March 17th, 2015, 14:21
Local beliefs and traditions, like getting some pumps and powder on down at My Way? lol

I think this season is a lot about our own gay beliefs, traditions and practices being paraded before mainstream America with the number of gay couples on the show this season. It's good exposure for the North American audience to help bring about some positive exposure though.

Surfcrest

March 18th, 2015, 02:21
Quite right Surfcrest it's very important that Joe Public has a wider exposure to the idea that gay men travel to Thailand to spend time with young male prostitutes

Or are you saying that fat fairy and his boyfriend in that ghastly American sitcom aren't enough after 20 years or whatever it was of Will & Grace?

Surfcrest
March 18th, 2015, 04:27
No, it's important that Joe Public is well educated about all aspects of society so that we understand each other better in our more inclusive culture of today. Not all gay men travel to Thailand to spend time with young male prostitutes, and not all tourists traveling to Thailand are indulging in prostitution ether and again it's important that these stereotypes change to reflect the reality.

Surfcrest

March 18th, 2015, 05:52
How IS life on Fantasy Island these days?

fedssocr
March 18th, 2015, 09:17
The Amazing Race? Isn't that the trashy television series where pairs travel to "exotic" locations where they proceed to trample all over the locals' traditions, beliefs and practices so as to entertain couch potatoes at home?

That's the one. They also spend a lot of time eating bizarre things. Because there's nothing the couch potatoes like more than watching fish out of water eat strange foods while they gag.

March 18th, 2015, 13:24
The Amazing Race? Isn't that the trashy television series where pairs travel to "exotic" locations where they proceed to trample all over the locals' traditions, beliefs and practices so as to entertain couch potatoes at home?That's the one. They also spend a lot of time eating bizarre things. Because there's nothing the couch potatoes like more than watching fish out of water eat strange foods while they gag.Quite so. The (only) one I saw had them in India where they proceeded to desecrate a Hindu temple all in the name of entertainment for the couch potatoes back home

Surfcrest
March 18th, 2015, 14:42
The Amazing Race? Isn't that the trashy television series where pairs travel to "exotic" locations where they proceed to trample all over the locals' traditions, beliefs and practices so as to entertain couch potatoes at home?That's the one. They also spend a lot of time eating bizarre things. Because there's nothing the couch potatoes like more than watching fish out of water eat strange foods while they gag.Quite so. The (only) one I saw had them in India where they proceeded to desecrate a Hindu temple all in the name of entertainment for the couch potatoes back home
...and what was the reaction from the Hindu faith to this apparent desecration that you witnessed?

How IS life on Fantasy Island these days?
The one where even the commercials on TV reflect the reality of today?

[youtube:3vhfccsw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oSSNQv_nPTE[/youtube:3vhfccsw]

Have you even been to America Kommie?

Surfcrest

RichLB
March 18th, 2015, 16:32
Thanks Surfcrest for taking the time to give those who don't regularly watch Amazing Race a heads up. Just be glad most people don't live in the heads of the commenters posting so far. What a horrible way to relate to the world.

March 19th, 2015, 02:25
Have you even been to America Kommie?
I may be a slut but I do have some standards.

Surfcrest
March 19th, 2015, 03:13
American Standard, I presume =))

Surfcrest

March 19th, 2015, 13:15
American StandardI completely agree - branding a lavatory "American" is probably a rather apposite use of the word