PDA

View Full Version : Cucumber

Brad the Impala
March 14th, 2015, 16:58
Those of you in Thailand depending on downloading for your tv programmes should keep your eyes open for Cucumber, an eight part series written by Russell T Davies who also wrote Queer as Folk. It centres on a middle aged gay man in Manchester in a settled relationship but still on the lookout for cock. There's a gogeous young blonde guy, Freddie, shades of Nathan in QAF, and the show provides a lot of laughs as well as some interesting characters. Be prepared for some darker shades as time goes by.

There is a shorter companion show, Banana, that segues off after each episode of Cucumber in more depth into some of the characters. Recommend that you watch Ep One of Banana after Ep One of Cucumber, and so on through the series.

There is also a 4OD show Tofu in which the cast discuss their parts, so to speak, and their own experiences.

The names of the programmes are driven by the various levels of arousal. From rock hard cucumber through banana to sagging tofu.

a447
March 14th, 2015, 17:33
Both shows were on TV last night. Hilarious! There were a couple of short, hot sex scenes, as well as some young cock on display.

scottish-guy
March 14th, 2015, 18:47
I've watched the whole series, which ended on Thursday.

Maybe I'm becoming an old prude but I found the graphic sex scenes completely unnecessary to what is a very interesting, funny series (not a patch on the UK version of Queer as Folk though).

Randomly fucking everybody in sight seems to be the reality of gay life though - fortunately I 've always been repulsive enough to be relegated to the margins of it.

There's another two sister series to Cumcumber (by the same team) which run concurrently and feature some of the same characters - "Banana" and "Tofu" - though I haven't watched them.

Final comment: if Russell T Davies persists in featuring underage gay sex in almost every series he writes (he hasnt managed to squeeze it into Doctor Who yet :p ), then questons are going to start to be asked - or is that just part of the aforementioned reality of gay life too ?

March 15th, 2015, 04:53
- or is that just part of the aforementioned reality of gay life too ?Pretty much. The undergraduates I fondle complain to me that at age 14 they were after men, not their own contemporaries. They'd finished with them by the first flush of 13.

My favourite Davies story appeared in an interview in Gay Times several years ago. Davies said his father is blind, and when his parents watch every show he's written, his mother describes to his father what is going on if there's no dialogue. He was trying to imagine what his mother was saying to his father in the rimming scene of (I think) the first episode of Queer As Folk - the one that ends with the memorable line "I bet they never taught you about that in sex ed classes".

As for the Thailand-bound, downloading (https://eztv.ch/shows/1184/cucumber/) is available.

scottish-guy
March 15th, 2015, 06:34
.....The undergraduates I fondle....

In the tunnels along the walkway in Canal Street? I think I know some of them too. They ask for ┬г20 for books.

:))

March 15th, 2015, 07:32
I thought the racial stereotype of the plagiarist was spot on; I'm surprised there hasn't been more of a backlash but I guess the politically correct would be totally conflicted there

scottish-guy
March 16th, 2015, 06:15
I thought the racial stereotype of the plagiarist was spot on; I'm surprised there hasn't been more of a backlash but I guess the politically correct would be totally conflicted there

I, (I suspect like most), have no idea what the fuck you're talking about

March 16th, 2015, 12:40
I thought the racial stereotype of the plagiarist was spot on; I'm surprised there hasn't been more of a backlash but I guess the politically correct would be totally conflicted thereI, (I suspect like most), have no idea what the fuck you're talking aboutWhich bit don't you understand?

* That South Asians are over-represented among students who plagiarize or/and are freeloaders on their fellow students' work?
* That having such a character could be seen by the PC loonies as racial stereoptyping ?
* That the PC loonies would be conflicted by bringing that up in the context of another PC-protected minority - gays?

Especially as by the end of the second episode the widow (member of a racial minority) has told what we the viewers all know to be a homophobic set of lies about the main (gay) character. The PC must be beside themselves.

scottish-guy
March 16th, 2015, 16:32
Fair enough - I'd forgotten about that character

March 16th, 2015, 17:42
Fair enough - I'd forgotten about that characterI've encountered enough of the type over the years for it to resonate.

lonelywombat
March 16th, 2015, 18:56
Well the two shows started only last friday night in Australia. It would be appreciated by those who have not see all the episodes , not to get advance warning.

Nirish guy
March 17th, 2015, 01:45
It would be appreciated by those who have not see all the episodes , not to get advance warning.

I think it's widely accepted as the norm online that you can't really expect people in a Country other than your own NOT to comment on a TV programme which has just finished show with them "just in case" someone in another Country maybe hasn't seen it yet or are running behind series or episode wise, as if one was to do that where does it end as you could of course go on forever just not discussing it forever, plus as well as the "other Country" issue there are of course then also people (like myself) who tend to record each episode and then watch them all at once over the course of a week or two when they get time - so if that was the case then nothing could ever be able to be discussed then either as that's an ever ongoing issue.

I think the best that one can hope for ( and what is usually taken as the accepted norm in such circumstances re online conversations on message boards etc ) is that the person having the discussion, if they think they are revealing some key plot line or something is that they ideally then start their post with words "Spoiler Alert" at the top of their post to enable the reader to decide as to whether they want to read on or not.

PS.... it's little odds as they ALL die in the end anyway as a result of taking way to much E and then dancing themselves to death on Canal Street wearing only their underwear whilst freezing to death from hypothermia !!! - shit, sorry - Spoiler Alert !!! - shit, sorry I guess I should have put that at the start of my post ! Sorry OOPS ! :-)

March 17th, 2015, 04:54
###SPOILER ALERT###
What spoiled it for me was how that beautiful boy ended up so totally disfigured by the end of the series. I'm still waiting BTW to see any reference to under-age sex per Scotty's comment